PDA

View Full Version : Universal FFB Settings for PS4/XB1 Spreadsheet

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wootball
12-05-2015, 09:41
These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are six sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

Whatīs the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

3. 66% - Featuring Side Load Forces derivated from the Rear. The character of SopLateral leaves Mz more space to breathe, allows about
10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets. Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than
usual but compensates with more dynamic, you gain more feel when the tail wants to step out.
In the Fy+SopLateral Mix version Fy (side load front) is dominating, besides the Master Levels this is the main difference.
Note, although different side load mix versions they are following laws of physics, in this case how SMS interprets including
human error (and bugs).

4. Bumps Plus - Based on the Fy+SopLateral Mix version, more Rockīn Roll from bumps and kerbs, clipping not ruled out.

5. Brake Rumble - in game Fx = longitudinal force. Fx is equally cranked up on all cars, itīs a temporary force so it wonīt spoil the core balance. Though cranked up there is just little effect on lots of cars. As reference check the Radicals and the Caterham 500 on Oulton Park.

6. Bumps Plus - Classic - Similar to the Bumps Plus version but based on the Standard-Classic settings.

Download from Google Drive here:

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckYUlFOURuX2RRU1U&export=download
PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

Let me know if there are any problems!

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 10:00
Thanks for this bit of information! Will definitely give it a try.

I have ordered a T300 GTE for this game (and GT6) and I'm quite unsure about the settings available. Does anybody have some information about what these options actually do? The explanations provided are too technical for me to understand whats happening :confused:

Wootball
12-05-2015, 10:31
Honestly, me too. There's a lot in there and there really could do with being a better explanation of what everything does.

Mascot
12-05-2015, 10:54
These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are two sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

Whatīs the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

Download from Google Drive here:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckYUlFOURuX2RRU1U&export=download

Let me know if there are any problems!

Thanks for that. Before printing you might want to format it as a table and apply a shading style so that rows and columns are easier to follow..!

Wootball
12-05-2015, 12:05
Thanks for that. Before printing you might want to format it as a table and apply a shading style so that rows and columns are easier to follow..!

Good point to add some shading. I'll sort that now.

Star_Scream_101
12-05-2015, 12:48
These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings

Thanks for sharing!

Out of interest, who is Jack Spade, and how has he arrived at these settings? Any insight here?

As for many others, I find the number of options within the FFB settings quite overwhelming!

Wootball
12-05-2015, 13:19
Thanks for sharing!

Out of interest, who is Jack Spade, and how has he arrived at these settings? Any insight here?

As for many others, I find the number of options within the FFB settings quite overwhelming!

He did a lot of tweaking the FFB settings during development I think, he's been part of the WMD process from a very early stage.

atchoo
12-05-2015, 13:21
Thanks, Wootball, great work!
I'm too lazy, you're my hero! ;)

Wootball
12-05-2015, 14:10
Thanks, Wootball, great work!
I'm too lazy, you're my hero! ;)

You're welcome. I needed them anyway ready for my wheel to arrive tomorrow!

Star_Scream_101
12-05-2015, 14:28
He did a lot of tweaking the FFB settings during development I think, he's been part of the WMD process from a very early stage.

Thanks man - I really appreciate it. I'll give some of these settings a blast later.

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 14:46
Thanks for sharing!

Jack is here at the PC Forum. Just follow him to get more sophisticated Information about the FF in pCars. Jack is on board since the early beginning of development as member.

IDinity
12-05-2015, 15:16
Thanks, will try the settings out right now on my T300rs...

Btw have anyone actually tried these settings ? i see alot of thanks in the post, but no descriptions of how the settings improved....

Will post as soon as i've updated settings to this. ;)

atchoo
12-05-2015, 15:21
I tried them and I liked them. On par with GSCE's FFB now, imho.

IDinity
12-05-2015, 15:57
Waow... Before i begin. I've playd p-cars for only 18 hours and i bet half of the time have been tweaking and tinkering. Which has been fun though not quite when you have to learn what every single slider do, and theres about 40 or something and thats complicated TBH.

The wheel i use is the T300RS, and from the start of the career everything was great, cause i was running carts and the wheel seemed to be set up quite nicely for that.
The moment i went from karts to a real car (Caterham 7 Classic) was my first go through the career mode, i ended up quitting that event due to Gigantic understeer, and couldnt feel where the car was going heading out of any corner. Also i had to go pretty much half the normal speed i would be going in corners, for my wheel not to hit me like a truck from weight transfer as i got out of any corner. And that was going real slow.

So, the first thing i tried now with these settings was the caterham 7 classic, and i can tell from my wheel now, what my car is doing, and i can do everything i would normally want to in a sim, RACE and set scores. The tweaking i have to do now is minimal compared to before, i am so happy bout these settings, and they just changed the game for me.

End of Rant, will go back and enjoy P-Cars, see you there.

Cheers!:barbershop_quartet_

Paginas
12-05-2015, 16:13
Hi,

The only problem i seem to have is when you tweak the FFB settings withing the car setup. Everything saves e.g. fuel load.
So when im doing a race online i have to quickly guess how many litres im going to use and hope for the best. Plus change it everytime which is slightly annoying

or do i have it totally wrong and there is an easier way.

Hope that makes sense

joker83
12-05-2015, 16:42
Waow... Before i begin. I've playd p-cars for only 18 hours and i bet half of the time have been tweaking and tinkering. Which has been fun though not quite when you have to learn what every single slider do, and theres about 40 or something and thats complicated TBH.

The wheel i use is the T300RS, and from the start of the career everything was great, cause i was running carts and the wheel seemed to be set up quite nicely for that.
The moment i went from karts to a real car (Caterham 7 Classic) was my first go through the career mode, i ended up quitting that event due to Gigantic understeer, and couldnt feel where the car was going heading out of any corner. Also i had to go pretty much half the normal speed i would be going in corners, for my wheel not to hit me like a truck from weight transfer as i got out of any corner. And that was going real slow.

So, the first thing i tried now with these settings was the caterham 7 classic, and i can tell from my wheel now, what my car is doing, and i can do everything i would normally want to in a sim, RACE and set scores. The tweaking i have to do now is minimal compared to before, i am so happy bout these settings, and they just changed the game for me.

End of Rant, will go back and enjoy P-Cars, see you there.

Cheers!:barbershop_quartet_

Hi Id, what setup you have use??? the Classic or the FY+SopLateral?

Thanks!

Hengist
12-05-2015, 19:34
I've tried the classic setup on the Ginetta G40 and the Clio with the T300RS. There's definitely more feedback from it, but turning the wheel seems unaturally/unrealistically stiff. Thanks op for posting this.

joker83
12-05-2015, 19:55
with the standard setup...i have a problem i don't have feel about understeer...now i want to try with this setup...

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 20:16
I tried the FY+SopLateral setup tonight. It definitely felt better than with standard settings. I played around with the sliders a little bit and it got even better but I'll have to play with it a little more tomorrow.

Tested it with the RUF CTR3 on the Nordschleife with the T300 GTE, traction / stability control turned off. Could not match my best lap yet but only had about 30 mins.. Will keep trying and post more info if anybody is interested :)

CPS-3
12-05-2015, 22:06
First of all, I don't want to be rude or anything, what you did is some great work. But in wahwah's sheet everything is in order like you should enter it on ps4 and you mixed some things which is confusing when entering it on ps4.
And it would be a good thing if you added the following info to your OP.
I saw that you had some notes in your sheet at the first page, but it was unreadable for me and some things were not there. (Look at my attachment)

Global FFB settings: FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100 -> Very important, FFB ALWAYS at 100 any wheel!

Force Feedback Calibration Page:

Relative Adjust Gain 1.108 (1.00 okay also)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96

A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 Group MasterScale and SopScale....but always at the same level!
( use careful, high values cause clipping)

Arm angle and Body stuff not used just set their Scale values at zero.

(In yours and wahwah's sheet, every car except 2 have arm angle values.. How is that possible if Jack says that he doesn't use arm and body stuff and saying we should set their values to zero?)

Wootball
12-05-2015, 23:29
The formatting seems wrong there, probably due to your Excel version. May I ask what Excel version you're using? I think I'll just remove the images and leave it as text instructions. As for the order of columns, I'll move those too.

Set the arm angle of the wheel per car as it is on the sheet. The 'Arm' and 'Gut' that Jack mentioned are now called 'Linkage' and 'Body' on PS4.

Basically, if it's on the sheet, change the value to that. If it's not, don't.

CPS-3
12-05-2015, 23:37
well, I don't have excel. I use Numbers on Mac.
Jack said he did't use body (gut) but in his file is see three gut values: gut mass, gut stiffness and gut damping. 2 of them (gut stiffness and gut damping) have values on ps4 but can only be increased to 200 max.
So like I said Jack says don't use body and it's not in your file, but why has he got values for them in his original file... :)
And what value is in Jack's file that you converted to arm angle, in other words what is the name for arm angle in Jacks file?

In my previous post I said that you should add some things to the OP, maybe it's better to add it to your first page of your sheet since you're deleting the images and have some room for some additional info.

Not trying to telling you what to do, I'm just helping us ps4 users gathering all the info we need into one topic/sheet. :)

Wootball
12-05-2015, 23:55
well, I don't have excel. I use Numbers on Mac.
Jack said he did't use body (gut) but in his file is see three gut values: gut mass, gut stiffness and gut damping. 2 of them (gut stiffness and gut damping) have values on ps4 but can only be increased to 200 max.
So like I said Jack says don't use body and it's not in your file, but why has he got values for them in his original file... :)
And what value is in Jack's file that you converted to arm angle, in other words what is the name for arm angle in Jacks file?

In my previous post I said that you should add some things to the OP, maybe it's better to add it to your first page of your sheet since you're deleting the images and have some room for some additional info.

Not trying to telling you what to do, I'm just helping us ps4 users gathering all the info we need into one topic/sheet. :)

There's nothing that needs to be added, you just haven't understood yet.

When Jack started creating the files years ago, he used the Arm and Gut settings. Eventually it got to a point where he didn't use them anymore but they're still in the file, that's all. They aren't used anymore, he just hasn't deleted them.

The arm angle is SpindleArm in Jack's files. The value is multiplied by 100 because that's how the PS4 version works compared to the PC version.

My advice, stop comparing the PS4 and PC files. Jack's version is from the PC where things are different in name and in builds of Project Cars that he used. This is now those versions converted for consols, and if something isn't included you don't need to worry about it. Literally all you need to do is make the changes in the spreadsheet depending on whether you want classic or Sop+Fy. Leave everything else as it is by default.

As for not being able to see the text over the images... Thats because you're using Numbers on Mac, which is useless for Excel files.

The text says:

Project Cars Console FFB Settings

PART 1:GLOBAL SETTINGS

Note - all images are default values - change them as per the instructions below, not by the images

1. By default, Project Cars is set to '75' Force Feedback. Set this to '100'

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'

3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95'

4. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

5. Pick from either 'Fy+SopLateral' settings or 'Classic' settings and apply to each car

6. RACE! Adjust any settings you're not happy with, to your own preferred options - these are a starting point!

Wootball
13-05-2015, 00:03
And the column order should now be sorted as it is in the PS4 menus.

Hengist
13-05-2015, 00:07
I've noticed on the PS4 that some values can't be replicated due to the fixed increments that the sliders use. Also, some of the suggested changes are already at the value by default.

Wootball
13-05-2015, 00:13
I've noticed on the PS4 that some values can't be replicated due to the fixed increments that the sliders use. Also, some of the suggested changes are already at the value by default.

