PDA

View Full Version : British Touring Cars - P.cars Almost a true sequel to Toca 1/2

misterbulgarin
12-05-2015, 10:59
I like to imagine there is a pocket of sleeper fans who grew up and played the Toca Touring Car games on the Playstation 1 (I discount WTC and the later race driver games as they expanded their disciplines)

I purchased P.cars purely on the fact that not only did this game feature the BTCC staples of Snetterton, Oulton, Donny and Brands, but also due to the fact we have a couple of racing cars which feature on the BTCC's race weekends (Clios, Ginettas). A huge bonus which I found out after sale was the inclusion of the classic touring cars also, a first commercial game to include a Ford Sierra I believe!?

I have been PINING for a real touring car game since the Playstation 1 days, sure racers have come along but most have only given us a dribble. A UK track here, maybe one bonus touring car, but Project Cars is the first in a long time to include such a buffet of touring car goodness.

First I want to say thanks for this, as I personally think the UK tracks are marvellous and I have been dieing to try them out in a real sim game (I know Rfactor and other 'base' game sims do have mods, but I'm sticking to out-the-box-games).

Second, I was hoping to get a gauge of popularity for the BTCC and UK tracks, I see mentions of a few favourites in the track suggestion thread but no real thread on British touring cars (or let's face it, ToCa gushing!)

I'm fairly certain the devs are not money grabbers, but I would absolutely drop cash on the rest of the BTCC calendar tracks (Knockhill, Thruxton, Croft, Rockingham[a newish one]) and a few legacy cars too such as the Renault Laguna, Peugeout 406, Mondeo, Honda Accord, Nissa Primera [I believe this is in AC? or a mod at least?].

We almost have that full selection of tracks, P.cars you're the first game to offer us this selection you're so close; I hope in the future the selection will be complete so us Toca 1/2 fans can have their BTCC fix which we've been waiting for, for so long.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading, I hope there are a few of you here who want this as much as me. We finally have a non-gimmicky race game, which by chance is the BEST LOOKING one, and probably will be for years. If we can go the whole hog, oh my.

Let me finish with some nostalgia!

Toca Touring Cars intro video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-jUyJNELs

Gimpymoo
12-05-2015, 11:09
I agree with the above.

Closest we have came to a BTCC game since TOCA with first party content.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 11:16
The retro touring stuff Is the main reason I got the game, shame it isn't part of your touring career in the game. Still, racing the GR.A class cars round Oulton, Snetterton, and Brands Hatch is awesome in Solo events.

As for BTCC, it has been mentioned in the feature suggestions--in the general forum-- by a few folk.

Ripgroove
12-05-2015, 11:16
Yay Toca 2 FTW and 90's BTC Touring Cars for PCars FTW!

Absolute classic right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCij9mYIokA

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 11:20
Yep this is certainly got that TOCA nostalgia feeling :-) now bring my home track! (Knockhill)

Knockhill May '13 https://www.flickr.com/photos/pabsshots/sets/72157633734442592

poet
12-05-2015, 11:26
Gotta agree, the Brit content is great (in fact aren't they the only laser-scanned tracks?), the Clio's round Donington were superb.
Looking forward to racing the Ginettas too.

Strikes me as odd thought that there isn't one single current BTCC car.
Hoping this means that they are being saved for a DLC later (with Croft, Rockingham and Knockhill!).

misterbulgarin
12-05-2015, 12:08
Strikes me as odd thought that there isn't one single current BTCC car.
Hoping this means that they are being saved for a DLC later (with Croft, Rockingham and Knockhill!).

In all honesty it makes me wonder why the BTCC do not seem to want to get involved at all with video games over the years. I know the series has been 'not as popular' since the super-touring era but I'd say 2012 onwards has been brilliant. I'm glad Codies hasn't made a touring car game since, as it would just be like autosport. A quick cashgrab which would be forgottten about years later.

I would imagine sponsorships and etc would be a bit of red tape for the P.cars team, so I would definitely settle for parody liveries on the cars. I'm sure faux liveries would not be a problem as modders can get texturing. Real models are the hard part, leave the real textures to the modders :)

poet
12-05-2015, 12:22
In all honesty it makes me wonder why the BTCC do not seem to want to get involved at all with video games over the years. I know the series has been 'not as popular' since the super-touring era but I'd say 2012 onwards has been brilliant. I'm glad Codies hasn't made a touring car game since, as it would just be like autosport. A quick cashgrab which would be forgottten about years later.

I think gaming and licensing has become a far more complex affair than was the case when the original TOCA came out (brilliant game!).
But yes, BTCC is definitely experiencing something of a revival lately, justly so, it's a great series (always was, but the top drivers are turning out some really great races the last few years).

But I have to disagree about Codemasters. Following their recent downsize and utterly shocking Dirt Rally move (which is actually a pretty good and realistic rally game :eek: ) I'd be happy to let them have a punt at TOCA again right now.

Jake44
12-05-2015, 12:25
I'm with you on this, would love to see some modern touring cars and the rest of the btcc calendar!

LukeSi
12-05-2015, 12:28
+1 here, used to play Toca 2 when I was about 6 haha, brilliant game. Love the fact Project Cars have got a large number of UK tracks. Don't think I've ever seen Oulton in anothe modern release. Full BTCC calendar would be awesome!

Cully
12-05-2015, 13:06
Seat Leon mod for AC is better imo but yeah pcars touring cars are fun.

Beardybrave
12-05-2015, 15:23
My god, what I would give for knockhill.

Then obviously, the other btcc tracks. But yeah, knockhill rocks.

/lives less than ten miles away. =)

Kevin Brown
12-05-2015, 15:25
Thats a blast from the past, toca 1/2 were what got me into racing games.

Revvin
12-05-2015, 15:31
In all honesty it makes me wonder why the BTCC do not seem to want to get involved at all with video games over the years. I know the series has been 'not as popular' since the super-touring era but I'd say 2012 onwards has been brilliant.

I think they do want to get involved but from what I remember of discussions years ago about licensing the BTCC organisers always wanted too much money and that was when their series went into a bit of a dip in popularity so who knows what kind of fee's they think they should command now the BTCC is rising in popularity again. Sector3 has DTM and WTCC so it would be great to see someone like SMS get a license though I fear to justify the cost of the license they would have to make it a stand-alone game rather than an add-on for PCars.

cossie29
12-05-2015, 15:35
Could no agree more with OP i am a massive BTCC fan always have been and gree up with toca games, infact toca touring cars was first game i actually played! was great then toca 2 was good but got terrible thereafter.

I bought Grid Autosport because you could buy DLC and get classic btcc cars but now running correct livery. i did enjoy winning the chanpionship with my volvo estate! ;)

Shinzah
12-05-2015, 15:36
I too would love to see Knockhill.

Aub
12-05-2015, 15:58
I too would love to see Knockhill.

It's not that exciting.. I see it everyday :rolleyes:

misterbulgarin
13-05-2015, 07:32
It's not that exciting.. I see it everyday :rolleyes:

I bet it would be a blast to play online, god that final turn !

poet
13-05-2015, 07:52
Knockhill is great for the smaller cars, the Clios and maybe the Juniors, but it's too small and tight for the power that the Tourers have these days, rarely delivers any really exciting races, with pretty much only the last hairpin into the straight as a passing opportunity.
But as a track to drive, it's an insane and great fun piece of road.

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 07:54
Wow! Epic racing!

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 07:55
I mean the vid from 1992 (thre last laps)

wilf
13-05-2015, 07:58
Codie's TOCA2 is probably my favourite game of all time - playing it got me hooked on the BTCC series. Shame their follow up games were pretty dire but finally PCars gives me a modern equivalent. If all PCars contained were the full set of BTCC circuits and bunch of touring cars (modern and historical) + the Clios and a custom championship option so we could create our own custom seasons, I'd be delighted and happily forgoe any of the other content in the game.

P308R
13-05-2015, 08:08
One of my all time favorites: TOCA2. The only game I played more than Gran Turismo and I would love to see those cars and tracks make a return. If those cars and tracks come to pCars, consider yourself having another buyer.

TOCA2 had something like 10 or 12 tracks and a handful of cars. Pitstops, weather, 14 cars on track, cockpit, great sound (for that time), replays, setups. Everything was in there. Hours and hours of play with rather limited content. It was awesome. Remember Tiff Needell voice in there :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpL_72hx3Js

Best racing in the world!

Hengist
13-05-2015, 11:10
I would gladly pay for a full roster of BTCC tracks and cars. If this happened then I would rarely use any of the other cars in the game.

