PDA

View Full Version : TX Wheel. Comparing PCars to Forza

The Monk
12-05-2015, 12:40
Hi, First of all let me just say im a fan of PCars so im not here to slate it, I had the game on pre order since it was possible and was at the shop first thing on release day to pick it up, since then I've been on it every day but not enjoying it as I'd like but instead I've been back and forth between free practice and the tangled rats nest of settings trying to get a proper feeling from my TX Wheel. I have had some success by tinkering with the FFB within the car settings and after a while you start to think yeah this is starting to feel right! But this morning I thought I'd dig Forza out and see how the FFB compared and I can honestly say that at this moment PCars is way off as far as feeling goes. This is a real shame as I had such high hopes for this game and Forza falls short of it in amost every other department but the one thing you really need above all from racing games like these is a proper "feeling" from the controls especially when it comes down to racing wheels and at the moment this game is falling way short. Please whoever is in charge of sorting these problems out make them a priority and let us enjoy this game to its full potential.
I encourage anyone who still has Forza to first do a few laps of Spa in the Renault Megane R.S. 265 on PCars the stick Forza on and do the same. Tell us what you think.
I hope no one takes offence to this, like I said I'm not slating the game I'm just pointing out some serious issues that need sorting out and I'm sure that once these problems do get fixed this will be by far the best console racing game yet, especially comparing it to in my opinion the disappointing hollow shell of a game Forza is.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 12:46
Have you spent much time tweaking the settings? There are a lot of things that you can change to try to achieve the FFB that you want.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 12:59
Isnt it a possibility that what is affecting us without a wheel actually is a bigger issue affecting the whole game?
Just throwing that out there...

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:03
Have you spent much time tweaking the settings? There are a lot of things that you can change to try to achieve the FFB that you want. yea like i said I've been on it everyday messing with settings, scouring the net for setups and I have had some success but its still falling way short of expectations and I know im not only speaking for myself here.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:10
Isnt it a possibility that what is affecting us without a wheel actually is a bigger issue affecting the whole game?
Just throwing that out there... It's more than a possibility its a certainty but there are other issues that need attention. Like i said the one thing you really need above all from racing games like these is a proper feeling from the "controls"

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 13:19
Just throwing that out there...

I do not think so, not unless something else is influencing it, because people are managing to get the FFB how they want, rather than it being a problem for everyone.

EDIT: I take it that you have seen this thread = http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-!

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 13:39
This is simply not true!
You need to setup your wheel, mate! Project CARS is miles ahead of Forza when it comes to FFB.
I got the TX wheel and it's a waaay more fun and realistic drive in PCARS!

Try the Yellow Ruf with FFB at 70 and then setup Master scale to 28! What a feeling! Forza never had this! I love Forza and got them all from the very first title, but Project CARS is much better at FFB. Seriously...

I gotta ask - have you calibrated your TX wheel, mate??

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:40
I do not think so, not unless something else is influencing it, because people are managing to get the FFB how they want, rather than it being a problem for everyone.

EDIT: I take it that you have seen this thread = http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-! I've seen that thread and seen that the hold at 90 workaround doesn't work for some people like myself. No matter how much tinkering you do in the settings you wont ever get the rumble strips to feel right thats why I'm recommending people especially the ones who do feel like they've found the perfect setup to do a few laps round Spa on Forza hitting as many kerbs as possible on the way then maybe the problem will be acknowledged and taken as seriously as it should be.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 13:48
So now it's all about feeling kerbs? The overall FFB is way better in PCARS - catch a slide in both games and you will know..

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:55
So now it's all about feeling kerbs? The overall FFB is way better in PCARS - catch a slide in both games and you will know.. No I'm not saying its all about kerbs, but if you cant feel kerbs as you should then there is obviously something wrong. Messing with the endless amount of settings is bound to make the FFB feel better but there should definitely be more feeling from the start and the lack of feeling from the kerbs is an obvious indicator that something is wrong.

djbuzz07
12-05-2015, 13:57
I'm with you Monk,

I've spent more time altering set ups than driving!, I've improved the FFB but its not as good as Forza.

I understand that Forza used canned effects for bumps and rumble strips but I just seem to have a lack of feeling, in Forza under steer was easy as was "catching" the back end.

As for braking does anyone else seem to struggle to get their wheels to lock (I have ABS off) this is what seems to happen

Bathurst
Start the lap all is good, ramming the break down willy-nilly as I see fit, then turn 18 (the dipper) even touch the brake and the car spins and shi#s itself.

I hope things get better..

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 14:01
The big difference to other racing games like Forza is that pC does not use canned effects, eveything is comming from the physics. That may be feel wrong at the beginning because you eg. always expect rumble on curbs, even if they are flat. Or you expect the same heavy rumble also if your wheels just slightly touch the curbs because of the weight transfer to the outer tires. There is something you are able to compensate with dozens of hardware settings as offered by Jack Spade. But please consider that the Feeling still will be different to a game with canned effects!

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 14:11
^^
Exactly! I feel kerbs in PCARS btw - just not the flat ones on Imola..

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 15:44
What i like about the ffb in pCars is the difference in ffb between all the cars. Cars with soft suspension and smaller tires have less ffb like the Lotus super 7 and cars with wider tires, harder suspension and more aero have stronger ffb.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 16:36
No I'm not saying its all about kerbs, but if you cant feel kerbs as you should then there is obviously something wrong. Messing with the endless amount of settings is bound to make the FFB feel better but there should definitely be more feeling from the start and the lack of feeling from the kerbs is an obvious indicator that something is wrong.

Can you do some test for me please ?
Go with the BMW M3 E30 (stock settings) to Brno and tell me if you feel the curbs on the inside of the 1ste right hand corner if you come out of the pitlane.
I can feel this curb very clearly. Go not on the grass, only the curbs.