PDA

View Full Version : understanding random technical defects

bonesai
12-05-2015, 14:16
Do they just appear simply random to gearbox or engine etc. ... Or is the way youre driving combined with that ?
For example, if i drive a long race would it higher chances to get an engine problem if i use more or less engine power, drive harder (digitally throttle driving out of corners) ?

Shnoo
12-05-2015, 14:44
I have messed around with this a bit. So this is only my experiance.
I totaly overdid it a few laps reving it way to high by shifting down to early etc. And this was the only time i encounterd a engine problem. Had no gearbox problem yet but time will show.

bonesai
12-05-2015, 15:20
Thx for your answer. Would be nice to get some clearer official Information about the defect System. Thats an important Information for strategy in later competiton in my opinion.

Nanook
12-05-2015, 15:48
I'v managed to blow my engine in e v e r y single race that I have tried to do. I have yet to failed to see the logic behind it. For example I was accelerating on 5th gear and about 5000 rpm's which was far from the rev limiter => Kaboom! I changed from 3rd -> 2nd and kept the revs pretty low still => kaboom.
Can I see the engine temp somewhere? Why the engine blows all of a sudden if I'm not even revving it up to it's limits?
Is this game built so that I have to change gears somewhere between 4-5000 rpm's in order to keep my engine intact? Seems really odd because then I can't never get the most horse powers in use.
I have to say that this kind of behavior does NOT resembles to IRL in any way.

creepyd
12-05-2015, 15:53
I would guess engine blowouts are mostly caused by changing down gears too soon while breaking for corners.
Since I noticed I sometimes did that, no more blowouts.
I've yet to have anything else break apart from shortly after I've hit something.

OutbreakDV
12-05-2015, 16:32
I'v managed to blow my engine in e v e r y single race that I have tried to do. I have yet to failed to see the logic behind it. For example I was accelerating on 5th gear and about 5000 rpm's which was far from the rev limiter => Kaboom! I changed from 3rd -> 2nd and kept the revs pretty low still => kaboom.
Can I see the engine temp somewhere? Why the engine blows all of a sudden if I'm not even revving it up to it's limits?
Is this game built so that I have to change gears somewhere between 4-5000 rpm's in order to keep my engine intact? Seems really odd because then I can't never get the most horse powers in use.
I have to say that this kind of behavior does NOT resembles to IRL in any way.

Have you by any chanced changed the radiator setting in the tune? That could be your issue. Check your engine temps after a few laps.

Andjem
12-05-2015, 16:33
I would guess engine blowouts are mostly caused by changing down gears too soon while breaking for corners.
Since I noticed I sometimes did that, no more blowouts.
I've yet to have anything else break apart from shortly after I've hit something.

that is correct yes

Andjem
12-05-2015, 16:34
Have you by any chanced changed the radiator setting in the tune? That could be your issue. Check your engine temps after a few laps.

crashes / messing with the radiator opening and missed / early downshifts are primary ways to blow your engine and ruin your afternoon

OutbreakDV
12-05-2015, 16:37
crashes / messing with the radiator opening and missed / early downshifts are primary ways to blow your engine and ruin your afternoon

Yep. I don't mess with the radiator setting yet just to be safe haha

Btw I think you can check your engine temp through the telemetry hud but I'm not positive. There are a few free PC programs that let you view that. Check out the "apps" section on the official website.

Nanook
13-05-2015, 09:48
Ok, I'll check the HUD if I can see the engine temp from there. But I'm afraid that I can't use any PC apps here because I run the game on PS4 :)
I didn't even know that I can adjust the radiator opening :D So I haven't touched anything that like I haven't tweaked any settings so far. I have been just running on default settings.

hkraft300
14-05-2015, 04:50
Some cars are more fragile than others.

Sauber loves full boost and will take it all day.

RWD LMP1 will blow the engine at full boost and won't make 3 laps of laSarthe.

Haven't experienced other car breaking issues yet.

321Respawn
14-05-2015, 07:24
I have found that my engine blows when I down shift and brake with the revs to high .Since I realized that was my problem I brake more and down shift later and now I get to finish my races.