PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX - Default FFB is Non-Existent Compared to PC/PS4. (Check Post #1)

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 13:30
EDIT: Possible Workaround

Dudes, reset all of your changes in the main FFB area (click Y to reset) if you've made any and bump up:

Tire Scale: 120

Deadzone Removal Range to .60

Deadzone Removal Falloff to .06 (match this slider to the one above)

Alternatively you can go 100 .50 .05. The key is to make sure the Falloff slider lines up with Removal Range.

Thanks to Big Al for Post #11 in this thread. His comment set us on the right track. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...HX-Wheel/page2

Again, this is not THE fix, it's simply the best band-aid I could find until they bring a patch out for us.

If anyone posts something that improves this I'll be sure to add it to this OP.

Original Post

I've played Project CARS on PC and now on Xbox One. The FFB out of the box is fantastic on the PC. On the X1 console it's terrible. The wheel is dead in the middle. The only time I'm feeling feedback is at the edge of the wheel lock, and even then it's pretty pathetic.

I've used the exact same calibration method for both platforms (done it multiple times on each) and the PC version is much much better. I've compared multiple car/tracks combos on both platforms and the PC version is much much better.

The guy at Inside Sim Racing TV recently mentioned in one of his FFB setup videos that he thought the X1 version was on the light side. See 1:43. He also mentioned he thought PS4 was on the heavy side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOdRTB4njY

Although this thread mentions a workaround, it doesn't work for me. It also has a bunch of posts from other X1/TX users that are not experiencing FFB as it was intended by the devs. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-!

After viewing the video from Inside Racing TV and doing some reading it appears the FFB can be increased by bumping up the settings in the FFB main menu, and by individually tuning FFB for each car. I'm not sure if this is how it was intended by the devs or if this is simply a short term solution to the problem.

So, is this the FFB the X1 version is stuck with, or is this a bug? Please let us know whether or not this is something that will be fixed or if we need to start fiddling with the 30+ FFB settings to fix the game ourselves.

Thanks.

gizziegod
12-05-2015, 13:39
i use a Tx on the xbox and after fiddling for 3 days finally got it to my liking and its really good, the extra settings in the car setup for FFB are what make the difference

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 13:50
i use a Tx on the xbox and after fiddling for 3 days finally got it to my liking and its really good, the extra settings in the car setup for FFB are what make the difference

Which means it's crap. We shouldn't have to adjust all the settings out of the box to feel the car in our hands. It's a short term solution though.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 14:04
I honestly don't know what you are talking about, mate.

I got the TX wheel - did the calibrate by holding the wheel in 5 sec. Seriously - the FFB is now so strong I had to put it down from 100 to 70 in the Control options!

I feel the kerbs and everything - I can't imagine this getting better! The feeling is AMAZING!

Did you calibrate by first turning 90 degrees left and the turn right until you hit 900 degrees? Then holding the wheel while pressing A???

The Monk
12-05-2015, 14:05
I just wish the developer's would acknowledge the FFB problems in detail so we can sit back and patiently wait for a fix instead of spending hours tinkering with settings and scouring the net and forums for answers, it really does feel like I'm flogging a dead horse.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 14:12
I honestly don't know what you are talking about, mate.

I got the TX wheel - did the calibrate by holding the wheel in 5 sec. Seriously - the FFB is now so strong I had to put it down from 100 to 70 in the Control options!

I feel the kerbs and everything - I can't imagine this getting better! The feeling is AMAZING!

Did you calibrate by first turning 90 degrees left and the turn right until you hit 900 degrees? Then holding the wheel while pressing A???

Confirmed that you're happy. Glad you're enjoying the game. Do enjoy.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'm not experiencing what you are. Did you read my post? I have played this on PC and now on X1 and the X1 is vastly inferior for me. It's not even close. This isn't a minute difference.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for your experience, I am just as excited when I play it on PC, but you're not experiencing what we are.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 14:13
I have done all those things, it simply doesnt work for some of us which is why we're spending hours on here looking for a fix, believe me I'd much rather be half way through my PCars career than here pissing about

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 14:18
Exactly. Our racing league has 16 drivers, 10 of which use the TX wheel, none of them are getting the robust FFB out of the box. The only way to get some feel in the wheel is to mess with the 30+ settings on the main menu and fiddle with the FFB tuning of each car. This is not how it should be.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 14:21
Exactly. Our racing league has 16 drivers, 10 of which use the TX wheel, none of them are getting the robust FFB out of the box. The only way to get some feel in the wheel is to mess with the 30+ setting on the main menu and fiddle with the FFB tuning of each car. This is not how it should be. I totally agree. Lets hear something from the developer's on the issue so we know we're not wasting our time on here!!

leftturney
12-05-2015, 15:04
First post here.. but yeah, having the same issues with a Tx wheel. I don't know if it matters but I am on 48B firmware. Feedback is very light out of the box. I have calibrated the wheel in game. I spent about 3 hours last night and tuned most of it out to what feels right and am getting close to good settings. I can now feel rumble strips and a good amount of aligning torque in the corners but if I take the car off road through the grass it is smooth and I still feel nothing even when you can clearly see the car bouncing around.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 15:53
Posting to chime in. Out of the box the FFB is very light. Spent the first 4 hours of the game trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Had to move tire force to 150 and master scale to 150 and now it is somewhat strong. Still no feeling of lateral movement within the car.

We shouldn't have to find a workaround for this FFB because it is vastly better on PC. And the FFB is in the game, why cant we just have it as it was intended.

FederalHercules
12-05-2015, 15:55
Adding my vote for getting a response from the SMS as to what is intended. Compared to Forza, the out of the box setup is very disappointing. And while its great they provided 30+ settings to adjust, I would personally rather spend my time on the car setup, not the wheel setup.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 16:11
Shot in the dark but I'll be trying this later today. If anyone wants to test it in the meantime and report back that would be great.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00148.pdf

g33k hack3rs
12-05-2015, 16:39
I have the same experience that the ffb seems very light compared to my expectations. Minor tweaking to adjust for personal preferences is expected but having almost no feedback at all is definitely strange.

Manic DBB
12-05-2015, 16:43
I had the same experience last night. I spent a couple of hours adjusting settings, but I have not got it near to my satisfaction yet.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 17:39
Shot in the dark but I'll be trying this later today. If anyone wants to test it in the meantime and report back that would be great.

That is exactly what I have done and it could be why I feel the FFB so strong I had to turn it down from 100 to 70.

PowerCRUX
12-05-2015, 17:42
Hi guys...for me too the ffb seems very light compared to my expectations.I can not believe that the Forza's FFB is more powerful.We need a solution...

PowerCRUX
12-05-2015, 17:43
Hi guys...for me too the ffb seems very light compared to my expectations.I can not believe that the Forza's FFB is more powerful.We need a solution...!The game is fantastic..but the experience must be improved.

PowerCRUX
12-05-2015, 17:44
Sorry for my english...i'm italian boy..:cool:

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 17:47
Have you tried different tracks and cars? Some tracks have kerbs that don't even register on the telemetry. Try the atom 500 at Watkins Glen gp. Turn on the telemetry at look at the Graf that represents inputs to the wheel if it moves you should have a response in the wheel. There is one kerb that is flat here too.

I have my tire force at 165 still may have to up it

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 17:48
Yes. Tried different cars and tracks. Again, I've played this game on my pc. This issue is real.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 17:50
That is exactly what I have done and it could be why I feel the FFB so strong I had to turn it down from 100 to 70.

Good to hear. Will try later.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 18:12
Have you tried different tracks and cars? Some tracks have kerbs that don't even register on the telemetry. Try the atom 500 at Watkins Glen gp. Turn on the telemetry at look at the Graf that represents inputs to the wheel if it moves you should have a response in the wheel. There is one kerb that is flat here too.

I have my tire force at 165 still may have to up it

The issue is not from the curbs. Its from the FFB as a whole in the game, it is just not up to par on the X1. And that is our point exactly. We shouldn't have to turn tire force and master scale up all the way just to get on par FFB.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 18:56

Tried this. No luck. Still feels dead.

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 18:59
Yes. Tried different cars and tracks. Again, I've played this game on my pc. This issue is real.

I have too I wasn't very happy with the ffb in either but I like my wheel lighter than most so it is more enjoyable on the xbox.

leftturney
12-05-2015, 20:29
Will someone please try my settings out? I'm getting close I think. Only took 5 hours. Still missing feedback on the straights but this is a good start I think.

Note that these settings will leave your forearms hurting after 12 laps in a kart. (IMO from my karting experience, that's realistic) Not too hard for road cars... ehh just try them and tell me how crappy they are:

Tire Force:200
Per wheel movement:.05
per wheel movement squared: .05
wheel pos smoothing: .05
deadzone removal range: .10
deadzone removal falloff: .01
Linkage scale: .05
Linkage stiffness: 1.00
Linkage Damping: 1.00
Relative adjust gain: 1.40
relative adjust bleed 1.40
relative adjust clamp 2.00
scoop knee: .5
scoop reduction: .45
soft clipping half: 0.0
soft clipping full: 0.0

Use the generic Force Feedback control in Controls > Configuration to scale it down if you need to.

I think I am close on this one, just trying to work out a little more bumpiness from the speed now.

Let me know if these settings are crap or not.

TuskegeePilot42
12-05-2015, 20:30
Hello Guys and Project car reps ,
This game has just released in the U.S. and I can confirm there is a problem with the force feedback . Just as the guys who use the controller can feel the rumble in the triggers when starting from a complete stop and when slamming on the brakes they feel a rumble from the tires scrubbing in Forza 5 . This feature is lost in project cars for some reason. when I burn out from a complete start in a race I can feel the rumble in the triggers on the controller as the font or rear tires scrub the pavement in Forza 5, also went you get in a turn and the tires are slipping the rumble appears ., hit the handbrake slide sideways the rumble appears again . Not so in project cars , I not saying there is no force feed back at all , because I can feel the curbs and rumble strips well and the force of the car swaying ETC. But the rumble from the tires scrubbing is lost completely .As some others may agree it is an important feature to those who race hard and clean. Getting 2 or 3 wide in a turn and not feeling the tires is a terrible thing. I have when through all the above atemmps of recalibrating the wheel changing settings , resetting the USB ports . still no Rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am using the Thrustmaster tx 458 and no rumble!!!!

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 20:37
Hello Guys and Project car reps ,
This game has just released in the U.S. and I can confirm there is a problem with the force feedback . Just as the guys who use the controller can feel the rumble in the triggers when starting from a complete stop and when slamming on the brakes they feel a rumble from the tires scrubbing in Forza 5 . This feature is lost in project cars for some reason. when I burn out from a complete start in a race I can feel the rumble in the triggers on the controller as the font or rear tires scrub the pavement in Forza 5, also went you get in a turn and the tires are slipping the rumble appears ., hit the handbrake slide sideways the rumble appears again . Not so in project cars , I not saying there is no force feed back at all , because I can feel the curbs and rumble strips well and the force of the car swaying ETC. But the rumble from the tires scrubbing is lost completely .As some others may agree it is an important feature to those who race hard and clean. Getting 2 or 3 wide in a turn and not feeling the tires is a terrible thing. I have when through all the above atemmps of recalibrating the wheel changing settings , resetting the USB ports . still no Rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I am using the Thrustmaster tx 458 and no rumble!!!!

You can get more rumble from tuning the FFB of each car. Go to the SoP (Seat of Pants) setting and turn those way up. Try 100/70/100/0 (I read this on another forum). You need to do this for every f'n car.

