PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the handbrake?!

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 15:21
I know all along the handbrake is on A button. But it rarely happens anything pushing it, sometimes when turning around after having spun for the 11.000 time you think the car actually spun a little yanking the handbrake but its like you dont really know.

Driving the G40 today I suddenly noticed that the A button more behaved like a clutch!?
So I thought: "oh, thats why I got no handbrake! i put the clutch on that button!"

NO!

Because then I switch to the little caterham 7, the slow one, and what do you know?!!
Pushing A locks up the tires!! In all speeds!
I was having a great time playing with it! Like I was 18 again on a parking lot in an old volvo! ;)
But of course you cant countersteer or catch anything because of how things are but the brakes works!

But on all other cars... Almost nothing happens!
So? Whats wrong here?
Is the handbrake to weak on all other cars to lock up the wheels!?

Disease
12-05-2015, 15:24
this bothered me also.. as you need to have a button assigned to it that i would rather use elsewhere and it doesn't seem to even work?

MysterG
12-05-2015, 15:26
Not all cars actually have a handbrake, thus it does nothing. It is mostly feature of the road cars.

Disease
12-05-2015, 15:33
that did cross my mind MysterG, and that leads me to the annoyance of it being mandatory to have a button assigned to it
:( the tx is already short on buttons

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 17:36
Well it really seems to be a clutch when a car has no handbrake.