PDA

View Full Version : Abrupt left steering

narkoses
12-05-2015, 08:48
Hi I am having a problem in my game with abrupt left steering. I would be driving in a straight line, not touch the steering controls when the car suddenly twitches and turns ever so slightly to the left, but just enough to lose control of the car. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue, or whether it maybe related to the PS4 controller?

biomarvel
12-05-2015, 09:22
prior to this happening have you hit some walls? this can sometimes happen if you have damaged your suspension.

narkoses
12-05-2015, 09:46
hi no even when the race starts and in perfect condition

DarkMark_XD
12-05-2015, 11:13
I use the controller for PS4, unfortunately I do not experience this issue. The only time this happens is when the AI decide to into the side of my car, have you tried adjusting the damage settings (perhaps turn it off) to see if that does anything?

biomarvel
12-05-2015, 12:28
hmmm very strange....have you broken your cntroller...or moved the thumbsticks when you start up the console. this can reset the centre point.

narkoses
12-05-2015, 14:21
I've tried playing around with settings but it hasn't fixed the issue. Thing is it just happens on this game, for example driveclub works perfectly fine, there is no abrupt steering. I'll do some more testing and see whether I can find out the issue. I'll also maybe try another controller.

YamahaR68
12-05-2015, 14:45
For anyone that struggles with controller on PS4, here is my settings. I tested it with both 125cc and 250cc karts, as I found they were the most difficult to handle. I tested it with Formula A and also handles way better, the cars don't appear to be so nervous like with default settings. I use pro handling and all assists is turned off. Below is the only settings I changed from the default settings on the game.
Steering Deadzone 75
Steering Sensitivity 25
Throttle Deadzone 75
Throttle Sensitivity 25
Brake Deadzone 75
Brake Sensitivity 25
Hope this will solve the issues experienced with the default settings on the game. Please share your experience with the settings.

narkoses
13-05-2015, 17:51
I followed this setup and it's playable :D

Make these changes to controller input mode 3
Steering deadzone = 10
Steering sensitivity = 0
Throttle deadzone = 10
Throttle sensitivity = 20
Brake deadzone = 10
Brake sensitivity = 20
Speed sensitivity = 65
Control filtering sensitivity = 50