Just get as close to them as you can. Remember, this is a direct conversion from the PC version

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 00:19
Ok understood. I downloaded the file again, but the images are still there but i can see point 1 - 6 but there still very weird placed and behind the images. But I don't need them anymore, but if there are other Mac users it could be handy to post it in your OP since they will have the same problem as me most likely.
Please also add the following as it helps others who read the OP or your file.

A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 MasterScale and SopScale....but always decrease at the same level!

And just to clarify, body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100 you have set to zero on your ps4 or have you got them at default?

Hengist
13-05-2015, 00:26
Just get as close to them as you can. Remember, this is a direct conversion from the PC version Thanks for the reply. Although I like how the settings emphasise the bumps in the road a lot more, I'm not really feeling the wheel go light as the car looses traction. Also the general turning tension is too stiff for my tastes. Are there any particular values, that you're aware of, that can be changed to remedy this?

P.S. Using the T300RS at this end.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 00:32
Set your anti lock brakes off and do a hard brake, you will not feel any FFB. But that is also the case with standard project cars settings.
In the post above you see: "A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 MasterScale and SopScale....but always decrease at the same level!
( use careful, high values cause clipping)"

That is the only thing they say about it. I also would like to know if there is another value to change because decreasing the 2 mentioned above will also decrease the feeling of kerbs etc

Hengist
13-05-2015, 00:55
Thanks once again for the reply. All assists are already off as I never use them in Sim's (I should have mentioned that earlier). I've already had a play with those settings on RWD and FWD cars, but it ended up feeling worse. I think that I'll go back to default settings for now, as I don't like blindly messing around with this stuff when I've no idea what I'm doing.

dwalldorf
13-05-2015, 07:09
This really is ridiculous. I mean, it is awesome that some people spend insane amounts of playing around with the settings, trying to understand and share their information about the FFB. But why can't the devs just let us know what effect each and every slider has? The descriptions are so technical, that nobody will understand them and that can't be the goal.

So yes, keep posting your results, I will do the same if I can achieve any improvements. But the solution has to be an explanation by somebody who really understands what's happening.. There's no way around this.

Wootball
13-05-2015, 07:20
Ok understood. I downloaded the file again, but the images are still there but i can see point 1 - 6 but there still very weird placed and behind the images. But I don't need them anymore, but if there are other Mac users it could be handy to post it in your OP since they will have the same problem as me most likely.
Please also add the following as it helps others who read the OP or your file.

A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 MasterScale and SopScale....but always decrease at the same level!

And just to clarify, body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100 you have set to zero on your ps4 or have you got them at default?

This is now on the instruction page in the sheet, and images have been removed.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 08:09
Good job, It opens and looks good in Numbers.

could you answer my last question please: And just to clarify, body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100 you have set to zero on your ps4 or have you got them at default?

Wootball
13-05-2015, 08:21
Good job, It opens and looks good in Numbers.

could you answer my last question please: And just to clarify, body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100 you have set to zero on your ps4 or have you got them at default?

They're at default of 100 - it's the Body Scale that's at 0.01 (because it won't go any lower, so it's effectively off).

Thanks for the feedback on the spreadsheet so far.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 09:04
DOesn't Jacky imply that all the body stuff should be at 0 so also the body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100?

Wootball
13-05-2015, 09:11
DOesn't Jacky imply that all the body stuff should be at 0 so also the body stiffness and body damping which has default values of 100?

"Arm angle and Body stuff not used just set their Scale values at zero."

I took that to mean just set the scales to zero and leave the rest as they are.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 13:06
CPS-3 - If you look in the PC files, the Arm Scale (Linkage Scale on PS4) and Gut Scale & Gut Long Scale (Body Scale and Body Longitudinal Scale on PS4) are all set to 0.0 (on PS4 they will only go to 0.01, which is what we do).

<value ArmScale="0.0" /> - Linkage Scale, set to 0.01 on PS4
<value ArmMass="10.0" /> - Doesn't exist on PS4
<value ArmStiffness="1.0e7" /> - Linkage stiffness, multiply by 100, so 100 on PS4
<value ArmDamping="1.0" /> - Linkage Damping, multiply by 100, so 100 on PS4

<value GutScale="0.0" /> - Body scale, set to 0.01 on PS4
<value GutLongScale="0.0" /> - Body longitudinal scale, set to 0.01 on PS4
<value GutMass="50.0" /> - doesn't exist on PS4
<value GutStiffness="1.0e6" /> - Body stiffness, multiply by 100, so 100 on PS4 (well, 100.01)
<value GutDamping="10.0" /> - Body Damping - the ratio of this changed between PC and PS4, where the PC version is divided by 10 not by 100. So multiply by 10, so 100 on PS4 (well, 100.01 again)

At some point, you're going to have to trust us that we've converted the settings as they are between Jack's files and the PS4 spreadsheets. At the moment I'm answering the same questions again and again.

Set the Linkage Scale to 0, set the two Body scales to 0, leave the rest as they are (or put them to 100 if you've altered them). I can't make it any clearer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all i needed to know. thanks.

edit: i checked on my ps4 and linkage stiffness and linkage damping are set to 1.00 default an can be set to 2.00 max. So the multiply of 100 is incorrect.

Wootball
13-05-2015, 13:26
In that case, leave them as 1.00. That's a change between PS4 and PC again - similar to the Body Damping setting too. Either way, just leave it as default.

GHR Gynoug79
13-05-2015, 13:58
Thanks for creating this spreadsheet ! Just printed it out and will have a go later tonight....

dvc
13-05-2015, 14:05
I dint kniw why everyone sets body scale to 0. Is actually makes huge difference. Those are my defaults. Top down for SPindle and BOdy & sop.
I only changing those in squares dependent on car. Rest is preety universal for most cars.
Other settings:
FFB strenght 90%

ffb calibration:
tire force 120
wheel pos smoothing 0
deadzone removal range 0
relative adjust gain 1.2

And videog telemetry and ffb graph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxWXEc1Xbj4

Wootball
13-05-2015, 14:46
PDF Version:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

Jack Spade
13-05-2015, 14:49
There's nothing that needs to be added, you just haven't understood yet.

When Jack started creating the files years ago, he used the Arm and Gut settings. Eventually it got to a point where he didn't use them anymore but they're still in the file, that's all. They aren't used anymore, he just hasn't deleted them.

The arm angle is SpindleArm in Jack's files. The value is multiplied by 100 because that's how the PS4 version works compared to the PC version.

My advice, stop comparing the PS4 and PC files. Jack's version is from the PC where things are different in name and in builds of Project Cars that he used. This is now those versions converted for consols, and if something isn't included you don't need to worry about it. Literally all you need to do is make the changes in the spreadsheet depending on whether you want classic or Sop+Fy. Leave everything else as it is by default.

As for not being able to see the text over the images... Thats because you're using Numbers on Mac, which is useless for Excel files.

The text says:

Project Cars Console FFB Settings

PART 1:GLOBAL SETTINGS

Note - all images are default values - change them as per the instructions below, not by the images

1. By default, Project Cars is set to '75' Force Feedback. Set this to '100'

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'

3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95'

4. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

5. Pick from either 'Fy+SopLateral' settings or 'Classic' settings and apply to each car

6. RACE! Adjust any settings you're not happy with, to your own preferred options - these are a starting point!

To clarify this:
The pCARS FFB system was developed continuously. The Arm and Gut(now Body) as it was called, is something not derivated from car/tire physics so I did
not use any of it, because it masks other important stuff, BTW these things came in later. On the other side all these parameters could not be just deleted in the files,
because then you get the same information from the setup pages - mismatch confusing....so, set them "Scale" at zero and forget about the rest.
Unfortunately SMS decided to label them different on the pages, but the system needs the old labels in the files. The set up pages didnīt exist a few months
ago, tweaker files only.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 15:31
how do you get that FFB graph in your hud?

joep87
13-05-2015, 16:29
I'm not sure which of these changes did it, (i only followed steps 1-4 at the top of this page) but I no longer understeer in every corner!!! YEEESSSSS!!! Also changed steering sensitivity up to 60 (t300rs). Everything is so much better now, thanks :)

Jack Spade
13-05-2015, 17:19
@Wootball

I know itīs not a nice job to fiddle on such lists, but how do you like the idea to rearrange listing the cars according to their type like in game, GT, Road, Open Wheeler etc.
not possible in the file thatīs why the listing is not neatly arranged.

BravoLima
13-05-2015, 22:22
how do you get that FFB graph in your hud?

Click left on your d pad

Wootball
14-05-2015, 04:39
@Wootball

I know itīs not a nice job to fiddle on such lists, but how do you like the idea to rearrange listing the cars according to their type like in game, GT, Road, Open Wheeler etc.

I don't mind doing this, sure. I'm not with my computer right now but I'll have a look in a couple of hours.

ChrisK
14-05-2015, 04:59
This has been a brilliant spreadsheet. I got some settings from isrtv aswell which I was running before this. I think these are overall better and more driveable. bit the steering is quite a bit lighter with these new settings which I don't like. I just can't work out which variable it is that lightens up the steering.

R2Dom2
14-05-2015, 05:57
Very pleased with these settings. I tried the 'Classic' as I've not idea what SoPFy is... it did seem to lighten up the steering which isn't ideal however, definatley feeling bumps in the road and kerbs that I wasn't before. I'm still not getting 'wash-out' when I'm loosing traction on a corner, or at least not as much as I'd like but but but a significant and definiate improvement. I was diving into corners, feathering cornering with the accelerator and correcting a lot better. Felt more in control. Thank you for your work on this.

Wootball
14-05-2015, 05:58
This has been a brilliant spreadsheet. I got some settings from isrtv aswell which I was running before this. I think these are overall better and more driveable. bit the steering is quite a bit lighter with these new settings which I don't like. I just can't work out which variable it is that lightens up the steering.

Probably the Arm Angle - try increasing/decreasing that and see how you get on.

Wootball
14-05-2015, 06:33
@Wootball

Jack, do you happen to have a list of each car that's in each class? I can't find a list on the net and can't remember which classes are in the game at the moment.

Rymix
14-05-2015, 07:16
Thanks. This is terrifically helpful.

Katilla
14-05-2015, 07:27
I thank you for the list! It helps a lot!

ChrisK
14-05-2015, 07:58
Probably the Arm Angle - try increasing/decreasing that and see how you get on.

Spot on. Thank you !

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 08:24
I changed the FFB settings for all the cars in my garage to the ones from the list and oh boy what a work :) but i had this problem http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24221-FFB-settings-saved-in-garage-different-when-in-a-event

wootball, It would be nice if you changed the list and edited the carnames to their right names as they are in the game. There are a few which I had trouble with finding in pC because their named not the same as in the game. Just a suggestion to make it easier for others who download it.

Crisis Nine
14-05-2015, 08:52
This list is brilliant. Even if you don't like the feeling of each car after changing the car specific settings, just the main wheel setting at the top of the document alone make the game 100% more enjoyable. Great work thank you very much!

GoTaLL
14-05-2015, 08:56
thank you!

Wootball
14-05-2015, 09:32
I changed the FFB settings for all the cars in my garage to the ones from the list and oh boy what a work :) but i had this problem http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24221-FFB-settings-saved-in-garage-different-when-in-a-event

wootball, It would be nice if you changed the list and edited the carnames to their right names as they are in the game. There are a few which I had trouble with finding in pC because their named not the same as in the game. Just a suggestion to make it easier for others who download it.

Which ones?

And as for the event being different than your garage, don't forget to save the FFB settings for each car, for every track.

