PDA

View Full Version : mad catz pro racing wheel users

KevinSuan
12-05-2015, 15:17
Hi people!
There are a firmware update for our mad catz in the mad catz support web.
I think that is the first update for this racing wheel. It's an update made for project cars game. I test it and i think that i can now feel better the car. Now ffb works good.

jdasenbrock
12-05-2015, 15:42
Thanks for the info! I will definitely try to update my wheel after work.

Projectmanager
12-05-2015, 20:03
Hi,ime not very good with things like this,how do I install this update on my wheel,
Thanks,,,,russ

Buzzwah
12-05-2015, 22:59
can you send the link as I can't find it on their website? Cheers

slux francois
13-05-2015, 05:20
can you send the link as I can't find it on their website? Cheers

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=5645

KevinSuan
13-05-2015, 06:21
Mad catz official web http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/
Is the same firmware in the last post.
In the game set all configurations as default, but up force feedback of every car at 100 (default is 26).
Yesterday when i update my racing wheel i have an issue. Pedals becone not progressive it pass 0-100 in a little space. There is a solution for this issue extract from mad catz support web.

My Pro Racing FFB Wheel for Xbox One pedals are not working as expected - help!

Posted by Chris Shallcross on 07 August 2014 03:51 AM

Follow these steps to check your pedals are working correctly:

****** Unplug the wheel from the Xbox (but ensure it still has power).****** Press and hold these three buttons together – left d-pad, right-dpad and X****** Plug the wheel back into the Xbox with these buttons held and then let go of them – the white LED above the Xbox button should be flashing****** Now squeeze and release all of the paddles on the wheel and fully depress and let go of the pedals****** Press both the view and menu buttons on the wheel (the two white ones!) to put the wheel back into normal mode

You can test the pedal response in Forza 5 very easily by getting into the cockpit and then pressing the up d-pad button to bring up the in-game telemetry – you’ll see there’s a percentage indicator for brake and gas which makes it very easy to see if the pedals are responding correctly.

Sorry for bad english. I'm from spain.

Buzzwah
18-05-2015, 20:10
I had this happen last night too , it was driving me nuts !! (no pun intended :) ) thanks for the tip , I will try that tonight

tubbychris1
18-05-2015, 21:05
I have just done the update, did the "unplug from Xbox" resetting instructions and then recalibrated the wheel, inc pedals and it took away the non progression issue :)

DMP14
24-05-2015, 11:19
Hello guys, new to this forum stuff. Just received the Madcatz Xbox one wheel, any idea how I can download the new firmware from a MacBook Pro? Having some trouble.... Cheers.

CLOWN KAOSZ
28-05-2015, 12:51
Hi,

I also purchased the Madcatz wheel. Unfortunatly I had some issues with the first one, but within 2 days I received a new one.
But I have a question. I've seen different topics regarding FFB for wheels but is there a specific topic for the Madcatz wheel? I'm struggling with the right settings so I'm hoping somebody got help me out!

Much thanks!

RC Bizkiller248
28-05-2015, 21:51
Hi everyone, some players have issues with the new patch (1.3) on Xbox One with the Madcatz. Now they must to turn their wheel really hard (maybe 200° or more) to take the "eau rouge" at Spa, and other fast corners. So the steering wheel have a problem, can you help us ?
I work for PCARS Community France so I hope you have the answers :)! Thanks guys !

CLOWN KAOSZ
29-05-2015, 09:54
Hi everyone, some players have issues with the new patch (1.3) on Xbox One with the Madcatz. Now they must to turn their wheel really hard (maybe 200° or more) to take the "eau rouge" at Spa, and other fast corners. So the steering wheel have a problem, can you help us ?
I work for PCARS Community France so I hope you have the answers :)! Thanks guys !

Hi,

Yesterday I didn't play PCars so I don't know how the new patch is with the Madcatz wheel. Today I will ride Spa to see if I have the same experience. Can you tell us what kind of car was used to create a same like condition?
Also I will try to change the different settings to see if this makes a difference.

If it doesn't we will have to contact PCars to make a complaint and hope that they can fix this problem with a new patch in the future.

Tillj
29-05-2015, 12:40
Anyone else experience this? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28487-Wheel-Veers-when-stationary

RC Bizkiller248
29-05-2015, 13:30
Hi,

Yesterday I didn't play PCars so I don't know how the new patch is with the Madcatz wheel. Today I will ride Spa to see if I have the same experience. Can you tell us what kind of car was used to create a same like condition?
Also I will try to change the different settings to see if this makes a difference.

If it doesn't we will have to contact PCars to make a complaint and hope that they can fix this problem with a new patch in the future.