Still doesn't fix the shit FFB though. Just fiddled with some stuff again and it feels terrible. Really sad to play it on PC (mostly single player) and then move to X1 to play it with friends and it's totally different.

TuskegeePilot42
12-05-2015, 20:48
You can get more rumble from tuning the FFB of each car. Go to the SoP (Seat of Pants) setting and turn those way up. Try 100/70/100/0 (I read this on another forum). You need to do this for every f'n car.

Still doesn't fix the shit FFB though. Just fiddled with some stuff again and it feels terrible. Really sad to play it on PC (mostly single player) and then move to X1 to play it with friends and it's totally different.

I`ll try it and report back Sir !!!! Thank you for the quick reply!!!!!

ashasha
12-05-2015, 21:55
I spent some time last night messing with it, gave up. Came home from work, wasted more time. The FFB is almost completely non-existent. Not sure about which menu to bother tweaking inside of, but maxed out I can get a hint of it, but I have no idea what the car is doing. I can feel it get light right about the time that it lifts from the ground and would kill me.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 22:05
Doing this to get something. Not the experience I'm getting on PC but it's something.

All Default If not Listed.

Main Settings Screen:

Tire Force: Max (200)

Each Car:

Master Scale: 120

All FX Scale: 102.01

arm Angle: 1000

Body Scale: 2.00

Body Longitudinal Scale: 2.00

SOP Scale: 120

Sop Lateral Scale: 90

SoP Diff. Scale: 120

Sop Daming: 0

Primo
12-05-2015, 22:31
This is my first post on these forums.
I have the PS4 version using the t300rs and the Xbox one version using the tx wheel
The ffb on the PS4 is great, really powerful, detailed, even with the default setting. If you adjust any setting whether it is in the global settings or in the car settings you feel a change in the wheel behaviour.
I have both Forza 5 and GT 6 and the ffb in project cars is far superior on the PS4.
Unfortunately the blurred/ double graphics on the PS4 on my Samsung TV means the experience is spoiled on the PS4.
I decided to get the Xbox version as the blurred graphics is not a problem on this console. Unfortunately the ffb is flawed. Comparing it directly to the T300rs there is little to no feel or information delivered through the wheel. It is night and day a complete difference.
I have tried holding the wheel at 90 degrees, as others have had success with this but for me this does not work.
I have uninstalled deleting my saved data, letting the game fully install before downloading the patch and also installing the patch as the disk is inserted into the console.
I have altered the master, tire,fx,fy various setting in all menus but find it impossible to get anything like the detailed ffb enjoyed on the PS4.
The firmware on both wheels is the latest on the Thrustmaster site.
So with the cost of two consoles two wheels and two versions of the game I am still unable to enjoy Project Cars.

JakeFitz24
12-05-2015, 22:33
Doing this to get something. Not the experience I'm getting on PC but it's something.

Main Settings Screen:

Each Car:

I like these setting just a little too all over the place i feel like ts destroying my wheel lol.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 22:52
@Jake

I know what you mean. Just trying to get something working as a band-aid until SMS fix the issue.

As for the power, I'm trying to replicate what the wheel feels like on PC. You actually get a very robust resistance when using the default FFB settings.

These settings aren't perfect. Merely posting a little something so people can have a little bit of feel in the wheel.

TuskegeePilot42
12-05-2015, 22:52

Tried it . It`still a NO -Go , No rumble when braking , No rumble when Accelerating from a stop, or sliding in a turn . All rumble capabilities gone , it needs a patch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawker Fury
12-05-2015, 23:11
Hey guys

I have the latest firmware on TX 458 and an 18.5G game file. Calibrated both the described ways (holding and not holding wheel), USB reset and like you all say, straight out of the box there is virtually no FFB.
I have got my tyre force at 140. All other setting as standard. That I find that gives a decent amount of weight to the wheel.
I started with the wheel at 900deg rotation but it was too vague for me. I didn't want to have to turn so much to get around the hairpins. I currently like it at 540deg with the appropriate linearity setting (3 flashes)
I have spent easily 10 hrs plus f?&@!g around with settings and trying different cars on different tracks. I have tried most suggested setups from threads on forums.

When I drive on most curbs I get light rumble-fine. On grass I get the bumps-fine. Dropping over a curb whilst cornering the wheel goes light-fine. Loading the car up latterly from side to side weights the wheel progressively-fine. Increase speaks also adds to that feeling-fine. On bumpy track like Donnington down to the old hairpin I can feel the bumps in the road-fine.
However when I lock the brakes the steering weight doesn't decrease. When turning on grass with full lock and going straight ahead the weight doesn't decrease and when the tyres are audibly scrubbing across the track with massive understeer the weight doesn't decrease.

I have tried every possible combo of Fx Fy etc etc but nothing will make that happen. Knowing weather or not the front end has grip is THE most important part of FFB.

Could you guys please say if what I've described is also the case for you?? I'm going mad. I don't see how it can feel this way and how it can't have been spotted in testing??
I know this wheel subject is very subjective to personal preference so I have included what I hope is enough detail to describe my feelings. It would be great to hear from others on this subject

Cheers

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 23:54
Again, this isn't the FFB I feel on PC but it's another band-aid option while we wait for an SMS fix. If you guys like this one I'll add it to the opening post. Credit goes to Mr. Stella Stig. I watched his You Tube video and wrote down the numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrDw5t932tc

If you use this and make some quality adjustments please post them here so we can all take advantage of your fine work. Thanks!

Stella Stig FFB

Steering Sensitivity 0-40
Throttle Sensitivity 0-100
Brake Sensitivity 0-100

Force Feedback Main Screen
--------------------------

Tire Force: 200
Per Wheel Movement: 0.35
Per Wheel Movement Squared: 0.35
Wheel Positioning Smoothing: 0.05
Deadzone Removal Range: 0.15
Deadzone Removal Falloff: 0.10

Linkage Scale: 0.25
Linkage Stiffness: 0.25
Linkage Dampening: 100

Relative Adjust Gain: 0.98
"" Bleed: 0.10
"" Clamp: 0.96

Scope Knee: 0.70
Scope Reduction: 0.10

Soft Clipping (Half): 0.10
Soft Clipping (Full Output): 0.00

Car Tuning Menu
---------------

Master Scale: 30

FX Scale: 116.00
Fy Scale: 100.01
Fz Scale: 120.00
Mz Scale: 100.01

FX Smoothing: 0.0
Fy Smoothing: 0.0
Fz Smoothing: 0.0
MZ Smoothing: 0.0

Arm Angle: 1000

ashasha
13-05-2015, 02:43
That just about summed up exactly what I am experiencing. There is absolutely no weight to the wheel except when I am flying down a straight and that is with tons of tweaking. I hope that its something simply being disabled in the code because I am liking the game play.
Hey guys

I have the latest firmware on TX 458 and an 18.5G game file. Calibrated both the described ways (holding and not holding wheel), USB reset and like you all say, straight out of the box there is virtually no FFB.
I have got my tyre force at 140. All other setting as standard. That I find that gives a decent amount of weight to the wheel.
I started with the wheel at 900deg rotation but it was too vague for me. I didn't want to have to turn so much to get around the hairpins. I currently like it at 540deg with the appropriate linearity setting (3 flashes)
I have spent easily 10 hrs plus f?&@!g around with settings and trying different cars on different tracks. I have tried most suggested setups from threads on forums.

When I drive on most curbs I get light rumble-fine. On grass I get the bumps-fine. Dropping over a curb whilst cornering the wheel goes light-fine. Loading the car up latterly from side to side weights the wheel progressively-fine. Increase speaks also adds to that feeling-fine. On bumpy track like Donnington down to the old hairpin I can feel the bumps in the road-fine.
However when I lock the brakes the steering weight doesn't decrease. When turning on grass with full lock and going straight ahead the weight doesn't decrease and when the tyres are audibly scrubbing across the track with massive understeer the weight doesn't decrease.

I have tried every possible combo of Fx Fy etc etc but nothing will make that happen. Knowing weather or not the front end has grip is THE most important part of FFB.

Could you guys please say if what I've described is also the case for you?? I'm going mad. I don't see how it can feel this way and how it can't have been spotted in testing??
I know this wheel subject is very subjective to personal preference so I have included what I hope is enough detail to describe my feelings. It would be great to hear from others on this subject

Cheers

The Monk
13-05-2015, 03:36
Hey guys

Cheers
Im having the same trouble with my tx wheel, I'm desperate for some acknowledgement of the problem from the devs but dont seem to be getting anywhere. I think this is a bigger issue than they realise

Hawker Fury
13-05-2015, 11:56
Great thanks for confirming we are all on the same page at least, that's good to know. Not great however that this is the case in the first place :(

I tried the setup from post number 31 at the top of this page. Felt quite heavy but was at least ok heavy. Nice definition of curbs bumps and grass but still no fern back of tyre grip.

Also I have seen some people in this thread asking about button mapping and thought I'd share a little trick with you if you didn't know about it.
Basically map any button you want (but still limited by the wheel to not have lsb and rsb) to any command. Then instead of pressing B to back out and save press the start button to enter the quick drop down menu. From there select options and help. This will take you to the main option screen where you can back out to the game. I tried it last night and it really does work. Not sure if those setting will still be there tonight tho??

Cheers

DChaps
13-05-2015, 12:13
Hey guys

Cheers

Yes, this is exactly my experience as well. I have tried calibrating both ways. I have tried some of the settings posted here, and I have tried tweaking each car individually. So far nothing is really doing it for me. Very frustrating to have to spend this much time trying to get a decent feel, especially since the Thrustmaster TX is by far the most widely used wheel for Xbox One. It just does not feel connected to the road and what I am doing. Like other posters have described, it feels like I am steering a boat, not a car. It was not like this for me on the PC, although there I am using a Logitech G27. I know a lot of people don't like the forece feedback in Forza 5, but if I was able to get Project Cars FFB and steering to even be a little like Forza 5, I would be happy.

I know the Devs are super busy, but some acknowledgement of the proper calibration would be great. Likewise, while I know Project Cars has way more tweaks and options than any console game has ever had, and each individuals wants/likes can be different, it would be great if a Dev or Xbox One tester could post the settings they used for the Thrustmaster TX wheel. Thanks in advance!

slant6mind
13-05-2015, 13:46
FFB was also weak initially on my Thrustmaster 458 Italia on XONE. Followed posters suggestions to use the in-game calibration tool, and then the raise the FFB values in the options screen and it is working very well.

Hawker Fury
13-05-2015, 14:10
Slant6mind

I think on behalf of everyone in this thread I would be correct in saying that the problem is no longer a weak FFB feeling. We have all dialed in enough resistance to make us happy and even increased or decreased certain effects that we would like to feel more or less. The problem is there is no FFB Signal being sent to the wheel to replicate a partial or even total loss of tyre grip?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I read it..........

This may require a new thread with exactly that as the title to attract more attention?

If your happy with your settings and are enjoying the game then I'm very pleased for you, but with my comment in mind I would be very interested to know if you really can "feel the grip" with your set up. If you can then I bet we would all love to try it ;)
P.S. Rereading that it sounds like a bit of a sarky comment on my behalf, but I really mean it, if you like it I'm glad your enjoying it ����

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 14:46
After spending the night last night having to tweak the FFB tuning of each and every car I drive I'm fed up. We are not getting the same experience the PS4 and PC are getting when using a FFB wheel. I shouldn't have to figure out figures for 30+ FFB settings to enjoy the game. This is bullshit!

Some say the FFB on the PS4 is a little heavy. I'd love that! I could simply turn down the main FFB slider 25% and test it out. I wouldn't have to get a f'n PHD in FFB settings to make the cars drivable.