Go to 22 minutes in this video to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

R2Dom2
14-05-2015, 09:51
Spot on. Thank you !
What did you increase / decrease the arm angle to to provide a stronger steering resistance?

Wootball
14-05-2015, 09:53
What did you increase / decrease the arm angle to to provide a stronger steering resistance?

Just try it, it's personal preference.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 10:19
Which ones?

And as for the event being different than your garage, don't forget to save the FFB settings for each car, for every track.

Go to 22 minutes in this video to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

Mercedes C touring --> Mercedes C DTM
Stockcar --> Caper stockcar
Sauber C9--> Mercedes Sauber C9
LMP PM06A-->Marek RP 339H LMP
LMP RWD-->RWD P30 LMP
LMP2 Marek--> Marek RP 219D LMP2
LMP2 RWD P20-->RWD P20 LMP2

I watched Darin's video and he did it the same way I did. So it's a bug and not something my fault.

Wootball
14-05-2015, 10:32
Names changed - I won't be making many more changes to it aside from maybe to separate the cars into classes.

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 10:33
Do you guys want this stickied?

Pete

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 10:38
Jep Blackvault. Would be appreciated. Best to stickie it into the X1 board as well ;)
Thanks wootball, but best not to change it per class. If you have it alphabetical it's good. When choosing car and select the upper symbol for all cars you get the brands also alphabetical. I Think that's the easiest way. But it's your list, you do what you wanna do ;)

Wootball
14-05-2015, 10:47
Do you guys want this stickied?

Pete

Yes please!

Jep Blackvault. Would be appreciated. Best to stickie it into the X1 board as well ;)
Thanks wootball, but best not to change it per class. If you have it alphabetical it's good. When choosing car and select the upper symbol for all cars you get the brands also alphabetical. I Think that's the easiest way. But it's your list, you do what you wanna do ;)

On the list of 'all' cars are the ones you mentioned above still separated by Manufacturer or by the name you gave? For example, Sauber C9--> Mercedes Sauber C9 is that listed under the 'S' or the 'M' category?

Raeang
14-05-2015, 10:55
Very nice work!!! I printed everyone one of the original files from Spade's post...what a mess that was. Cheers!!

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 11:05
Yes please!

On the list of 'all' cars are the ones you mentioned above still separated by Manufacturer or by the name you gave? For example, Sauber C9--> Mercedes Sauber C9 is that listed under the 'S' or the 'M' category?

Mercedes Sauber is under M. The way I typed them it's the way they are in game.

Sauber C9 (old name)--> Mercedes Sauber C9 (new name)

C-Gam
14-05-2015, 11:18
On how many degrees you configured your wheel ? Is 900 okay ?

Wootball
14-05-2015, 11:27

Yes, that should be fine.

Mercedes Sauber is under M. The way I typed them it's the way they are in game.

Sauber C9 (old name)--> Mercedes Sauber C9 (new name)

Done.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 11:41

That's how i have it.
But a friend of mine got a visit from his friend who plays iRacing @ level 2 and he had played pC on PS4 and after some hours playing with it he set my friends t300 ingame to 500 and then set the wheel itself to mode 2 (hold mode button and press left on D pad til the red light blinks 2 times, this has to be done each time you open the game because the wheel doesn't remember which mode you set in into)
If you choose for the 2nd option it will feel strange at first because the wheel reacts very fast due to the lesser degrees, but the iRacing guy said if you keep driving like that your times will be faster.

zephyr_1oNE
14-05-2015, 11:55
Hello @ all (and have a nice Fathers Day everyone) :D

My 1st post in here, I own a PS4 with a t300rs, before I have a Fanatec GT2 with CS Pedals, but since I have a PS4, I have to buy that t300rs. I have a good feeling
with that, now I want to test some of these settings, for my understanding, I have to "name" each setting exactly the same like the Car name in the game, otherwise
the settings wouldnt save for that car? Its a lil confusing, thats the reason why im asking ;)

Greets from cologne (germany)

Benny.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 12:19
No, You have to go to garage and then enter the values in the FFB part of the settings and save it for the tracks you want or all tracks.
I'm having problems when driving an event in career that the values I've entered in my garage are different in the event itself. When i adjust them to the right ones and save them and go back to pit box and to the settings they are changed again to other values i've set them to.

zephyr_1oNE
14-05-2015, 12:54
No, You have to go to garage and then enter the values in the FFB part of the settings and save it for the tracks you want or all tracks.
I'm having problems when driving an event in career that the values I've entered in my garage are different in the event itself. When i adjust them to the right ones and save them and go back to pit box and to the settings they are changed again to other values i've set them to.

Thanks for the info CPS ;)

thats sounds very weird, I check that when I come back home later today. I only tested the R8 LMS Ultra with the Fy+SopLateral Mix settings in a practice race, and the ffb was a lil to heavy for me so I reduced the
'Master Scale' from 0.30 to 0.20 and 'SopScale' from 0.32 to 0.22, and that was okay for me. Later I test more ;)

Jack Spade
14-05-2015, 13:31
Jack, do you happen to have a list of each car that's in each class? I can't find a list on the net and can't remember which classes are in the game at the moment.

Sorry no list, in game is the only thing.

Jack Spade
14-05-2015, 13:45

thats sounds very weird, I check that when I come back home later today. I only tested the R8 LMS Ultra with the Fy+SopLateral Mix settings in a practice race, and the ffb was a lil to heavy for me so I reduced the
'Master Scale' from 0.30 to 0.20 and 'SopScale' from 0.32 to 0.22, and that was okay for me. Later I test more ;)

I advice everybody to set Master Scale and SopScale ALWAYS at the same level, why?.... I wonīt explain here, but it has to do with Systems specifics or oddities you guys
are not aware of.

Also, this setting prevents you from running in traps: Fz and SopDifferential at the same level.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 14:00

If all cars are too heavy you can also reduce the tire force. I have it at 70. Is some are still too heavy/light i reduce/increase master scale + sop scale. But you have to set the last 2 at the same value. So you have to set them to 0.20 and0.20 (or twice 0.22)

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 14:02
I advice everybody to set Master Scale and SopScale ALWAYS at the same level, why?.... I wonīt explain here, but it has to do with Systems specifics or oddities you guys
are not aware of.

i see you were ahead of me :) When they fixe that thing with the center spring We will have a huge deference in feeling. Some PC owners that also have ps4 say it's a huge difference between the two.

Jack Spade
14-05-2015, 14:10
i see you were ahead of me :) When they fixe that thing with the center spring We will have a huge deference in feeling. Some PC owners that also have ps4 say it's a huge difference between the two.

Actually I donīt know what center spring issue youīre talking about, I was talking about an individual car FFB setup issue.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 14:18
I know what u were talking about. What I said after had nothing to do with what you said. When i said "i see you were ahead of me I meant you allready said to the guy that he should change master + sop both and i said it after your, hence the "i see you were ahead of me' :)
It is another issue what we have on ps4 and from what i've read is if that get's fixed we'll have a whole new feeling. ----> It's listed in the known issues stickie: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23749-Please-let-us-deactivate-centering-spring-on-ffb-wheel

jhonatas
14-05-2015, 14:22
I have researched a lot about the FFB to Pcars before changing anything on the PS4, I just calibrated the steering wheel and pedals and I was running, the T300RS looked like it had only a spring pulling it to the center, with no ffb force. Now after doing some tests using this table the ffb is better, but still feel it is not in idial. I've always been a player only Gran Turismo with DFGT and rarely with Game Stock Car, and feel that the FFB was better than today with Pcars and T300RS. But can only be my impression

gbm
14-05-2015, 14:52
Lame question but, if I'm using the T80, which doesn't have FFB, does any of this apply?

Wootball
14-05-2015, 14:53
I wouldn't have thought so, that would just be the steering deadzone and such in your steering wheel settings.

gbm
14-05-2015, 14:56
I wouldn't have thought so, that would just be the steering deadzone and such in your steering wheel settings.

Great, kinda what I suspected. Thanks.

reiji
14-05-2015, 20:45
Spreadsheet Simulator 2015

I spent an hour and a half this morning entering in settings for each car to make the game actually playable...

HUGE thanks to Jack Spade and OP for putting this together.

It's absolutely idiotic that these settings weren't in the game from the start. The game was a big disappointment when I fired it up and tried playing with my T500 - I was ready to write to Sony and beg for a refund on my digital purchase. Considering that the game is called "Community Assisted Race Sim", it's pretty ridiculous that SMS apparently didn't take any feedback from the COMMUNITY for how force feedback should feel.

Again, big thanks to the people who put this together and shame on SMS for wasting my time.

Iwanchek
14-05-2015, 21:53
i thing three major settings that needs to be changed are the Acceleration senstitivity, brake sensitivity and steering sensitivity...i start with those settings a bit and for example on lmp cars i lower the steering sensitivity to 50, then i have smoother steering and for carrer i use bit sharper steering, around 70...and for other two settings is the same, set them up on ur driving style....other options are just complicated and those settings wount dramatically improve your lap times.

itīs just my opinion....

grungerockpirate
14-05-2015, 22:50
I wonder if enough people seem interested, if the developers could add with an update the ability to download shared user ffb settings on consoles. I know the ncaa football games EA used to put out had a function to download user created rosters. Something like that would be excellent instead of us having to manually enter everything in.

dvc
15-05-2015, 00:07
Am I the only one who finds those settings very uncomfortable? :D Better than default definitely, but Ill keep mine :P

Rod Trip
15-05-2015, 02:10
Defininitely not! How can a normal person calibrate this ffb? Give me a default setting that is a mid ground to every car. Or at least give us some presets for every car, defined by your experts, this is simple and OBVIOUS!!! i cant believe how complicated these settings are, i have never heard of a game with such a difficult ffb setting. I end up playing with the default in every car, and guess what? The ffb sucks, i cant feel a thing. Why can GT6 do it and you cant?

dvc
15-05-2015, 03:42
Defininitely not! How can a normal person calibrate this ffb? Give me a default setting that is a mid ground to every car. Or at least give us some presets for every car, defined by your experts, this is simple and OBVIOUS!!! i cant believe how complicated these settings are, i have never heard of a game with such a difficult ffb setting. I end up playing with the default in every car, and guess what? The ffb sucks, i cant feel a thing. Why can GT6 do it and you cant?

PM me on PSN matt_dvc with your favourite car. Ill try to set it up for you*. Then you go from there, for other cars you will make only small changes ;)

*I am using different settings than most people

331 LX
15-05-2015, 05:47
Has anyone used the Fanatec GT2 with these settings or is everyone on a Thrustmaster?

Thanks for loading these Woot.

Jack Spade
15-05-2015, 06:04

This is a sim game. Besides the standard car tuning stuff every other sim offers, pCARS enables the user to adjust FFB individually on each and every car,
FFB is directly derivated from the carīs physics. The default FFB is a normalized setting which is the same on every car, cause one guy likes what the other donīt.
Likewise RW racing, you just canīt buy a car next door and start serious racing. The posted file contains optimized FFB settings for all cars, so pretty easy to begin with.

dwalldorf
15-05-2015, 09:17

Well, yes this is kind of strange but here you have some settings to start with. I think the devs had to make some decisions in order to hold timelines. Deliver a great racing game but leave configuration uncomfortable for now, or deliver a crappy game with awesome settings. I definitely prefer it this way and wait for the not-life-changing improvements to come..

calm down and keep racing :)

Iwanchek
15-05-2015, 09:33
Well, yes this is kind of strange but here you have some settings to start with. I think the devs had to make some decisions in order to hold timelines. Deliver a great racing game but leave configuration uncomfortable for now, or deliver a crappy game with awesome settings. I definitely prefer it this way and wait for the not-life-changing improvements to come..

calm down and keep racing :)

to much settings that wont improve the car sooo much in terms of"handling"or something like that.

