PDA

View Full Version : [SEE POST 27 INSIDE!] PATCH INFO HERE

ItchyBear
12-05-2015, 15:42
Hi, wondered if anyone has any idea on when the Xbox One patch might appear?

Are we talking hours, days, weeks, months? I've been in touch with Microsoft to ask & all they do is point us here to known issues... something of a joke on their part I guess?

Will be as patient as we can here, but if the XBO isn't going to measure up personally I'd consider dumping the Xbox One for the PC version, just need some guidance on current situation, if that's at all possible?

Appreciate you guys will be busy and have lots to address, many thanks in advance.

Iceman07
12-05-2015, 15:45
The patch is already passed to Microsoft. They have to test and approve it now. But I can't tell you how long Microsoft will need for it.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 15:49
Wait for an announcement, there is no point speculating.

How long is a piece of string? ;) (Hopefully not too long in this case)

Loochst3r
12-05-2015, 15:49
Ian said yesterday that it wasn't with Microsoft yet, as it has to go through Bandai first.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 15:54
Plan for a week, and be happy if it comes sooner.

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 16:01
It will be a little longer guys.

Namco are going to test for 2-3 days before passing to Microsoft who will then also test.

ItchyBear
12-05-2015, 16:06
Thank you for the information Ian, with just those two lines we can go do other things for a while longer.

Sincerely appreciated

The Monk
12-05-2015, 16:14
Hey Ian,
is there anything in the update helping towards the FFB issues with the racing wheels?

Retro_uk
12-05-2015, 16:27
Eeeeeeh..while I get these things need to be tested by MS, as someone who preordered this on the digigal store (and therefore paid for it well in advance) I'm more than a little miffed that it looks like being over a week since it launched before I'll get to play it properly.

What I find almost unforgiveable is that no one at the devs seem to notice the anolog stick using barely 40% of movement for steering before it was released on the store. How does something like that happen when pretty much everyone buying it noticed the moment they started playing?

Seps1974
12-05-2015, 16:36
So the agreement with Namco goes way further than just taking care of the game distribution.
Everytime the game needs a patch with will take twice the time to reach us, just because it has to go through Namco instead of going straight to MS.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 16:36
Eeeeeeh..while I get these things need to be tested by MS, as someone who preordered this on the digigal store (and therefore paid for it well in advance) I'm more than a little miffed that it looks like being over a week since it launched before I'll get to play it properly.

What I find almost unforgiveable is that no one at the devs seem to notice the anolog stick using barely 40% of movement for steering before it was released on the store. How does something like that happen when pretty much everyone buying it noticed the moment they started playing?

Because it doesn't happen to everyone. I tested this issue out with the Telemetry and my stick is perfectly fine. For full lock I have to use 100% of the stick movement.

Gamers need to learn that there is only so much going to be found with small in house testing. It isn't until you release it to the millions that you start to find everything. Which is why developers need to learn that mass scale public BETA testing should pretty much be mandatory nowadays.

Beav
12-05-2015, 16:37
This regarding the awkward handling?

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 16:37
No gaming for me this week then, I will do some fly fishing instead.

KnifePartyLFC
12-05-2015, 16:40
Does this update include the steering fix aswell as the improved optimisation?

AsHeavenIsWide
12-05-2015, 16:51
Looks like we will be waiting a few weeks than.

When the patch goes live can we have the patch notes availiable plese :)

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 16:55
Looks like we will be waiting a few weeks than.

When the patch goes live can we have the patch notes availiable plese :)

You can be sure that the Patch Notes will be made public ;)

This was also made during the whole Developement Process at WMD...

DeviR11
12-05-2015, 17:06
Great, so i am currently using my own patch, rubber band around the analog stick. And honestly, it is very disappointing to be forced to do such a thing. I paid 60 euros for the game, and then i have to bothering my mind, how to make it run properly.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 17:08
Because it doesn't happen to everyone. I tested this issue out with the Telemetry and my stick is perfectly fine. For full lock I have to use 100% of the stick movement.

Gamers need to learn that there is only so much going to be found with small in house testing. It isn't until you release it to the millions that you start to find everything. Which is why developers need to learn that mass scale public BETA testing should pretty much be mandatory nowadays.

What?!? You are the first person I heard say this!
If that really is the case then what have you done that we havent?
Its not possible for this to only be for some, if its not a localisation problem.

