PDA

View Full Version : Time trial ghosts not appearing

Leonan
12-05-2015, 13:21
Hello,

I'm trying to get the 'Exorcist' trophy, where you have to beat a ghost from the time trial leaderboards. However, when I do a time trial and select 'Leaderboard' as my ghost type, no ghost appears on the track. Is there a minimum number of laps I have to do to get the ghost to appear? Am I not quick enough?

A ghost does appear when I select 'best in session', but that doesn't get me the trophy.

Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated.

Roger Prynne
12-05-2015, 13:33
Doesn't the ghost start on the second lap? I haven't raced against a ghost for some time now so I cant remember.

flymar
12-05-2015, 13:37
Nope. Normal ghost show up at the start of first lap. Best in session could appear after 1st clean lap.
I got the achievement done with choosing 3 ghosts of my chosen car drives.

Leonan
12-05-2015, 14:01
When I chose 'best in session' the ghost appeared after my first clean lap. But when I chose 'Leaderboard' no ghost appeared even after doing 4 clean laps in a row.

Leonan
12-05-2015, 14:11
I am very sorry. I got it to work. I didn't realise that I had to go across to the leaderboard and manually select a ghost to race against. I assumed the game would choose one for me based on my own lap times :o

buziii
20-05-2015, 23:15
I can never get a ghost to appear. I've tried my personal best, leaderboard, etc. Is there a setting somewhere that turns that feature on and off?

Roger Prynne
21-05-2015, 00:09
^^^ In Time Trial there is a tile at the bottom of that screen to choose the ghost you want (you can choose up to 3 at a time)... only in Time Trial though.

CPS-3
21-05-2015, 00:11
It only works with the top 30, you have to press r1 and when you select someone, press triangle.

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 00:44
When I chose 'best in session' the ghost appeared after my first clean lap. But when I chose 'Leaderboard' no ghost appeared even after doing 4 clean laps in a row.

Thats because you have to manually choose which ghosts on the leaderboards to use, when yoy choose that option.

But it doesn't really matter as most if not all of those recorded ghosts cheat to get those fast times by cutting the corners, driving off track.

buziii
21-05-2015, 01:22
I can use one of the top 30 as a ghost, but when I choose "My Personal Best", the ghost doesn't show up, even though my personal best is showing up in the Leaderboard.

djdest
27-05-2015, 11:01
When I first did time trial I could use all of the ghosts (choosing one from the leaderboard, my session best, my personal best etc) and they all worked correctly.
Now it doesn't matter which type I try, none of them ever show up on the track any more :(

JessicaWalter
08-06-2015, 11:18
does anyone know a trick to get personal ghosts to save? the first few i did are saved but now none of my new times (at different tracks with different cars) give me ghosts.

my ghosts stopped saving after i did a clean lap at nordschleife in the 72D. now my lap at oulten isl in the e30 didn't save and a good number of others that i cant remember off the top.

wwc
02-06-2017, 01:00
Ghosts still dont save (2 years later). Do they need a few more years to work it out, or...????

I've been searching for this, and someone suggested doing a clean lap after the time you wish to be saved as your ghost lap, but that doesnt work either.

If there is some hack or something I'm missing let me know, please. A few of my laps were saved where I was fairly high up the leaderboard, but nothing else was.

Sankyo
03-06-2017, 18:44
Ghosts still dont save (2 years later). Do they need a few more years to work it out, or...????

I've been searching for this, and someone suggested doing a clean lap after the time you wish to be saved as your ghost lap, but that doesnt work either.

If there is some hack or something I'm missing let me know, please. A few of my laps were saved where I was fairly high up the leaderboard, but nothing else was.

Haven't heard of this bug, could you give details? You're referring to Time Trial ghosts?