PDA

View Full Version : My two penneth's worth........

Feetabix
12-05-2015, 11:17
As a middle aged, self employed bloke with 99% of my time split between work, a demanding wife and three kids hungrily consuming my money and time (in that order!), over the past few months I've enjoyed a rare thing for me.....a secretly held excitement waiting for this release. Three times I've felt the disappointment of another delay, to be replaced ten minutes after by a sense of resignation, and then anticipation once more......last time I felt this I was ten years old and awaiting a cool Christmas present!.....

I've had decades of adulthood/fatherhood forcing me to put practicality before any irrational excitement, and I've enjoyed the past few months of waiting in an odd kind of way!......over the few days since the release of the sim I've got home from work just a little quicker......

Sure, there are some problems......why can't I save a set of suspension settings for my e30 m3, and a different set for my ruf 911?.......why can't I see how worn my tyres are?......

I do think this stuff will get sorted out though......and that means that I still have something to anticipate!......

My little ramble will probably fall from view unnoticed, but there seems a lot of negativity in the threads. I sense the makers of the game have created a monster and are caught out by some of this......

I'm certain it will get sorted out, but I just wanted to express my enjoyment in what I've had so far.... I'm looking forward to it only getting better!.....

Ramble over!.....

HeeseyChelmet
12-05-2015, 11:37
Totally agree with your 'rant' mate. Yes bugs are a pain but no software is bug free. The enjoyment from PCars completely outweighs these issues and overall, the game is fantastic and I really enjoy it. Looking forward to the patches though. Also, people would rather rant/ complain than provide positive/ constructive feedback to help improve it for all players so good to see more of this.

Feetabix
12-05-2015, 11:53
Quite right chees'o!.......(I'm assuming you weren't christened with that name!:nonchalance:)......with a little attention this sim will put a fresh line in the sand!.......I'm here for the long haul and it should be something really special for us all........

batman21685
13-05-2015, 18:15
The people who complain will be the same people who play fifa most of the day despite it being nothing like football whatsoever and defend it to the death despite it being the same game released every single year. Pcars is great as it is and yes it has irritating bugs but sure these will be sorted

awaite85
13-05-2015, 18:42
The people who complain will be the same people who play fifa most of the day despite it being nothing like football whatsoever and defend it to the death despite it being the same game released every single year. Pcars is great as it is and yes it has irritating bugs but sure these will be sorted

Exactly. I have done nothing but praise since I got it yesterday morning. The positive outweights the bugs.

GTX-Bear
13-05-2015, 19:31
100% agree, Project CARS is fantastic! Thank you SMS and WMD for the game I have been waiting for, since... Well since I started caring about racing lol.

A few bugs to be sorted and more content to be added. This game has a really positive future ahead.

Cheers guys.

king-goji
13-05-2015, 19:42
The positive outweights the bugs.Absolutely.
I am a huge Gran Turismo fan, and for me nothing has ever come close to the standard they've set... until now.

Sure there are some issues, but with the bugs being patched, more cars being made available, and the company's continued attention to improving the game, it's just going to get better and better.
It may not be Turismo at the moment, but it's already the next best thing, and only getting better.

awaite85
13-05-2015, 20:58
Absolutely.
I am a huge Gran Turismo fan, and for me nothing has ever come close to the standard they've set... until now.

Sure there are some issues, but with the bugs being patched, more cars being made available, and the company's continued attention to improving the game, it's just going to get better and better.
It may not be Turismo at the moment, but it's already the next best thing, and only getting better.

Exactly.

Ade-182
13-05-2015, 21:11
Absolutely.

I've seen a fair few bugs, but with a small studio I'm sure they haven't got a small army of testers identifying issues as most devs have and I'd much rather have a game I've been eagerly waiting for with a few bugs than another 6 plus week wait.

Additionally, I emailed Slightly Mad last Wednesday when I recieved my copy, yes I actually jumped for joy, and recieved a personal reply before a later update regarding my question. I remember emailing Turn 10 about Forza 4 and it took 6 weeks for a standard reply and similar with GT5.

No it's not perfect, nothing will ever likely be, but it's an amazing first draft of what is only the first issue what I hope will be a very long series and for that I would add my thanks publicly, as I have already done privately.

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 22:31
Yeah, theyve definitely created a killer driving game. Better than Forza and GT in my opinion. Not a bad start!
Just needs the bugs sorted out.