Where do you live? What region do you have set on the xbox, and language?
Do I have to delete all savings and everything and reinstall again?
I want what you have!

bobblebob
12-05-2015, 17:39
So the agreement with Namco goes way further than just taking care of the game distribution.
Everytime the game needs a patch with will take twice the time to reach us, just because it has to go through Namco instead of going straight to MS.

MS testing and Namco testing will be different. Namco will test to make sure the patch does what it says. MS dont care if the patch fixes bugs. They only test it to make sure it doesnt break Xbox Live or any of their systems

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 17:42
What?!? You are the first person I heard say this!
If that really is the case then what have you done that we havent?
Its not possible for this to only be for some, if its not a localisation problem.

Where do you live? What region do you have set on the xbox, and language?
Do I have to delete all savings and everything and reinstall again?
I want what you have!

It is entirely possible for this to only affect some. Some of you need to get rid of the idea that because the hardware is the same for all issues must affect all. That is not the case at all.

Believe me, If it only used 40% of the stick then I would be complaining about it.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 17:45
It is entirely possible for this to only affect some. Some of you need to get rid of the idea that because the hardware is the same for all issues must affect all. That is not the case at all.

Believe me, If it only used 40% of the stick then I would be complaining about it.

Yes but if you got it right, I can, everybody can.
So please answer my questions. You have done something we havent

Dynomight Motorsports
12-05-2015, 17:46
Wow, that sucks about the Pads. Glad to see they didn't make it stupid easy though. The last few titles on X360 gave Pad players an advantage of upwards of 2 seconds over wheel players ie. F1 2014

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 17:51
May we ask for the Changelog?

Guys, i read so much about "weak" force feedback in your posts. I can tell you the FF is not weak and it is no bug. For sure, there is always room for improvement as we can see on Jack Spades tweaking files. But in general the FF is in accordance with what you would feel in real life! Therefore every car is different! Some Basic Rules:

.) dont expect rumbles on flat curbs! Even if there is ratling sound (may be there is soundbug)
.) dont expect rumble if the weight of the car is on the outside. In this case the inner wheels just touching the curbs slightly
.) dont expect much steering force from cars with power steering, as it is in real life

And last but not least, check your wheel settings and compare with suggested settings provided by the Community!

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 17:55
Hey Ian,
is there anything in the update helping towards the FFB issues with the racing wheels?

No, we're rushing this one out as it's game breaking for some so it has to be top priority.

We will though be looking into all issues and requests to ship in future patches probably with DLC.

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 17:56

They have to protect their reputation. I fully understand and appreciate their help here.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 18:03
They have to protect their reputation. I fully understand and appreciate their help here.

In the end it is better for the gamer. I mean obviously you SMS guys looked and tested it. Now Namco is, and then MS will. Should pretty much guarantee this issue will be nothing but a memory.

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 18:05
Patch info.

Fixed Issues -

- Issue where cars would garage into closed garages in Zolder
- Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC
- Re-enabled saving of Community ghosts
- Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers
- Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz
- Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction
- XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble. XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent
- The driver can no longer be switched in MP races and time trials
- Fix for NULL pointer protection when accessing ProximityDetector GUI

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 18:09
Yes but if you got it right, I can, everybody can.
So please answer my questions. You have done something we havent

It could be for 1 of a million reasons. Localization options are highly unlikely to be the cause.

Ian said they managed to replicate it, so ask him what they did to replicate it and what the issue actually is.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 18:10
Well its great that they are testing what ever it is they are testing. Dont think its actually driving.
Dont know if you know how gt6 have been since it launched, with every patch something new got changed in the driving engine and changed how the cars behaved, sometimes it was the MR cars, other all cars.
Its been like 4-5 different games since launch! And every time we have this drivermaffia on the forums telling everybody how bad drivers they are and nothing is wrong! Its hilarious!

What I am saying is that things got changed by mistake! And nobody would know if there wasnt for some of us beeing very picky and anal about how cars behave.

Well, take your time testing, dont want something else to change for the worse!

c172fccc
12-05-2015, 18:12
- Changed XB1 pad rumble to only update during the per frame tick and not at 600hz

Does that fix the "rubberbanding bug" while braking (well, everytime the pad vibrate)?

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 18:17
It could be for 1 of a million reasons. Localization options are highly unlikely to be the cause.

Ian said they managed to replicate it, so ask him what they did to replicate it and what the issue actually is.