Can we please get some acknowledgement that SMS know of this issue and are working to address it?

Dynomight Motorsports
13-05-2015, 15:36

Anyway you could share your settings...?

gazza1101
13-05-2015, 17:06
Slant6mind

I think on behalf of everyone in this thread I would be correct in saying that the problem is no longer a weak FFB feeling. We have all dialed in enough resistance to make us happy and even increased or decreased certain effects that we would like to feel more or less. The problem is there is no FFB Signal being sent to the wheel to replicate a partial or even total loss of tyre grip?

This may require a new thread with exactly that as the title to attract more attention?

If your happy with your settings and are enjoying the game then I'm very pleased for you, but with my comment in mind I would be very interested to know if you really can "feel the grip" with your set up. If you can then I bet we would all love to try it ;)
P.S. Rereading that it sounds like a bit of a sarky comment on my behalf, but I really mean it, if you like it I'm glad your enjoying it ����

Yes this is the problem I have, the force feedback is strong enough, it just is not correct, I have no idea how much grip I have as the steering weight does not change and also I get little or no feedback from kerb's, but I do if i go well over the kerb's on to the astro turf..I am also using the TX wheel...I think a fix may take a while because this is not in the patch that will be released in the next week or so as far as I can tell, are the mods aware of this problem?

Raven403
13-05-2015, 17:16
Slant6mind

Consider this my correcting you. The problem is the fact that right off the bat, right after calibration, there is virtually NO FFB strength at all. Yes after you go in a fiddle and play with all these individual settings yes you get some resistance but if you've played this game on PC like I have you know its NOTHING compared to that strength. Not ONLY that, but you have to turn so many settings up just to get input. That is not right, and THAT is the core issue. The reason you cannot feel all the little things you should (and do on pc with no adjustments other than master scale) is because something is not right in the translation to the Wheel from Xbox, something is not right.

Just wanted to help you understand thats what we mean, some guys like a very light feel and some like a lot of resistance, unfortunately for the latter that is just not possible, nor do I think ANYONE is getting the proper FFB on console. You may not know any better if Forza is your only benchmark because Forza's FFB was TERRIBLE. I have Pcars on both PC and Xbox and im not exaggerating when I say it is a Night and Day difference. Once you drove it on PC you would know theres clearly something wrong with the X1 version.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:19
Confirmed that you're happy. Glad you're enjoying the game. Do enjoy.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'm not experiencing what you are. Did you read my post? I have played this on PC and now on X1 and the X1 is vastly inferior for me. It's not even close. This isn't a minute difference.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for your experience, I am just as excited when I play it on PC, but you're not experiencing what we are.

YES!!

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:22
Consider this my correcting you. The problem is the fact that right off the bat, right after calibration, there is virtually NO FFB strength at all. Yes after you go in a fiddle and play with all these individual settings yes you get some resistance but if you've played this game on PC like I have you know its NOTHING compared to that strength. Not ONLY that, but you have to turn so many settings up just to get input. That is not right, and THAT is the core issue. The reason you cannot feel all the little things you should (and do on pc with no adjustments other than master scale) is because something is not right in the translation to the Wheel from Xbox, something is not right.

Just wanted to help you understand thats what we mean, some guys like a very light feel and some like a lot of resistance, unfortunately for the latter that is just not possible, nor do I think ANYONE is getting the proper FFB on console. You may not know any better if Forza is your only benchmark because Forza's FFB was TERRIBLE. I have Pcars on both PC and Xbox and im not exaggerating when I say it is a Night and Day difference. Once you drove it on PC you would know theres clearly something wrong with the X1 version.

THANK YOU FOR CORRECTING THIS PERSON, HE DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME--MY FFB IS LIKE SUPER POWER STEERING, NO FEEL!!!

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:24
Slant6mind

This is a very irresponsible post and should be deleted! Please speak only for yourself, my FFB is NOT working properly and needs a fix!

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 17:32
Changed thread title to "Default FFB" to better represent the issue.

Aldo Zampatti
13-05-2015, 17:33
Please calm down a little guys.

And remind that 2 different persons might have different feelings/idea what FFB should be. That is why it is so tweakable in PCARS ;)

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 17:34

And remind that 2 different persons might have different feelings/idea what FFB should be. That is why it is so tweakable in PCARS ;)

You're wrong. I have played this on my PC and on my X1 and the X1 version is not working properly.

HEF51
13-05-2015, 17:36
I think people are getting the wrong idea. The FFB should be strong and right, right out of the box right after calibration and heading to the track. We shouldnt have to be fiddling with 30+ FFB setting just to get it feeling strong but does still not feel right. Those settings should be for FINE TUNING your FFB experience not correcting it.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 18:00

Main Settings Screen:

Each Car:

Even though after 2 nights--a total of 7 hours of FFB and no playing--I swore to myself I was just going to play and enjoy, I am trying these tonight. :)

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 18:08
I'm not using those anymore. A few of the guys I race with have been using the most recent update from Stella Stig. It feels "okay". Still nothing like PC and not a replacement. You can find the details here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joDSaUXxZFk

Just to reiterate to SMS people watching this. Those settings and any other settings I try are not the same as playing with default FFB on PC. I don't feel the car getting away from me. It doesn't feel natural. It's something while we wait but it's not the experience we deserve. We should not have to tweak and tweak and tweak to get the lack of FFB to our desired preference.

Aldo Zampatti can call this a feature, I call it a bug. A feature is being able to take the out of the box FFB and make some changes to suit our driving style and preference. Blindly throwing settings at the wall is not a feature.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 18:09
I realize I am slowly becoming a nuisance on these FFB threads, but I keep reading incorrect statements from people who cannot possibly be experiencing what I am. If they were, their comments would look like mine. This time from a mod?

Let me paint a picture, since words just don't seem to suffice in this situation:

A common car stereo, something with which all of us are familiar, has at least a BASS and a TREBLE setting. You can "fine tune" the sound to your liking, its fantastic! However, if for some reason the volume wouldn't go above barely audible, it wouldn't matter how much bass or treble settings you played with--BECAUSE YOU CANT FREAKIN HEAR IT TO BEGIN WITH!!!

My FFB problem is akin to the volume problem--NOT THE BASS/TREBLE ADJUSTMENT PROBLEM!

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 18:12
I'm not using those anymore. A few of the guys I race with have been using the most recent update from Stella Stig. It feels "okay". Still nothing like PC and not a replacement. You can find the details here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joDSaUXxZFk

Damn. Still gonna try your USB reset even though you said its worthless--I think I would try snake oil at this point :)

Raven403
13-05-2015, 18:14

Yeah No its not right. I have it on PC and X1 and it is not right on X1. The feeling on PC is lightyears ahead of what it is on Xbox. And 'Tweaking' should be exactlty that, not having to change 30 settings in your FFB options to get it to work. Your right, some people have different ides of what FFB is, which is why this thread is getting bogged down because people in the Xbox thread dont know what the PC FFB feels like. Or like I said before, they have a game with TERRIBLE FFB as their benchmark. Ch1ps n Queso and myself BOTH have this on both platforms and are in 100% agreement something is wrong.

I posted this earlier but Ill say it again. When I calibrated on PC, Step 2 holding at 90 Degrees my wheel read 360 degrees. My Wheel is set to 900 in my Control Panel. When I did the Calibration on Xbox in step 2 the wheel reading was 900. Dont know if its relevant but thats my experience.

FederalHercules
13-05-2015, 18:35

I think what folks would really like is some acknowledgement from SMS that they are looking into it. I know of three folks that have the Thrustmaster TX wheel and have Project Cars on both the XB1 and the PC. They have repeatedly exclaimed that Project Cars with the TX on the PC was excellent while on the XB1 it was not only different, it felt completely broken

For me, I can only compare it to the FFB of a similar game, Forza Motorsport 5. FM5 wins easily since it is easier to setup, and the FFB is sufficient enough that at all times I know what the car is doing. If something happens, I know what it was, and how I should correct it on the next lap. I can feel the strain of the car when its driven on the edge.

With Project Cars, it has been a crapshoot. After two days of tweaking, I still don't have FFB giving me anything useful about how the car is behaving.

I would like to thank all the XRA folks and other racing fans that have posted numerous settings and suggestions. Since we do have numerous settings we can tweak we can at least Band-Aid the issue for the time being. But it should be noted with emphasis that something is wrong and it should be addressed sooner rather than later.

HEF51
13-05-2015, 20:20
I think what folks would really like is some acknowledgement from SMS that they are looking into it. I know of three folks that have the Thrustmaster TX wheel and have Project Cars on both the XB1 and the PC. They have repeatedly exclaimed that Project Cars with the TX on the PC was excellent while on the XB1 it was not only different, it felt completely broken

For me, I can only compare it to the FFB of a similar game, Forza Motorsport 5. FM5 wins easily since it is easier to setup, and the FFB is sufficient enough that at all times I know what the car is doing. If something happens, I know what it was, and how I should correct it on the next lap. I can feel the strain of the car when its driven on the edge.

With Project Cars, it has been a crapshoot. After two days of tweaking, I still don't have FFB giving me anything useful about how the car is behaving.

I would like to thank all the XRA folks and other racing fans that have posted numerous settings and suggestions. Since we do have numerous settings we can tweak we can at least Band-Aid the issue for the time being. But it should be noted with emphasis that something is wrong and it should be addressed sooner rather than later.

Well said Federal. SMS was quick to acknowledge the controller and framerate issues but have yet to say word about this FFB issue. Which in my eyes is at least just as important as the controller issues.

Some word on this issue sure would be nice.

ashasha
13-05-2015, 20:50
The controller issue is more important than frame rates to me. I can't feel what the car is doing at all. I've got vibration out the ying-yang, but under braking there is absolutely no load and the only feedback I get in a turn is if the tire is bouncing. I do get some FFB when under high speed, but I think that it's too high because it starts to wobble left and right which probably indicates that I have that set poorly. I just don't know if its the body or the FFB Z settings or what right at the moment.

Jon4410
13-05-2015, 21:11

I absolutely agree with you on with the FFB not providing any information on what the car is doing. I have spent hours adjusting settings and managed to get decent weight to the steering, but there is no actual feedback. I cannot tell if a car is understeering, if the brakes have locked up, etc. To me this makes it almost undrivable, since I always have to be guessing what the car is doing. Which is a shame considering how good every other part of the game is.

stitchbob
13-05-2015, 23:15
Another person here that finds the FFB completely lacking in Project Cars on X1 on my TX. It feels so disconnected. Like others, under braking or if the tyres are slipping. Nothing. Hell, I can drive into a gravel pit at 70mph with barely a blip.

It's so disappointing. I've just spent 350 on a wheel setup specifically for this game and I can't feel what the car is doing at all. Feel is everything in a simulation game.

We really shouldn't have to spend hours and hours on settings just to get it to feel 'ok'.

I jumped into FH2 just to reference another game, and even though it's more or less an arcade game the feeling the wheel gave simulated the feel of a car so much better. Straight out the box. No calibration.

I played on the controller for the last week and I see they are fixing the FFB in the impulse triggers but no news from SMS about us wheel owners.

A simple comment from the team if this was an issue being worked on would help. I feel like returning the whole lot, which is a shame as the game shows so much promise and its clearly fixable as the PC owners testify that the game feels great on PC.

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 23:27
Dudes, reset all of your changes in the main FFB area (click Y to reset) if you've made any and bump up "Deadzone Removal Range" to .50. Move Deadzone Removal Falloff to .05. This is removing the dead area in the wheel and it seems to be giving me some more feel without having to adjust 20 other things. Is it comparable to my PC? I don't think so, but it's a start until we get a fix.

