PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin Rapide S Hydrogen Hybrid

danowat
12-05-2015, 08:14
Been (trying) to drive this big lumbering beast, and a beast it is.

My question is, was this car ever competitive in GT?, it's faster on the straight than most of the other GT cars, but it's large boat like handling and poor gear ratios means it struggles every where else.

I like the challenge though!

Also, I assume it's a V12 twin turbo?, I can't hear the turbos in game, could you in real life of said car?

hkraft300
12-05-2015, 10:29
6.0L twin turbo V12 with port injection of Hydrogen (upstream of petrol).

I'd guess it's a low-boost application. In real life I doubt you'd hear waste gate whistle over a V12.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/features/aston-martin-rapide-s-hybrid/

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 10:31
I could move this to the setup section and I'm sure some of the more technical members will be able to help in a setup for you?

What me to do that?

Pete

danowat
12-05-2015, 10:31
Thanks, did a fair bit of googling and can only find that it raced in the 2013 Nurburgring 24hrs, and didn't do that well..........

It's not really a setup question, just more of a general conversation about the car and it's real world performances.

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 10:33
Thanks, did a fair bit of googling and can only find that it raced in the 2013 Nurburgring 24hrs, and didn't do that well..........

It's not really a setup question, just more of a general conversation about the car and it's real world performances.

Last year's N24 (which I went to :)) was the only time it raced. I can't remember what happened to it in the end, I blame the beer and schnitzels.

No problem, I didn't know whether you needed that help or not :)

Pete

danowat
12-05-2015, 10:45
Position was 43rd with 136 laps it appears :)

RimanDk
12-05-2015, 11:33
A couple of months back I did quite a bit of GT4 testing for balance and yeah, the Rapide was pretty consistently low on the board. It logs around considerable weight and is simply bigger and taller than many cars, making cornering a bit tricky. It needs to be driven slow in, fast out of corners, trying to get as much out of its straight-line acceleration and speed as possible. Generally speaking, though, I wouldn't be surprised if the car ended up being used primarily in 1-off competitions rather than in a competitive GT4 field.

JamesB93
16-09-2015, 23:02
Hey guy's I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but i'm putting in reasonable lap times on Dubi International of around abouts 1:47 ish but I can't seem to push the Car any faster? yet when Vs ace level 100% AI they seem to be pushing 1:43 ish times an even if I shift perfectly they still out accel me in the same car? do you have to activate the Hydrogen boost or is it automatic ?