Well what steering settings have you got?
You should start a thread with ALL your settings, ingame as well as on your xbox.
Do you have a kinect unit?
Did you have VERY bad steering from the start or has it been good all along?
Did you patch after installing 100%?
If Ian could answer this he would, he doesnt want us to wait for the patch to enjoy the game.

Seps1974
12-05-2015, 18:18
Thanks for keeping us updated Ian.

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 18:19
Does that fix the "rubberbanding bug" while braking (well, everytime the pad vibrate)?

This one we couldn't replicate but this was put in as a potential fix.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 18:24
No, we're rushing this one out as it's game breaking for some so it has to be top priority.

We will though be looking into all issues and requests to ship in future patches probably with DLC.

I do believe this issue to be gamebreaking to some as well though. Switching over from PC to X1 the default FFB is completely off. It is not 1:1. I think this is just as important as the controller problems because we are not getting the experience that is meant for the game.

c172fccc
12-05-2015, 18:28
This one we couldn't replicate but this was put in as a potential fix.

It seems to be more frequent on pc with a PS3 pad with a software like motioninjoy.

Phishfinger
12-05-2015, 18:29
Well that's brilliant news about the patch, it sounds like it should sort out the main Xbox issues and then some. Having adjusted to using the stick with the reduced range, it might make us better drivers when we're able to be more accurate with the steering, look out wheel users! :D

Schmitty72
12-05-2015, 18:31
Great Work !!!

Project Cars ist a great Game and have hard working Devīs the only Thing I can say:

Thanks

PumaSpec
12-05-2015, 18:33
Yes. TY Ian and Team :D

DanFiskF1
12-05-2015, 18:38
Thanks Ian for the updates. Just a question about the frame rate drops and multiplayer browsing. Is there a timescale for a later patch?

Ian Bell
12-05-2015, 18:56
Thanks Ian for the updates. Just a question about the frame rate drops and multiplayer browsing. Is there a timescale for a later patch?

We're pushing constantly on frame-rate and are finding a little more every few days. This will ship in a future patch.

wraithsrike
12-05-2015, 19:15

Mine only uses approximately only 40% of the stick also, I'd also like to add I have 7 friends that are trying to play this on th xbox one and all our issues are exactly the same.

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 19:24

You are the only one I've seen that has 100% of the stick movement, all others need to know what you did to achieve this, so please can you share your settings ?

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 19:34
Please can you share your settings ?

Yeah, I just deleted everything from my xbox and installed the game without being connected to the internet, then restartrd xbox, downloaded patch, restarted again, then started the game.
Problem is that it now downloaded my save and everything was just like before.
Maybe deleting the cloud save would have made a difference?!

Right now we really need to start a thread about how many have full steering with a pad!
I have only heard of mr menaceuk. Are there anymore?
If not, what the hell have you done?! :)

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 19:54
Well what steering settings have you got?
You should start a thread with ALL your settings, ingame as well as on your xbox.
Do you have a kinect unit?
Did you have VERY bad steering from the start or has it been good all along?
Did you patch after installing 100%?
If Ian could answer this he would, he doesnt want us to wait for the patch to enjoy the game.

Been fine from the start.
No Kinect
I have the disc version. I installed offline. I updated after installing.
I am in the UK
Console is set to UK & English
I have quick start up enabled
I have nothing connected to the console other than a wireless controller

My steering settings...

Mode 3
Steering dead zone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Throttle Dead Zone - 0
Throttle Sensitivty - 35
Brake Dead Zone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 20
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering - 50
Advanced - On
Steering Dampening - On
*The two other advanced settings are off*

If I had an active live sub I would be able to show you it working just fine.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 19:57

We will though be looking into all issues and requests to ship in future patches probably with DLC.Could we please ask for acknowledgement that there is an issue with FFB on the TX Racing Wheel just to give the rest of us some peace of mind. I know there are plenty of things you can do via settings and setups to get a decent feel from the wheel but something doesn't seem quite right to me and many others on here who have been tinkering since release with no real joy. If there is acknowledgement to a problem with the FFB on the Wheels I can sit back and patiently wait instead of blitzing through a the career mode only to find theres a fix when its too late and the game is all but finished.
Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted.