There is no relationship between the cars and the wheel. Every type of car have this problem... In fact it's like really hold cars, there is no power steering, you must turn and turn the wheel to take a 180° corner (and maybe turn the wheel at 90° to take a simply corner). Now Formula A has the same steering wheel as the old Volkswagen Beetle ^^

RC Bizkiller248
29-05-2015, 21:05
Up !

KevinSuan
30-05-2015, 06:31
I have the same issue with 1.3 patch. I put all settings to default and recalibrate the steering wheel and now works good.
The 1.3 patch put the steering dead zone to 15 and other settings that i can't remember in strange values.
Set all to default and recalibrate steering wheel, pedals and force feedback. I take force feedback values from Jack Spade's sheet.

tubbychris1
30-05-2015, 07:46
I have the same issue with 1.3 patch. I put all settings to default and recalibrate the steering wheel and now works good.
The 1.3 patch put the steering dead zone to 15 and other settings that i can't remember in strange values.
Set all to default and recalibrate steering wheel, pedals and force feedback. I take force feedback values from Jack Spade's sheet.

Same. Although after the patch and reconfig etc I had my first issues with missing FFB. 1st was in time trial and merc at willow springs, had to restart xbox. 2nd was annoying as it was in a lobby multiplayer game, I was in FC and I had no right FFB only left which was strange. I just unplugged the wheel from xbox and plugged back in at back to normal. Other than that wheel FFB is ok with patch.

CLOWN KAOSZ
30-05-2015, 11:46
I got an answer from the game director/designer that in the next patch (1.4) they will take a look at the Madcatz wheel to improve! So they're working on it.

In the meantime I also will do a reset and calibrate the wheel, ffb and pedals! I have the spreadsheet from Jack Spade so I think it will be ok.

CLOWN KAOSZ
31-05-2015, 20:00
My wheel works a lot better after the patch. I don't have any issues while turning into corners etc.

DRiiFT3R oTRAo
01-06-2015, 06:34
Has anyone here had the problem of the madcatz wheel locking up and jolting violently please let me know how this can be fixed thanks

CLOWN KAOSZ
01-06-2015, 10:58
Has anyone here had the problem of the madcatz wheel locking up and jolting violently please let me know how this can be fixed thanks

Did you do a hard reset with your wheel?!
If not, you can do this in the order like is described at the link below. It helped with my wheel! Do you also have the latest firmware?

http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/521/190/my-pro-racing-ffb-wheel-for-xbox-one-pedals-are-not-working-as-expected---help

S19RBS
01-06-2015, 14:32
How do you download the latest firmware to the Madcatz unit?
I have just received replacement madcatz after my original wheel did not show in the controls menu.
Just haven't a clue how to download the latest firmware for it?
Sorry to be a pain.

CLOWN KAOSZ
01-06-2015, 16:11
No pain at all, if I can help you get the most out of your wheel!

You have to go to the original website from madcatz. There you'll see a topic about project cars. If you go to the end of the page there you'll find a link for the firmware download.

The most important thing is to check if you got a 32 or 64bit. Choose the right one and you download the firmware. Then it's pretty easy to put the firmware via the usb on your wheel!

Let me know if it worked out!

DRiiFT3R oTRAo
01-06-2015, 19:05
Yeah i did the hard reset and firmware update thanks for your help i can now race again without the wheel locking up

CLOWN KAOSZ
02-06-2015, 05:41
Yeah i did the hard reset and firmware update thanks for your help i can now race again without the wheel locking up

Good to hear!

S19RBS
02-06-2015, 19:34
Thanks Clown, I have just updated the firmware, gonna try it out now!
Thank you.

CLOWN KAOSZ
03-06-2015, 10:27
Thanks Clown, I have just updated the firmware, gonna try it out now!
Thank you.

No problem at all!
If you have more questions let me know :)

Buzzwah
04-06-2015, 03:05
I downloaded the update and it completely screwed my wheel and peddles . I had to contact Madcatz and reset my wheel to the original settings.
same as in the post above .

CLOWN KAOSZ
04-06-2015, 10:59
I downloaded the update and it completely screwed my wheel and peddles . I had to contact Madcatz and reset my wheel to the original settings.
same as in the post above .

I had the same issue, when I first downloaded the firmware I pressed the throttle and brakes for about 1mm and it was already at 100%. But when you do the hard reset as I earlier posted then it should be fixed.

A good reminder to future new firmware. After downloading first do a hard reset before using the wheel.

Was your problem solved after the hard reset?

IbanOne
14-11-2015, 15:53
Thank you so much!!! (Gracias, yo también soy de España ;) ) I had the same problem with the pedals, and thanks to you I have solved it. Really, thank you so much for the information, it is very usefull. Saludos!!