PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Temperature bug ?

Jaymz456
12-05-2015, 13:17
Hi there everyone,
first of all, thanx SMS for this fantastic game you made ! :) Even though there are still some improvements to do, the game is even better than i was expecting (and i was expecting a lot !!).

Just one question though : when i start a Single Race, my tyres temperature is ok (88/90) but my Brakes Temperature is always veeeeeeeeery high (more than 700) so i have to be very careful in the first corners to cool them down. I don't understand why brakes are so hot... in my opinion, that should be the contrary right ? Starting with cold brakes.

So, is it a bug, or something i can adjust ? Thanx for your answer ! ;)

mantukas334
12-05-2015, 13:51
700 is normal, but if stig keeps nagging you about cooling brakes then open brake ducts little more

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 13:54
Hi there everyone,
first of all, thanx SMS for this fantastic game you made ! :) Even though there are still some improvements to do, the game is even better than i was expecting (and i was expecting a lot !!).

Just one question though : when i start a Single Race, my tyres temperature is ok (88/90) but my Brakes Temperature is always veeeeeeeeery high (more than 700) so i have to be very careful in the first corners to cool them down. I don't understand why brakes are so hot... in my opinion, that should be the contrary right ? Starting with cold brakes.

That sounds like you could see the temperature somewhere. Maybe I'm blind but where can you see this?

PerFixAlot
12-05-2015, 14:01
That sounds like you could see the temperature somewhere. Maybe I'm blind but where can you see this?

It depends on the car, but on most cars it is in the Motec display.
It varies from car to car what it shows and what Motec screen it is showing on.

I don't know what the explanation is for warm brakes at race start, but if you pit and have repairs enabled the brakes get replaced and suddenly you start with cold brakes. In most cars it won't be so bad, but in the Prototype on Le Mans you will see a lot of people struggling with braking after a pit stop at the end of the straights, so remember to check the temps and brake much earlier the first lap after a pit stop.

Jaymz456
12-05-2015, 19:49
Yes, you can see the brake temperature with the Motec in some cars, or directly with the real time telemetric system ;).
I noticed that this "problem" occurs with Alpine LPMP2 car. Breaks should be at 300/400 on the starting grid, but are already overheating instead... strange.

By th way, if we can clearly see the Tyre Temperature as well, is there a way to see how much the tyres are used ? I mean, is there some kind of % somewhere or else that can let us know how much the tyres are down ? Thanx ! :)

Umer Ahmad
12-05-2015, 19:55
No, there is no tyre Wear indicator in the game but the data API does output the wear data so if you are on PC you can use external apps to track tyre wear rate in realtime

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 20:26
And as if by magic link (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html) to the apps available.

Not all of the developers of the apps are on the forum yet so if you have any problems we'll try and help as best we can.

Pete

hkraft300
13-05-2015, 18:11
Flick through the HUD there's a telemetry screen, with tire and brake temps on every corner, suspension movement, engine power etc...

Handy to keep an eye on your parameters. Reckon the Stig's off to the pub while I'm on track...

sVig
13-05-2015, 18:25
Yep, in the telemetry. I got mine cooking last night...

wheatley1405
13-05-2015, 19:44
These Apps just for PC users?

Blackvault
13-05-2015, 20:57
These Apps just for PC users?

Yes they are indeed.

Pete

Casey Ringley
13-05-2015, 22:45
Hi there everyone,

At race start things are pre-heated as if you just finished a formation lap to warm up the tires & brakes. Could be you are on a car with carbon-carbon (Formula A, any LMP-1 or -2) which likes them being much hotter than iron brakes.