Freestyler0908
12-05-2015, 20:00
Please fix the tx wheel ff bug. When you are in pit and use the pit monitor, or invite a friend, then ff is completely lost.
have to disconnect the wheel from x1, to get ff back.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 20:08
No Kinect
I am in the UK

My steering settings...

Mode 3
Steering dead zone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Throttle Dead Zone - 0
Throttle Sensitivty - 35
Brake Dead Zone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 20
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Advanced - On
Steering Dampening - On

Thanks!
Well, you did the correct installation from the start. Before you played the game.
My save is from the first nonpatched game, since the patch didnt stick until I reinstalled.
Maybe I should reinstall again but how do I delete the cloud save?
I could just cancel when it starts to download it I guess...

No, after patching I start the game offline of course!

Edit: just signing out and stsrting the game with another profile should be enough, if the faulty steering is in the old save somehow, but that didnt work.

Dont have the time or patience to play around with the installation anymore :(

L4velle
12-05-2015, 20:11
Thanks Ian and the team for keeping us up to date. Hopefully this fixes the main ganebreakers. Once the frame rate issues are sorted we have the complete racing simulator to enjoy for the forsee able future. I hope you can come to some kind of resolution with Microsoft to bring us racing lobbies to make it easier to find the race type that you would like online.

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 20:27
Thanks!
Well, you did the correct installation from the start. Before you played the game.
My save is from the first nonpatched game, since the patch didnt stick until I reinstalled.
Maybe I should reinstall again but how do I delete the cloud save?
I could just cancel when it starts to download it I guess...

No, after patching I start the game offline of course!

Go to games and apps, press the start button on your PC Cars game save, click manage, then delete everywhere.

Outlier
12-05-2015, 20:30
Well, I thought perhaps this was NOT impacting me. I pre-installed via digital DL and played for about 30 min last night. I picked pro level difficulty and changed shifting to manual (and mapped gears to B and X).

i started my career in the Clio cup car and could not control it at all. I thought it was just getting used to new physics and perhaps some controller and tuning adjustments needed. Then I tried out an R8 LMS today and found it much more controllable. I was about to post that the steering seems to be okay for me but tried out the Clio again and confirmed that only about half of the steering range of the controller is being used! Again I struggled to complete a lap without spinning.

If I have time later, I'll check if the issue doesn't impact the R8 LMS. Or perhaps the extra grip makes up for the over sensitive steering.

This game does seem awesome though. I won't give up on it but looking forward to the patch.

Also thanks Ian for dropping in to provide updates. It goes a long way to keep customer confidence!

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 20:43
To menaceuk:

Do you have 100% stick use on the right stick too?

TheCrazySwede
12-05-2015, 21:29
I am so very confused right now....

I know there was a release date patch....is this the same one or is this Path #2?
Also, do we have to un-install everything, even our cloud save, and re-do everything from scratch in order to apply the patch?
Has anyone tried this new patch and can confirm that the steering issues are gone?

misery guts
12-05-2015, 21:31
I've been really enjoying the game so far, but for sure the various issues have slightly taken the shine off of it. I'm just really impressed at not only how interactive the devs are with us but how quickly they're working to put things right. It makes a change, if only all devs had this attitude. This game has gigantic potential, it'll be amazing once the issues are sorted. Cheers guys.

Neil Bateman
12-05-2015, 21:37
I am so very confused right now....

I know there was a release date patch....is this the same one or is this Path #2?
Also, do we have to un-install everything, even our cloud save, and re-do everything from scratch in order to apply the patch?
Has anyone tried this new patch and can confirm that the steering issues are gone?

This will be patch #2 and it has not been released yet.

RubberDave
12-05-2015, 21:42
I wouldn't uninstall anything right now Swede. When the next patch is available it should update automatically. Reinstalling is a workaround based on anecdotal evidence. The upcoming patch is an official release for which the devs have found a problem and a solution. I'd wait for that and see if it works before doing anything else now.

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 21:55
To menaceuk:

Do you have 100% stick use on the right stick too?

Haven't a clue.

Beagle Five
12-05-2015, 21:59
Haven't a clue.

Just look around and you will notice if the stick moves after the looking stop looking so to say.
On mine there is the same limitation as on the left stick.

TheCrazySwede
12-05-2015, 22:09
This will be patch #2 and it has not been released yet.

Ah, gotcha.