Frangster
13-05-2015, 11:18
Another Toca/Toca 2 fan reporting! One of the reasons I wanted to have Project Cars was because of the old BTCC tracks! I really hope we will see Thruxton in the near future! My favourite BTCC track!

Hengist
13-05-2015, 11:34
Thruxton, the fastest track in the BTCC, would be awesome to try.

Rodgerzzz
13-05-2015, 12:54
These tracks in the classic DTM cars are phenomenal. I was expecting the GT cars to be the mainstay of this game but myslef and the guys I play with online have embraced everything to do with the Touring Category. Oulton Park is just amazing... I remember going to watch the Super Touring Cars forwards the end of that era and it was always stuck in my mind. Regardless of Whether they add more tracks or Touring cars to the game, the classic DTM cars around the current set of UK tracks are exhilarating!

wicker man
13-05-2015, 14:09
the car i'd love so much if they added is the vauxhall cavailer gsi

Sparky28
13-05-2015, 18:23
Isn't there already the 2012 btcc focus and 2012 bmw 320i confirmed to be coming?

Patrik Marek
13-05-2015, 18:32
pCARS will be perfect for proper BTCC racing, it has all (or most) of the necessary bits,
would love the 98-99 series, but also the new ones

let's wait and see what happens

Toxic
13-05-2015, 18:37
Played original TOCA on what must have been my 486 back then.

Have been in some very good multiplayer lobbies racing clios - cycling through the UK tracks. very good and clean!

Chrisco Racing
13-05-2015, 20:13
OP, Absolutely! Would love a full pack of '97 - '98 seasons BTCC. Fond memories of hours of TOCA on PS1!

misterbulgarin
13-05-2015, 20:52
Nostalgia incoming

http://i.imgur.com/nZOzcYJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Rg7mOrN.jpg

[iimg]http://i.imgur.com/TehfZsi.jpg[/img]

http://i.imgur.com/cJpmdng.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pMkWhc7.jpg

And lastly, the Supertouring mod for Race 07, a very impressive effort.

http://i.imgur.com/vPILFmO.jpg

Patrik Marek
13-05-2015, 23:12
I never tried the mod for race07 , is it good?

wilf
13-05-2015, 23:23
Nostalgia incoming

http://i.imgur.com/pMkWhc7.jpg

Ah, the hilly chicane at Knockhill - I fondly remember the terror of driving through it in a thunderstorm, and flat out in the fog at Thruxton. Halcyon days...

stu_pops_89
14-05-2015, 00:10
I think gaming and licensing has become a far more complex affair than was the case when the original TOCA came out (brilliant game!).
But yes, BTCC is definitely experiencing something of a revival lately, justly so, it's a great series (always was, but the top drivers are turning out some really great races the last few years).

But I have to disagree about Codemasters. Following their recent downsize and utterly shocking Dirt Rally move (which is actually a pretty good and realistic rally game :eek: ) I'd be happy to let them have a punt at TOCA again right now.

I believe that the BTCC would like to be included in computer games again, but can't due to an existing agreement. My understanding is that when the BTCC was under different management in the early 2000s, they signed a long term licensing deal with a developer which means noone else can use their cars or race series. The following is a quote from an article in Autosport last year:

"When Gow returned to the BTCC in 2003 he had a new deal in place to get the series back into the gaming market. But it never happened, as the Octagon Motorsport group that had taken over the championship in 2000 had entered into a deal of its own that inadvertently killed the chances of any more BTCC games being made.

AUTOSPORT has learned that Octagon entered into a long-term exclusive deal with a games publisher, but - according to a TOCA source - the deal "completely ignored the fundamental contractual requirement that the publisher should actually produce a game".

In essence, it appears that Octagon was duped by a rival of the Codemasters/TOCA series that wanted to protect its own games by removing an opponent as popular as the BTCC. The source adds that "Gow couldn't believe his eyes" when he saw the contract on his return to the helm."

crsnwby
14-05-2015, 00:29
At least the game works and doesn't do 4fps in the corner....

MaXKiLLz
14-05-2015, 02:55
Now I'm gonna have to pull out my old Duke Video VHS tapes of 1994, 1995 BTCC season reviews. Those were some of the best, most exciting races I've ever seen! Murray Walker got me so pumped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfJSUjB3UM

http://i.imgur.com/5TszlFr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MSCz3TV.jpg

wilf
14-05-2015, 05:21
I believe that the BTCC would like to be included in computer games again, but can't due to an existing agreement. My understanding is that when the BTCC was under different management in the early 2000s, they signed a long term licensing deal with a developer which means noone else can use their cars or race series. The following is a quote from an article in Autosport last year:

"When Gow returned to the BTCC in 2003 he had a new deal in place to get the series back into the gaming market. But it never happened, as the Octagon Motorsport group that had taken over the championship in 2000 had entered into a deal of its own that inadvertently killed the chances of any more BTCC games being made.

AUTOSPORT has learned that Octagon entered into a long-term exclusive deal with a games publisher, but - according to a TOCA source - the deal "completely ignored the fundamental contractual requirement that the publisher should actually produce a game".

In essence, it appears that Octagon was duped by a rival of the Codemasters/TOCA series that wanted to protect its own games by removing an opponent as popular as the BTCC. The source adds that "Gow couldn't believe his eyes" when he saw the contract on his return to the helm."

That sounds horrible but would that not really just prevent the TOCA/BTCC brand name from being used? I would have thought all the circuits could be included (half already are), and I wouldn't care if they were officially licensed - just use pseudonyms like they've done with Suzuka. And I'm not too bothered which touring cars are included. If there were specific TOCA licensing issues around the cars, a bunch of touring cars from other touring cars series, or perhaps older TOCA series cars, would do just fine. Then give us a tool to create custom championships so we can pick the circuits and cars to be used and bob's your uncle. Of course, TOCA would miss out on any licensing fees and perhaps the BTCC woulnd't get the branded exposure it deserves in a modern computer game, which would doubtless attract new fans to the sport, but that's their own fault for signing such a stupid deal.

P308R
14-05-2015, 08:46
I think it would be quiet easy to work around this problem.

* License the tracks
* License the original car models with the manufactures
* Build a fictional touringcar of them according to BTCC specs.
* Give the championship a fictional name ingame.

If original car models can't be licensed , license the current models a make fictional touringcar racers out of them.
One could create a very balanced and competitive championship in game which could last for years. For DLC one could expand the carroster by adding a subchampionship or pre-program.

Example:

Touringcar championship - 265 BHP
Audi A3 | BMW 1 Serie | Chevrolet Cruze | Citroen DS4 | Fiat Bravo | Ford Focus | Honda Civic | Mazda 3 | Mercedes A-Class | Opel Astra | Peugeot 308 | Renault Megane | Toyota Auris | Volvo V40 |

Touringcar championship - 300 BHP
Audi A4 | BMW 3 Serie | Chevrolet Malibu | Citroen DS5 | Fiat Linea | Ford Mondeo | Honda Accord | Mazda 6 | Mercedes CLA | Opel Insignia | Peugeot 408 GT | Renault Laguna | Toyota Avensis | Volvo S60 |

Just an idea but it could work :D

Can anyone of WMD/SMS respond to explain maybe the possibillities of something like that?

misterbulgarin
14-05-2015, 15:40
I also would like to hear from the devs - would be interesting how these sorts of things are approached.

Connor Caple
14-05-2015, 16:41
BTCC + WTCC cars + Minis, please :cool:

Chrisco Racing
20-05-2015, 19:54
BTCC :yes:

Chris Sercombe
21-05-2015, 13:01
This game needs minis for sure.

Goldenballs2003
25-05-2015, 09:23
TOCA 1 & 2 were superb games, the first games I ever played that felt like it had good car physics. The touring cars were the main reason I bought PCars, I've been in the clio cup for 4 seasons now!

I would love to see more tracks and cars, even some more "classics" Renault Megane all the way!!

Lazytown
25-05-2015, 09:30
The retro touring stuff Is the main reason I got the game, shame it isn't part of your touring career in the game.

This is exactly why I want to be able to customise the career mode. If it was possible to set up your own championships for each tier then you could have your own retro touring career. In fact everybody could have any sort of career they wanted which would be the point... create your own BTCC as well.

d4ninho
25-05-2015, 10:56
give us the cars from the btcc, so many leagues run series on these cars and i know it would be snapped up as dlc by pretty much everyone

Chris Sercombe
25-05-2015, 11:09
We need BTC and WTCC cars in this game.