Thanks to Big Al for Post #11 in this thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24593-FFB-Breaking-THX-Wheel/page2

In addition to that I'm bumping up the Master Scale of each in car tune to 50+. I'm generally going to 70ish myself, but you can mess with that and see what you like. I did read that if you bump up Master Scale you also want to adjust SoP Scale to match it (second page in car tuning FFB). Not sure if that is needed or not but I'm throwing it out there.

I'll also be trying to bump up Tire Scale a smidge to see what that does.

Again, this is not THE fix, it's simply the best band-aid I could find until they bring a patch out for us.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 23:55
Dudes, reset all of your changes in the main FFB area (click Y to reset) if you've made any and bump up "Deadzone Removal Range" to the .40 - .50. This is removing the dead area in the wheel and it seems to be giving me some more feel without having to adjust 20 other things. Is it comparable to my PC? I don't think so, but it's a start until we get a fix.

Thanks to Big Al for Post #11 in this thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24593-FFB-Breaking-THX-Wheel/page2

In addition to that I'm bumping up the Master Scale of each in car tune to 50+. I'm generally going to 70ish myself, but you can mess with that and see what you like. I did read that if you bump up Master Scale you also want to adjust SoP Scale to match it (second page in car tuning FFB). Not sure if that is needed or not but I'm throwing it out there.

I'll also be trying to bump up Tire Scale a smidge to see what that does.

Are you not getting terrible oscillation at center like I was?

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 23:56
It is there. We are working on fixing that now. Still better than everything else I've tried so far. Me or another gent from our group will post an update if we find something.

Rxhevntt
14-05-2015, 00:19
It is there. We are working on fixing that now. Still better than everything else I've tried so far. Me or another gent from our group will post an update if we find something.

Can I make a suggestion that is really working for me at the moment? Wave the white flag, play a career with the crappy FFB. I have to say, inside from the massive issues, it is really a great drive if you focus on the game instead the frame rate or FFB or countless other issue.. I know it feels like giving up but, for your own sake, have some fun for a while.

BTW, if I haven't already said so--thanks for all your efforts on this. I don't know if you saw but they modified the "known issue" link--at least they acknowledged that the workaround wasn't worth a damn.

I'm doing a Ginetta career--pretty fun stuff. Would love to be a part of the league you seem to be a member of too. It'll be nice when we can talk crap about racing instead of FFB!

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 00:22
Link to the league is in my sig. We race throughout the week but our main series is contested on Sunday night at 8 Eastern. If that time works for you feel free to head to our forum. We are seeking one wheel user to fill the grid. You can head to this link to make sure you meet the requirements (wheel, wired internet, etc).

http://xboxracingassociation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

If you're not interested in that you can add me on XBL. GT is the same as my username on here.

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 00:31
Latest adjustment is to match the Deadzone Removal Falloff slider to the Deadzone Removal Range. So if you have DRR at .50 you will match the slider just underneath it (should be .05). Thanks to Raven for that. This helps remove the shimmy. See post #65 or #1 for more details.

FACT0RY PIL0T
14-05-2015, 00:37
Ok so my tx shakes, and it just randomly will give me diffrent ratios, so it will be to much steering with little wheel movement, then if i restart the free mode at the track not backing out, then it will be lots of wheel movement and no car turning, wt****!!=:^& seriously did this get tested at all on console?

Rxhevntt
14-05-2015, 00:46
Link to the league is in my sig. We race throughout the week but our main series is contested on Sunday night at 8 Eastern. If that time works for you feel free to head to our forum. We are seeking one wheel user to fill the grid. You can head to this link to make sure you meet the requirements (wheel, wired internet, etc).

http://xboxracingassociation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

If you're not interested in that you can add me on XBL. GT is the same as my username on here.

Just registered! Most Sundays are great! I'm pumped.

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 01:31
Saw it and activated you. I'll send you a PM on the league forum.

The new trick I posted is working like a charm.
-------------------------------

Tire Scale 100

Deadzone Removal Range .50

Deadzone Removal Falloff .05 (match the two sliders up exactly)

-------

Turn Master Scale up in car to 50-70

FACT0RY PIL0T
14-05-2015, 02:49
So it seems the save menu is corupting, because I recalibrated the wheel seemed to be good went back changed the view settings then the wheel was garbage Again. -_-

FederalHercules
14-05-2015, 11:56
Big thanks to Mad Al, Ch1ps, and Raven for the best Band-Aid setting I have used so far. Experience has significantly improved to the point where most of the driving is now fun.

As always I continue to look forward to some feedback and confirmation from SMS on this issue..

Chromexnet
14-05-2015, 13:51
I believe I have the same problems with the TX wheel. I do get some sort of force feedback but it just doesn't feel right. There's no feedback on the grip level or what the tires are actually doing. Locking up or sliding doesn't give any feedback. It feels like most of the FFB effects were turned off and you just get some random rumbles. I've tried tried the numerous setups suggested here but they don't really fix the issue. They only change the the strength and type of rumbles you get.

I understand that SMS is probably very busy and working hard with the issues found so far. But I think this FFB problem with most common wheel on X1 is really a show stopper and needs to be analyzed and fixed urgently.

EDIT: Possible Workaround

Dudes, reset all of your changes in the main FFB area (click Y to reset) if you've made any and bump up:

Tire Scale: 120

Deadzone Removal Range to .60

Deadzone Removal Falloff to .06 (match this slider to the one above)

Alternatively you can go 100 .50 .05. The key is to make sure the Falloff slider lines up with Removal Range.

Thanks to Big Al for Post #11 in this thread. His comment set us on the right track. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...HX-Wheel/page2

If anyone posts something that improves this I'll be sure to add it to this OP.

Does this really work for you? I mean do you get some feedback on what the tires are doing with these changes? I tried it and to me it seems that there's a strong 'centering spring' force and not much else. I still get no feedback from the tires. Also if I drive straight and let go of the wheel it starts oscillating rapidly. Does that happen to you?

Rxhevntt
14-05-2015, 13:52
Big thanks to Mad Al, Ch1ps, and Raven for the best Band-Aid setting I have used so far. Experience has significantly improved to the point where most of the driving is now fun.

As always I continue to look forward to some feedback and confirmation from SMS on this issue..

Thanks guys! As vocal as I have been about the FFB issue, it would only be fair to be equally vocal about a good experience. After resorting to prayer and meditation to try and fix the FFB problem (which it could be argued worked lol), I had a blast last night playing with the broken FFB and dead zone Band-Aid as posted by these guys!

Really excited again!

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 13:58
It is not perfect but I think it's the best start we have. Might be another setting to help increase deceleration feedback.

The wheel does oscillate if I let go. I'm racing though so I always have a hand on the wheel.

Rxhevntt
14-05-2015, 14:01
I believe I have the same problems with the TX wheel. I do get some sort of force feedback but it just doesn't feel right. There's no feedback on the grip level or what the tires are actually doing. Locking up or sliding doesn't give any feedback. It feels like most of the FFB effects were turned off and you just get some random rumbles. I've tried tried the numerous setups suggested here but they don't really fix the issue. They only change the the strength and type of rumbles you get.

I understand that SMS is probably very busy and working hard with the issues found so far. But I think this FFB problem with most common wheel on X1 is really a show stopper and needs to be analyzed and fixed urgently.

Does this really work for you? I mean do you get some feedback on what the tires are doing with these changes? I tried it and to me it seems that there's a strong 'centering spring' force and not much else. I still get no feedback from the tires. Also if I drive straight and let go of the wheel it starts oscillating rapidly. Does that happen to you?

Chromexnet,

Your concerns are shared by many; we had a good day yesterday getting some recognition for the issue! You can see the issue proudly displayed in the "Known Issues" list here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(XB1)-Not-for-bug-reporting!

Notice: The workaround is listed
as "potential" as opposed to "Workaround" since its works as well as diet supplements for most of us.

But, in no way is this solution a fix, we are all just so frustrated we have resorted to just slapping on a Band-Aid that will allow us to feel some modicum of enjoyment from the game.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Raven403
14-05-2015, 14:37
It is not perfect but I think it's the best start we have. Might be another setting to help increase deceleration feedback.

The wheel does oscillate if I let go. I'm racing though so I always have a hand on the wheel.

Yeah, It will shimmy on ya if you let if go at times. But without the Deadzone Removal Falloff it shimmys ALL the time, so it def. helps. I can play with some more settings I found today and report back. But for the most part the solution listed in Post #1 is the best 'Quick' easy solution for guys just looking to Play the goddamn game and not play with FFB settings every time you start the game. Im sure there is more that can be done and ways to improve it and If I find any I will post them but I think for at least a little while im going to actually PLAY the game. Hope everyone can use these settings and be able to enjoy it more to make waiting for patches easier on everyone.

Ps there are settings I am gonna play with for the Body scales to try and get more Braking feel in the wheel and Ill post those here if they are noteworthy

It would also be nice to see some Dev input on this too, So far I havent seen anything......

Kingleo
14-05-2015, 16:19
another Pc / X1 user..... and I get your point.

After months of tweaking the FFB on the pc I have almost every car dialed in to how I drive. The wheel has good weight and I can feel the cars under me. I copied all settings to the X1 and nothing..... I can drive with just one finger on the wheel

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:24
another Pc / X1 user..... and I get your point.

After months of tweaking the FFB on the pc I have almost every car dialed in to how I drive. The wheel has good weight and I can feel the cars under me. I copied all settings to the X1 and nothing..... I can drive with just one finger on the wheel
It is indeed a big problem. And still no acknowledgment that it is a problem from SMS.

Kingleo
14-05-2015, 16:56
One thing I am sure of is SMS will get it all sorted out. I just wanted to make sure the problem goes up on there priority.

The reason this game even exists is because of this. Post-release support. think back to the months after shift2 was released. I'm more worried about the lobby issue as this is a Microsoft problem

Hawker Fury
14-05-2015, 17:01
Saw it and activated you. I'll send you a PM on the league forum.

The new trick I posted is working like a charm.
-------------------------------

Tire Scale 100

Deadzone Removal Range .50

Deadzone Removal Falloff .05 (match the two sliders up exactly)

-------

Turn Master Scale up in car to 50-70

Have you noticed (or is it even the case for you) that with these setting the white line in the FFB indication box in the telemetry screen has returned. It's not there permanently just when you turn around a corner. At first it is just a straight line, but if you are travelling too fast and start to scrub the tyres (skid) it then starts to oscillate. It also coincides with the audible screech of the tyres.
Sadly what ever signal it is, it's not getting through to the wheel because it still has no change in the force the TX produces

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 17:06
Have you noticed (or is it even the case for you) that with these setting the white line in the FFB indication box in the telemetry screen has returned. It's not there permanently just when you turn around a corner. At first it is just a straight line, but if you are travelling too fast and start to scrub the tyres (skid) it then starts to oscillate. It also coincides with the audible screech of the tyres.
Sadly what ever signal it is, it's not getting through to the wheel because it still has no change in the force the TX produces

I'll have to check later tonight when I get home. Good spot though. Perhaps there is another slider somewhere that will help us get that missing feedback until SMS resolves the issue with a patch.

MissionBULLITT
14-05-2015, 17:07
Yes, this is exactly my experience as well. I have tried calibrating both ways. I have tried some of the settings posted here, and I have tried tweaking each car individually. So far nothing is really doing it for me. Very frustrating to have to spend this much time trying to get a decent feel, especially since the Thrustmaster TX is by far the most widely used wheel for Xbox One. It just does not feel connected to the road and what I am doing. Like other posters have described, it feels like I am steering a boat, not a car. It was not like this for me on the PC, although there I am using a Logitech G27. I know a lot of people don't like the forece feedback in Forza 5, but if I was able to get Project Cars FFB and steering to even be a little like Forza 5, I would be happy.