I wouldn't uninstall anything right now Swede. When the next patch is available it should update automatically. Reinstalling is a workaround based on anecdotal evidence. The upcoming patch is an official release for which the devs have found a problem and a solution. I'd wait for that and see if it works before doing anything else now.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the response. Fingers-crossed for a proper fix. Thanks again!

chillgreg
12-05-2015, 22:29

For once I agree with you :p

chillgreg
12-05-2015, 22:38
No Kinect
I am in the UK

My steering settings...

Mode 3
Steering dead zone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Throttle Dead Zone - 0
Throttle Sensitivty - 35
Brake Dead Zone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 20
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Advanced - On
Steering Dampening - On

Thanks. Have you altered the default steering ratio as some have suggested?

Also have you changed any of your button assignments? For all we know that too may cause something unwanted.

Retro_uk
13-05-2015, 02:56
I'm slightly confused. What part of that changelog is pertinent to using 100% of the left analog stick?

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 05:10
Thanks. Have you altered the default steering ratio as some have suggested?

Also have you changed any of your button assignments? For all we know that too may cause something unwanted.

Nope and nope.

I did change my manual gears and clutch buttons once, but put it back to default.

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 05:14
I'm slightly confused. What part of that changelog is pertinent to using 100% of the left analog stick?

This part

"XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent."

Retro_uk
13-05-2015, 05:20
Huh...thanks, reading on my tablet that part didn't show up for some reason. Cheers

seang337
13-05-2015, 06:10
when is the patch avalible

Westbeef
13-05-2015, 06:15
Will this fix correct my 360 controller I use on my PC?

Cliffyboy1962
13-05-2015, 06:40
Will this fix correct my 360 controller I use on my PC?

The patch being discussed here is for the Xbox one only. You will need to read PC threads for information about PC related issues.

By the Way, thanks Ian and associates for all the hard work and constant updates.

fangiojr
13-05-2015, 06:53

I hope so, right now the frame rate when racing is unplayable for me.

menaceuk
13-05-2015, 06:56
It is a shame this has no performance increase. Hopefully in the net patch, which hopefully will not be too far away.

Westbeef
13-05-2015, 07:37
The patch being discussed here is for the Xbox one only. You will need to read PC threads for information about PC related issues.

By the Way, thanks Ian and associates for all the hard work and constant updates.

there's a post about use of X box one Control pads in the PC forum and it directs me to here. Also I can find no mention of my specific issue.

Acksios
13-05-2015, 14:57
Please fix the tx wheel ff bug. When you are in pit and use the pit monitor, or invite a friend, then ff is completely lost.
have to disconnect the wheel from x1, to get ff back.

I have the same issue but I do not disconnects wheel. What I do is just exit the race and restart it. From the second I press exit my ffb is working again. Hope this also works for you

Freestyler0908
13-05-2015, 15:11
I have the same issue but I do not disconnects wheel. What I do is just exit the race and restart it. From the second I press exit my ffb is working again. Hope this also works for you

But this is in MP not usable...

Budski
14-05-2015, 10:47
I do believe this issue to be gamebreaking to some as well though. Switching over from PC to X1 the default FFB is completely off. It is not 1:1. I think this is just as important as the controller problems because we are not getting the experience that is meant for the game.

No ffb isn't 'game breaking' it's just annoying, not being able to steer in a racing game is properly broken.

Budski
14-05-2015, 10:52
Well that's brilliant news about the patch, it sounds like it should sort out the main Xbox issues and then some. Having adjusted to using the stick with the reduced range, it might make us better drivers when we're able to be more accurate with the steering, look out wheel users! :D

IKR, I've managed to post a top 4 time with a tiny stick travel, nearly had a meltdown in the process but I was happy when I did get a clean lap. Once the patch lands the first thing I'm gonna do is see how I do against that time, should be interesting.

Budski
14-05-2015, 11:48

haha, I'd like to see how understanding you'd be if it was your game that was unplayable

Carlosoul
14-05-2015, 18:38
Mr Bell what's the story morning glory, are we patchtastic yet?

menaceuk
14-05-2015, 19:45
haha, I'd like to see how understanding you'd be if it was your game that was unplayable

It has happened to me before. It isn't like this is the only game ever to have some pretty big issues.

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 03:22
Mr Bell what's the story morning glory, are we patchtastic yet?

It is undergoing testing, please be patient and wait for an announcement.

theZOGster
15-05-2015, 05:47
I wish I read the forum posts BEFORE I bought the game. This has been quite a taxing experience, financially and mentally. I would have been better off waiting a few weeks.

