PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One USB keyboard support for control options

mystamac
12-05-2015, 07:35
As people may (or may not know), the Xbox One now supports USB keyboards.

Is there anyway this could be supported in the game? Specifically with regard to the controller options screen, it would be nice if we could assign some buttons for moving your seat, looking left/right/up/down (I use a TX Thrustmaster wheel), cycle motec, brake bias etc. Our PC brethren have access to this feature, I'm sure it could be implemented.

Pretty please?

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 09:19
Have you tried the custom controller option and adding the key bindings yourself

This issue is that the game only really supports one controller input at once currently, SMS will need to comment if two inputs is possible. If you combine them through a USB hub would that work? I suspect it would create some input lag though.

Juicy904
12-05-2015, 09:54
As people may (or may not know), the Xbox One now supports USB keyboards.

Is there anyway this could be supported in the game? Specifically with regard to the controller options screen, it would be nice if we could assign some buttons for moving your seat, looking left/right/up/down (I use a TX Thrustmaster wheel), cycle motec, brake bias etc. Our PC brethren have access to this feature, I'm sure it could be implemented.

Pretty please?

The best way should be through Xbox Smartglass. That would be awesome if you could put some keys to the tablet

MasterOperator1
12-05-2015, 10:40
Have you tried the custom controller option and adding the key bindings yourself

This issue is that the game only really supports one controller input at once currently, SMS will need to comment if two inputs is possible. If you combine them through a USB hub would that work? I suspect it would create some input lag though.

Problem is that the controller have not got enough buttons....

mystamac
12-05-2015, 10:48
I like juicy's idea, that would be amazing. Even for stuff like switching off traction control or adjusting brake bias.

I have attached my USB keyboard while my wheel is on, it works for t'internet and messaging (so the Xbox knowsnits there) but not on the control assignment page in Project CARS.

Bavarian Turbo
12-05-2015, 11:19
The best way should be through Xbox Smartglass. That would be awesome if you could put some keys to the tablet

great idea, SMS can you do that?

ARusling
12-05-2015, 13:21
I know it's a bit of a push and I'm not sure whether the XB1 would support it, but it would be great if we could get support for button boxes.

gizziegod
12-05-2015, 13:42
or just being able to map a second controller

DriftManiaX
12-05-2015, 13:54
yeah that would be great! and does someone know where i can find the RS (right stick) button on my thrustmaster Ferrari addon wheel? i can't go to menu where you can adjust your suspension

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 14:08
or just being able to map a second controller

^^
THIS!

Ian Bell said they are looking into it btw.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 16:00
yeah that would be great! and does someone know where i can find the RS (right stick) button on my thrustmaster Ferrari addon wheel? i can't go to menu where you can adjust your suspension

There is no RSB and LSB on the wheel (although there should be). Use your pedals to navigate those menus.

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 16:10
Problem is that the controller have not got enough buttons....

Have you assign the stick buttons ? it took a while before I realized that I could use them, I have my stick buttons assign to ignition and starter.

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 19:03
Have you assign the stick buttons ? it took a while before I realized that I could use them, I have my stick buttons assign to ignition and starter.

What stick buttons are you talking about?

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 19:08
What stick buttons are you talking about?

Press left & right stick down.

MasterOperator1
18-05-2015, 12:02
Press left & right stick down.

Of course. But have you seen, what all would be possible to define? For all possibilities you need 3 controllers and more . :) Console Users need a solution.... Tablet, Smartphone, USB Keyboard .....

SN1P3R SK33T
22-05-2015, 01:48
Search for "allow wheels to have more buttons" on feedback.xbox.com and give it an upvote! Basically MS have limited the input protocols on Wheels so the more upvotes hopefully the faster this can be fixed!

Olijke Poffer
06-07-2015, 11:40
Bummer, I'm just about to order a Microsoft All-in-One USB keyboard. But if it is not very usable within Pcars, I think I will not order this one. I need more options to assign buttons.... I have a TX wheel and I can't map enough buttons..