They need to keep it simple for everyone not like this, its just to much of everything!

i miss somehow the simplicity from Gran Turismo.....

dwalldorf
15-05-2015, 09:40
Yes, you are right. They must implement improvements in this section. But remember, the game just released. They did the mandatory features and it works. Now they will work on fixing (or completing) things like this.

Fre.Mo
15-05-2015, 11:19
Global FFB settings: FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100 -> Very important, FFB ALWAYS at 100 any wheel!

A certain car maybe at bit weak/strong? Use these 2 Group MasterScale and SopScale....but always at the same level!

(In yours and wahwah's sheet, every car except 2 have arm angle values.. How is that possible if Jack says that he doesn't use arm and body stuff and saying we should set their values to zero?)

I have a thrustmaster t500rs. You sais FFB always at 100 but it must also depend on the setting of the strength we have already set with the wheel control panel (software on pc)?

Jack Spade
15-05-2015, 12:52
I have a thrustmaster t500rs. You sais FFB always at 100 but it must also depend on the setting of the strength we have already set with the wheel control panel (software on pc)?

The FFB slider in this game is confusing lots of people, it reduces FFB dynamic. Set it at 100 and never ever look at it again no matter what wheel you have ->use Tire Force!

o05170o
15-05-2015, 15:06
Call me lazy but... That is for every single car in game, I mean... I need to introduce it one by one? Wow... I apreciate a lot that you share this... But... Wow... Hahaha

There is any chance that developer introduce this in a patch or something on ps4? I mean, like... An optio? It would be helpfull....

Okay okay, I better stop dreaming!
Hehe

zephyr_1oNE
15-05-2015, 15:17
The FFB slider in this game is confusing lots of people, it reduces FFB dynamic. Set it at 100 and never ever look at it again no matter what wheel you have ->use Tire Force!

Thanks alot Jake for your help in here, you said a few pages before that its better to have Master Scale and SopScale always at the same level, but you prefer to change nothing in that two settings, and instead of that
its better to lower the tire force to have a lower FFB feeling? Cause I read in some other forums, that when we put the FBB lower, we have to set the ffb deadzone removal higher, is that right?

CRAZY_BULLDOG
15-05-2015, 16:13
First of all, I don't want to be rude or anything, what you did is some great work. But in wahwah's sheet everything is in order like you should enter it on ps4 and you mixed some things which is confusing when entering it on ps4.
And it would be a good thing if you added the following info to your OP.
I saw that you had some notes in your sheet at the first page, but it was unreadable for me and some things were not there. (Look at my attachment)

Hello, I have a problem. I follow the post, but I menu 'I have not set ForceFeedback, only Force Tire and others. No adjustment "general" ForceFeedback. Can you tell me the cause? I have a steering wheel Thrustmaster t300rs and play on PS4 .Thanks
Sorry for my bad english

Feetabix
15-05-2015, 16:27
Can I assume despite it being the first post of ten pages that the link on page one/post one are the settings to try out?.....

atchoo
15-05-2015, 16:33
Yes, they are the right settings.

@CRAZY BULLDOG Trovi quell'impostazione dove ci sono anche i controlli sulla zona morta di sterzo, acceleratore, freno, ecc. ecc.
Quando sei nel menų dei controlli premi R2 e troverai quella voce. Di default č posizionata su 75.

CRAZY_BULLDOG
15-05-2015, 16:54
Yes, they are the right settings.

@CRAZY BULLDOG Trovi quell'impostazione dove ci sono anche i controlli sulla zona morta di sterzo, acceleratore, freno, ecc. ecc.
Quando sei nel menų dei controlli premi R2 e troverai quella voce. Di default č posizionata su 75.

Grazie mille, ecco perche non la trovavo, cercavo nel posto sbagliato!!!
Ti ringrazio molto.
Se vuoi aggiungimi sul psn CRAZY_BULLDOG

Jack Spade
15-05-2015, 16:54
Thanks alot Jake for your help in here, you said a few pages before that its better to have Master Scale and SopScale always at the same level, but you prefer to change nothing in that two settings, and instead of that
its better to lower the tire force to have a lower FFB feeling? Cause I read in some other forums, that when we put the FBB lower, we have to set the ffb deadzone removal higher, is that right?

THIS!!!!!......is exactly the confusion this bloody FFB slider causes. If you lower that fader the deadzone gets bigger, FFB at 100 you get 100% FFB dynamic no matter what level Tire Force is set to,
of course the wheel feels strong/weak depending on TF setting but the FFB dynamic remains the same, and so is the deadzone removal thingy.

Check out the FFB slider like this. Set it at zero and watch the FFB monitor - youīll still see FFB the curve in action but no FFB on the wheel, in other words you have zero dynamic on your wheel
but still full forces calculated.

dwalldorf
15-05-2015, 17:13
Call me lazy but... That is for every single car in game, I mean... I need to introduce it one by one? Wow... I apreciate a lot that you share this... But... Wow... Hahaha

There is any chance that developer introduce this in a patch or something on ps4? I mean, like... An optio? It would be helpfull....

Okay okay, I better stop dreaming!
Hehe

There are options that are global and can not be changed car by car. And there are options that are specific to a car. Using the same configuration for a very light car and a heavier car, for example, will not necessarily work. So I din't really think that there will be an option to create one setup that applies to every car.

What might happen, is that they will update the configuration with better default values. But I don't really think they will.

zephyr_1oNE
15-05-2015, 17:46
THIS!!!!!......is exactly the confusion this bloody FFB slider causes. If you lower that fader the deadzone gets bigger, FFB at 100 you get 100% FFB dynamic no matter what level Tire Force is set to,
of course the wheel feels strong/weak depending on TF setting but the FFB dynamic remains the same, and so is the deadzone removal thingy.

Check out the FFB slider like this. Set it at zero and watch the FFB monitor - youīll still see FFB the curve in action but no FFB on the wheel, in other words you have zero dynamic on your wheel
but still full forces calculated.

I play the game on my Ps4, I think there is no FFB Monitor, dunno. But is this right, when I set the Master Scale and SopScale (in each car setup) lower, I have to put a higher value at the
deadzone removal thingy (that is in the main menu options)?

EDIT: When some cars feels a lil too strong on my t300rs ( I used the settings spreadshet for all of my cars ), would you prefer to lower the Master Scale and SopScale, or better set
the tire force to a lower value?

CPS-3
15-05-2015, 18:41
The FFB motor is in the HUD. Press the button you have assigned the HUD to and press it a few times till you see every corner on your scren has some meters (tires, brakes, etc On the left top corner you have a square with a yellow line. That's your FFB monitor.
I use the settings from the sheet and lowered the tire force to 75. If a car is to light/heavy I use the sop and master scale.

It's all in the sheet from wootball, point 2 and 8

CPS-3
15-05-2015, 20:51
Whos has tried the Ford Focus RS? Don't know whats wrong but when the gasped is pushed there is no FFB force whatsoever, until you drop the gaspedal. Very weird. Give it a try if you haven't.

Jack Spade
16-05-2015, 11:42
Whos has tried the Ford Focus RS? Don't know whats wrong but when the gasped is pushed there is no FFB force whatsoever, until you drop the gaspedal. Very weird. Give it a try if you haven't.

The FWD cars have this, itīs better on the Clio, AWD cars have it slightly - Slightly Mad Studio

Snake OilerX
16-05-2015, 18:33
How do you know if your wheel is clipping?

BravoLima
16-05-2015, 21:29

I'm exactly the same. I'm losing the will to live with this game. It feels like the developers have assumed we all know what the hell all these settings mean and how to set up cars and levels of force feedback. I actually dont want to tweak settings to my pesonal prefernce, what i want do is set up each car to how 'they' would be set up and challenge myself to trying to drive them. We need the set ups from the devs as I'm pretty sure most of us have no idea what it feels like to control these cars. The devs must have tested every wheel and every track tirelessly so I would like them to bring out a PDF with all these settings published for us. Wheel type. Car set up. FFB settings. Please please please.

Wootball
16-05-2015, 22:56
These are settings from a WMD member who worked on them for years through the development process. They're designed to be real word replications, for all intents and purposes within the limitation of a wheel/pedal setup. They're as close to what you're asking for a you're ever going to get.

yokedblowfish
17-05-2015, 15:26
I am new to racing with a wheel i have the TX Thrustmaster, I'm not finding "SOP" settings I do not know what SOP means nor am i finding those IN the settings.I set all the classic stuff in settings but am I missing out on the SOP is it somewhere else or arethey for a different wheel, any help would be appreciated.also specifically for the Ford Focus RS the DOR is still two turns of the wheel to get it to turn I do not see any DOR adjustments or setting for that.once again thank you for all your hard work and information it's priceless to me the learning curve on this is huge

Wootball
17-05-2015, 15:46
SOP is in each individual car settings. Press R1 (shift paddle) and it's there.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 20:24
I am new to racing with a wheel i have the TX Thrustmaster, I'm not finding "SOP" settings I do not know what SOP means nor am i finding those IN the settings.I set all the classic stuff in settings but am I missing out on the SOP is it somewhere else or arethey for a different wheel, any help would be appreciated.also specifically for the Ford Focus RS the DOR is still two turns of the wheel to get it to turn I do not see any DOR adjustments or setting for that.once again thank you for all your hard work and information it's priceless to me the learning curve on this is huge

Go into your tuning settings, press R1 to go to te FFB sections, press R2 to find SOP settings.

Titzon Toast
17-05-2015, 21:37

From what I understand, SOP stands for seat of the pants, as in, your ass. When you're driving a car you actually feel what the car is doing literally through "the seat of your pants"
In the game it would help translate what the rear of the car is doing and perhaps some sideways motion through your wheel.
At least, that's my limited understanding of it so far, I'm new at this too!

Jack Spade
18-05-2015, 05:59
@ Wootball

This car listed as LMP PM06A = LMP1 Marek RP 339 H

Name change during development but tweaker term remained, exception the the rule.

Wootball
18-05-2015, 07:08
@ Wootball

This car listed as LMP PM06A = LMP1 Marek RP 339 H

Name change during development but tweaker term remained, exception the the rule.

I've changed that one already, the current versions say Marek RP 339H LMP.

MadManMarcus
18-05-2015, 08:42
I am using a Thrustmaster T300 and the settings in this spreadsheet seem spot on for all cars with Tire Force set to 80. Why don't SMS give users the option of applying all of these FF settings automatically in an update? People could then tweak for their own wheel/tastes from there.....

atchoo
18-05-2015, 09:15
I am using a Thrustmaster T300 and the settings in this spreadsheet seem spot on for all cars with Tire Force set to 80.

I agree.
At 100 PC is more a workout than a game! :)

Fre.Mo
18-05-2015, 15:37
is increasing Tire Force from 80 to 100 (with FFB=100) as the same effect on the wheel as increasing FFB from 80 to 100 (with Tire Force=100)?

Wootball
18-05-2015, 15:57
is increasing Tire Force from 80 to 100 (with FFB=100) as the same effect on the wheel as increasing FFB from 80 to 100 (with Tire Force=100)?

No.

Fre.Mo
18-05-2015, 17:06
Ok but what will be the feeling difference through the wheel between the two settings?
How to find the balance between both parameters?

Wootball
18-05-2015, 17:15
Tire force would lower the feedback for anything based on the tires being in contact with the ground - so traction, turns etc. Lowering the force feedback would lower absolutely everything including the tires.