CoffinDodger
26-05-2015, 18:35
for some unknown reason, racing game developers are scared to death of having any sort of online championship where points are awarded,btcc will never happen in pcars.

Sprog84
27-05-2015, 10:31
I remember when WMD announced that Renault had joined Project Cars and the car list included the '99 Renault Laguna. This got me very giddy. But it's obviously not made the final cut. It's a real shame as having some other classics would have been incredible, even if a full BTCC wasn't supported.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/renault-joins-project-cars/#more-6358

I'd certainly love to see Knockhill, Croft and Thruxton added to the track list though. Not too fussed for Rockingham.

Ally_bassman
27-05-2015, 11:27
I would love to see tin-top touring cars in P cars.

I think they would be mad to ignore the multiple requests I've seen on this forum already!

BMW 125i, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Audi A4, etc etc

Classic tourers as well...I was disappointed the Renault Laguna '99 touring car didn't make the final cut.

bass2rez
29-05-2015, 12:17
Another vote for Knockhill and Thruxton to be included in the game, I'd gladly pay a fiver each for DLC of these tracks. Can't they be licensed from Codemasters for a fee, rather than having to go through the process of scanning the tracks?

Straightedge81
29-05-2015, 14:04
It may have already been said but a dlc touring car pack, I would happily pay up to £20 if they featured the extra tracks, current and old classic cars, I imagine it would be ore like an expansion pack...

Do it Slightly Mad Studios!

Chris Sercombe
29-05-2015, 14:17
Ive said it before, but a £50 game should come with all this as standard or in free dlc, but i know all game companys are milking the dlc stuff, so guess you cant blame them.

mcgeeza
29-05-2015, 14:29
One of my all time favorites: TOCA2. The only game I played more than Gran Turismo and I would love to see those cars and tracks make a return. If those cars and tracks come to pCars, consider yourself having another buyer.

TOCA2 had something like 10 or 12 tracks and a handful of cars. Pitstops, weather, 14 cars on track, cockpit, great sound (for that time), replays, setups. Everything was in there. Hours and hours of play with rather limited content. It was awesome. Remember Tiff Needell voice in there :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpL_72hx3Js

Best racing in the world!

There's a reason why the Tifosi called him "The Lion". Awesome stuff.

MULTIVITZ
05-06-2015, 01:03
Well thats seventy quid they'll make lol.
Yeah it would certainly get the numbers up.
They make the modern tourers look like they're going backward lol.
I've played 'em all(toca). I want some hump backs, wheres all the yumps? Old style Rally cross mainly tarmac with a spot of mud, 6 car race, major bits flying off and full scenery you can end up in. Wicked.
That primera looked nice, all them cars weren't regulation. I like naughty cars, something about em. Can't wait.

tyl3r99
06-06-2015, 21:59
devs come on ;) please work your hardest to add proper british racing

wedge_a
06-06-2015, 23:33
Yay Toca 2 FTW and 90's BTC Touring Cars for PCars FTW!

Absolute classic right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCij9mYIokA

Ah so GOOD!

AdM1
06-06-2015, 23:43
I'd love to see older clio cups too. Specifically the 182's :cool:.

AB_Attack
07-06-2015, 08:10
All touring car stuff is more than welcome :)

DJRichard
21-06-2015, 23:34
BTCC is utterly amazing. The baattles with John Cleland, Rickard Rydell and co were amazing. Its what made me buy TOCA on the PS1. Bring back the Cavalier, the Volvo, the Primera, the 405, the Accord....please dear Lord make it the Volvo Estate, the 850!

SchnauzahPowah
22-06-2015, 01:04
Yessss. Ford Contour SVT please

lifeofbrian
08-08-2015, 11:42
And Thruxton, this will add so much to this game. The road cars do little for me. With all the British tracks, a BTCC DLC would be amazing.:cool:

Flaw3dGenius
08-08-2015, 12:24
So many people wanting BTCC and WTCC i think SMS need to listen and maybe change DLC if they were not in any plans.

Pink_650S
08-08-2015, 12:29
I personally cba if BTCC, WTCC or whatever, but we definitely need more Touring and Cup Cars :)

Norrf
08-08-2015, 12:43
I quite like the idea of testing the flying bricks (Volvo 850) safety features by parking it into a tyre barrier at top speed. BTCC touring DLC would be fun. But what A4 quattro would be used? with or without weight penalties? Or would you go with something more recent?

RoccoTTS
08-08-2015, 12:53
I agree, BTCC or any other touring cars would be great !!

steviraikkonen
08-08-2015, 13:18
Knockhill, croft, thruxton, Rockingham, 90's super tourers and modern day cars all in one massive dlc pack, who'd buy that? EVERYONE!

TrevorAustin
08-08-2015, 13:42
No interest in any of these, more variations of formula a cars and lmp/prototypes please.

Fanapryde
08-08-2015, 13:53
Knockhill, croft, thruxton, Rockingham, 90's super tourers and modern day cars all in one massive dlc pack, who'd buy that? EVERYONE!
Well, clearly not everyone, but I would ! ;)

No interest in open wheelers here, I 'm prepared to trade all mine against some Touring Cars or LMP's...:smiley_simmons:

steviraikkonen
08-08-2015, 13:57
Well, clearly not everyone, but I would ! ;)

No interest in open wheelers here, I 'm prepared to trade all mine against some Touring Cars or LMP's...:smiley_simmons:

Nearly everyone haha. But I'd take some more open wheelers too, and some historical cars and tracks :)

Plage
08-08-2015, 13:57
I personally cba if BTCC, WTCC or whatever, but we definitely need more Touring and Cup Cars :)

This!

TheReaper GT
08-08-2015, 14:46
If the BTCC cars give me half the fun I had with TOCA 1 and 2 I'm a happy camper :D:D

Stevesixty7
08-08-2015, 14:51
Yeah, spent many a happy hour on those.

bodyshop
08-08-2015, 14:57
Put it this way codemasters put retro touring car DLC on Grid autosport for something like £13!!!

And i purchased it.......even though i didnt like the game and was still playing Shift 2 on Xbox 360...... yes...i doubt i was the only one, SMS would clean up at any sniff of BTCC esq super tourers......

Linus27
08-08-2015, 15:13
Yes please to BTCC and the various track. My money is waiting SMS.

Hengist
08-08-2015, 15:39
I would love to see current BTCC cars and tracks, or fictitious replicas in a dlc.

Robhd
08-08-2015, 16:04
A historic touring car pack would be a cracking addition too!

mantukas334
08-08-2015, 16:10
no road cars please

NemethR
08-08-2015, 16:13
Have to agree, please give us BTCC

TheReaper GT
08-08-2015, 16:48
Anyone who knows btcc stuff could answer that to me:

What are the current season tracks?

Angleyse is part of the season? If not, was it at some point in history?

Stevesixty7
08-08-2015, 16:54
Anyone who knows btcc stuff could answer that to me:

What are the current season tracks?

Angleyse is part of the season? If not, was it at some point in history?

Donington, Brands Hatch Indy, Donington, Thruxton, Oulton Park, Croft, Snetterton, Knockhill, Rockingham, Silverstone, Brands Hatch GP.

Don't know about Anglesey, if that's what you meant :)

Mattze
08-08-2015, 17:12
There is a Touring class in game ... with the Clio Cup and a few historic touring series. SMS, this is a shame. Touring cars are one of the best racing cars ever (DTM, V8 Supercars, BTCC ... just to name a few). I would love to pay for a dlc with modern touring cars.

robdok
08-08-2015, 20:00
Oh Yes !!!

Plage
08-08-2015, 23:48
Things like these...

http://i.imgur.com/nIWwT6a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MyCiDKz.jpg

Stevesixty7
09-08-2015, 00:37
The Volvo Estate was a revelation, I loved that car.

Namron
09-08-2015, 00:50
Would certainly be Sweet if SMS could get the BTCC in the mix for sure, The touring cars racing can be some of the best close racing you can watch on the TV these days & there are some real nice motors to drive as well if we do get something along the lines of the BTCC series... :encouragement:...

Nam....

