PDA

View Full Version : [ACKNOWLEDGED] Multiple Setups

Krieg 1
12-05-2015, 15:28
First off I am really enjoying this game (83 hours played thus far lol) and all the different elements that go into a race weekend. Something I have been looking for long time now. However, as the title states, I can not save multiple setups.

This is the major concern for me in this game. With SO many different variables you are only allowed 1 setup per track. How in the world did "built by racers for racers" not bring this up as a major issue thru the 4 years of development? Also can anyone answer the question "Are we going to be able to save multiple setups?"? ...as to be fair it's a killer for me using excel (and next gen paper in pen when in MP) to make track notes :( very annoying

For instance you have:
Wet Qualifying
Dry Qualifying
Hot temp quali (day)
Cold temp quali (night)

Wet Race
Dry Race hot temp
Dry race cold temp

Then multiply all the race setups by:
The various length endurance races you prepare for (leagues)
And a sprint race

That is a lot of setups. And the worst part is when you have to switch from your dry to rain setup...you must then remember your dry settings (or use next gen paper and pen lolz) so you can revert back after the race. Please please please tell me we are going to have this option soon. Thank you in advance for your time :)

Deadzone
12-05-2015, 15:46
I too would like to know if this is just how it's always going to be or if multiple setup saves is something that's being worked on.

Krieg 1
13-05-2015, 14:15
Anyone with insight on this subject?

Siberian Tiger
13-05-2015, 14:30
Not directly insight... BUT:

The was also a very Big Wish from the WMD Community, but the DEV's simply run out of Time to implement this Feature for Release...

I can not give a guarantee for this but im pretty sure it will come some day...

NegSpec13
13-05-2015, 15:26
I really hope so. Being limited in setups can be infuriating.

Krieg 1
16-05-2015, 15:04

The was also a very Big Wish from the WMD Community, but the DEV's simply run out of Time to implement this Feature for Release...

Thank you

CRLCactus
16-05-2015, 18:54
rFactor 2 has multiple setup saving for each tracks you just name the setups and you can also go to the different file locations of the different tracks while in a Practice or Qual or warmup and load previous versions of the other tracks that are similar with slight changes that can be made in setups for different track you are on now
So please Number One make it so

Thanks for taking the time to write this game.
Steve (Cactus)

cconti
07-06-2015, 05:54
If they opened the setups to the API there are already a couple of really good telemetry apps that could capture a car setup and easily export it as a CSV or XML file.
This would be useful for the telemetry app as well, so one can compare laps AND the setup used in each lap.
It would still be primitive to have to reenter your setups manually but it beats screenshots and exporting them manually to your own spreadsheet.

As a plus, the impact on the devs in terms of additional work would be minimal. Now, if they also allowed some sort of import, that would be great, but almost anything is better than the way it is now.

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 16:28
If we had multiple tunes for a track, maybe the one at the top of the list is the defaul for the track and tune loading could be enabled on the lobby screen if theres no practice or qualifying?

Kev1eighty7
01-07-2015, 17:15
Suggestion: would it not be better to allow us to save mumtiple setups (say 3-5 slots) that way we can
1. Write the time next to it of our best lap
2. Not have to constantly overwrite setups (and then forget what felt better if we made a change and loose original better setup)
3. Have the capabiltiy to save a wet setup

What do you guys think? If anyone has played the codemasters F1 series it has the capability on that game and its a great addition

Cheers

Mahjik
01-07-2015, 17:17
Merged threads with existing Feature Suggestion...

ENDR
02-07-2015, 06:47
Suggestion: would it not be better to allow us to save mumtiple setups (say 3-5 slots) that way we can
1. Write the time next to it of our best lap
2. Not have to constantly overwrite setups (and then forget what felt better if we made a change and loose original better setup)
3. Have the capabiltiy to save a wet setup

What do you guys think? If anyone has played the codemasters F1 series it has the capability on that game and its a great addition

SLOTS? You're a PC guy - act like it!
Slots are good for consoles, cause there's pretty much no other way of doing a setup saving system with the limited input devices they have. But on PC we need a proper system of saving as many setups as you damn well please, preferably as simple XML files, so that you can easily share them online.
In short - we need a setup system just like the one in Assetto Corsa (trollolo, SMS guys :P).

Bealdor
02-07-2015, 06:52
Multiple setups will come in a future update guys:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25889-In-depth-constructive-feedback&p=971550&viewfull=1#post971550

The Pope Of Grope
12-07-2015, 15:15
ahh a like minded person, the multiple set up is essential, i recently posted on this very issue and have kindly been given a link to your post here, (thanks to moderator for that) without the ability to load and save multiple setups this game will simply fall miles short of being playable due to not having adequate control over your vehicles and tracks / environments. this is a major issue that needs top priority, its play-ability 101 . .

Ronnie Peterson
24-07-2015, 22:36
Its simply ridiculous as it currently stands with no ability to create and load multiple setups for each car/track.

YES OR NO, IS THIS GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTED SOMETIME SOON?

Schnizz58
24-07-2015, 22:37
Its simply ridiculous as it currently stands with no ability to create and load multiple setups for each car/track.