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 18:46
Tire force would lower the feedback for anything based on the tires being in contact with the ground - so traction, turns etc. Lowering the force feedback would lower absolutely everything including the tires.

That's how I tried to imagine this as well while trying around. Is this backed information or your interpretation?

Wootball
19-05-2015, 05:12
Does it matter?

CPS-3
19-05-2015, 07:50
The FWD cars have this, itīs better on the Clio, AWD cars have it slightly - Slightly Mad Studio

Yeah I noticed, the Renault Megan has it too. It is driveable but not a very realistic feeling.

Jack Spade
19-05-2015, 08:00
New Tweaker Files V1.5 - 2 additional new sets, all info on first page of my thread.

Follow the link in my signature.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 08:08
New Tweaker Files V1.5 - 2 additional new sets, all info on first page of my thread.

Follow the link in my signature.

Is it worth updating the spreadsheet? Too many new sets is just offputting when it takes 4+ hours to change the cars in the game one by one.

CPS-3
19-05-2015, 08:21
If you are gonna update you sheet Wootball, I would suggest to pick folder 3. Seems like the best pick.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 09:00
Folder 3 is now included, I have a meeting at work now and then I'll update for folder 4. I haven't uploaded the new version yet, I'll upload it once everything is in there.

I also haven't updated the Karts for the Fy+SopLat and Classic settings - this is because on console we can't change the FFB to disable FFB at standstill. The Lycan and FA have been updated as per the tweaker files though.

Timothywilsons
19-05-2015, 10:01
All - this may be the most stupid question asked on this forum, sorry if that's the case. I've got my first ever wheel, a T100, which is all plugged in and "working" in Project Cars on PS4, in that it steers and the pedals do what they should! However I'm not really sure what to expect from the FFB element of the wheel. When I drive there is "resistance" and what I would describe as a gentle grinding sound and feeling, but I don't seem to feel a lot of feedback. When I spin off (as I do often) I would expect feedback - for the wheel to turn by itself? When I hit the rumble strips / kerbs I too would expect something through the wheel - but I get nothing. I followed various sets of parameters suggested on forums, but nothing really seems to change.

Can anyone make any suggestions - or tell me what I should expect? Is there a simple way of testing this?

Many thanks in advance.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 10:06
Try updating one of the cars based on this sheet, then see how it feels.

Jack Spade
19-05-2015, 12:55
@ Wootball

Folder 4 bumps plus, is like #2 but Fz/SopDiff at the same level on every car.
I did this thing cause forum guys seem to like this stuff.

Serious car FFB tuning without a FFB restart on the fly option is almost impossible. We had it in WDM game versions, I suggested a similar thing for the retail game
but no luck. If you know how the system works tweaker files is much copy/paste action, you donīt have it on the car setup pages either sh** happens.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 13:19
@ Wootball

Folder 4 bumps plus, is like #2 but Fz/SopDiff at the same level on every car.
I did this thing cause forum guys seem to like this stuff.

Serious car FFB tuning without a FFB restart on the fly option is almost impossible. We had it in WDM game versions, I suggested a similar thing for the retail game
but no luck. If you know how the system works tweaker files is much copy/paste action, you donīt have it on the car setup pages either sh** happens.

Some don't have the same Fz+Sop Diff though - such as the Atom 3, at 1.0 for Fz and 1.4 for Sop Diff.

Jack Spade
19-05-2015, 13:24
Some don't have the same Fz+Sop Diff though - such as the Atom 3, at 1.0 for Fz and 1.4 for Sop Diff.

Mistake, 1.4 on all.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 13:25
Mistake, 1.4 on all.

Except the stock car, at 0.8/0.8 right?

Jack Spade
19-05-2015, 13:35
Except the stock car, at 0.8/0.8 right?

...1.4 all cars. Rock nīRoll for everybody.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 13:53
...1.4 all cars. Rock nīRoll for everybody.

All sorted - the spreadsheet and PDF have now been updated with your 1.5 settings.

RDJ
19-05-2015, 16:39
there is a little error, nothing big.
on the Alpine A450 ; (66% SopLateral) SoP Lateral is just 13, i think you forgot the 0.

well im still using the Classic version, but tried some cars with the 66% settings.
need to try a bit more. ;)

thanks to Jack for all the Settings, and also to Wootball for the Pdf version.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 17:00
there is a little error, nothing big.
on the Alpine A450 ; (66% SopLateral) SoP Lateral is just 13, i think you forgot the 0.

well im still using the Classic version, but tried some cars with the 66% settings.
need to try a bit more. ;)

thanks to Jack for all the Settings, and also to Wootball for the Pdf version.

You're right, thanks. I've changed this now.

ctzn
19-05-2015, 17:59
Thanks for compiling and posting these, gents! These settings work wonders.

Timothywilsons
19-05-2015, 22:55
So, as advised earlier in the thread I have downloaded the pdf and made suggested changes. My only problem is the I cannot seem to find the SoP settings anywhere on the ps4 settings. I must be going mad as cannot see them anywhere. I'm trying to mod the Mitsubishi Evo and can make all changes apart from the SoP ones, where are they!!

Secondly is I should the LED be on permanent or flashing on my T100, I have received conflicting views.

Finally my wheel, even with changes, doesn't seem to provide that much feedback. With the light flashing it seems quite heavy and really really clicks loudly I. 2 places when I rotate the wheel.

This is proving to be a pain......

Wootball
20-05-2015, 05:06
It should be steady, not flashing. SOP is in each cars individual settings. Press R1 and then you'd need to press R2 I believe.

Zenzic
20-05-2015, 07:34
I'm curious to give these settings a try. Just so I know where to start, which one of the four variants in the document are most people using?

Wootball
20-05-2015, 07:39
I'm using Classic and love it. The Fy+SopLat was too heavy for me.

dwalldorf
20-05-2015, 08:35
Does it matter?
sure it does

rams1de
20-05-2015, 08:50
Is there an error with input of Bac Mono settings?

I recall reading in Jack Spades thread that it is important that Fz scale and Sop Diff levels are equal. That's not the case for this car, I think they're 90/70 respectively in the first three sheets.

Thanks for your efforts to help us console users btw.

Nono
20-05-2015, 09:11
Wonderfull setups, thanks a lot !!!
The Fy+SopLat was also too heavy for me, so I prefered "Classic". But the new "Bumps Plus" is just wonderful.
I will try Bac Mono settings this evening (France...)

atchoo
20-05-2015, 09:17
If you feel Fy+SopLateral Mix too heavy you could lower Tire Force from 100 to 80. It works for me.
I’d like to test 66%, maybe next week-end.

Wootball
20-05-2015, 09:44
Is there an error with input of Bac Mono settings?

I recall reading in Jack Spades thread that it is important that Fz scale and Sop Diff levels are equal. That's not the case for this car, I think they're 90/70 respectively in the first three sheets.

Thanks for your efforts to help us console users btw.

No, it's the Master Scale and SOP Scale that need to be the same.

r1ck
20-05-2015, 11:56
Like Timothywilsons I also can't find the SoP settings on the PS4 menus.
I have gone into my Garage, selected a car, created a setup then gone to the FFB options and can find all the settings except the SoP ones.

Can anyone elaborate on how to find them? (sorry if this is a daft question). I'm using a T300RS if that matters.
Thanks

Jbpd
20-05-2015, 12:11
I have gone into my Garage, selected a car, created a setup then gone to the FFB options and can find all the settings except the SoP ones.

Can anyone elaborate on how to find them? (sorry if this is a daft question). I'm using a T300RS if that matters.
Thanks

I had this exact problem, found the answer by accident..............press the throttle.

Its amazing how many hidden menu's there are you can find pressing throttle and brake to go between

Jbpd
20-05-2015, 12:17
Does anyone know how to reduce the ffb strength feeling for when the car in going through a compression, or when braking / lifting on corner entry at speed when not in straight line?

i.e. at the bottom of paddock at brands, and at the right hander at the back of snetterton my ffb is far to strong for my weak arms, then into last corner on brands hatch indy I have trouble turning the car into the corner.

I'm driving a Formula C at the moment - I like feeling of the downforce its just a bit too much, and can't work out with setting it is to dial this out without reducing the overall ffb.

gbm
20-05-2015, 13:16
I know very little about FFB, in fact, my wheel won't arrive until next week. Having said that, I've been looking through your spreadsheet and I have a question.

Once I set all the universal settings....do I also need to go in and change each car individually? Or is that page there just as a tuning option?

rams1de
20-05-2015, 13:34
No, it's the Master Scale and SOP Scale that need to be the same.

Passing on info provided by Jack Spade. Take a look at this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=928130&viewfull=1#post928130)

Doozle
20-05-2015, 13:51
I just started using some of the settings from the spreadsheet and my T300rs is shaking at the begging grid or as soon as I leave the pits. You can actually see the driver going right and left, back and forth, with the steering wheel in game. The steering wheel will also do this wobble when I am at top speed on straight aways. Has anyone else experienced this or possibly has a resolution? Other than this problem I love the ffb feelings everywhere else.

Wootball
20-05-2015, 14:08

Thanks

Press your gear up paddle to move between tabs, and then R2 to switch between screens within that tab.

I just started using some of the settings from the spreadsheet and my T300rs is shaking at the begging grid or as soon as I leave the pits. You can actually see the driver going right and left, back and forth, with the steering wheel in game. The steering wheel will also do this wobble when I am at top speed on straight aways. Has anyone else experienced this or possibly has a resolution? Other than this problem I love the ffb feelings everywhere else.

Did you definitely calibrate your wheel correctly?

Doozle
20-05-2015, 14:17
Press your gear up paddle to move between tabs, and then R2 to switch between screens within that tab.

Did you definitely calibrate your wheel correctly?

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have double checked the calibrations. It is currently set at 900 degrees. It actually started behaving this way after altering the general information from the first page.

diesel97
20-05-2015, 14:30
Thanks for the response. Yes, I have double checked the calibrations. It is currently set at 900 degrees. It actually started behaving this way after altering the general information from the first page.

Mine started to bug out after 2 weeks of mess with settings and i just reset it and stated over . All beeter know

diesel97
20-05-2015, 16:10
@wootball

do we have to use these numbers on the PS4 also ?Dead Zone Removal settings for various wheels collected by Lars Rosenquist with the help of WMD members.

FFB at 100% - always any wheel!

Logitech G27: 0.18
Logitech Driving Force GT: 0.40 - 0.50
Logitech Driving Force Pro: 0.00-0.01

Fanatec CSR: 0.00
Fanatec CSW v2: 0.00
Fanatec 911 GT3 RS v1: 0.06
Fanatec GT2: 0.11
Fanatec Turbo S: 0.09 - 0.1

Thrustmaster T300RS: 0.02

SimXperience AccuForce: 0.00

FFB at 75%

Logitech G25: 0.14

FFB at 60%

Thrustmaster T500RS: 0.00

Wootball
20-05-2015, 16:13
I think they're just for the PC.

gbm
20-05-2015, 16:45
Wootball, I appreciate your spreadsheet, but I beg you, can you dumb it down for me for just one second?

In layman's terms, what are the differences in the 4 setups?

Wootball
20-05-2015, 16:49
Wootball, I appreciate your spreadsheet, but I beg you, can you dumb it down for me for just one second?

In layman's terms, what are the differences in the 4 setups?

Classic:
Bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, relatively light steering

Fy+SopLateral:
Heavier but gives more feel what the rear of the car is doing

66%:
More dynamic FFB, but exiting curves is lighter whereas everything is slightly heavier than Classic. Like a mix between classic and Fy+SopLat really.