Rhime
09-08-2015, 01:02
So many people wanting BTCC and WTCC i think SMS need to listen and maybe change DLC if they were not in any plans.
Sorry, could we get a RSVP clarification on WTF that is ASAP? Seriously, I live in Canada FFS!:)

Stevesixty7
09-08-2015, 01:06
Sorry, could we get a RSVP clarification on WTF that is ASAP? Seriously, I live in Canada FFS!:)

Lol

lifeofbrian
09-08-2015, 01:28
So that's set then SMS, well have every car from this:

Then these:D

Now

John Hargreaves
09-08-2015, 02:35

BTCC = British Touring Car Championship
WTCC = World Touring Car Championship

Check it out, worth a look especially the late 80s - early 90s

Rhime
09-08-2015, 05:02
BTCC = British Touring Car Championship
WTCC = World Touring Car Championship

Check it out, worth a look especially the late 80s - early 90s

Thank you sir! I think the first TOCA by Codemasters on the PlayStation was the BTCC? Awesome game back in the day!

Plato99
09-08-2015, 10:00
Put it this way codemasters put retro touring car DLC on Grid autosport for something like £13!!!

And i purchased it.......even though i didnt like the game and was still playing Shift 2 on Xbox 360...... yes...i doubt i was the only one, SMS would clean up at any sniff of BTCC esq super tourers......

I bought it too. And then baulked when I realised we couldn't use them in Career or Online. And the game still crashed at every opportunity. Please SMS, don't take any pointers from Codemasters.......

Hornetvenom
09-08-2015, 10:51
I think it goes without saying I would love BTCC additions. And with that I'm off to watch the BTCC. Go go gooo team bmr.

weerufus
09-08-2015, 12:20
BTCC would indeed be fantastic.....but only if we can get a John Cleland "middle finger" button

Konan
09-08-2015, 12:47
That would indeed be great...loved playing TOCA and TOCA 2!

Ixoye56
09-08-2015, 14:46
BTCC would indeed be in my taste!

Dman
09-08-2015, 15:36
This would be awesome WTCC, current gen BTCC and circa 1997 with some added UK tracks.

poet
09-08-2015, 15:45
BTCC is almost certain to never happen, in any game or platform. :(

You can have the cars and the tracks but not the series.

I believe when Gow sold the series to the Yanks, they signed the rights over to a "competitor" to the TOCA games without any clause that said they actually had to make a game.
Gow nearly choked apparently when he bought the series back and saw what they'd done.

:(

KK78
09-08-2015, 16:15
BTCC would be superb as would official DTM imo.

xautos
09-08-2015, 16:36
Turks has won again today, good. as long as plato is no where near the front, i dont like him much, never have. hes been involved in a number of questionable incidents in his time over the years, some of which should of netted him a penalty, but he explains errors in judgement away in a long winded way to get around it. Finally Goff wins a race.

BTCC is easily the most exciting series, it should have games on it. dunno why there hasnt been one for years.

TheReaper GT
09-08-2015, 16:38
Turks has won again today, good. as long as plato is no where near the front, i dont like him much, never have. hes been involved in a number of questionable incidents in his time over the years, some of which should of netted him a penalty, but he explains errors in judgement away in a long winded way to get around it. Finally Goff wins a race.

BTCC is easily the most exciting series, it should have games on it. dunno why there hasnt been one for years.

Looks like the reason is te one two posts above yours, a real shame... Toca 2 was awesome.

Plato99
09-08-2015, 20:03

Who, me?! :)

Plage
09-08-2015, 20:40

I believe when Gow sold the series to the Yanks, they signed the rights over to a "competitor" to the TOCA games without any clause that said they actually had to make a game.
Gow nearly choked apparently when he bought the series back and saw what they'd done.

Then the STCC with it's airfield tracks or something the like.

TheReaper GT
09-08-2015, 20:50

And Emma kimilainen :D:D

Fanapryde
09-08-2015, 22:24

poet
10-08-2015, 10:17

Definitely.
Any series would be nice, but nothing to stop them giving us the individual cars and tracks that make up the BTCC.
We promise to never call it the BTCC. Honest! :)

Ally_bassman
10-08-2015, 10:42
I would pay much, much monies for some current touring cars.

I really hope SMS plan to put some in... especially the BMW 320si!

xautos
10-08-2015, 11:35
Looks like the reason is te one two posts above yours, a real shame... Toca 2 was awesome.

unfortunate. shame, there is so much potential for btcc, its massively competitive, even returning champions find it significantly tougher then they would of expected, its easily the uk's front running motorsport and it sorts the wheat from the chaff as far as really great racers are concerned.
most recent example is James Nash, won the indepenndents title a few years ago, now look where hes at, hes raced in the WTCC, won 2 races and finished 3rd in that championship in 2013 as well as taking the independents there as well, now in Blancpain championship, something of a wasted chance for James. hes easily one of the best examples of a complete champion in the making, he just needs a better team to get him to success. if we had the likes of Adam Morgan making the switch to the WTCC, he would no doubt win races there as well, if his races in snetterton were anything to go by, hes easily champion material.

anyways, blabbering aside. You have never raced competitively until you race in the BTCC!! if only it were made into the game, the thing with the BTCC though, the penalty system would need to be relaxed a bit to account for the usual antics that follow in the BTCC. one of the commentators mentioned that snetterton doesnt have sensors on the track to identify a driver whose taking slightly too much curb, meaning a driver can get away with it, but ovbiously not excessively if its picked up enough times.

The Sonic Mole
10-08-2015, 14:06
its easily the uk's front running motorsport

I think the British Superbike Championship gives it a run for its money in that respect. It's widely regarded as the best domestic motorcycling championship in the world. BTCC is of course superb though.

But anyway...

BTCC or DTM stuff would be massively appreciated.

amazed
10-08-2015, 16:24

xautos
10-08-2015, 20:04
I think the British Superbike Championship gives it a run for its money in that respect. It's widely regarded as the best domestic motorcycling championship in the world. BTCC is of course superb though.

But anyway...

BTCC or DTM stuff would be massively appreciated.

i discount BSB because its limited to pay channels missing out on a bigger cut of the viewers in the country. thats what you get paywalling progress of a championship like that. the only way i can see it is on youtube or channel 4 as a highlights show and i dont like highlights shows in motorsport.

lifeofbrian
15-08-2015, 17:43
I think we're getting a BMW touring car in the next DLC? :cool:

TheReaper GT
15-08-2015, 17:44

Gonna drive the tires off of that thing :D:D:D

poet
15-08-2015, 18:15

http://www.crazyzoo.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/F.jpg

cmch15
15-08-2015, 20:40
I believe when the Renault license was announced there was talk of a 1999 BTCC Renault Laguna. :) Would be great to have more from the Supertouring era from the Ford license, BMW and Audi would fit in too. Not overly fussed by the S2000 and NGTC cars but I won't complain.

lifeofbrian
16-08-2015, 19:50
SMS need to start selling us themed DLC, rather than a mish mash of cars that have no competition.

Flaw3dGenius
16-08-2015, 21:25
SMS need to start selling us themed DLC, rather than a mish mash of cars that have no competition.

Totally agree, I said i'd buy every DLC to support SMS but if it's going to be as bad as this forthcoming DLC am not sure i could as i expected better tbh. The saving grace i suppose is how cheap DLC is.

Jakob
17-08-2015, 13:13
I would love to have a BTCC DLC pack, I would buy it for sure.

cunningham85
18-08-2015, 04:48
I would love some BTCC stuff in the game. Off to Knockhill this weekend to watch it aswell. Ive been going the last 7 years, love it.

Giom
18-08-2015, 05:36
BTCC and DTM would just make my year!

tyl3r99
18-08-2015, 07:46
yep touring cars and cup cars for the fricking win!

weve all said this from the start but no word on it sadly
instead we get an audi pack :/ which is good for the record but not what the community were crying out for.

Hengist
18-08-2015, 09:50
Apart from the Clio's and G40's, I'd gladly swap all the other existing cars and tracks for current BTCC cars and tracks.I guess that I really want the game to be just Project BTCC Cars. :)

Cholton82
18-08-2015, 10:56
We have the base game which IMO is awesome , if we could buy say the btcc add on or the wtcc which incorporated the rules / regs and tracks for a realistic championship it would be amazeballs ! I'd happily pay pretty much the price of the game again for such content . Even the V8 superstars series which I believe folded would be a good add on !

Namron
18-08-2015, 11:28
yup..... Same here would be more than willing to pay for BTCC content add-on... JEEEZZZ!!!..... Would be awesome to be able to drive some of those BTCC cars e.t.c & do a turn on the tracks that are in the BTCC season....... We may get it or something along the lines of in the not too distant future hopefully.... Fingers crossed & all that :).....