You'd think coding for a console would be imminently easier than for a PC. Every XBox One is the same, where-as PCs have hundreds of potential differences in their hardware and software.

menaceuk
15-05-2015, 07:02
I wish I read the forum posts BEFORE I bought the game. This has been quite a taxing experience, financially and mentally. I would have been better off waiting a few weeks.

You'd think coding for a console would be imminently easier than for a PC. Every XBox One is the same, where-as PCs have hundreds of potential differences in their hardware and software.

Not really. Yes, the hardware is the same, but it is new hardware, each have their own set of dev tools, and the Xbox One has different ways of going about doing things, like the ESRAM. Not to mention that these 2 platforms throw in 2 more sets of different hardware. Plus, the Game was made for PC, it has huge input from a lot of gamers at nigh on every stage of development for that platform.

Having said all that, the game is 99% fine on console. It just unfortunately had a bug that severely impacted game play for nigh on everybody.

gizziegod
15-05-2015, 11:01
Patch info.

Fixed Issues -

- Issue where cars would garage into closed garages in Zolder
- Console TT is now set to 11am to match PC
- Re-enabled saving of Community ghosts
- Added ABS brake rumble to XB1 triggers
- Use absolute acceleration values for blending and updating steering movement to prevent negative direction
- XB1 trigger rumble scaled along with FFB rumble. XB1 analogue stick range corrected to use full extent
- The driver can no longer be switched in MP races and time trials
- Fix for NULL pointer protection when accessing ProximityDetector GUI

so nothing for the total lack of in game voice chat online thats so very disappointing, so i suppose it will be weeks before my group will be able to run any more than 8 players in a lobby, i suppose im gonna have to learn to stop buying shite digitally.

WMD_ols
15-05-2015, 11:47
so nothing for the total lack of in game voice chat online thats so very disappointing, so i suppose it will be weeks before my group will be able to run any more than 8 players in a lobby, i suppose im gonna have to learn to stop buying shite digitally.

If you had been reading through the various threads properly about this patch and known issues, it would have become clear to you that this first patch was for the fix of the game-breaking controller defects and some force feedback issues. If you want in-game voice chat then I suggest you post in the "new issues" thread if indeed nobody else has posted the same issue in "known issues".

rrusso
15-05-2015, 12:05
We're pushing constantly on frame-rate and are finding a little more every few days. This will ship in a future patch.

I believe the main issue on frame drop is during multiplayer when we have the cars close.

KkDrummer
15-05-2015, 12:14

I totally understand how you feel! The reality is that this first patch is only tackling the controller issues which should be the priority anyway. All of the other issues will be patched in the coming months. I think we are looking at 3 or 4 months until these issues are ironed out....

gizziegod
15-05-2015, 14:00
If you had been reading through the various threads properly about this patch and known issues, it would have become clear to you that this first patch was for the fix of the game-breaking controller defects and some force feedback issues. If you want in-game voice chat then I suggest you post in the "new issues" thread if indeed nobody else has posted the same issue in "known issues".

well as it happens this broken feature has been reported many times in other threads maybe you should take your own advice rather than jump on someones post

Nemesis X2
15-05-2015, 15:03
well as it happens this broken feature has been reported many times in other threads maybe you should take your own advice rather than jump on someones post

Then no doubt its on their to do list, but the fact is it wasn't a priority when there are far more pressing needs around controls.

WMD_ols
15-05-2015, 15:25

yep, and as it happens I am letting you know that the first patch out was focussed on the more "high priority" issues and bugs such as handling and framerate, so don't be disappointed by lack of in-game chat in that one patch. There will be another one in the not-so-distant future I am sure.

neoprime85
15-05-2015, 17:20
yep, and as it happens I am letting you know that the first patch out was focussed on the more "high priority" issues and bugs such as handling and framerate, so don't be disappointed by lack of in-game chat in that one patch. There will be another one in the not-so-distant future I am sure.

Sorry but we're not getting any fix for the frame rate in this first patch.

Westbeef
16-05-2015, 19:04
Has this fix also corrected the Xbox One controller issues when used with the PC version?

z3r0cool77
16-05-2015, 22:41
I believe the frame rate improvements were mentioned as optimizations that are being included. You won't see them in the list of bug fixes but that doesn't mean they aren't there, along with who knows what other things.