Bumps Plus
Lots of FFB from bumps and kerbs, but pushes the FFB quite hard.

gbm
20-05-2015, 16:57
Classic:
Bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, relatively light steering

Fy+SopLateral:
Heavier but gives more feel what the rear of the car is doing

66%:
More dynamic FFB, but exiting curves is lighter whereas everything is slightly heavier than Classic. Like a mix between classic and Fy+SopLat really.

Bumps Plus
Lots of FFB from bumps and kerbs, but pushes the FFB quite hard.

Ok, that makes a bit more sense.

I know it's all preference, but what is recommended? I'm a casual player, but I DO appreciate a realistic experience.

Wootball
20-05-2015, 17:04
It seems to be between the classic and the 66.

atchoo
20-05-2015, 17:16
@wootball

do we have to use these numbers on the PS4 also ?Dead Zone Removal settings for various wheels collected by Lars Rosenquist with the help of WMD members.

FFB at 100% - always any wheel!

Logitech G27: 0.18
Logitech Driving Force GT: 0.40 - 0.50
Logitech Driving Force Pro: 0.00-0.01

Fanatec CSR: 0.00
Fanatec CSW v2: 0.00
Fanatec 911 GT3 RS v1: 0.06
Fanatec GT2: 0.11
Fanatec Turbo S: 0.09 - 0.1

Thrustmaster T300RS: 0.02

SimXperience AccuForce: 0.00

FFB at 75%

Logitech G25: 0.14

FFB at 60%

Thrustmaster T500RS: 0.00

You can't use them. On PS4, if I'm not wrong, you could only set 0.05 steps (0.05, 0.10, 0.15, etc. etc.).
I set my T300 GTE on 0.05.

diesel97
20-05-2015, 17:53
You can't use them. On PS4, if I'm not wrong, you could only set 0.05 steps (0.05, 0.10, 0.15, etc. etc.).
I set my T300 GTE on 0.05.

That was why i was wondering , do you feal a differce between o and .05 ?

atchoo
20-05-2015, 18:20
You should feel a subtle but effective difference.
Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 have a similar option, too, and they work fine.
If you set a too high value (10% or 0.10 on my T300) your wheel begins to oscillate.

dwalldorf
20-05-2015, 18:50
I had this exact problem, found the answer by accident..............press the throttle.

Its amazing how many hidden menu's there are you can find pressing throttle and brake to go between

The menu navigation seems to be designed for controller pads. You don't need to press the throttle/brake. You can actually use R2/L2 buttons. You can navigate through the "context grouped" menus using R1 and L1 (which are mapped to the shifter pedals on the T300) and R2/L2 to navigate between "submenus". So its not actually hidden, just hard to find with wheel because R2/L2 are mapped kind of counter intuitive. There should be a hint, stating out that there are submenus available and how to get there anyway.

C6ckneyGeezer
20-05-2015, 19:03
Silly question here; ive played iracing, live for speed, assetto corsa, rfactor 1 and 2, dirt 3. Now all of these games I turned on, played them with a wheel and they felt great at the get go!

So why must I sit there for hours tweaking settings for Project Cars?

With Assetto Corsa feels so much better at this time, you feel every bumps, curb, bit of understeer, even feel the wheel go lights over a crest etc. Project Cars atm feels so numb compared it's a shame!

atchoo
20-05-2015, 19:12
Well, this isn't a general thread about PC's FFB...
However I agree with you, FFB should work fine almost out of the box, but this thread and Jake Spade's one patch it.

JAVITRD
20-05-2015, 20:32
Hi to all! New to the forum here.

I tried Jake's settings and in the 66% i was two second faster than the classic and the Fy+SoP (10 laps on each setting). It feels weird cause i didn't get that "wash out" or "lightness" feeling when understeering but the back end was spot on.

R2Dom2
21-05-2015, 07:06
I tried the 'bumps plus' last night and it caused my wheel (300RS) problems. At the start of races and when paused the wheel would occasionally go off centre and then just judder. The only solution was to turn the wheel off and back on. I have been using 'classic' and 'Fy+SoP'(preferred) previously without any problems. Will try the 66% tonight.
Ah...or I see it could be caused by a problem with the wheel and suspend mode. Hmm, life is never simple!

Jack Spade
21-05-2015, 07:42
To clarify the different versions.
In all versions the core settings or ratio of forces are following laws of physics (SMS interpreted) so they correctly mirror the carīs situation on the wheel (any wheel).
As the side load forces are derivated from different sources (front/rear) their special mix balance determine the character of FFB feel. At this point the versions may
become a matter of taste rather than wrong or right.

Goruk
21-05-2015, 16:33
Hi there guys,

1st post here, can someone explain me whatīs the diference between:

Removal Deadzone Range and Removal Deadzone Falloff

Also, in this post it says FFB at 60% T500 0.00
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198&viewfull=1#post891198

Does this mean I should use 60% FFB with the T500 on the PS4?

atchoo
21-05-2015, 18:14
No, 60% is a FFB setting in Thrustmaster PC Driver.
Try 0.00 or 0.05.

amazed
21-05-2015, 20:12
Will the car setup list be amended for each car that gets added to the game?

Kain NL
21-05-2015, 21:15
Something I can advice to everyone I think.
Because I lost my wheel settings due to the keypad that would not disappear and had to close the app.
Just RESET the wheel settings in controller menu, asign buttons again..DO NOT CALIBRATE the wheel, but just change DOR/SENS on the wheel according to your own liking with the specific car.
I've tried everything with the calibration...but I just couldn't keep the McLaren F1 under control...it kept feeling like a WW II tank...now I can push the car really to its limits without understeer sliding off track!!

Dynamic__8
21-05-2015, 22:32
Hi ,new here, I can't download either file in the 1st post for some reason, I have cleared the DL with my AV but it just goes to a blank screen.
Any help would be appreciated, right now the game is un-playable with the T300rs wheel on ps4. I tried messing with the settings but no good results. Thanks for any info and help.

Dynamic__8
21-05-2015, 22:57
Just to update, my AV checked the site and says there is nothing there to download. Strange. The game says I have spent 87% of the time on the game in the engineering section (option menu), man that's sad. I wonder why they made 2 FFB menu's in diffrent sections of the game, an on-track option menu for all FFB and wheel settings would have been better I believe.

RooBoys
22-05-2015, 00:29
Is there anyway to reset all settings to default if you get a bit lost tweaking stuff here and there? I was using 'Classic' settings on my T500RS and was happy with them but after trying to set 'Fy+SoP' my steering now feels incredibly light and very little FFB. This continued even after going back and re-entering the 'Classic' settings. Tire force is 100 and FFB is set to 100 also so not sure where I went wrong. Hoping resetting to default and then re-entering 'Classic' will solve my problem.

PS I'm also having the same problem many others are with the wheel either fully locking or vibrating after returning to the menu from races

dwalldorf
22-05-2015, 06:34
I think, if you go to your garage, select a car and hit "new settings", it will create a new set of default settings. Your issue sounds like it could be something else though. Did you try to restart your PS4 or reconnect the wheel? Have this issue sometimes that FFB will be gone completely but it helps if I just unplug it and plug it back into the PS4.

Sweet19blue
22-05-2015, 07:15
Hi,
Just to add my 2 cents, for those who have hardware problems on PS4, my advice is to connect the wheel to the PS4 only when on the starting screen of Pcars when it is asking to press X. Connect the USB and press X on the Wheel.
I read that somewhere and have got no problem so far. Maybe it can help...

Pierre

Islandlad77
22-05-2015, 14:46
Hi,
Just to add my 2 cents, for those who have hardware problems on PS4, my advice is to connect the wheel to the PS4 only when on the starting screen of Pcars when it is asking to press X. Connect the USB and press X on the Wheel.
I read that somewhere and have got no problem so far. Maybe it can help...

Pierre

I now have a wheel showing instead of DS4 but it's saying fanatec porsch turbo instead of the wheel I'm using. Mine is the gt3rs v2.
Also whenever I restart the game or choose different car, the settings from the previous car used are reset to default.
SMS really need to get these bugs sorted out ASAP along with lack of fanatec support generally.

Steve.

Jack Spade
22-05-2015, 16:45
I now have a wheel showing instead of DS4 but it's saying fanatec porsch turbo instead of the wheel I'm using. Mine is the gt3rs v2.
Also whenever I restart the game or choose different car, the settings from the previous car used are reset to default.
SMS really need to get these bugs sorted out ASAP along with lack of fanatec support generally.

Steve.

Make sure you have the latest driver/firmware AFAIK they cured some issues.

Sweet19blue
22-05-2015, 17:49
Hi Jack,
Thank you very much for your FFB Tweaker files!
I am using 66% settings with which I am very satisfied but I was wondering if there is a parameters I may increase if I want a little bit more feeling from the road bumps. I find Bumps plus settings too much though.

Best regards,

Pierre

agusKBla17
22-05-2015, 17:58
Hi! I have a question, if I'm racing a resistance 3h race in my Carrer Mode and I want to stop and have a break, is there any option which I can choose in order to save the race progress, quit from that race and then come back and continue with that saved progress? Or there is just the AI auto-driving option when I stop in pits which doesn't allows me to save my race progress and then shut down my ps4?
I would really appreciate if someone answer my question,

Thanks and sorry for my bad English, I'm just an Argentinian boy

Islandlad77
22-05-2015, 20:25
Make sure you have the latest driver/firmware AFAIK they cured some issues.

All ready have latest firmware. Also can someone tel, me where steps 2,3,4 and 5 in the global strings can be found please. Can't find them anywhere.
Many thanks

amazed
22-05-2015, 21:33
Many thanks for this.

Only got my wheel this week and I've already felt the cars that I've setup become so much more alive!

P.I.T.A. though to have to save the setup for each car on each track, or am I doing something wrong???

Wootball
23-05-2015, 06:57
When you save, you have the option to save for all locations.

Sweet19blue
23-05-2015, 09:01
Hi again,

Just a little question : In the 66% settings for Alpine A450, SOP lateral is 13. Is that right or is a 0 missing to go 130? Although I have searched the internet, I coudn't find clearly what is the difference between Oreca 03 and Alpine A450? Is that the same car? I Wonder because settings are different for those 2 cars...

C6ckneyGeezer
23-05-2015, 12:01
I used the general settings at the top of the form and left all the induvidual car settings alone. Feels so much better than default! Thankyou.

Jack Spade
23-05-2015, 12:45
Hi again,

Just a little question : In the 66% settings for Alpine A450, SOP lateral is 13. Is that right or is a 0 missing to go 130? Although I have searched the internet, I coudn't find clearly what is the difference between Oreca 03 and Alpine A450? Is that the same car? I Wonder because settings are different for those 2 cars...

Probably a typo 130 is correct, Alpine and Oreca basically the same car, different engine I believe.

Islandlad77
23-05-2015, 14:23
Sorry if I sound clueless but can someone PLEASE tell me where to find the following settings, I just can't seem to find them anywhere.

2. Set the 'Tire Force' to '100'. If this feels too heavy, lower it as you see fit
3. Set 'Relative Adjust Gain' to '1.10', 'Relative Adjust Bleed' to '0.10' and 'Relative Adjust Clamp' to '0.95
4. Set 'Body Scale' and 'Body Longitudinal Scale' to 0.01
5. Set 'Scoop Knee' to '0.70' and 'Scoop Reduction' to '0.15'

Wootball
23-05-2015, 16:23
Tire force and Relative settings are in your global FFB settings. Press R1 (gear up paddle) to see them. The rest are in each individual car, press R1 to see them too.

jhonatas
24-05-2015, 11:39
What is the best force feedback settings for use light and sensations power? Classic, 66% or other? Sorry for my English.