Comes down to we're just going to have to be PATIENT & see what the SMS Bods can come up with :encouragement:....

Nam....

J4M35_R
18-08-2015, 14:48
Just adding my support for this.

I love the way SMS have done the British tracks, Oulton Park being one of my favourite tracks in the whole game.

Even if we can't have the cars, please can we have the tracks.

TheReaper GT
18-08-2015, 15:39
Just adding my support for this.

I love the way SMS have done the British tracks, Oulton Park being one of my favourite tracks in the whole game.

Even if we can't have the cars, please can we have the tracks.

Agree, Oulton is awesome. Right now I'm in love with Cadwell. The damn track is much like a woman, tries to kill you, makes you sweat, but you can't get enough of it...

J4M35_R
18-08-2015, 16:15
Agree, Oulton is awesome. Right now I'm in love with Cadwell. The damn track is much like a woman, tries to kill you, makes you sweat, but you can't get enough of it...

I intend to spend more time on Cadwell, I do enjoy it although I'm struggling to find the best car for this track especially the tight section at the end. What cars are doing this track most justice for you SOi TheReaper?

TheReaper GT
18-08-2015, 16:17
I intend to spend more time on Cadwell, I do enjoy it although I'm struggling to find the best car for this track especially the tight section at the end. What cars are doing this track most justice for you SOi TheReaper?

I have fun with the Bentley gt3 but I reckon it's not the best car for the track . The BMW z4 and ginetta gt3 are very good in the tight section at the end.

jbjs40
18-09-2015, 16:38
I used to be glued to the TV when BTCC was going strong in 1998. I even went and bought a Volvo S40. Still running strong! And I live in the USA. Go figure. But that series back then kicked NASCARS butt any day of the week. Door to door racing and many competitive adversaries taking each other out sometimes added to the drama. I'll never forget those races. Especially those Volvo's despite not being known for racers beating out BMW and AUDI's. And the whole controversy about all wheel drive and unfair advantages. DRAMA! I think it would be awesome if Project cars can deliver DTM classics and ETCC as well as BTCC. I am not too sure about todays BTCC though, doesn't have that same magic.

LogRoad
18-09-2015, 18:03
Yes. And juice it up for Norte Americanos by combining BTCC cars and tracks with SCCA cars and tracks, Club GT . . .

tyl3r99
18-09-2015, 18:25
:( toca was my childhood memory..... SMS bring it back :)

m355y
18-09-2015, 18:43
In the mid-late 1990s as a kid, the BTCC seemed to me probably the pinnacle of Motorsport along with F1, the two were neck and neck with the likes of Menu, Rydell, Plato and Thompson on a par with Schumacher, Hakkinen, Hill and Coulthard as superheroes. I always thought I'd grow up to either race in the BTCC or F1, I daydreamed about both and it changed week on week. My fave was Anthony Reid, although I'm not certain why. My parents had a Nissan so I loved the Primera.

It would be amazing to see such an incredible series in a modern game.

cunningham85
24-09-2015, 02:29
Please make this happen SMS. The racing community is crying out for these cars with your physics

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 04:58
I would like more touring cars. Expand the current TC2 class, Group A with more cars or license more single makes cars, upcoming Megane Trophy. More 1998 BTCC and Aussie V8 please, pne car isnt enough.

I would love to see TCR Series too, no games had done it so far.

http://i.imgur.com/Wh4TTMc.jpg

azidahaka
24-09-2015, 06:36
Want to make me happy?

Give me this years WTCC cars and nurb 24h layout...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sMwkguY32E&feature=iv&src_vid=7sMwkguY32E&annotation_id=annotation_1580340371

Race starts at 11:25

Oh i forgot to mention IN A SINGLE DLC PACK i hate to have to collect one car from here one from there to fill a car's class....

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 06:46
Want to make me happy?

Give me this years WTCC cars and nurb 24h layout...
Race starts at 11:25

Oh i forgot to mention IN A SINGLE DLC PACK i hate to have to collect one car from here one from there to fill a car's class....

I am not sure hows WTCC license, consideirng there are other options to take, such as 90s BTCC, NGTC, TCR, V8 Supercars, Euro V8 and there are probably a lot more. I dont mind either. Most of them has similar specs as TCR, NGTC and WTCC are similar to a certain extend.

What kind of touring cars is this though?

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/uploads/2/0/6/5/20658008/674880600.jpg

I do not mind having this.

azidahaka
24-09-2015, 06:47
I am not sure hows WTCC license, consideirng there are other options to take, such as 90s BTCC, NGTC, TCR, V8 Supercars, Euro V8 and there are probably a lot more. I dont mind either. Most of them has similar specs as TCR, NGTC and WTCC are similar to a certain extend.

BTW are v8 supercars the one born from V8Superstars serie? If so they are amazing, i bet!

NemethR
24-09-2015, 06:53

These race in the endurance series (24h Series).
The class is called SP2
Cars are around 500BHP

They race on:
Dubai (24h)
Zandvoort (12h)
Barcelona (24h)
Zolder (24h)
Mugello (12h)
Silverstone (24h)
Paul-Ricard (24h)

Here is a full list of classes: (PDF)
http://www.creventic.com/uploads/files/24hseries/regulations_24HSeries/Class_overview%26Eligible_cars_24HSERIES_2015_version_23June2015.pdf

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 07:34
BTW are v8 supercars the one born from V8Superstars serie? If so they are amazing, i bet!

No, Aussie V8 Supercars are a little different.

No ABS. 600bhp V8s(mostly). Low aero. They sort of drive like a Group A with modern technology and uses sedan cars body on controlled chassis like DTM.

These race in the endurance series (24h Series).
The class is called SP2
Cars are around 500BHP

Quite a weird class, but I do not mind seeing it in pcars. It has some similarities with Aussie V8.

dannydizzal
08-10-2015, 09:15
Any feedback from SMS on this thread? I have emailed and twitted them, but no feedback. I want Frank Bielas A4 with yellow mirrors please 1996 , 4 Wheel Drive. Bosh.

balderz002
08-10-2015, 09:24
The only BTCC I would care to see would be late 90's super tourers. The modern stuff isnt quite so glamourous to me!

NemethR
08-10-2015, 09:25
Any feedback from SMS on this thread? I have emailed and twitted them, but no feedback. I want Frank Bielas A4 with yellow mirrors please 1996 , 4 Wheel Drive. Bosh.

I would like some Alfa Romeos, BUT its not about what we would like, but what they can do :)

VanquishedVantage
08-10-2015, 09:50
The only BTCC I would care to see would be late 90's super tourers. The modern stuff isnt quite so glamourous to me!

"And Harvey's right behind, there's Harvey, there's Cleland, so Cleland just stayed ahead, but Soper is ahead of the Vauxhall. So, John Cleland is sandwiched between the two BMW's, "I'm going for third!" said John Cleland."

What a classic race.

Swinnyjr
08-10-2015, 11:20
I quite like the idea of testing the flying bricks (Volvo 850) safety features by parking it into a tyre barrier at top speed. BTCC touring DLC would be fun. But what A4 quattro would be used? with or without weight penalties? Or would you go with something more recent?

I'd rather see Sherman and Panzer be the Audis added along with other NGTC cars.
That way we can make a balenced, diverse TC grid of cars.

Cuba
08-10-2015, 11:41
Yes please to BTCC and the various track. My money is waiting SMS.
I've got my wallet out!

BulletEyeDK
08-10-2015, 11:45
Would be awesome, i prefer the real race cars before any road cars, which i haven't really touched at all...

Will surely pay for any real race cars as DLC

cunningham85
08-10-2015, 11:56
I would love it if SMS just acknowledged that there was a want for this content. I would happily pay for any BTCC material via DLC or Project cars 2

Scuderia Paul
08-10-2015, 12:05
I have no doubt that BTCC content will arrive for PCars2. There is such a love for that series, particularly the late 1990s, that SMS would be mad not to take advantage of the opportunity to bring it in. I cannot imagine that licencing for the BTCC would be too difficult to obtain.

cmch15
08-10-2015, 13:31
"And Harvey's right behind, there's Harvey, there's Cleland, so Cleland just stayed ahead, but Soper is ahead of the Vauxhall. So, John Cleland is sandwiched between the two BMW's, "I'm going for third!" said John Cleland."
What a classic race.

It was an awesome race. Sorry to be picky but I think the quote was "I'm going for first" as Cleland gave Soper the bird. :)

Vit7
08-10-2015, 14:53
Would be awesome, i prefer the real race cars before any road cars, which i haven't really touched at all...