I know the Devs are super busy, but some acknowledgement of the proper calibration would be great. Likewise, while I know Project Cars has way more tweaks and options than any console game has ever had, and each individuals wants/likes can be different, it would be great if a Dev or Xbox One tester could post the settings they used for the Thrustmaster TX wheel. Thanks in advance!

Honestly here's my take. They gave us all the FFB options to fiddle with that's great thanks. But they don't tell you how they work together. There is no provided guide for setup no tutorial, they just throw you to the wolves with a empty gun saying figure it out. Nor do the changes you make truly address the underlying issues. I couldn't turn a lap in the Clio Cup until I turned on assists to help compensate for the lack of feeling from the tires. This problem is most evident in the lower class cars I'd say GT4 on down the line. I see they're working on a patch but its not addressing this issue and it's not being acknowledged either. A simple we are looking into this issue stand by for updates would give me some comfort as It's not like I can return my digital copy now.

Kingleo
14-05-2015, 17:47
Honestly here's my take. They gave us all the FFB options to fiddle with that's great thanks. But they don't tell you how they work together. There is no provided guide for setup no tutorial, they just throw you to the wolves with a empty gun saying figure it out. Nor do the changes you make truly address the underlying issues. I couldn't turn a lap in the Clio Cup until I turned on assists to help compensate for the lack of feeling from the tires. This problem is most evident in the lower class cars I'd say GT4 on down the line. I see they're working on a patch but its not addressing this issue and it's not being acknowledged either. A simple we are looking into this issue stand by for updates would give me some comfort as It's not like I can return my digital copy now.

This is a huge issue IMO. Detailed information on each slider is needed. If we have the ability to change it we should know exactly what it happening. Do anybody know what changing controller input does and what should it be on 1,2,or 3?

Hawker Fury
14-05-2015, 17:58
I'll have to check later tonight when I get home. Good spot though. Perhaps there is another slider somewhere that will help us get that missing feedback until SMS resolves the issue with a patch.

God damn it, I changed some setting to see what might effect it (in the option menu not car setup) and now it's gone. Reverted all settings back to how they were and it's still not there. Sorry dude, probably don't waste your time checking. Another 2hr wasted fucking with setting instead of just enjoying the game. I give up. Will just drive with no tyre grip feed back until it's patched

cplzell
14-05-2015, 18:37
Try this...for me is perfect...

Tire Force 115
per wheel movement 0,20
per wheel movement squared 0,10
wheel position smoothing 0.15
deadzone removal range 0.00
deadzone removal falloff 0.10
linkage scale 0.20
linkage stiffness 150
linkage damping 135
relative adjust gain 170
relative adjust bleed 0.90
relative adjust clamp 130
scoop knee 0.90
scoop reduction 0.00
soft clipping half 2.00
soft clipping full 0.50

MattRS
14-05-2015, 19:37
My wheel is very very light :( no weight in the wheel what so ever even turning things up don't work PLEASE FIX THIS :( tx wheel

stux
14-05-2015, 19:55
Have you guys tried Jack Spade's FFB tweaks yet?

Great feel, I still have to run at 200% and have no feeling on straights though

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 19:57
I think you'd be better off using the base changes in post #1 and then using his tweaks on top of that. Shouldn't have to turn Tire Scale to 200 if you remove the deadzone in the wheel (base changes in post #1 do this).

ashasha
14-05-2015, 21:42
I don't mind putting in the time to get something to work, but if it's pointless then you are just wasting my time. That is unacceptable.

It is indeed a big problem. And still no acknowledgment that it is a problem from SMS.I don't mind the fact that there is a bug or bugs, but the lack of acknowledgement or guidance is confusing.

Just post it in the known bugs or tell us that we are all idiots. The silence is frustrating.

toekneeg
14-05-2015, 23:05
This just came to me. When I first plugged in my TX on the PC, it felt just like this. There was a trick someone found. Go to controls screen. Unplug. Reset controls. Plug back in. Reset again, and you're good to go. After that the TX felt like how it was suppose to. Maybe it's a similar bug for the Xbox as well. I tired the same method on the Xbox but with no avail.

Really wish the Devs would acknowledge his issue and say that they're working on it. :/

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 00:05
This just came to me. When I first plugged in my TX on the PC, it felt just like this. There was a trick someone found. Go to controls screen. Unplug. Reset controls. Plug back in. Reset again, and you're good to go. After that the TX felt like how it was suppose to. Maybe it's a similar bug for the Xbox as well. I tired the same method on the Xbox but with no avail.

Really wish the Devs would acknowledge his issue and say that they're working on it. :/

It'd be nice to hear something.

Ed Mas
15-05-2015, 03:41
I've passed this TX thread and a few others to the team so it gets looked at, stay tuned. Thank you for your patience guys.

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 03:43
I've passed this TX thread and a few others to the team so it gets looked at, stay tuned. Thank you for your patience guys.

Thank you!

HEF51
15-05-2015, 05:52

Thank you! We need someone on this asap!

stux
15-05-2015, 08:59
I think I've actually managed to isolate and make a video of the exact problem.

http://xboxclips.com/Capt+Stux/b4f7048d-9e9a-468e-9513-f59cda38c05d

I start by resetting all controls to default. Then showing the default value for Soft Clipping 0.0/0.0

After that I start Free Practise with M1 Procar at Brands Hatch Indy

The car is very very light out of the pit, you can see me pulling the wheel left and right and not much feedback. but most importantly, dropping down shepherds hill, there is a flat FFB line as I'm going over all of the bumps.

Next I exit out, go back to controls and adjust Soft Clipping (Half Input) to 0.5 and back to 0.0 (notice the game is not sure if it's 0.1 or 0.0.

Then try again, now out of the pit the steering is heavy, will snap back if I jerk the wheel, and starting down the hill and going straight you can see the FFB gauge showing loads of detail. In fact, I enjoy the difference so much I drive round the corner and onto the grass while playing with the FFB

Now, FFB is not great with the defaults after this change, but you can work with it, but I haven't changed any values! I suspect there is a stupid bug with a flag variable or something.

RoccoTTS
15-05-2015, 09:48
I think I've actually managed to isolate and make a video of the exact problem.

http://xboxclips.com/Capt+Stux/b4f7048d-9e9a-468e-9513-f59cda38c05d

I start by resetting all controls to default. Then showing the default value for Soft Clipping 0.0/0.0

After that I start Free Practise with M1 Procar at Brands Hatch Indy

The car is very very light out of the pit, you can see me pulling the wheel left and right and not much feedback. but most importantly, dropping down shepherds hill, there is a flat FFB line as I'm going over all of the bumps.

Next I exit out, go back to controls and adjust Soft Clipping (Half Input) to 0.5 and back to 0.0 (notice the game is not sure if it's 0.1 or 0.0.

Then try again, now out of the pit the steering is heavy, will snap back if I jerk the wheel, and starting down the hill and going straight you can see the FFB gauge showing loads of detail. In fact, I enjoy the difference so much I drive round the corner and onto the grass while playing with the FFB

Now, FFB is not great with the defaults after this change, but you can work with it, but I haven't changed any values! I suspect there is a stupid bug with a flag variable or something.
Ok, when i look at my standard values the Soft Clipping was already at 0.10 and i can't put it at 0.0. So maybe that's why i have a decent resistance even with standard values.
But even if i have a strong ffb(resistance) at 150 tire ffb, i have no rumble when braking with ABS and no rumble when losing grip.

Raven403
15-05-2015, 11:15

Thank YOU!!! and if you need context there are a few guys on here that have both platforms and could provide you with settings and numbers from each for the wheel. just FYI

Rxhevntt
15-05-2015, 13:22
Thank you!

Thank you for the acknowledgment! That's really all I wanted. I'll wait for it to be right, but not knowing what I am waiting for, or if I am even waiting for anything, was gut wrenching. So thanks again.

erichellsten
15-05-2015, 15:32
I just want to raise my voice to help this thread reach the devs. I use xbox one and a thrustmaster tx wheel.
From the get-go i had big problems with the ffb, it was almost none-existing. I look at a lot of videos, read a lot of threads, dove in in the settings and after a couple of hours... the wheel still felt dead. My main problem is the ffb feeling of understeer and losing grip, my ffb does not change when this happens, the wheel feels very,very "light"i could probably use my littlefinger to steer without getting hurt. No matter what i do i cant get a "heavy" feel from the wheel. After a couple of days of trying to solve the problem i got so confused so i popt in forza 5 again to feel the diffrence minute-to-minute and is is huge! No matter what tire force or masterscale spindle settings i use(belive me i have changed pretty much every other parameter as well), project cars have maybe 5 % of the ffb of forza. When i use very high settings i can get ffb effects from curbs and crashes, but it is giving me no "generl feel". The most inportant feel. This is what i tried so far.
1. Latest firmware utdate for my tx.
2. Calibrated the wheel ingame.
3. Changed and fiddeld around with all the general ffb settings, following instructions from people with similar problems, did a lot of " try and error" with only error as a result.
4. Changed the ffb settings for the specific car, didnt help.
5. Reseted the usb ports on my xbox one.
6. Deleted the game and my savings from the harddrive and re-installed it. Then i raced without calibrating the wheel with no luck.
7. Tried to calibrate the wheel while holding the wheel att 90 degrees and save before releasing the wheel.
8. Tried to calibrate the wheel using diffrent dregrees of rotation. Again, no luck.

I dont know what to do next but i feel that the game have HUGE potential, and hopefully there will be a solution to the problem (a patch?) so i/we can enjoy this game to the fullest. i got my tx wheel for this game so it is a extra bitter taste when it doesnt work.
And even tough i havent solve the problem so far i want to thank the community for all the tips and hints! Cheers!

Ed Mas
15-05-2015, 16:10
An update on this:

"In terms of the TX & XB1 we're aware of the problems and are well under way with fixing them. Most issues will be resolved in the next update(1.3) and we are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve all known issues. Some issues will require coordination from Thrustmaster and Madcatz with firmware fixes to be linked in."

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 16:27
When the fix goes live I'll be like...

g33k hack3rs
15-05-2015, 16:28
Thanks for the update, this is much appreciated.

RoccoTTS
15-05-2015, 16:29
An update on this:

"In terms of the TX & XB1 we're aware of the problems and are well under way with fixing them. Most issues will be resolved in the next update(1.3) and we are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve all known issues. Some issues will require coordination from Thrustmaster and Madcatz with firmware fixes to be linked in."

Thanks for the update.

Dynomight Motorsports
15-05-2015, 17:01
So, silly question, but does this mean we'll end up having to download some firmware for the TX? I'm guessing I'll have to plug it in to my computer???

HEF51
15-05-2015, 17:05
So, silly question, but does this mean we'll end up having to download some firmware for the TX? I'm guessing I'll have to plug it in to my computer???

Yes, which you should have already done for the latest firmware anyways. But they way he is saying it, it seems that the FFB issues should be able to be patched via game but other issues (such a duplicate buttons) may need a firmware update for the wheel

Raven403
15-05-2015, 17:05
Nice! Thanks for the Update:D

RoccoTTS
15-05-2015, 17:31
So if i understand this correctly, most problems will be solved with patch 1.3 which is already with MS for approval ?

Rxhevntt
15-05-2015, 17:40
An update on this:

Very grateful for this update and all the hard work guys--thanks!