Jack Spade
24-05-2015, 12:37
What is the best force feedback settings for use light and sensations power? Classic, 66% or other? Sorry for my English.

Actually thereīs no best or wrong or right about the different versions, check them out one by one. Oulton Park/Ruf RGT8 GT3 makes a nice test environment for a start,
choose what feels best for you.

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 14:43
Wow ... so glad you guys took the time to do this,.

Question: which of the 4 provides the most "realistic" ffb? I'm using t300 on ps4.

Thanks

Jack Spade
24-05-2015, 16:06
Wow ... so glad you guys took the time to do this,.

Question: which of the 4 provides the most "realistic" ffb? I'm using t300 on ps4.

Thanks

Read post above yours.

LordDRIFT
24-05-2015, 16:15
Read post above yours.

Doh. That's what happens when you post from mid thread. Curious, which do you prefer?

Islandlad77
24-05-2015, 18:23
Actually thereīs no best or wrong or right about the different versions, check them out one by one. Oulton Park/Ruf RGT8 GT3 makes a nice test environment for a start,
choose what feels best for you.

Yep, that's the car and track I've been using along with the classic setup, and then making fine adjustments with the wheel (fanatec gt3 rs).

fezza
25-05-2015, 06:26
The steering wheel will also do this wobble when I am at top speed on straight aways.

I also experience this wobble on straights especially with Formula A, shakes my whole body lol

The wheel is calibrated correctly and everything else set up as per the spreadsheet (general FFB settings not car specific). I noticed this happened after changing these settings:

Relative Adjust Gain = 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp = 0.95

Anyone know their default settings to test if they remove high speed down the straights wobble issue?

Jack Spade
25-05-2015, 17:13
I also experience this wobble on straights especially with Formula A, shakes my whole body lol

The wheel is calibrated correctly and everything else set up as per the spreadsheet (general FFB settings not car specific). I noticed this happened after changing these settings:

Relative Adjust Gain = 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp = 0.95

Anyone know their default settings to test if they remove high speed down the straights wobble issue?

What wheel, what deadzone removal, what Tire Force? Note, the FA is a very high down force car - fast = strong, slow = weak FFB

LotusTeam
26-05-2015, 05:52
So far tried on the Classic setting, both EvoX and 1M coupe is amazing, and then tried classic on Ford Focus RS, I just feel weird that the wheel seems to lift off while every throttle during cornering and weight coming back while centering to straight, is it normal?

Jack Spade
26-05-2015, 06:42
So far tried on the Classic setting, both EvoX and 1M coupe is amazing, and then tried classic on Ford Focus RS, I just feel weird that the wheel seems to lift off while every throttle during cornering and weight coming back while centering to straight, is it normal?

I donīt think it should be normal but this is how SMS has made it on the FWD cars, itīs much more moderate on AWD cars.

fezza
26-05-2015, 07:43
What wheel, what deadzone removal, what Tire Force? Note, the FA is a very high down force car - fast = strong, slow = weak FFB

I have the T300GTE, here are my other settings:

Steering Deadzone = 0
Steering Sensitivity = 65
Force Feedback = 100
Wheel Position Smoothing = 0
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.05
Tire Force = 100
Scoop Knee = 0.70
Scoop Reduction = 0.15

I started with those settings and when I inserted the Relative Adjust settings, it gave me the straightline wobble in FA.

Jack Spade
26-05-2015, 08:04
I have the T300GTE, here are my other settings:

Steering Deadzone = 0
Steering Sensitivity = 65
Force Feedback = 100
Wheel Position Smoothing = 0
Deadzone Removal Range = 0.05
Tire Force = 100
Scoop Knee = 0.70
Scoop Reduction = 0.15

I started with those settings and when I inserted the Relative Adjust settings, it gave me the straightline wobble in FA.

As mentioned, FFB on the the FA is very dynamic, exaggerated in my opinion. Your wheel settings seem okay in general maybe Tire Force could be lower, I know of others
having it at 60-80. You could also try a bit of drag, per wheel movement I think itīs called now, helps with oscillation issues.

toreso
26-05-2015, 08:30
I have T300.
What is Deadzone Removal Range for this wheel?

McLari
26-05-2015, 09:29
Great post which I used to my own satisfation. Great FFB now on my Fanatec CSW. Used the FySopLateral and will try the others in the next few days and give you my feedback. For me this list makes the game enjoyable besides the many bugs that need to be repaired. Great game, even greater community!!!

Jbpd
26-05-2015, 12:44
I'm using a t300rs and the classic settings but find the wheel too strong for my liking...........in order to race I have to reduce the master scale and sop to 1/2 what's noted in the spread sheet.

Would people recommend reducing the FFB% back to 75%, reducing tire force to below 80 or keeping as is with 1/2 the master and sop?

muscular
26-05-2015, 13:15
FFB should be 100%, so u can feel the bumps and other minor details of the road, if u find the wheel too hard, turn tire force down. Tire force to me is a little like auto-centering force.

Jack Spade
26-05-2015, 14:40
I'm using a t300rs and the classic settings but find the wheel too strong for my liking...........in order to race I have to reduce the master scale and sop to 1/2 what's noted in the spread sheet.

Would people recommend reducing the FFB% back to 75%, reducing tire force to below 80 or keeping as is with 1/2 the master and sop?

Wrong advice, in this case it reduces FFB dynamic to 75%, this should always be set at 100 any wheel, Tire Force is the right choice. I wonder why some people tend to think they
must fiddle with the master scale/sop scale values reducing something like 50% global on about 80 cars in game, that makes 160 value changes. Reducing Tire Force the same amount
is the same effect with just 1 level change.

Jbpd
26-05-2015, 18:16
Wrong advice, in this case it reduces FFB dynamic to 75%, this should always be set at 100 any wheel, Tire Force is the right choice. I wonder why some people tend to think they
must fiddle with the master scale/sop scale values reducing something like 50% global on about 80 cars in game, that makes 160 value changes. Reducing Tire Force the same amount

Well that's good to know. When u just buy the game from scratch like me you have no idea what the settings are. I didn't know if turning down tyre force would have same effect or not.

PHB1969
26-05-2015, 19:29
I have tried a number of changes to the FFB settings since launch and have only just started with the settings in the spreadsheet (Classic) and I'm so impressed with the results, really makes a difference.

Using a t300rs and feel so more connected to the game particularly in cockpit view.

diesel97
26-05-2015, 22:51
must fiddle with the master scale/sop scale values [/B]reducing something like 50% global on about 80 cars in game, that makes 160 value changes. Reducing Tire Force the same amount

I change the master scale/sop scale because some cars your settings feel good but other cars feel way to heavy , and you cant go to your global settings in the pits. I think alot of it has to do with "spring on" i think .

So what im doing the same thing ?

LotusTeam
27-05-2015, 04:32
Jack here I go again with the "Is that normal?" question....

Ever since I've adjusted FFB=100, I can feel the steering is really heavy, but don't get me wrong, I'm okay with that and as the matter of fact I quite like it. However, FFB=100, TF=100 also gave me some very different experience on driving a cold tyre car and a warm / hot tyre car.....the steering wheel becomes so heavy when tires are cold, and it becomes way lighter when they get warm or hot.....again...have u experience this before or is just me? Again...is it normal? Thanks for your advice!

Jack Spade
27-05-2015, 05:58
I change the master scale/sop scale because some cars your settings feel good but other cars feel way to heavy , and you cant go to your global settings in the pits. I think alot of it has to do with "spring on" i think .

So what im doing the same thing ?

Thatīs what these master faders are made for. What "spring on" are you talking about?

Jack Spade
27-05-2015, 06:13
Jack here I go again with the "Is that normal?" question....

Ever since I've adjusted FFB=100, I can feel the steering is really heavy, but don't get me wrong, I'm okay with that and as the matter of fact I quite like it. However, FFB=100, TF=100 also gave me some very different experience on driving a cold tyre car and a warm / hot tyre car.....the steering wheel becomes so heavy when tires are cold, and it becomes way lighter when they get warm or hot.....again...have u experience this before or is just me? Again...is it normal? Thanks for your advice!

I donīt know what wheel you have however if the motor gets hotter the wheel gets lighter, so itīs hard to decide if itīs the wheel or a game effect at this point.
In any case just reduce Tire Force if you think the wheel feels to strong.

LotusTeam
27-05-2015, 06:48
Jack thanks....u know what? I finally figure it out...it's the T300 problem, ever since I adjusted FFB=100, her motor gets hotter more quickly and yes u are right, that's the T300, not the game.....

So any workaround on this T300 issue Jack?

Jack Spade
27-05-2015, 07:41
Jack thanks....u know what? I finally figure it out...it's the T300 problem, ever since I adjusted FFB=100, her motor gets hotter more quickly and yes u are right, that's the T300, not the game.....

So any workaround on this T300 issue Jack?

I had the issue on my CSW v1 too, was bugging me ever since, one of the main reasons I upgraded to the V2 call it a workaround if you like.

diesel97
27-05-2015, 11:20
[QUOTE=Jack Spade;946789]Thatīs what these master faders are made for. What "spring on" are you talking about?[/QUOTE

There are a bunch of threads about it "center spring on" i think thats were the heavy feeling off center is coming from

Jack Spade
27-05-2015, 16:34
Here is something to complete the settings of the spreadsheet.

Supporting Consumer Type of "Lofi" Wheels - Global FFB Settings Suggestions (G25/27, TM T300, Fanatec GT3 RS, DFGT etc.)

To develop the following settings I abused the "For" parameter on the CSW v2 to "pseudo simulate" the weakness of a lofi
consumer type of wheel. I know itīs not the real thing however you should try the following settings. Heavy compression
settings on a CSW v2 causes dynamic to suffer and effects smoothing out.

From left to right (A - D) - heavy compression ----> moderate compression - based on FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100

Relative Adjust Gain-----(A) 1.30 - (B) 1.20 - (C) 1.15 - (D) 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed--------0.10 ------ 0.10 ------0.10 ------0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp ------1.15 ------ 1.10 ------1.03 ------0.95

Soft Clip (Half Input)---------0.50 ----- 0.80 ------1.10 ------1.29
Soft Clip (Full Output)--------1.39 ----- 1.29 ------1.20 ------1.10

Wheel too strong now? -> INCREASE Soft Clip (Full Output)...what? yes thatīs right, BTW reduces clipping too.

Note, UI bug!
Value Soft Clipping (Half Input) back to 0.00, the value resets back to 0.10 after saving the change. Controller reset is
the only way to get it back to 0.00.

Johnny_Aus
28-05-2015, 00:45

Sorry if this has been asked, but where is tire force on the PS4?

Also Jack Spade thank you so much for all your hard work.

I hope Slightly Mad Studios realise that without you, they would have MANY more dissatisfied and confused customers.

SO they're very lucky.

SMS don't seem to understand that on consoles, this sort of thing should be something THEY do. You shouldn't have to adjust FFB on every car.

They took the easy route.

What they should have done is invest time in making the default FFB settings in car set up a hell of a lot better.

Jack Spade
28-05-2015, 06:17
Sorry if this has been asked, but where is tire force on the PS4?

Also Jack Spade thank you so much for all your hard work.

I hope Slightly Mad Studios realise that without you, they would have MANY more dissatisfied and confused customers.

SO they're very lucky.

SMS don't seem to understand that on consoles, this sort of thing should be something THEY do. You shouldn't have to adjust FFB on every car.

