PDA

View Full Version : Crude workaround for sensitive steering

ram278
12-05-2015, 11:07
Hi people, until the patch comes try this very crude fix, get a rubber band and wrap it several times around the base left thumb stick this should restrict the side to side movement of the thumb stick it also dampens what movement you do have hence making it he steering less twitchy .You can try different size and thickness of rubber bands to suit. I realise this won't be for everyone but it's worked a treat for me.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 11:35
Hahaha!! This is actually something similiar to what I have wanted to do with the one controller sticks from day one!!! :)
They are like waveing a stick in the air! Almost no resistance! Worst is if you just move them a little bit, as you always do since its analogue sticks, then you end up in this no mans land of not knowing/feeling how much you turned or how much is left. Same with the triggers. Like pushing air around.
This gives no feeling of being in the game.
The xbox one deserves a better controller!
My xbox 360 is MUCH better at this, but the old duke was even better!
I have ti buy tvat cronus max thingy so that I can play with my 360 controller on the one instead.

And then its slippery like a soap to... Already broken the controller because of that!

But increasing stick resistance, would fix a lot! Bit I dont want to narrow the area of operation so to speak, but finding the right material that fits around the base would be great!

N30n117
12-05-2015, 11:37
Haha you know there are serious issues with it when people resort to this kind of tactic. Fair play for improvising though ! :)

Suburban Coot
12-05-2015, 11:41
Hi people, until the patch comes try this very crude fix, get a rubber band and wrap it several times around the base left thumb stick this should restrict the side to side movement of the thumb stick it also dampens what movement you do have hence making it he steering less twitchy .You can try different size and thickness of rubber bands to suit. I realise this won't be for everyone but it's worked a treat for me.

Its like trying to hold onto a live flopping fish Lmao ;). Great idea though. Thanks for this.

ram278
12-05-2015, 19:52
Its like trying to hold onto a live flopping fish Lmao ;). Great idea though. Thanks for this.

It sure does feel loose which makes it so difficult to control the cars in this game