PDA

View Full Version : 4-One Gaming first impressions: Project CARS

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 13:25
Afternoon all,

To briefly introduce myself, I'm an admin over at 4-One Gaming, a small video game media group. Our latest piece involved getting to grips with Project CARS and writing up on our first impressions. We would be grateful for any feedback on the article, thanks.

http://*******/1dZ55nw

MysterG
12-05-2015, 13:28
Seems a very fair and honest review to me.

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 13:30
We try and stay as neutral as possible when writing articles of this sort. Project CARS was easily my most anticipated game of the new-generation so far so I did find it quite difficult to subdue my personal affection. Appreciate the feedback =D

Rhime
12-05-2015, 13:46
I'm confused..isn't this a console review and should be put in the console forums?

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 13:59
Not so much as a review as it is a general first impressions of the game. I would only be inclined to "review" the game having spent a lot more time with it experiencing as much of the various features as I could.

However that said I was unaware that I was posting to a platform specific forum, could you please re-direct me to the console forums?

I've also posted to the platform specific forums, appreciate the heads up

MysterG
12-05-2015, 14:07
We'd rather not have multiple, identical threads please.

I'll move this one to the XB1 section to preserve the feedback and remove the other 2.

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 14:10
Okay, thank you

ARusling
12-05-2015, 14:12
I read this when you posted it to your FB page, well done! I honestly think you should consider getting a wheel like the Thrustmaster TX, it really brings the game to life :D

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 14:13
Well... There IS something wrong with the game so I would wait and write a new article when the game has been patched, hoping that it solves it...

That said, I just finished driving round cadwell woodland in various cars, and there sure are moments of wonderful petrolhead nirvana, but its all in a haze of fear and holding back because of the control issues :(

But... Fix that and I might never stop driving my little G40! :)

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 14:30
I read this when you posted it to your FB page, well done! I honestly think you should consider getting a wheel like the Thrustmaster TX, it really brings the game to life :D

I would absolutely love a decent wheel, if you go to the website we have a link for donations ;) thanks in advance.

Northern Angels
12-05-2015, 14:31
Well... There IS something wrong with the game so I would wait and write a new article when the game has been patched, hoping that it solves it...

That said, I just finished driving round cadwell woodland in various cars, and there sure are moments of wonderful petrolhead nirvana, but its all in a haze of fear and holding back because of the control issues :(

But... Fix that and I might never stop driving my little G40! :)

There's a few issues we're aware of that don't really affect the handling model, that said I've personally had some glitchy moments. This was strictly a first impressions post based on what we have so far. A further review may well be written in the future. Thanks