PDA

View Full Version : Performance question.

sweets
12-05-2015, 12:32
Given that this is an Nvidia backed game and i have an R9 290 i did some research on this game before committing to buy, i have been bitten once before with Game Works Games being unplayable for me (Unplayable being a matter of perception, i'm very sensitive to low FPS microstuttering)
Every Games Works title since then has got a really bad reviews, especially on AMD GPU's.

It turns out this one is no different, infact its one of if not the worst of them all with performance on an R9 290 similar to a GTX 750TI, which is equivalent to an R7 260X.

There are rumours that under the Game Works Licence Developers cannot optimise properly for AMD, so will it ever run properly? or do i just forget about this game.

Daffers
12-05-2015, 13:22
Given that this is an Nvidia backed game and i have an R9 290 i did some research on this game before committing to buy, i have been bitten once before with Game Works Games being unplayable for me (Unplayable being a matter of perception, i'm very sensitive to low FPS microstuttering)
Every Games Works title since then has got a really bad reviews, especially on AMD GPU's.

It turns out this one is no different, infact its one of if not the worst of them all with performance on an R9 290 similar to a GTX 750TI, which is equivalent to an R7 260X.

There are rumours that under the Game Works Licence Developers cannot optimise properly for AMD, so will it ever run properly? or do i just forget about this game.

I have the r7 260 and the game runs like a charm on high settings on a big screen. I5 3.3ghz.
There must be an issue with your PC

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 13:22
it's amd's problem

Mad Al
12-05-2015, 13:25
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22797-AMD-graphics-bad-optimization

read it..

Paul Swanepoel
12-05-2015, 19:13
....There are rumours that under the Game Works Licence Developers cannot optimise properly for AMD, so will it ever run properly? or do i just forget about this game.

Hi Sweets, The SMS team are working with AMD to get the AMD drivers sorted, and the alpha drivers are showing great improvements - they should be out soon !- be assured Project CARS was never, and will never be intentionally crippled on AMD. Hope this puts you more at ease.