YES OR NO, IS THIS GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTED SOMETIME SOON?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24173-ACKNOWLEDGED-Multiple-Setups&p=1026808&viewfull=1#post1026808

xxTheGoDxx
31-07-2015, 21:53
I would really like to go wild and change allot of values without giving up the setup that I know works for me. Seems like such a no brainer feature.

EDIT: potter = per

FS7
01-08-2015, 22:21
Afaik developers are aware of that and plan on including that at some point.

STEELJOCKEY
08-08-2015, 02:21
So far I can't see this added in patch 3.0 yet. Looks like we're stuck with single setups per car, per track for a while yet. Frustrating

AdM1
08-08-2015, 02:23
Lets get the set ups actually saving correctly first lol.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
08-08-2015, 02:59
I've been saving setups to tracks I never use. Save a good one, try something else, and if it's not better, just load the old one. No, it's not ideal, but it works until they add multiples.

AdM1
08-08-2015, 03:03
Writing them down is another suggestion too but I do think this is low priority

Perhaps the next patch.

ElfjeTwaalfje
25-08-2015, 09:41
Just to let you know I was surprised as well that there is no way to safe multiple setups, regardless of track/car. Tinkering with setups involves setup names, adding remarks to the setup, forking setups etc. LFS has it, AC has it, .... and Project Cars has not. Driving PC is good, improving the car is severely underdeveloped.

redrick
25-08-2015, 10:14

Hmmm. All I can say is that it is very annoying to be playing what in many ways seems an unfinished beta version and to hear nothing but talk about Project Cars 2.

SeeNoWeevil
26-08-2015, 18:06
At the other end of the scale, I really want to save a setup for the car regardless of track. Essentially, I want to tweak the base setup to get a good base for making individual track tunes if I desire (or not). I can do this and then overwrite all tracks with it but it's not very elegant and quite cumbersome.

Des Harberger
17-10-2015, 02:39
WTF. This game has been out long enough to have something as simple as the ability to name a saved setup. I am sick to death of having to re-enter setups from a fucking website or note pad. This 3rd party setup idea although good should not have been needed or even created if you had this system was in place. Now with a locked setup it changes my set to default and I can't reload it, I have to completely re-enter it. Oh and the ability to share setups in lobby, like almost every other sim racing game ever created.

McSoulSuckerrr
18-10-2015, 22:09
What I whould like to be able to do is go into timetrial, and create a setup for a car/track, and save it under its own name. Then to make some changes to try to improve the setup/time, and then when I do over-write the old setting. I dont want to first go into free practise create the setup/save it, and then have to quit out, and then go into TT. What if I want to change the setup Again? I then have to quit out of TT, and go into free practise to make the changes before heading back into TT. Sorry that doesent do it for me! They have to skip the free practise, and make the process a Little less laboursome

DragonSyr
14-01-2016, 09:00
finally, is there a case to have the ability to save at least in 6 different setup slots for each car per track???

not know about you , but for me is a requirement to have deferent setups for qual , race , rain, and 3 more for testings (qual,race,rain)

any news about this?

Neil Bateman
14-01-2016, 10:37
Its unlikely for pcars1, it was something that most wmd members asked for all through development and it never happened.

Since release every man and his dog has been asking for it but still no joy, IMHO if there had not been so many problems and it had not taken 7 months of patches to fix most of them i do think we would have probably had it by now, right now i think we are too close to the end of the support for pcars1 for this to change, only fixes and dlc left but no new features.

DragonSyr
14-01-2016, 11:35
I can not understand what's the point το have dozens of settings in car setup if ι can not select a different setup.

Is there anyone who makes changes on the fly?????????? how do this? remembers what need every track every car???? i dont think so!!
so the setups right now is a total fail for my opinion.
also pcars is the first sim i know so far which has no more than 1 setup slot,whereas it should have infinite saves (custom named files)
pity and unfair for a game like this...

i give -1000 to SMS for this..........:frown-new::neglected::uncomfortableness:

Didd31
14-01-2016, 12:47
Having a single setup by combo cars/track, is for me the best system to simulate the reality of mechanical sport and suddenly force the player to do mechanics. Each condition of race needs its own setting, it is to the mecanical engineer to adapt quickly and efficiently the car for the situation, the sim-racing player have to do that. It is a driving simulator but also a mechanical simulator, automomobile sport is before a mechanical sport. On this subject the SMS did things very well, according for me.

( translate from my French sorry if there is mistakes )

F2kSel
14-01-2016, 13:49
Having a single setup by combo cars/track, is for me the best system to simulate the reality of mechanical sport and suddenly force the player to do mechanics. Each condition of race needs its own setting, it is to the mecanical engineer to adapt quickly and efficiently the car for the situation, the sim-racing player have to do that. It is a driving simulator but also a mechanical simulator, automomobile sport is before a mechanical sport. On this subject the SMS did things very well, according for me.

( translate from my French sorry if there is mistakes )

Some drivers will take another setup from another drive if he's having problems.
They also will look at previous settings and use them as a base line in some circumstances.