PDA

View Full Version : mid session saves, is there hope for the future?

bonannogiovanni
12-05-2015, 11:04
Hello everybody,
as much as I like the game, I know I won't be able to play 100% length races (and qualifying), because my lifestyle prevents me to spend more than 30/60 minutes to gaming. So the only way to fully enjoy the game would be to save the session in progress and rejoin later when I have the time. I know that the PS4 has a rest mode feature, but imagine what would happen if there was a power failure in between, besides I could not play any other game. So the question to SMS: are you considering to usher in game saves in a future patch or that's out of the way?

Thanks

racesafegrandad
19-01-2016, 10:53
My thoughts exactly. I like to do my practice and qualifying one day and the race the next day. [bit like the real world] hears hoping?

mister dog
19-01-2016, 12:13
Discussed many times, i too would have loved it for endurance races (as the game lends itself to it with the day/night/weather transitions). SMS didn't implement it as they originally thought of a mid race save at any moment, which meant there would have been a crapload of data that needed to be saved and that wasn't really feasible, but then we came up with the idea to do it like in Gran Turismo, where you'd save during pit stops. Physics engine etcetera is paused when doing a pit stop so this idea could have been implemented, and was added to 'the list':

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31020-2-questions&p=987019#post987019

But this won't happen for 1 anymore. I'm counting on it for PCARS 2 though.

Edit: i just see you mean in between sessions. If you finish a session, just move to the next and then cancel and exit career and it will be saved?

racesafegrandad
19-01-2016, 13:46
Edit: i just see you mean in between sessions. If you finish a session, just move to the next and then cancel and exit career and it will be saved?

I never new that? Thanks :)