PDA

View Full Version : Online ratings & multi-stage events

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 09:18
Played some online stuff yesterday and it was impressive. Lag not too bad and adjustable features in lobby.... Adequate.

However it would be a great improvement if there some type of rating system. These have been used for a decade - even on console games like TOCA!

An ELO system would be great and give us all a little more motivation to keep coming back. There could then be rated and non-rated race lobbies.

And of course, multi-race events with individually adjustable settings for each would improve things.

Clearly, online is just a shell at present. Are there any plans to develop this?

NexusRoy
12-05-2015, 09:53
We need more in-game tourneys/leagues. Community events are ok, but not enough. Public servers are like "enter at your own risk" because they are full of rammers, unless you are very very lucky to find clean racers.

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 10:59
We need more in-game tourneys/leagues. Community events are ok, but not enough. Public servers are like "enter at your own risk" because they are full of rammers, unless you are very very lucky to find clean racers.

I agree, but that's why a proper online experience needs crafting.

We need the host to be able to boot....

We need ratings to make it mean something... with Unrated and Rated lobbies.

This stuff has been done for years in loads of other games - its not rocket science.

It appears to me they are just not interested in online stuff.

Rawex
12-05-2015, 13:47
Honestly was an Online Rating system not promished to us by Project Cars before release? This was one of my main reasons for buying Project Cars, a true working online racing game.

I have been in Racing and i cannot see any controlled online rating system that affects any outcome in what players you get to drive against.

Its all either, slow lappers, people that cant complete a full lap, then we have crashers and last but not least, then we have rammers..

I think everyone was promished a system that would Work online and with competitive online racing, but so far im abit disappointed and im not trying to just bash Down on Things, because i was super excited about Project Cars getting released, mostly because of all these fine online racing features that was promished.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

Im beginning to feel alittle like we all were lied to by Project Cars with amazing features and competitive racing that does not exist and it kinda makes me sad to think about...

Project Cars Clearly says in the video that if you race badly you will get compared against bad racers when you play online and if you race good you will be compared against better drivers, but so far i have not seen the slightest effect of this feature, everything is just Chaos.

Also it is abit or its Very hard to do real close racing at the cars limit, when there is No true side view, i mean when you click Left or Right to change your view to side of the car to check if someone is on your side racing close... trying to pass.

There is only about a 60 degree view change to either side when you click and honestly it needs to be adjustable or ATLEAST 120 degrees so a racer can turn his head and look to his sides in the blind angles... This is one of the main reasons people bumb around i think. Its Basically just like driving as blind..

Rawex
12-05-2015, 14:21
Been reading alittle extra and i quote what stands on Project Cars Official Website http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

@@@
Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

The number of races entered vs the number completed

•Breakdown of placement in those races

•Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions

•Average finishing position and average qualifying position

•The number of races where you incurred no penalties

•And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

So play fair, be successful, and greatness awaits.
@@@

Now i ask, how does this really Work out? Is this all just a big lie or how does it Work ingame? Because so far ive seen nothing of what is described above.. im a Very Sad Panda right now.

Rawex
12-05-2015, 14:46
Okay it seems like this guy Snoopy on this Topic says that Online server control will come and the online skill compare feature should also arrive at some point... Still i thought this was something that was done and ready when they released the game? Im abit disappointed that i now need to wait for patch before Things are fixed...

I found Snoopy's answer in here on first page, but i dont know if his a developer or not. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23688-ramming-and-trolling-multiplayer-sessoins

If Developers see this, then please Fix so one can choose to have a more degree side view, instead of only about 60 Degree front... i need to see whats happening on my blind angle behind on my sides... No one can race properly in blind and its there is nothing unrealistic about me turning my neck to view backwards to my sides if and opponent is trying to pass me...

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 17:00
Well let's hope something is done. Online could be great with a bit of thought, and unrated sessions could let the idiots let off steam.

A proper Voting system to award penalties is needed as well.

Krobo
12-05-2015, 17:09
They haven't even finished the dedicated server yet so give them a chance ..or would you rather have had them push back/stop release ..Again>> ?

Im glad to have it now as the racing is firkin awesome ~!

I don't care how long they have worked on it ,its still only 5-6 days old and already its showing its potential ..

We waited this long .. what's another 2 years lol ... <jk>

seriously tho I hope it gets a fix soon ..;-)

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 17:31
Yes it is worth waiting for. But dedicated servers are only good if you have a fast broadband connection.... Especially the upload speed.

Rawex
12-05-2015, 21:22
They haven't even finished the dedicated server yet so give them a chance ..or would you rather have had them push back/stop release ..Again>> ?

Im glad to have it now as the racing is firkin awesome ~!

I don't care how long they have worked on it ,its still only 5-6 days old and already its showing its potential ..

We waited this long .. what's another 2 years lol ... <jk>

seriously tho I hope it gets a fix soon ..;-)

Honestly the Racing is great, but only really at Solo or Hotlapping or Singleplayer, in Multiplayer its less of a good enjoyment, esspecially if you dont own TrackIR or Oculus Rift Setups.

This limited View Options on only 60 Degrees really puts me down, i need to be able to see in my blind angles atleast 120 degrees behind side of the car.. not front, i think this might be one of the main causes for people crashing around.. with no ways to really have awareness around the vehicle and no ways to adjust the side view either :/

I hope this is a thing they will work on patching and make it adjustable how many degrees side view is turning and how fast it goes as well, instant changing side view is not always the most effective.

s3annnn
13-05-2015, 00:35
we need online ranks like old forzas (havent played new ones)