PDA

View Full Version : Limited edition worth it?

tmitch45
12-05-2015, 12:42
I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the limited edition version of PCARS to the point that I'd even go as far as to say I feel its been miss-sold. For the sum of 20 over the standard edition we get a tin box, 5 cars which I understand may be dlc at some point and what I can only describe as a Leaflet. Its the book I mainly have an issue with, from the pictures of the book on the PCARS site advertising the limited edition version it is clearly a large hard back bound book which is 100% not what we have been sent. Is anyone else feeling like this? Had this been advertised as a smaller case sized paper back book I probably wouldn't have bothered and gone for standard edition. It was the book that made me want to spend the extra and its this that I'm not happy with.

MonkeyCH
12-05-2015, 12:56
Yes the LE is a bad joke. The bookled is like a kick in our ass, as it is not near what we get promised.

NemethR
12-05-2015, 13:17
I disagree, you did not get the Limited Edition for the book.
If so, then there are a lot of nice books to read on motosrport, you don't have to buy a PC game for it.

The Limited Edition is limited to the Cars, and the fact that you want to support the Developers of the game.
I at least only got the Limited Edition for the cars, and to support the Developers.

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 13:17
LE cars come with all Digital packages...so its not that exclusive

tmitch45
12-05-2015, 13:29
I disagree, you did not get the Limited Edition for the book.
If so, then there are a lot of nice books to read on motosrport, you don't have to buy a PC game for it.

The Limited Edition is limited to the Cars, and the fact that you want to support the Developers of the game.
I at least only got the Limited Edition for the cars, and to support the Developers.

I have to disagree there but this is just my opinion. I wasn't that bothered by the cars and if comments on other forums are to be believed these cars will be dlc at some point. I like to get these limited edition versions because they are nice and exclusive. The book IS the reason I got this and no one can tell me otherwise and to that end the hardback book which is clearly in the advert is different from the small paperback thing we got.

Psychomatrix
12-05-2015, 14:03
i've canceld my le because amazon wants 80 euros that a 40 euros more than for the pc le. i know their license cost for ms and sony in it. but 100 % more. i never seen that before.

Gimpymoo
12-05-2015, 14:14
I originally started a thread about this here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23033-Limited-Edition-quot-Behind-the-scenes-book-quot-a-bit-of-a-let-down

A mod locked the thread saying:

nothing much to discuss in here

Someone then started an identical thread here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23100-Limited-Edition-quot-Behind-the-scenes-book-quot-a-big-let-down

tmitch45
12-05-2015, 15:04
Didn't find either when I searched. Yes I believe there is plenty to discuss and for people who feel let down to express their feelings. Its not like it was an extra this was 20 extra and we haven't got whats in the picture.

Eric Rowland
12-05-2015, 20:38
Limited edition worth it?

As Vettel likes to say, "Yes, yes, and yes again!"

Andymh5
12-05-2015, 21:36
Not worth it yet for me as im still unable to get the cars for it and Namco have not replied in the last 3 days.

marshma11ow8
12-05-2015, 21:57
Hahah
While everyone complains they spend $20 more than the standard I paid the same price in Australia

JrJoonya
12-05-2015, 21:59
I paid normal price for LE. $74 in Australia

Smegsterman
12-05-2015, 22:11
I paid 34.99 from game for le....bargain if you ask me and 'book' however it arrives looks quite nice and well made. Bought game to play not sit on shelf and book is extra to read while on throne.

Gimpymoo
15-05-2015, 01:44
bargain if you ask me and 'book' however it arrives looks quite nice and well made

Very well made.

Those 2 staples really do make it look exquisite.