PDA

View Full Version : Is tyre wear multiplier working correctly?

SRS STIG
12-05-2015, 12:44
Hi all,

So iv been doing some testing the last few days for tyre wear and using the multipliers to speed up the tyre wear on cars but last night we ran the Formula Gulf Cars on Zolder for 30 laps in dry conditions and using a x7 Multiplier on the tyre wear.

Now i would have expected this to have needed a pitstop for new tyres during the course of the race but not once did the pit crew radio to say my tyres were worn, my tyre indicators were green the entire race and i actually set my fastest lap time on the 29th lap and didnt feel any difference in the handling characteristics of the car.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or if it is a known bug already.

For reference was playing project cars on the Xbox one version.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Sankyo
12-05-2015, 12:46
This was an issue in the past, I'll inquire what the status is right now. Could also be that tyre wear on this particular car is a bit conservative.

SRS STIG
12-05-2015, 12:58
Thanks for your reply, i did think it could have been the car that was contributing to the tyre wear but even 30 laps @ x7 multiplier would mean the car would potentially do 210 laps and not suffer any significant tyre degredation on normal tyre wear if i understand it correctly.

Many Thanks

Max Kelly
12-05-2015, 13:00
Thanks for your reply, i did think it could have been the car that was contributing to the tyre wear but even 30 laps @ x7 multiplier would mean the car would potentially do 210 laps and not suffer any significant tyre degredation on normal tyre wear if i understand it correctly.

Many Thanks210 laps, the tires would end in this car.

SRS STIG
12-05-2015, 13:47
Just to add to my additional post in case it helps replicating the issue this was tested in a multiplayer setting with 7 other drivers, all drivers reported that they had no feeling of tyre wear at the end of the race.

Damage was on Full
Mechanical Failures was set to Off.

Dazza
12-05-2015, 13:59
noticed the same thing is our multi player games. some guys were saying the tires were going red they were 2 secs slower and could feel the grip going. but myself it was fine, on the last lap tyres were still all green and set my fastest time.

SRS STIG
12-05-2015, 14:19
Also I was using a Thrustmaster TX wheel and we had a combination of both pad and wheel users in the lobby. None reported any degredation of the tyres, only other doubt i had was that mechanical failures was set to off and wasnt sure if it was this that overid the tyre wear or not (i would of thought it would of been the damage settings if indeed it does work that way) Not sure if tyre wear, mechanical failures and damage are all separate functions or if they are linked ie tyre wear falls into the damage or mechanical failures category.

WillisG
13-05-2015, 12:38
I am having the Same Problem, but I can't Even get the tyres out of the cold Blue temp. (XB1, Wheel, all Assists Off, real as possible)

HEF51
13-05-2015, 16:46
A couple friends and I did some 7x tire wear last night and our tires were falling off between lap 5-9 depending on how long the track was. So its there

Megaessin
14-05-2015, 07:34
A couple friends and I did some 7x tire wear last night and our tires were falling off between lap 5-9 depending on how long the track was. So its there

what cars were you driving, and on what track(s)?

Formula rookie, Hockenheim international, 20 Laps with tire wear on x7.
About 10 laps in the car had noticably less grip in fast entry corners, tendencies to understeer. From lap
13-15 the AI was pitting, and my tires were on red most of the lap, except on the straightaways. On lap 19 i got a message from the pits that my tires were a bit worn. i was off my best time with several seconds. I would have changed tires about the same time as the AI did. I had full damage and mechanical failures turned on.

fishfash
14-05-2015, 08:18
Nurburgring GP, 20 laps, race weekend, Touring Cars, Tyre Wear x7.

Most of the AI's tyres would be completely worn within 6-7 laps, and the AI cars would produce a spark affect from their tyres, indicating the tyres are punctured. Eventually they would coast back to the pits at a snails pace for a tyre change.

My tyres did not appear to lose any grip, even after 20 laps.

Megaessin
14-05-2015, 08:47
Nurburgring GP, 20 laps, race weekend, Touring Cars, Tyre Wear x7.

Most of the AI's tyres would be completely worn within 6-7 laps, and the AI cars would produce a spark affect from their tyres, indicating the tyres are punctured. Eventually they would coast back to the pits at a snails pace for a tyre change.

My tyres did not appear to lose any grip, even after 20 laps.

"Spark effect" thats something i haven't seen that before, going to see if i can reproduce the same result.

Tested how long it would take until the tires had pretty much zero grip. I cheated by driving the car into a barrier and lit up the tires, after 1:40 seconds i got a message from the pits, after 2:30 the tire helt indicators were turning green again, at this moment i couldn't even drive the car, spinning all over the place, could not take a turn at more than 20 km/h (tire wear x7) going to test with different cars and with different levers of tire wear, i'll be back with the results.

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:08
Are you guys using assists? That may be factor.

Megaessin
14-05-2015, 16:44
Are you guys using assists? That may be factor.

Yup, traction control, but it's still the front tires taking most of the abuse. Haven't tried with ESP ON but i doubt that would do much difference.
Again HET51, what cars were you using when the tires were degrading after only 7 laps?

Megaessin
14-05-2015, 18:21
I've compiled a list of how long it takes for different types of cars to disintigrate their tires. The timer was stopped when a message was received from the pit to change tires. I parked the cars up against a wall, and pinned the throttle. Yes, this is not the same as driving around a track for 40 laps, but it will show which cars are more prone to destroy their tires after only a few laps, and which cars may need som tweaking. Tire wear x7
Feel free to add the amount of laps it takes for a perticular car to get a message from the pit.
Open wheel
Formula A. 55 sec
Formula B. 3:30 min
Formula C. 2 min
Formula Gulf. 4+ (no message recieved)
Formula rookie 3:30 min (Hockenheim international, 19 laps)
GT
Gt 3
MB SLS AMG 2:40
Gt4
Ford mustang 302 1:40 sec. AM V8 vantage 1:15
Touring
Gr.A. Historic gr.B
Ford sierra. 1min MB 190e. 1min MB 300 sl 1min

morphee7
16-05-2015, 09:53
im also having the tire issue we have played this on multiplayer all week with friends and gone through various cars and tracks and had no tire wear with the tires set at x7 but noticed whern i did time trial and free practice and also when i do a quick weekend still no tire wear also no matter what pressure i put in my tires or camber/cluster angle my front left always over-heats during the first lap ive also noticed people are having diff issues with the disc and digital versions of the game