I hope there are lots of company-funded pints after quitting time for you all!

HEF51
15-05-2015, 18:49
So if i understand this correctly, most problems will be solved with patch 1.3 which is already with MS for approval ?

No that is patch 1.2. 1.3 will be the next patch probably coming at the beginning of June I would bet.

ashasha
15-05-2015, 20:28
That's all I wanted, just an acknowledgement and a plan to fix it.

stitchbob
16-05-2015, 14:44
Just had a VERY enjoyable time with the TX on Xbox 1.

Like a lot of you I was super disappointed with the feel of the game.

The TX ffb was almost non-existent... struggling to feel when the back went out... light handling. Basically everything described in this thread. This was after I had done the 90 degree and hold calibration method. Plus a bunch of suggested settings posted here to boost what little ffb was there.

Then this morning I decided to give it another chance.

I reset my settings (press Y in the main menu) and didn't calibrate, I just reset then backed out and jumped straight into a practice session.

To my surprise it felt GREAT. Like exactly how I imagine it should.

Within a lap I was grinning ear to ear. And I was finally racing, pushing my car harder and harder with the confidence that if I missed a braking point or was too heavy on the throttle I could usually save it as I could feel everything the car was doing. Before this I had to drive super conservatively and every small error usually ended up in a wall as I couldn't feel what was going on before it was too late!

This isn't a post to say its fixed or it doesn't need a patch as I 100% have experienced the issue. But for me just resetting my 'calibration' somehow fixed it(for now).

I have mine set to 900 degrees rotation and all the cars adjusted the wheels rotation accordingly. So F1 only rotated 270 or whatever it is before I hit the soft lock. But this was already working ok.

It's also worth mentioning that I hadn't gone into any of the car adjustments, so these were all default and I tried a bunch of cars and they all felt really good. Some I might tweak eventually but nothing stood out as broken.

Formula Rookie. Formula 1. BMW M3 GT3. Caterham 7. Clio. Mitsubishi EVO. Ariel Atom (this car had been a total pain before, but is so much fun when the wheel is working properly). Escort Mk1 (the collision physics on this is broken).

They all felt unique, and some more challenging than others (as you'd expect) but all a 100% blast when the FFB is working. I was pretty tired after a few hrs, it felt really solid.

I really feel sorry for you guys that haven't had it work correctly at all. I was there too last week. With the amount of bugs in the current build I could well be there again next time I turn it on!

But I felt I should tell you all what worked for me.

Reset all settings to default. Skip the calibration and see if that improves things.

Good luck!

Rxhevntt
16-05-2015, 20:55

The TX ffb was almost non-existent... struggling to feel when the back went out... light handling. Basically everything described in this thread. This was after I had done the 90 degree and hold calibration method. Plus a bunch of suggested settings posted here to boost what little ffb was there.

I reset my settings (press Y in the main menu) and didn't calibrate, I just reset then backed out and jumped straight into a practice session.

Within a lap I was grinning ear to ear. And I was finally racing, pushing my car harder and harder with the confidence that if I missed a braking point or was too heavy on the throttle I could usually save it as I could feel everything the car was doing. Before this I had to drive super conservatively and every small error usually ended up in a wall as I couldn't feel what was going on before it was too late!

This isn't a post to say its fixed or it doesn't need a patch as I 100% have experienced the issue. But for me just resetting my 'calibration' somehow fixed it(for now).

I have mine set to 900 degrees rotation and all the cars adjusted the wheels rotation accordingly. So F1 only rotated 270 or whatever it is before I hit the soft lock. But this was already working ok.

It's also worth mentioning that I hadn't gone into any of the car adjustments, so these were all default and I tried a bunch of cars and they all felt really good. Some I might tweak eventually but nothing stood out as broken.

Formula Rookie. Formula 1. BMW M3 GT3. Caterham 7. Clio. Mitsubishi EVO. Ariel Atom (this car had been a total pain before, but is so much fun when the wheel is working properly). Escort Mk1 (the collision physics on this is broken).

They all felt unique, and some more challenging than others (as you'd expect) but all a 100% blast when the FFB is working. I was pretty tired after a few hrs, it felt really solid.

I really feel sorry for you guys that haven't had it work correctly at all. I was there too last week. With the amount of bugs in the current build I could well be there again next time I turn it on!

Reset all settings to default. Skip the calibration and see if that improves things.

Good luck!

You're very lucky! I have heard of two other such anomalies in the past couple of days. Both came and went, I hope yours stays :) but great to hear it's a great feel as the devs intended for us to experience it.

rtmcginnis
17-05-2015, 01:11
Quite honestly - I am so glad to have found this post.

I've been pulling my hair moving sliders around and searching the web for a solution. I thought it was the way the game was designed, but now I see it's an Xbox problem.
Which means it's fixable. If the FFB is killer on PC/PS4, at some point it will be patched for Xbox. I'll try some of the work around you fellas are posted as a bandaid in the meantime.

Feel free to ignore my "Where's the sense of grip?" It's basically a shot in the dark about the lack of FFB/lightness.

rtmcginnis
17-05-2015, 01:13

Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll have to give it a try. Can't be worse that what I've got as a result of all the tinkering and fiddling.

Thanks

Robhd
17-05-2015, 08:59
I had been getting on not too badly with the wheel for the past couple of days... Powered wheel down last night and lo and behold feels like driving on ice again... Where is that damned patch.... Grrrr!

HEF51
17-05-2015, 16:27
Yeah the wheel will show signs of life for brief moments.

Dynomight Motorsports
17-05-2015, 16:48
Meanwhile....There are a hundred or so Threads about TX settings. Is there anyway a Mod can provide a Sticky on the Xbox main section for the Wheel Settings like they have two for Controllers. We need to be able to go into one thread and see what people have posted and is working for them to cut down Search Times or Multiple Threads about the same issue.

HEF51
17-05-2015, 17:02
Meanwhile....There are a hundred or so Threads about TX settings. Is there anyway a Mod can provide a Sticky on the Xbox main section for the Wheel Settings like they have two for Controllers. We need to be able to go into one thread and see what people have posted and is working for them to cut down Search Times or Multiple Threads about the same issue.

I honestly think that the settings posted in the OP of this thread are the best. Not have to mess with a bunch of settings. There is that annoying oscillation in the middle but it is a good Band-Aid for now.

Benja190782
17-05-2015, 19:35
What does "Deadzone Removal Range" and "Deadzone Removal Falloff" mean?

What does it?

Xpower
18-05-2015, 00:16
We are so many people with the same issue on Xbox one, very weak ffb and this need fixing, has nothing to do with personal taste. Not nice of you to ask people to calm down when the game we have expecting for so many years doesnt have a workning ffb on xbox one. So many people who have tired the game on PC and PS4 can testify on it being a mayor difference in strenght of ffb and feel of the cars... Help us out to notify SMS about the issue instead, please, so everyone can enjoy the game! T

FederalHercules
18-05-2015, 02:34
We are so many people with the same issue on Xbox one, very weak ffb and this need fixing, has nothing to do with personal taste. Not nice of you to ask people to calm down when the game we have expecting for so many years doesnt have a workning ffb on xbox one. So many people who have tired the game on PC and PS4 can testify on it being a mayor difference in strenght of ffb and feel of the cars... Help us out to notify SMS about the issue instead, please, so everyone can enjoy the game! T

Good news: SMS is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Bad news: It will likely be mid June before we see this fix.

See post 104 on page 11 of this thread.

HEF51
18-05-2015, 17:38
What does "Deadzone Removal Range" and "Deadzone Removal Falloff" mean?

What does it?

It makes the deadzones even smaller in the middle of the wheel. So it stiffens the wheel up in the middle. However we shouldn't have to do this as it should already be stiff in the middle.

Benja190782
18-05-2015, 17:43
It makes the deadzones even smaller in the middle of the wheel. So it stiffens the wheel up in the middle. However we shouldn't have to do this as it should already be stiff in the middle.

Okay, because my TX wheel has very strong FFB, but I don't know how it's supposed to feel - and I can't play on PC or PS4 to compare.
Did you try the settings on page 1 by the OP - and did it work for you, HEF51..??

HEF51
18-05-2015, 17:50
Okay, because my TX wheel has very strong FFB, but I don't know how it's supposed to feel - and I can't play on PC or PS4 to compare.
Did you try the settings on page 1 by the OP - and did it work for you, HEF51..??

Yes, I am a part of the group that helped get those settings... Still doesn't feel anywhere near to what it feels like on PC. And I'm telling you, if you have nothing to compare it but Forza then you are probably in the same boat as us.

stux
19-05-2015, 00:09
One of the ticks I've found with getting some "feels" into the FFB is that there are certain settings that if you change them from defaults, you can't then change them back. Also some of the default settings are broken, and some of the then non default settings are broken.

I had no feel for ages, then managed to get good feel (braking, loss of traction, steering etc). Lost it all when I reset. I managed to finally get it back after a few days of carefully changing a setting or two.

At the moment, combined with Jack's tweaks, I currently have FFB which works, and no, dead zone removal is not the best work around in my opinion.

HEF51
19-05-2015, 00:22
One of the ticks I've found with getting some "feels" into the FFB is that there are certain settings that if you change them from defaults, you can't then change them back. Also some of the default settings are broken, and some of the then non default settings are broken.

I had no feel for ages, then managed to get good feel (braking, loss of traction, steering etc). Lost it all when I reset. I managed to finally get it back after a few days of carefully changing a setting or two.

At the moment, combined with Jack's tweaks, I currently have FFB which works, and no, dead zone removal is not the best work around in my opinion.

Well if you don't think its the best then why don't you share with us your findings.

stux
19-05-2015, 01:21
Was just working on that ;)

I find I get no oscillations on straights, have continuous wheel weight under grip conditions, return to centre behaviour works, I can feel loss of traction while steering, braking, throttle, brake skids, and road defects and edges are clear, with no central deadzone or chatter and the steering is not laggy.

Start by resetting to defaults. (Very important)

Controls -> configuration :

Steering Deadzone 0, default is 1 which gives a 2 degree Deadzone. The smallest you can set is 5 ie a 10 degree Deadzone!

Steering Sensitivity 95 (100 causes chatter as FFB gets picked up as steering inputs, the default causes lag on steering input)

The following settings are to taste
Throttle Deadzone 0 (default)
Throttle Sensitivity 100
Brake Deadzone 0 (default)
Brake Sensitivity 100
Clutch Deadzone 0 (default)
Clutch Sensitivity 100

Everything else is default on that page (FFB should be 100)

Next, Calibrate FFB

Do NOT touch the Soft Clipping Setting. It's bugged and once you change the default you can't change it back.

I only change tire force and wheel position smoothing.

Tire Force 200 (I don't find any clipping at 200)
Per Wheel Movement 0 (default)
Wheel Position Smoothing 0
Deadzone Removal Range 0 (default)
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01 (default) (setting this to zero causes bugs)
Linkage Scale 0 (default)
Linkage Stiffness 1.00 (default)
Linkage Dampening 1.00 (default)
Relative Adjust Gain 0.98 (default)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10 (default)
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96 (default)
Scoop Knee 0.70 (default) (in theory, this shouldn't be needed as its really a work-around for the G27, but I've had poor results changing it)
Scoop Reduction 0.15 (default)

DO NOT TOUCH Soft Clipping (half input), if you do you need to reset to defaults to get It back to 0
soft clipping (full output) 0 (default)

After that, I calibrate the pedals too, because of the conical brake mod on my T3PA

Then use one of Jacks SoP mix FFB per car settings.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet

Now, a lot of that is the defaults, try it on the BMW M1 Procar with Jack's sop mix

Jack's FFB SoP mix for the m1 Procar
Master Scale 35 (36)
Fx Scale 60
Fy Scale 27 (28)
Fz Scale 80
Mz Scale 90
Fx Smoothing 20
Fy Smoothing 0
Fz Smoothing 0
Mz Smoothing 0
Arm Angle 1500
SoP Scale 35 (36)
SoP Lateral 70
SoP Diff 80
SoP Damp 0

Again, it's very important to start by resetting to defaults, some settings just can't be fully restored any other way.