Will surely pay for any real race cars as DLC
Would be awesome, i prefer the real road cars before any race cars, which i haven't really touched at all...

Will surely pay for any real road cars as DLC

balderz002
08-10-2015, 15:13
There is alot of anticipation for this BTCC Laguna, I'm sure it will be played alot when it turns up!

Scuderia Paul
08-10-2015, 15:22
The only thing that could make better is getting the Volvo S40 from your avatar which is my favourite BTCC car. I was properly addicted to it in ToCA on PS One.

Rasp
08-10-2015, 15:38
Yes please to BTCC, I would love this on Project Cars.....

Del Zotto x82x
08-10-2015, 16:04

Yea, cause the "Yanks" destroy everything right...

Swinnyjr
08-10-2015, 16:57
I think it goes without saying I would love BTCC additions. And with that I'm off to watch the BTCC. Go go gooo team bmr.

BMR?

Go go WSR please!
;)

balderz002
08-10-2015, 17:49
The only thing that could make better is getting the Volvo S40 from your avatar which is my favourite BTCC car. I was properly addicted to it in ToCA on PS One.

Same, and same! Although when I went and saw the Snetterton night race in 99, I as a Mondeo fan. Loved them in their Yellow Rapid Parts paint job!

cunningham85
09-10-2015, 13:19
Yea, cause the "Yanks" destroy everything right...

Surely the contract would have lapsed by now?

tmitch45
09-10-2015, 15:08
I would love to see BTTC current and past (1990's) or historic in the game. I'm not bothered if its called BTCC or if the cars have the same liveries as the current cars, just having the correct cars and SMS own liveries would be great! Also Ausie V8's and DTM would be good. SMS I have cash waiting and will buys these as soon as they are ready!!!!

poet
09-10-2015, 15:27
Surely the contract would have lapsed by now?

Not sure, what I posted is all I know, and that was from an un-named source reported by Autocar some time back if I recall correctly.
Could be some horrible lifetime deal like EA and Porsche.

We can only hope that's not the case.

balderz002
09-10-2015, 16:48
I think alot of people have money waiting for this, whether it be late 90's super tourers (yes please, cash waiting!) or more modern stuff.

VanquishedVantage
09-10-2015, 20:41
It was an awesome race. Sorry to be picky but I think the quote was "I'm going for first" as Cleland gave Soper the bird. :)

Listen to the video, you can't hear Murray say an s in firSt, as the s sound is for Said.

Dbr9lemans
09-10-2015, 21:55
Not sure, what I posted is all I know, and that was from an un-named source reported by Autocar some time back if I recall correctly.
Could be some horrible lifetime deal like EA and Porsche.

We can only hope that's not the case.

My interpretation of Gow's statement about licensing was that a perpetual license was signed by the then TOCA rights holders however the contract didn't require the publisher to ever produce a game. Gow never said which publisher the contract was with; though it doesn't take a genius to work out a likely suspect.

At the time there were five producers/publishers of motorsport games: Papyrus/Sierra (Nascar), Codemasters, Polyphony (Gran Turismo) and Microprose / Infrogames (GP4) and EA. Which of those have form for licensing arrangements that eliminate competition?

leopardsang
10-10-2015, 02:51
Indeed.
I can't verify, which publisher hold what contract or which license, but organisations like BTCC or DTM are their own game, they have their set of rules. Take our Mercedes C-Class DTM. You have to deal with "Mercedes DTM" (let's call it that) and not necessarily with Daimler AG or Mercedes-Benz. So, having an AMG A45 license is different from having a C-Class DTM license. As far as I know, DTM didn't allow us to have liveries on the C-Class.

For a BTCC bunch of cars to happen, someone needs a very solid contact with the BTCC administrators. Put SMS in contact with these guys, and we can make this happen. Plus talking to each respective brand as well.

If you have good contacts with automotive manufacturers, put the devs in a serious contact.
SMS can't just draw cars and put them in a game. Let's think like real adults here. We are dealing with cars that were made by real people, they aren't just open source material.

Cheesenium
10-10-2015, 04:22
I do not have confirmed information about this but there had been rumors that Codemasters is working on a touring car heavy spinoff for quite a while. Maybe the BTCC license could be in their hands for the full series but didnt Forza 6 had quite a few NGTC?

We already have one 90s BTCC, I would really appreciate if SMS could extend the license for a BMW 320i and a Ford Mondeo.

TheReaper GT
10-10-2015, 04:37
Forza 6 have 5 or 6 NGTC cars and they are among the best cars in the game. Very good handling. Too bad you can't have a race only with them, them game fill the grid up with road cars. Same for V8 supercars and GT cars.

tmitch45
10-10-2015, 07:31
I think this is what is confusing people. There are loads of games out there with tin top racing cars in them some are serious racing games some are arcade games. The crew for example has the focus mk2 rs and mk3 in it and has custom liveries and endless customisation having the a road car, race car and full on off road car. I think what we are saying is a having modern touring cars in the game would be great. Others have managed it and as PCARs is the best game on console at the moment we want that in our game. Having just one DTM car is pretty pointless for example we need at least 3-4 different cars to make it worth while. If I had any contacts in the BTCC or car manufacturing world you guys would be the first to know.

Without a shadow of a doubt is BTCC or similar was available as a DLC pack or incorporated as a selling point for pcars2 it would be a huge success. At the moment we have codemasters race driver which has some of the cars but the game is pretty shocking. I can only imagine the fun of having that content combined with the physics of PCArs

tmitch45
10-10-2015, 07:32
We already have one 90s BTCC, I would really appreciate if SMS could extend the license for a BMW 320i and a Ford Mondeo.

Which one is that?

blacknred81
10-10-2015, 07:41
Which one is that?

Renault Laguna 1999

Forza 6 have 5 or 6 NGTC cars and they are among the best cars in the game. Very good handling. Too bad you can't have a race only with them, them game fill the grid up with road cars. Same for V8 supercars and GT cars.

THIS IS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT WITH Forza and Gran Turismo.....

While they do have a nice car lineup, it is very hard with the way they Categorized the car on its performance rather than its actual car class....

Ran the GT Wolrd Championship in GT6 in a LMP, Two of the competitors were NASCAR Stock Cars.....
Tried to run Stock Cars at Sonoma in FM4, Gets road cars and random GT cars.......
Try to run a Modern LMP Race on GT6? Here are some Group C cars as well.........

CCM
10-10-2015, 07:47
I would be one #$#$# off person if they added something like that before ovals. We need ovals and oval cars period. We don't need countless road cars or road tracks. You can flame all you won't but to a oval racer that is patiently waiting for ovals and oval cars it would be a slap in the face if they committed to something like that.

Ian Bell
10-10-2015, 07:49
OK then.

balderz002
10-10-2015, 08:07
Did I miss something here?

Konan
10-10-2015, 08:16
Did I miss something here?

Nope...nothing worth mentioning...

David Wright
10-10-2015, 08:49
Forget the BTCC. Go for the cars the BTCC drivers drive for fun.

https://grrc.goodwood.com/goodwood-revival/video-2015-st-marys-trophy-part-1-full-race#5mAhyH6HiS6HzIHX.97

No need to push the guy in front of you off the track to overtake, and no weight penalties or reversed grids needed for exciting racing (though when the quickest car ends up on the back of the grid through unreliability in qualifying, it does add to the spice.)

speedystew432
10-10-2015, 09:37
lets face it, what most of us (old farts) really want is the old codemasters classics like cm rally and toca touring cars with the game physics todays pc's and consoles can deliver

DinkLv
10-10-2015, 16:15
OK then.

Forza SMS!!

balderz002
10-10-2015, 21:00
lets face it, what most of us (old farts) really want is the old codemasters classics like toca touring cars with the game physics project cars can deliver

Nailed it my good man! Just modified your quote to more reflect my opinion.

Pcars Driver 44
10-10-2015, 21:16
Nailed it my good man! Just modified your quote to more reflect my opinion.

Yeah got to admit just what I keep hoping for lol! Spent hundreds of hours on Toca and loved every minute of it. For me this is as close as we have been to the Toca game! Bring it on because I'm loving this game so much I haven't purchased forza 6. (PS love Forza but like this better)

Flaw3dGenius
11-10-2015, 01:21
Yeah got to admit just what I keep hoping for lol! Spent hundreds of hours on Toca and loved every minute of it. For me this is as close as we have been to the Toca game! Bring it on because I'm loving this game so much I haven't purchased forza 6. (PS love Forza but like this better)

I agree it's finally as close to a Toca game as anyone has got but it lacks the fun factor of Toca.