They took the easy route.

What they should have done is invest time in making the default FFB settings in car set up a hell of a lot better.

Itīs on the wheel preset menu.

SMS argued FFB is a personal thing so itīs up to the user to decide. (the way this FFB system works I disagree partly)

bass2rez
28-05-2015, 11:28
Firstly, many thanks to Jack Spade and everyone else on producing some T300RS settings that improve the game. However, I have run into an issue and I wondered if this is affecting anyone else.

While in the configuration menus, the steering wheel is well behaved, still and centred. However, when I then go to enter a practice session or a race, the steering wheel turns quickly then starts to oscillate wildly. I can grab the wheel and calm it down, but it settles at an odd angle, then when you start to drive the car, it is not pointing forwards and something like a 270 degree turn is required to get it centred.

I have calibrated the wheel a number of times, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else had this happen, and is there any resolution?

Cheers,
Steve

dwalldorf
28-05-2015, 12:23
While in the configuration menus, the steering wheel is well behaved, still and centred. However, when I then go to enter a practice session or a race, the steering wheel turns quickly then starts to oscillate wildly. I can grab the wheel and calm it down, but it settles at an odd angle, then when you start to drive the car, it is not pointing forwards and something like a 270 degree turn is required to get it centred.

Cheers,
Steve

Hey mate, please take a look at this thread and see if your problem might relate: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28171-Bug-T300-going-crazy-after-PS4-Rest-mode

diesel97
28-05-2015, 13:13
Firstly, many thanks to Jack Spade and everyone else on producing some T300RS settings that improve the game. However, I have run into an issue and I wondered if this is affecting anyone else.

Cheers,
Steve

Mine was doing the same thing after weeks of messing around with settings , i had to hit triangle and reset global setting and make your changes . I am not sure if i made a change that i shouldn't have or i made to many but work fine know

Spitfire77
29-05-2015, 05:57
@Jack Spade

I have a question maybe you can answer. For PC tbere is a control panel for wheels tbat has a strength setting, for example lots of Thrustmaster t500 and t300 users set the strenght in their control panel to 60% ..

For us console guys.. where are we starting at in comparison?

PC user has control panel ffb strenght at 60% then in game FFB set to 100

For console are we starting at 100% directly ? Should we be starting with a lower in game global FFB or Tire Strenght?

I ask becsuse i use you settings but after someone pointed out to me ffb fading can occur with T500 and T300 I notice some FFB fading when racing a tight track with a high grip heavy car (BMW 320 Turbo)

Pc users solve this by settin strenght in the control panel to 60% or so

They also have center spring at 0 or disabled which we cant on ps4 , but that is linked in the known isses thread so i hope it is fixed soon.

Jack Spade
29-05-2015, 08:18
@Jack Spade

I have a question maybe you can answer. For PC tbere is a control panel for wheels tbat has a strength setting, for example lots of Thrustmaster t500 and t300 users set the strenght in their control panel to 60% ..

For us console guys.. where are we starting at in comparison?

PC user has control panel ffb strenght at 60% then in game FFB set to 100

For console are we starting at 100% directly ? Should we be starting with a lower in game global FFB or Tire Strenght?

I ask becsuse i use you settings but after someone pointed out to me ffb fading can occur with T500 and T300 I notice some FFB fading when racing a tight track with a high grip heavy car (BMW 320 Turbo)

Pc users solve this by settin strenght in the control panel to 60% or so

They also have center spring at 0 or disabled which we cant on ps4 , but that is linked in the known isses thread so i hope it is fixed soon.

I donīt have a Thrustmaster neither a console so I donīt know about their specific settings in driver and game. The global FFB parameter on the wheel preset menu
should always be set at 100 any wheel , PC and console use Tire Force to adjust the global FFB force.

Spitfire77
29-05-2015, 16:39
I donīt have a Thrustmaster neither a console so I donīt know about their specific settings in driver and game. The global FFB parameter on the wheel preset menu
should always be set at 100 any wheel , PC and console use Tire Force to adjust the global FFB force.

Thank you for the reply - I realize you do not have those, just trying to milk you for all the info I can ;) I did as you suggested and kept FFB at 100 and lowered the Tire force (65) and I also lowered the master and sop scales down to 38 for the BMW 320 Turbo from your sheet. That is the car I was having trouble with the wheel getting over worked and fading. - I find using all your classic settings & latest updates then just lowering the tire force and the master & sop scale for each car gets me into a good spot but keeps the detailed FFB I enjoy.

Thank you for all your help!

Jack Spade
30-05-2015, 09:34
Thank you for the reply - I realize you do not have those, just trying to milk you for all the info I can ;) I did as you suggested and kept FFB at 100 and lowered the Tire force (65) and I also lowered the master and sop scales down to 38 for the BMW 320 Turbo from your sheet. That is the car I was having trouble with the wheel getting over worked and fading. - I find using all your classic settings & latest updates then just lowering the tire force and the master & sop scale for each car gets me into a good spot but keeps the detailed FFB I enjoy.

Thank you for all your help!

If youīre using one of my global FFB compression suggestions, instead of reducing Tire Force and master/sop scale - increase Soft Clip Full Output, this preserves the compression ratio but
gives you a lighter wheel.

Carlos81255
30-05-2015, 10:28
All this is to much for my little head to understand. Are they going to patch the force feedback in the first PS4 patch?

xFUBARxUK
31-05-2015, 14:58
Hi Jack....many thanks for your info on ffb settings. I use a T300rs wheel on the PS4......on the configuration tab under controls what alterations should I make or do I leave them as standard presets? Your advise would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jack Spade
31-05-2015, 16:28
Hi Jack....many thanks for your info on ffb settings. I use a T300rs wheel on the PS4......on the configuration tab under controls what alterations should I make or do I leave them as standard presets? Your advise would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Actually I donīt know what your standard wheel preset settings are, but take a look at the first page of my thread, suggested settings there.

LotusTeam
01-06-2015, 09:31
Jack....somehow Im just okay with the compression of 2.0 half input and 1.5 full output, and I finally can fully follow your guideline with FFB=100 and Tire Force=100, because it seems to have resolved the "Fading issue" on my T300

What I am worrying is that would this soft clip setup(2.0, 1.5) compresses too much on overall details of the FFB feeling? (Or too little?)

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 10:12
Just a quick question if you change all these force feedback settings per car in you garage as advised and save the settings to all tracks. Does this change the car setup on all tracks? Will I have to go back through all the suspension, tire pressures and so on that I've already setup?

LotusTeam
01-06-2015, 10:33
Just a quick question if you change all these force feedback settings per car in you garage as advised and save the settings to all tracks. Does this change the car setup on all tracks? Will I have to go back through all the suspension, tire pressures and so on that I've already setup?

Use the spread sheet as base, save it to all track

Car setup can also be save to all tracks or by tracks

But if you have already modified different car setup in different tracks prior to Jacks sheets, then you will have to write it down first...I'm on ps4 version, don't know how PC guys tackle this

Carlos81255
01-06-2015, 10:48
Use the spread sheet as base, save it to all track

Car setup can also be save to all tracks or by tracks

But if you have already modified different car setup in different tracks prior to Jacks sheets, then you will have to write it down first...I'm on ps4 version, don't know how PC guys tackle this

Thank you I thought it would mess with my setups. Any tips on a track that will give good average setup sort of a baseline for all tracks?

Jack Spade
01-06-2015, 13:01
Jack....somehow Im just okay with the compression of 2.0 half input and 1.5 full output, and I finally can fully follow your guideline with FFB=100 and Tire Force=100, because it seems to have resolved the "Fading issue" on my T300

What I am worrying is that would this soft clip setup(2.0, 1.5) compresses too much on overall details of the FFB feeling? (Or too little?)

What you have chosen is a moderate setting, should be okay.

Spitfire77
01-06-2015, 19:57
If youīre using one of my global FFB compression suggestions, instead of reducing Tire Force and master/sop scale - increase Soft Clip Full Output, this preserves the compression ratio but
gives you a lighter wheel.

This worked very well - ps4 only allows .5 changes for soft clipping but with a mix of it and Tire Force I found a good setting that works great with your classic settings. My T300 - PS4 FFB settings (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wheel-settings-ps4-from-jack-spades.328426/page-5#post-10736071)

Thanks again for all your responses and help.

LotusTeam
02-06-2015, 14:07
Jack SMS is going to release a new patch to all system and is saying it will improve the FFB experience, so I supposed your tweaker file will need to be modified again, right?

Jack Spade
02-06-2015, 14:53
Jack SMS is going to release a new patch to all system and is saying it will improve the FFB experience, so I supposed your tweaker file will need to be modified again, right?

Donīt panic, to my estimation it affects just the global wheel preset settings... letīs wait and see.

PyroDog
05-06-2015, 23:53
Hi, been playing around with these FFB settings and using the Jack Spade Classic settings. The Global settings are a definite improvement but out of interest, have many of you found the individual settings per car genuinely worth doing? Tried it on the Ford Focus RS and the Audi R10 but a bit undecided as to whether it's better or not. I know its personal preference but what do people think?

I'm using a T300RS on the PS4.

lmntr
06-06-2015, 00:18
I want to thank Moscot and those of you who have facilitated the sharing of the FFB settings. I have read many going through the torture of starting from scratch on the set up for the controller and I imagine the settings will be very helpful for the wheel as starting point. I know I had a hard time until I got basic settings for the controller. So, thank you so much. I have ordered a T100 and will be getting it around the end of June.

Jack Spade
06-06-2015, 06:56
Hi, been playing around with these FFB settings and using the Jack Spade Classic settings. The Global settings are a definite improvement but out of interest, have many of you found the individual settings per car genuinely worth doing? Tried it on the Ford Focus RS and the Audi R10 but a bit undecided as to whether it's better or not. I know its personal preference but what do people think?

I'm using a T300RS on the PS4.

Read this thread see what others think about the settings.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Sessionerror
06-06-2015, 19:50
We also have a thread about the Jack Spades FFB values for console players in our german Project CARS forum and I translated the value names into german, as they are not quite comprehensible sometimes. However, one of our members has I problem I never thought about.

I saved the values quite at the beginning in the garage for all tracks. This member has created car specific setups for a lot of tracks. Now he wants to use the ffb settings. But he probably can't change the FFB values for all the tracks in the garage? Does anyone of you have a solution for changing the ffb values for all tracks without losing the saved setups for the several car/track combinations?

daddyboosive
09-06-2015, 19:04
We also have a thread about the Jack Spades FFB values for console players in our german Project CARS forum and I translated the value names into german, as they are not quite comprehensible sometimes. However, one of our members has I problem I never thought about.

I saved the values quite at the beginning in the garage for all tracks. This member has created car specific setups for a lot of tracks. Now he wants to use the ffb settings. But he probably can't change the FFB values for all the tracks in the garage? Does anyone of you have a solution for changing the ffb values for all tracks without losing the saved setups for the several car/track combinations?

Yes. When you've ticked all. Open up the list and then untick the tracks you don't want to over write. Then press save.

daddyboosive
09-06-2015, 19:05

Yes. When you've ticked all. Open up the list and then untick the tracks you don't want to over write. Then press save.

Sessionerror
09-06-2015, 19:30

Thanks for that ;) Maybe we even get a seperate saving option for the tuning setup and the ffb setup someday, that would be great an solve the problem even more comfortable :)

LotusTeam
10-06-2015, 11:30
Dear Woolball I can see Jack has just released the v1.6 tweaker file but can't use it on consoles, do i have to wait for your excel sheet or I can open the zip file to see it? Thanks in advance!!!