HEF51
19-05-2015, 05:41
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It is sad really that we even have to made all these changes just to get competent FFB.

stux
19-05-2015, 06:00
Yes :(

But at least with these settings, I at least can enjoy the game until a patch which makes it right does come out.

I hope you find they help too.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 12:36
Ill give these a shot too. See how it feels, I agree its annoying as hell to have to screw with all this.

fishfash
19-05-2015, 13:05
I had a conversation with thrustmaster tech support last year regarding my failing wheel and Forza 5. They advised me to use the rear usb ports on the xbox1 and not to use the port on the side.

Never quite understood why they provided me with this information, I gave it a shot yesterday with project cars and I noticed stronger ffb immediately :)

HEF51
19-05-2015, 15:47
I had a conversation with thrustmaster tech support last year regarding my failing wheel and Forza 5. They advised me to use the rear usb ports on the xbox1 and not to use the port on the side.

Never quite understood why they provided me with this information, I gave it a shot yesterday with project cars and I noticed stronger ffb immediately :)

You sure it just wasn't placebo? I don't believe that for one second.

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 15:52

Your crazy I've tried this the first day I had the game. Half the things thrustmaster told me to do where pointless when they sent me 3 new wheel bases. They would tell you anything you want to here at that time because of all the issues they where having.

FederalHercules
19-05-2015, 17:02

I have always used the back port and it has made no difference (in FM5 or pCARS). We already have acknowledgement on this thread that there is an issue. I know we are always asking for more feedback but it would be helpful if SMS would more forthcoming with details. What exactly is broken? What are you working on fixing? Why are device manufactures involved exactly? What settings should users be looking to modify as meaningful workarounds?

I don't think its a lot to ask for but maybe it is. All I know is I miss my FM5 feedback and its discouraging to think there wont be any improvement for another 4-8 weeks (and that's probably being too optimistic).

C'est la vie I guess...

TuskegeePilot42
20-05-2015, 02:43
Was just working on that ;)

I find I get no oscillations on straights, have continuous wheel weight under grip conditions, return to centre behaviour works, I can feel loss of traction while steering, braking, throttle, brake skids, and road defects and edges are clear, with no central deadzone or chatter and the steering is not laggy.

Start by resetting to defaults. (Very important)

Controls -> configuration :

Steering Deadzone 0, default is 1 which gives a 2 degree Deadzone. The smallest you can set is 5 ie a 10 degree Deadzone!

Steering Sensitivity 95 (100 causes chatter as FFB gets picked up as steering inputs, the default causes lag on steering input)

The following settings are to taste
Throttle Deadzone 0 (default)
Throttle Sensitivity 100
Brake Deadzone 0 (default)
Brake Sensitivity 100
Clutch Deadzone 0 (default)
Clutch Sensitivity 100

Everything else is default on that page (FFB should be 100)

Next, Calibrate FFB

Do NOT touch the Soft Clipping Setting. It's bugged and once you change the default you can't change it back.

I only change tire force and wheel position smoothing.

Tire Force 200 (I don't find any clipping at 200)
Wheel Position Smoothing 0
Deadzone Removal Range 0 (default)
Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.01 (default) (setting this to zero causes bugs)
Linkage Scale 0 (default)
Linkage Stiffness 1.00 (default)
Linkage Dampening 1.00 (default)
Relative Adjust Gain 0.98 (default)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10 (default)
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96 (default)
Scoop Knee 0.70 (default) (in theory, this shouldn't be needed as its really a work-around for the G27, but I've had poor results changing it)
Scoop Reduction 0.15 (default)

DO NOT TOUCH Soft Clipping (half input), if you do you need to reset to defaults to get It back to 0
soft clipping (full output) 0 (default)

After that, I calibrate the pedals too, because of the conical brake mod on my T3PA

Then use one of Jacks SoP mix FFB per car settings.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet

Now, a lot of that is the defaults, try it on the BMW M1 Procar with Jack's sop mix

Jack's FFB SoP mix for the m1 Procar
Master Scale 35 (36)
Fx Scale 60
Fy Scale 27 (28)
Fz Scale 80
Mz Scale 90
Fx Smoothing 20
Fy Smoothing 0
Fz Smoothing 0
Mz Smoothing 0
Arm Angle 1500
SoP Scale 35 (36)
SoP Lateral 70
SoP Diff 80
SoP Damp 0

Again, it's very important to start by resetting to defaults, some settings just can't be fully restored any other way.

Now Stux,
If I say so myself , That is the best Damn work around I`ve seen and tried in any thread on this subject !!!!!!!! Great job Dude!!!!!!!! It`s not all the way a perfect feel but very nice work around !!!!! Everyone may not like it; but I bet the Majority will I suspect !!!!!! Kinda like James Brown now........... I FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUX FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

HEF51
20-05-2015, 03:41
I tried them and didn't like it that much. Still no weight in the wheel. Nothing telling me if I've lost the car at all.

stux
20-05-2015, 06:04
Now Stux,
If I say so myself , That is the best Damn work around I`ve seen and tried in any thread on this subject !!!!!!!! Great job Dude!!!!!!!! It`s not all the way a perfect feel but very nice work around !!!!! Everyone may not like it; but I bet the Majority will I suspect !!!!!! Kinda like James Brown now........... I FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUX FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks :), its certainly not as heavy as Horizon 2, but I believe all the detail is there and the behaviour is good enough that I have no intention of messing around with FFB anymore until they fix it properly. Now I can actually get on with playing the game

I tried them and didn't like it that much. Still no weight in the wheel. Nothing telling me if I've lost the car at all.

Oh well. Do you find you have satisfactory weight with the 0.60/0.06 deadzone removal work-around?

I believe this setting is simply adding 60% to all forces, so the most trivial blip becomes a 60% force...

Wheelcheck says my wheel has a 0.05% deadzone... The deadzone setting and scoop knee settings seem to be designed to work around issues with the previous generation of wheels (ie the G27), which as far as I can tell were dual motor gear driven wheels, and had significant deadzone, and poor linearity.

The TX is a next gen belt-driven wheel (like the fanatec CSWv2), it has a significantly smaller deadzone... which I don't think is actually a deadzone as such, but rather slop in the mechanism. The G27 deadzone is software/firmware controlled in order to prevent damaging the dual motors. Also it has good linearity where as the G27 compresses high forces (hence the "knee").

A good comparison I think is how strong the feedback is when driving out of the pits and trying to turn the wheel against the system. That's the maximum force. The Jack Spade tweaker settings try to distribute the range of forces from 0% through to 100% so that they fall evenly between 0, and that limit, without clipping.

That maximum force compares to the maximum force you can acquire in a car, ie, a car can rip your arm off if you hit a wall... The wheel just doesn't have the same dynamic range. You can either compress everything up into the top of the range for maximum feels (like Horizon 2 does), and replace the subtle feel with effects and judders when things let go, or you can use the full dynamic range, ie a much smaller range than on a real car, and have the subtle effects.

I'd love to see what the forces feel like on a PC with PCars... but I'm not about to buy PCars off steam to test on my laptop, when I have no intention of playing on my laptop!

Anyway, if you want more wheel weight, increase Mz. I believe this is the rotational/centring force.

Britaly86
20-05-2015, 14:57
Ive been using the thrustmaster ferrari wheel with force feedback. Has anyone experienced the issue where from time to time the game just pauses on its own while playing. This happens during online play sometimes which as you may imagine is a problem. Not sure if the game or the wheel is thr issue. Thanks guys any help is apprciated.

Raven403
20-05-2015, 16:34
I'd love to see what the forces feel like on a PC with PCars...

Its incredible, its not even close. even out of the box before you turn up the master scale. Night and Day.

QuBix
20-05-2015, 21:03
Anyone using the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter and the T3PA pedals with their TX? Do these have any issues? I just picked them up for my TX and am wondering if everything is working right...

Bobbydakid
20-05-2015, 21:45
Anyone using the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter and the T3PA pedals with their TX? Do these have any issues? I just picked them up for my TX and am wondering if everything is working right...

I have this set up...works great :) Take the Sauber Mercedes for a spin round Road America, it's amazing with the TH8A shifter.

TuskegeePilot42
20-05-2015, 23:20
Ive been using the thrustmaster ferrari wheel with force feedback. Has anyone experienced the issue where from time to time the game just pauses on its own while playing. This happens during online play sometimes which as you may imagine is a problem. Not sure if the game or the wheel is thr issue. Thanks guys any help is apprciated.

You , my friend should look here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24922-Please-read-Stuttering-stall-on-XB1/page4 , you`re not alone !!!!!!!!!!!

Robhd
21-05-2015, 07:15
Both are working fine for me.. Remember to calibrate the pedals when you start... Oh, and any weird gearbox problems are the game itself! Especially gears being right on top of each other... Irritating but fixable in the in game settings!

I now have a set up which works pretty well.. Cribbed from other good people here on the forum and even have some ffb over kerbs etc... Now loving the game!

fishfash
21-05-2015, 08:10
Thanks stux, tried your settings and they work very well.

I do prefer the settings posted on the first page, thanks to the original poster.

I noticed Inside Sim had used damper = 6 in their first hands on video. Just wonderd if it's worth playing around with this setting?

Thanks.

Benja190782
21-05-2015, 10:10
What FFB-setting does remove the violent "side to side movement" when the car is trying to straigthen up?

I mean my TX wheel itself turns very fast left, right, left, right, left, right when I'm trying to straigthen up and have the throttle down. The FFB is so strong I can't hold it - but I like the overall feel, just not the way it turns so fast from side to side? Please help me... :confused:

TuskegeePilot42
21-05-2015, 14:13
What FFB-setting does remove the violent "side to side movement" when the car is trying to straigthen up?

I mean my TX wheel itself turns very fast left, right, left, right, left, right when I'm trying to straigthen up and have the throttle down. The FFB is so strong I can't hold it - but I like the overall feel, just not the way it turns so fast from side to side? Please help me... :confused:

I am 99.9% sure, that if you perform STUX setup instructions that wheel will be silky smooth from here on out!!!!!!!!!! It works , Try it and see!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoccoTTS
21-05-2015, 16:15
I use Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet) nr1 classic.
The only thing i change is tire ffb at 200. For me this works perfect.
And what stux already has mentioned : Do NOT touch the Soft Clipping Setting. It's bugged and once you change the default you can't change it back.
If you messed with the Soft Clipping Setting, reset the ffb settings in the main menu and calibrate your wheel again.

HEF51
22-05-2015, 18:17
I felt that removing to scoop knee to a small number stiffens up the wheel a little bit more. But YMMV.

Jon4410
25-05-2015, 19:10
I have tried almost all the settings I can find, but I simply cannot drive as it stands now. I understand these are supposed to be a band-aid until the patch arrives, but without the feedback about what the car is doing I cannot consistently drive on the limit

FederalHercules
27-05-2015, 16:02
An update on this:

Just wondering if there has been any progress on this issue. Thanks for any additional information you can provide.

Sardino
28-05-2015, 11:15
So can anyone confirm if FFB feels any different after applying patch 1.3?