Fanapryde
11-10-2015, 06:22
I sold my copies of GT5 and GT6, but I have still TOCA 1 and 2. Does that say enough ?
Don't know if they would still work on a modern gaming PC (just ordered one), but I will try. Would love to hear Tiff Needell's commentary again....
Close racing in TOCA was awesome !

balderz002
11-10-2015, 07:27
Fanapryde, I have Toca 1 and 2 also. Toca 1 hasn't worked for me with win7 or win10. Toca 2 iirc, worked on win7 with an emulator, but I haven't got it to work on win10 yet. I am sure there are how to guides out there, but I haven't yet looked, as I,am getting stuck into this beast!!

Fanapryde
11-10-2015, 08:03
Fanapryde, I have Toca 1 and 2 also. Toca 1 hasn't worked for me with win7 or win10. Toca 2 iirc, worked on win7 with an emulator, but I haven't got it to work on win10 yet. I am sure there are how to guides out there, but I haven't yet looked, as I,am getting stuck into this beast!!
Thanks for the info. i do hope they will both work in the end, though I suspect the graphics will look awful now... :glee:

balderz002
11-10-2015, 08:40
, though I suspect the graphics will look awful now... :glee:

Better than you think! There are alot of youtube videos of people playing them on later versions of windows computers.

It gets me all nostalgic over the 90's! All this talk of TOCA and super tourers!

balderz002
11-10-2015, 08:45
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt7PP1WPGAhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt7PP1WPGA

balderz002
11-10-2015, 08:52
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt7PP1WPGA
But this, for me, is the spiritual successor to TOCA at the moment. Its a RACE 07 mod

Fanapryde
11-10-2015, 11:09
Nostalgia...
But as far as I remember, graphics were better on my old computer !?
Always used cockpit mode then...

balderz002
11-10-2015, 17:56
Graphics dont look that bad really, if only they had kept up the pace of development. Where could they be today!?

Fanapryde
11-10-2015, 18:12
Graphics dont look that bad really, if only they had kept up the pace of development. Where could they be today!?
Very close to PCars ... :beguiled:

Konan
11-10-2015, 18:12
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt7PP1WPGAhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt7PP1WPGA

WOW!!! Instant flashback!!! ;)

balderz002
11-10-2015, 18:18
Good times huh!?

I would love more modern tourers, not necessarily the most upto date current crop, but something more modern than the group A (which are awesome btw).

Konan
11-10-2015, 18:28
Good times huh!?

I would love more modern tourers, not necessarily the most upto date current crop, but something more modern than the group A (which are awesome btw).

You bet!
To me when TOCA came out it was as much as a revelation then when Atari came out with Space invaders...(yes i know...medieval times...been around a long time lol)

balderz002
11-10-2015, 18:31
Atari? Space Invaders? Whats that? Only kidding!

My vote would be 1996 ITC. Pease please please please please please please please please SMS, make it happen! Its a race series with only 3 cars!

Konan
11-10-2015, 18:35
Atari? Space Invaders? Whats that? Only kidding!

My vote would be 1996 ITC. Pease please please please please please please please please SMS, make it happen! Its a race series with only 3 cars!

Not an expert on those things you mention but i hope you get your wish :joyous:

balderz002
11-10-2015, 19:06
Konan, go to youtube and search for 1996 ITC. You wont be disappointed!

Konan
11-10-2015, 19:11
Konan, go to youtube and search for 1996 ITC. You wont be disappointed!

You're right...that looks amazing!
So +1 from me!

balderz002
11-10-2015, 19:44
It could make form some high speed action. With it being labeled as ITC and not DTM, maybe licencing could be easier?

Invincible
11-10-2015, 19:56
I wish it would make licensing things easier because I want that opel calibra and the Alfa.

Konan
11-10-2015, 19:57
I wish it would make licensing things easier because I want that opel calibra and the Alfa.

My two favorites too...

balderz002
11-10-2015, 20:33
I will take the Merc then. Gotta love an underdog/unfavoured outsider!

Konan
11-10-2015, 20:35
Good one...:D

mattrickl06
12-10-2015, 08:10
A full roster of BTCC cars and all tracks on this years race calender would be awesome.

Baggsy being Gordon Sheddon!!

balderz002
12-10-2015, 08:27
Sheddon!

Dambo
12-10-2015, 09:53
I love Formula One etc but the open wheelers on this game just don't do it for me.

Would love to see BTCC or just generally more GT and Touring Car/Cup Cars added to the game.

Absolutely love racing the GT3's.

HiSpeeder
12-10-2015, 11:56
Just saw on YT the final BTCC race, awesome! How great would it be to have this championship on Project Cars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-OqpwjbT78

mr_belowski
12-10-2015, 12:14
Do codemasters still own the btcc licence? Have they actually done anything with it?

balderz002
12-10-2015, 12:16
Do codemasters still own the btcc licence? Have they actually done anything with it?

Arent there a couple of BTCC cars in Forza6? Wonder how they got them?

m355y
12-10-2015, 12:58

You'd have thought that if they still had the licence it would have been used in Grid Autosport, which had an unlicensed version of the 2013 (I think?) BTCC grid.

Not sure if anybody has it tbh. Much as it's a great spectacle, it's not on the same level in term of profile as it was in 1997/8.

balderz002
12-10-2015, 13:19
Much as it's a great spectacle, it's not on the same level in term of profile as it was in 1997/98/99.

Amen brother!

Scuderia Paul
12-10-2015, 13:52
Not sure if anybody has it TBH. Much as it's a great spectacle, it's not on the same level in term of profile as it was in 1997/8.
For me 1999 was when the series excitement peaked. That would be season of choice if I were to pick one to include in PCars 2. 1997 and 1998 were also incredible seasons but 1999 edges it for me. The Renault Laguna we are getting in PCars could do with my favourite BTCC car, the Volvo S40 from Balderz002's avatar, for company.

Fingers crossed PCars 2 brings all the BTCC magic.

balderz002
12-10-2015, 14:04

I have a montage running through my mind of classic late 90's BTCC action, accompanied by Take That's Could It Be Magic............. how very 90's of me!

Anyway, back on track, IIRC, SimBin had a bit of a first dibs all things Swedish and touring cars-y. I recently read (I'm new to Race 07) that they did a free to download Volvo car pack, that included the very same V40 as requested by Paul, and as seen in my avatar............

TheReaper GT
12-10-2015, 14:11
I have a montage running through my mind of classic late 90's BTCC action, accompanied by Take That's Could It Be Magic............. how very 90's of me!

Anyway, back on track, IIRC, SimBin had a bit of a first dibs all things Swedish and touring cars-y. I recently read (I'm new to Race 07) that they did a free to download Volvo car pack, that included the very same V40 as requested by Paul, and as seen in my avatar............

I guess you are going to have a blast with the laguna ...

Invincible
12-10-2015, 14:17
For me 1999 was when the series excitement peaked. That would be season of choice if I were to pick one to include in PCars 2. 1997 and 1998 were also incredible seasons but 1999 edges it for me. The Renault Laguna we are getting in PCars could do with my favourite BTCC car, the Volvo S40 from Balderz002's avatar, for company.

Don't forget my favorites please: the Honda Accord and the Vauxhall Vectra B (I had a Opel Vectra 2.5i V6 - fun to drive).

balderz002
12-10-2015, 14:43
(I had a Opel Vectra 2.5i V6 - fun to drive).

They are quite affordable now!

My safe bet for an investment car for the future! A 90's touring car based super saloon, like a Vectra GSI, Type R Accord, ST24/200 Mondeo, S40 T4.......... Get them now, before they rocket! Look at the price of 80's hot hatches! These babies will be next!

Oh, and Reaper, I really really hope so!!!!!

Invincible
12-10-2015, 15:03
They are quite affordable now!

My safe bet for an investment car for the future! A 90's touring car based super saloon, like a Vectra GSI, Type R Accord, ST24/200 Mondeo, S40 T4.......... Get them now, before they rocket! Look at the price of 80's hot hatches! These babies will be next!

Oh, and Reaper, I really really hope so!!!!!
Unfortunately, I had to scrap mine. It was a '97 Vectra B with some parts from the i500. But after almost 350.000 km, of which I've driven 250.000, the car was done for. Easy too expensive to repair it.

