PDA

View Full Version : Audio is great, but a few suggestions if I may

billyhas
12-05-2015, 08:28
Overall, I love what SMS did with the audio in the game. The combination of all elements that make up a great sounding vehicle are present unlike a few other racing games out there.
i.e- Exhaust sputter/overrun effects, trans-whine, brake whine, BOV's, chassis flex..etc are great.
The exhaust/exterior sounds are absolutely astounding!
They really do sound terrific, probably the best I've heard so far.

Having said that, it would be nice to actually have the ability to either

A- Swap around exterior sound samples with the interior samples
B- A few sliders so that we can adjust exhaust to engine mix whilst in cockpit view.

I know, it's not realistic but those damn exterior samples are just so glorious!

A few other things i'd like to see addressed:

The ability to actually hear your car among other cars lol
Road noise to be lessened whilst in cockpit
More resonance in cockpit

Anyway, Greg Hill, Steve Baysted and co. have done a tremendous job so far. I believe with the aforementioned suggestions, the game would truly shine in the audio department..

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 08:30
The Option for External Car Sounds to have in Internal Views is allready on the WMD Wishlist.

As far we know generally there should come more Individual Sound Options like Tire Squeal etc.

ETA? We don't know...

billyhas
12-05-2015, 08:35
Well, that's great to hear!

Looking forward to see it included.
Thanks for the quick reply.

WobblyCaptain
12-05-2015, 08:55
The audio in this game is fantastic if there is going to be further improvements its going to be even better.
I am loving the sound of the cars epic job.

Dresden
12-05-2015, 10:14
I really love how loud this game is. I have to play Forza 5 on a volume of 45 to get the 'magic feeling' that car games can give. PCars only needs 24 to get that same feeling. Last night I accidentally made the mistake of playing it on 41. I thought the windows in my house were about to shatter! The Zonda Roadster and the Apollo are off the scale.

Also really love the neat little touches, like break disc squeal, the sound of the chassis working, so neat!

PorcheDad986
12-05-2015, 11:46
Absolutely agree. The sound in this sim is freaking AWESOME.....and even that is an understatement !