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 12:46
So can anyone confirm if FFB feels any different after applying patch 1.3?

Yes it is different. We have now also strong ffb when the car is at a stand still.

Benja190782
28-05-2015, 12:58
Yes it is different. We have now also strong ffb when the car is at a stand still.

Does it also feel strong when stand still at the PC version??

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 13:05
Does it also feel strong when stand still at the PC version??

I don't know, i don't have it on PC. But it feel like on a real car, hard to steer when standing still and the steering goes lighter when you start to drive.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 13:22

Rocco, you mind sharing what your default numbers were after the patch? Ive heard NO change and now you say there is....lol

Raven403
28-05-2015, 13:59
Can any Dev, Mod, tell us whether the FFB on wheels is an issue that may be fixed in 1.4?

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 14:01
Rocco, you mind sharing what your default numbers were after the patch? Ive heard NO change and now you say there is....lol

This has nothing to do with default settings. FFB at stand still was something we didn't have before patch. The steering wheel is hard to turn when stand still, but when you are moving the ffb is the same as before the patch.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 14:04
Im asking because people are saying AFTER the patch the deadzone resets to 15, when out of the box the default was 1, so thats why i asked. May be a good way to know you are on the default settings after the patch if people arent sure.

And having the wheel be Strong when standing still and have weak FFB when your actually racing isnt "better". it just means the wheel is stiff at standstill. So hopefully there will be further action to improve FFB on X1 to bring it closer to PC cuz it isnt even close, i have it on both

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 14:09
Yes my deadzone was on 15, but after reset the wheel settings in main menu the default is back at 1. I think this is a bug.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 14:11
Yes my deadzone was on 15, but after reset the wheel settings in main menu the default is back at 1. I think this is a bug.

Interesting, ok. So before you reset your settings it was at 15, then you reset and it was back at 1 got it. Good to know thanks bud.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 14:13
We still have to wait for the next patch for the same ffb as on PC i think.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 14:20
We still have to wait for the next patch for the same ffb as on PC i think.

I would think yeah. Dunno if it will be in 1.4 or if they've even figured it out. Hope they have!

Jon4410
28-05-2015, 14:29
I have gotten the patch and tried it. The ffb is the same, except for the stiff wheel at a stand still. But there is a problem: the wheel will always auto center as it stiffens up when you stop. So if you have turned the wheel right 90 degrees and bring the car to a stop, the wheel will violently snap to the center. And adjusting force feedback has no effect on this. So it is now impossible to have the wheel turned while at a stop.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 14:39
I have gotten the patch and tried it. The ffb is the same, except for the stiff wheel at a stand still. But there is a problem: the wheel will always auto center as it stiffens up when you stop. So if you have turned the wheel right 90 degrees and bring the car to a stop, the wheel will violently snap to the center. And adjusting force feedback has no effect on this. So it is now impossible to have the wheel turned while at a stop.

Well thats a New development. Devs, Mods, Add this to Known Issues for Wheel users please? ( if it is indeed an issue...)

Raven403
28-05-2015, 16:02
I see a Dev 'Liked' a comment, so I assume that means they know about this? Has any progress been made or were you guys able to duplicate the problem? jc

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 16:36
I think there is no problem. In a race car it is normal it is hard to turn the wheel at stand still.
I read above it is impossible to turn the wheel at a stop but it is only harder but not impossible.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 16:37
I think there is no problem. In a race car it is normal it is hard to turn the wheel at stand still.
I read above it is impossible to turn the wheel at a stop but it is only harder but not impossible.

OK so thats not a Problem. But the FFB in general on XBox IS, so hopefully we get an update on it soon......

FederalHercules
28-05-2015, 16:43

Gents, we got to stop generating noise like this. And I am not trying to target you RoccoTTS. Lots of posts in this thread that are really not helpful. We have confirmation from SMS that there IS an issue with FFB on the TX (and I think the Mad Catz as well). But that's all we have. 1.3 does nothing to fix it and SMS never said it would fix it.

Until we get more details, your best bet is to try some of the many suggestions in this thread and others, and get your wheel in a state where you are content. Saying there is no problem is false statement. There is a problem, its been acknowledged, thus we must wait patiently (or not so patiently :)) for the fix.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 17:04
Gents, we got to stop generating noise like this. And I am not trying to target you RoccoTTS. Lots of posts in this thread that are really not helpful. We have confirmation from SMS that there IS an issue with FFB on the TX (and I think the Mad Catz as well). But that's all we have. 1.3 does nothing to fix it and SMS never said it would fix it.

Until we get more details, your best bet is to try some of the many suggestions in this thread and others, and get your wheel in a state where you are content. Saying there is no problem is false statement. There is a problem, its been acknowledged, thus we must wait patiently (or not so patiently :)) for the fix.

I totally agree with what you say. The real ffb problem is not solved yet. It has been stated it's coming with patch 1.4.

edit : When i said : there is no problem, i was only referring to the ffb at stand still.

FederalHercules
28-05-2015, 17:06
It has been stated it's coming with patch 1.4.

Do you know where this has been stated? I have not found any official information regarding this.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 17:07
I totally agree with what you say. The real ffb problem is not solved yet. It has been stated it's coming with patch 1.4.

I also havent seen that Officially stated.

RoccoTTS
28-05-2015, 17:09
It was not stated officially by SMS, but i read it somewhere that is was coming in the next patch.

Raven403
28-05-2015, 17:21
It was not stated officially by SMS, but i read it somewhere that is was coming in the next patch.

Yeah Ive heard the rumors, but dont want to speculate and say "it def is" when no one from the team has said so. Hopefully there is an announcement very soon

stux
29-05-2015, 02:48
I can confirm I'm seeing a few things

1) post patch deadzone went from my setting (0) to 15, causing massive issues steering. Reset sets it to 1, and then I set it back to 0
2) we now have ffb at standstill, yeay. Previously it was completely limp, now it feels like a real non power steering car would, ie stiff.
3) centre-spring when in menus/modes where steering is not enabled feels stronger, but this could be placebo.
4) default ffb is still stuffed.

turbohondaej1
29-05-2015, 03:04
I can confirm I'm seeing a few things

1) post patch deadzone went from my setting (0) to 15, causing massive issues steering. Reset sets it to 1, and then I set it back to 0
2) we now have ffb at standstill, yeay. Previously it was completely limp, now it feels like a real non power steering car would, ie stiff.
3) centre-spring when in menus/modes where steering is not enabled feels stronger, but this could be placebo.
4) default ffb is still stuffed.

#3 is stupid not all cars have no power steering. Also it rips the wheel when you turn it and I don't have the option to disable it how is that improvement?

stux
29-05-2015, 04:47
I agree, something is completely messed up when stationary. It automatically centers, and if you try to turn it forces full wheel lock and then bounces off the end zones continuously.

Which was my second point. 3rd point has nothing to do with that

Other than that, xb1 ffb is exactly as messed up as it used to be.

loephi
29-05-2015, 22:55
hejj guys great thread

im currently using the settings in post one. the feeling is pretty good to start with and you can make good minor adjustment from there... the setup of post one should be the standard.

i only have one problem... On the straight the wheel wobbles left,right,left,right. if i hold it with my hands it is just shit to drive straights like this. it wobbles so much that the car crashes if i let my hands away from the wheel on a straight... do you know what i have to tweak, to get a good solid straight driving possibility? I only don't have this problem in complete stock settings. as soon as i touch something in the settings. i get the wobble in a straight line. hope you can help me because the cornering feel is pretty good with the setup of post one.

thanks for hopefully helping me out
Phil

TuskegeePilot42
29-05-2015, 23:37
hejj guys great thread

im currently using the settings in post one. the feeling is pretty good to start with and you can make good minor adjustment from there... the setup of post one should be the standard.

i only have one problem... On the straight the wheel wobbles left,right,left,right. if i hold it with my hands it is just shit to drive straights like this. it wobbles so much that the car crashes if i let my hands away from the wheel on a straight... do you know what i have to tweak, to get a good solid straight driving possibility? I only don't have this problem in complete stock settings. as soon as i touch something in the settings. i get the wobble in a straight line. hope you can help me because the cornering feel is pretty good with the setup of post one.

Phil
I am sure if you check and perform the settings on the first page and post#131 you will find a solution to your problem for now!!!!!!!

TuskegeePilot42
30-05-2015, 04:09
Looks Like were moving along pretty good!!!!!!! Check post #690 of this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27074-Available-NOW-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes/page69

turbohondaej1
30-05-2015, 04:23
hejj guys great thread

Phil

I have noticed this more in the recent patch at least I think I have I don't remember it doing this before the patch hopefully it will all be good in a week.

Ch1ps N Queso
30-05-2015, 05:01
hejj guys great thread

Phil

Can you try this and see if it helps? I recently adjusted my opening post settings to this and I seem to be getting a little less oscillation in the center.

If not mentioned I've left it at default.

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 70

Tire Scale: 180
Deadzone Removal Range: .25
Deadzone Removal Falloff: .03 (this slider should be one click over from the slider above)

After this I bump Master Scale and SoP Scale up to 50 for each car. I've fiddled with the Jack Spade stuff but to be honest I don't really think it's doing much for me. It certainly doesn't replicate what I feel when I play on PC.

I want to stress that this, nor any other band-aid, gets the TX to feel like it does on PC. That said, I get enough feel with the cars that I'm able to do some tuning and put down Top 20 times (which will be Top 200 in 6 months) on LB's when I try.

Good luck.

loephi
30-05-2015, 07:50
hi

thank you very much. Im going to try that today. Did i get you right that in fact you also have oscillation on the straights?

And what interests me the most: is this oscillation a bug or normal with these settings?
regards Phil

Edit: Tried it out... wobble is a bit less extreme but still shit. im massivly disappointed of the game. bought it.. controller undrivable so i thought i buy rig + wheel for 800 dollars and still shit to drive... would have been better to release pc only an bring consoles when theyre really ready

stux
31-05-2015, 00:50
hejj guys great thread

Phil

The oscillation is caused by the Deadzone Removal.

My settings don't have it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-(Check-Post-1)&p=924423&viewfull=1#post924423

fishfash
31-05-2015, 18:48
Can you try this and see if it helps? I recently adjusted my opening post settings to this and I seem to be getting a little less oscillation in the center.

If not mentioned I've left it at default.

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 70

Tire Scale: 180
Deadzone Removal Range: .25
Deadzone Removal Falloff: .03 (this slider should be one click over from the slider above)

After this I bump Master Scale and SoP Scale up to 50 for each car. I've fiddled with the Jack Spade stuff but to be honest I don't really think it's doing much for me. It certainly doesn't replicate what I feel when I play on PC.

I want to stress that this, nor any other band-aid, gets the TX to feel like it does on PC. That said, I get enough feel with the cars that I'm able to do some tuning and put down Top 20 times (which will be Top 200 in 6 months) on LB's when I try.

Good luck.

Great thanks works very well. I used Steering Sensitivity: 50 along with your settings.

Srt8 300c
31-05-2015, 20:09
I feel your frustration.......
I have spent too too long fiddling in this department for one car to feel 'right'

Imagine you get a car feeling right, turn the game on next day and all saved data is lost for that car!!!!
Talking two + hours r.e FFB setting for one car, without the tune........

No wonder ive only raced GT3, in one car online.

I feel like giving up sometimes.....

feeling peoples pain......

TuskegeePilot42
01-06-2015, 20:59
Maybe this will stop all the frustration !!!! PATCH 1.4 FINALLY ARIVES!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes

Malcstar
08-01-2016, 14:35
Does this band aid still hold up today?