Plato99
12-10-2015, 16:21
It would be great. But I don't want Hondas winning anything.
Ever.
At all.
Not even "Best petrol lawn mower of the year".
Not even that.

m355y
12-10-2015, 17:25

1998 for me.

Rydell vs Reid for the championship
THAT feature race at Donington in the wet
Nigel Mansell in the Ford Mondeo nearly winning that race, and crashing a lot
Derek Warwick winning at Knockhill
The Renaults - Menu vs Plato, the new Nescafé livery

99 was good too, but loses points for the Nissan domination and the loss of Audi and Peugeot.

balderz002
12-10-2015, 18:13
99 was good too!

Snetterton night races. I was there baby!
Yellow Rapid Fit Mondeo's were my fave! And the drivers!? There were some big names!

I would say, by 99, BTCC had become truly world renowned as a race series. You don't get many domestic race series with home grown AND foreign drivers of both Le Mans and F1 pedigree battling it out.

azidahaka
12-10-2015, 19:36
Being less nostalgic i would aim for the WTCC license, very few cars to pay for, interesting ones like the Lada Vesta, modern cars.

balderz002
12-10-2015, 19:58
Its a good point. But, and this is only my opinion, I would like to see SMS cover stuff that isn't really covered in the competition. Group A, Group 5, modern BTCC, WTCC, Indycar, and others are all covered by the other current race games. I would like to see some of them more than others. But I would also like to see some new content not being covered by AC, Forza and R3E.

VanquishedVantage
12-10-2015, 21:20
1998 for me.

Rydell vs Reid for the championship
THAT feature race at Donington in the wet
Nigel Mansell in the Ford Mondeo nearly winning that race, and crashing a lot
Derek Warwick winning at Knockhill
The Renaults - Menu vs Plato, the new Nescafé livery

99 was good too, but loses points for the Nissan domination and the loss of Audi and Peugeot.

1992?
Cleland vs Harvey vs Soper vs Allam vs Rouse vs Leslie vs Hoy?

azidahaka
12-10-2015, 23:16
Its a good point. But, and this is only my opinion, I would like to see SMS cover stuff that isn't really covered in the competition. Group A, Group 5, modern BTCC, WTCC, Indycar, and others are all covered by the other current race games. I would like to see some of them more than others. But I would also like to see some new content not being covered by AC, Forza and R3E.

Is there a game covering WTCC at the moment? didn't know it >_>

TwilightUA
12-10-2015, 23:27
Being less nostalgic i would aim for the WTCC license, very few cars to pay for, interesting ones like the Lada Vesta, modern cars.

It's so weird, I never heard words "interesting" and "lada" in the same sentence.

azidahaka
12-10-2015, 23:35
It's so weird, I never heard words "interesting" and "lada" in the same sentence.

http://www.planete-gt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/lada-vesta-wtcc-concept-moscou-11.jpeg

How would you call this?

TwilightUA
13-10-2015, 00:05
How would you call this?

If you really want to know, the first thing that comes to mind, is "Mercedes wannabe". Optics and overall shape reminds me of several E and C class Mercs.

balderz002
13-10-2015, 06:27
I think what this thread shows, is theres a real desire for more tintops in the game!

Yes, from a specific period, but we dont bite the hand that feeds us, do we people?! If SMS gave us anything, I'm sure we would be greatful!!

m355y
13-10-2015, 06:47
The WTCC Lada isn't a bad looking racing car tbh, dunno what their road cars are meant to be like (they're not on sale in the UK are they?) but they definitely look like they've come some way since the days of the Riva!! The Vesta's been pretty quick in the hands of Rob Huff and Nicky Catsburg this season too.

I'm not really a WTCC fan these days - the races are too processional, Citroen dominate too much, the cars aren't that spectacular on the track compared to say the DTM, but there are some interesting cars on the grid.

The 2007/2008 WTCC was in Race07 (and on console in Race Pro) though so there's a much more modern version of that series available to gamers than the BTCC. The last licenced BTCC was in TOCA Race Driver and I think that was the 2001 field.

balderz002
13-10-2015, 07:04
If you look on the content pages of R3E, they have WTCC 2014 cars..................

Looks like there are BTCC cars in teh new Forza, but whether thats licenced cars, rather than the series, i am in the dark.

TheReaper GT
13-10-2015, 07:07
If you look on the content pages of R3E, they have WTCC 2014 cars..................

Looks like there are BTCC cars in teh new Forza, but whether thats licenced cars, rather than the series, i am in the dark.

Forza don't have series, just cars, 5 or 6 btcc, maybe more, all v8 supercars too. Now r3e has the good stuff, wtcc and dtm in full series packages.

balderz002
13-10-2015, 07:42
Now r3e has the good stuff, wtcc and dtm in full series packages.

Dont forget a bigger grid of Group 5 cars too.

choppermeir
13-10-2015, 19:50
Oh I loved toca touring cars, would love a BTCC super tourer dlc give me Menu's nescafe Laguna and I will be a happy person

balderz002
13-10-2015, 19:57
give me Menu's nescafe Laguna and I will be a happy person

Shouldn't have long to wait - hopefully!

dannydizzal
16-10-2015, 10:50
have you guys seen some of the content on Forza 6?? Quiet impressive.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsVzRveIAAAMwlC.jpg

http://apexonlineracing.com/community/attachments/btcc-s1-event-1-banner-v2-png.499/

http://www.teamvvv.com/assets/js/ckeditor/kcfinder/upload/images/hondacivic04.jpg

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/primera02-jpg.68804/

DriftNasty
01-12-2015, 07:22
Is there a possibility that there will be more touring class contracts like BTCC and WTCC? Maybe Aussie V8 supercars or the Production series? It's disappointing to have only one Touring class and that it is a FWD no less.

2stains
01-12-2015, 07:55
have you guys seen some of the content on Forza 6?? Quiet impressive.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsVzRveIAAAMwlC.jpg

http://apexonlineracing.com/community/attachments/btcc-s1-event-1-banner-v2-png.499/

http://www.teamvvv.com/assets/js/ckeditor/kcfinder/upload/images/hondacivic04.jpg

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/primera02-jpg.68804/

That looks so awesome,
Why cant we get some of that action .
Fully licensed categories .
Drooling .

balderz002
01-12-2015, 08:32
Isnt that Matt Neal Nissan Primera the Assetto Corsa mod?

blacknred81
01-12-2015, 08:46
That looks so awesome,
Why cant we get some of that action .
Fully licensed categories .
Drooling .

Because SMS doesnt have the Budget of Turn 10......

Cheesenium
01-12-2015, 08:53
Isnt that Matt Neal Nissan Primera the Assetto Corsa mod?

That looks like AC's mod that is made by the same person who made Marek in pcars.

venquessa
01-12-2015, 10:57
+1 for TOCA.

Don't care if it's the branded series or just a bunch of same era touring cars.
Even a touring car championship with the current 4 or 5 British circuits.
Preferably the rest of the British circuits!

Plato99
01-12-2015, 10:58
Hey, if the AI cross the gravel traps or smash in to the opposition without penalty in those Yuasa Type Rs at least no-one can accuse PCars of not being an accurate sim !!!

Zeem
01-12-2015, 11:56
Absolutely 200% behind this. The tracks are there, so I like to think SMS will snatch at any opportunity they get to fill them with some BTCC/WTCC cars.

venquessa
01-12-2015, 12:11
Hey, if the AI cross the gravel traps or smash in to the opposition without penalty in those Yuasa Type Rs at least no-one can accuse PCars of not being an accurate sim !!!

The super clean racing leagues will be totally unrealistic. If you don't get at least one love-tap-spin and a secondary t-boning, it's just not a TOCA race.

seb02
01-12-2015, 12:15
Absolutely 200% behind this. The tracks are there, so I like to think SMS will snatch at any opportunity they get to fill them with some BTCC/WTCC cars.

Yes, i agree with you. There are little Touring cars in Project cars so i hope. A studio has already BTCC's licence ?

DriftNasty
01-12-2015, 20:17
I truly miss the days of TOCA 2 on the PC, such a blast, I've been waiting decades for a developer to give me a good touring car game.

cunningham85
02-12-2015, 12:07
Please do this SMS even if it was for PC2. I loved TOCA back in the day and there is still a big following of it today

BistoKid
02-12-2015, 12:26
Another TOCA veteran and the reason I was on to this game like a rash!

Knockhill and Thruxton, please please please, just to relive that moment !!

MrA2theK
04-12-2015, 15:16
TOCA was an awesome game on PS1, hard but rewarding if memory serves me correct.