PDA

View Full Version : I downloaded the game but it doesn't appear to have the patch.

citizennick
12-05-2015, 14:48
My file size is 18.1. I also downloaded it the day before the release since I pre-ordered it. I ended up deleting it and trying again, but it still said 18.1. How do I get the patch? Also, any word when the next patch comes out to fix the steering? Game appears to have a lot of potential but I'll probably hold off on diving into it more until I can get the steering issues resolved. I spent that playing around with settings but couldn't come up with anything. And I also updated my controllers.

Ma5hEd
12-05-2015, 15:17
Restarting your console should make it install the patch.

If you have the console set to Instant On, go to Settings --> Power & Startup --> Restart Now

If you have the console set to Energy Saving, just shutdown as normal and turn on the console as normal.

That will do a proper reboot.

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 15:19
As Ma5hEd said, try that.

I believe it should be 18.5GB in total.

Pete

obergott69
12-05-2015, 15:36
This is strange. I have the same exact problem. I preloaded the game as soon as it was available. Ive hard reset my Xbox one ive changed the region and still no update. My game size is 18,1GB.
This is really sad seeing i really want to play this game without bugs. Any suggestions would be great.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 15:40
You could reinstall whilst offline, then afterwards go online and install the patch.

A hard reset should fix it though, hold down the power button until it turns off and the light on the power brick will turn orange.

citizennick
12-05-2015, 15:54
I'll try it again when I'm at home. I don't have "instant on" set on my Xbox, so it always reboots when I turn it on. Can someone tell me what the launch patch is fixing?

obergott69
12-05-2015, 16:08
How would i reinstall whilst offline? Don't i have to be connected to xbox live to download the game? I tried the hard reset 4 times. I went out with the dogs and disconnected the power supply for 30 minutes. My internet speed is really slow and it would take me 18 hours to download again. i might aswell drive to a freind with very fast internet. I just hope it downloads the update after i reinstall the game.

update: It never asked me for a update but just now the Size of the Game went to 18,5gb ;)

It's time to race.

Thanks for all your help.