PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like to See in Online Play ?

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 17:05
Made a thread as noone else has bothered but many are whingeing - including me !

Keep it sensible and down to 2 or 3 items, or nothing will get done:

I'll kick off with with what I've come across thus far:

1) Rating System - based on the ELO system - with Rated and Unrated lobbies.

2) A penalty system that people can vote for if drivers act like idiots.

3) Some type of collision control system - either ghosts, or a way of flagging someone if they shunt someone from behind.

4) In-Race chat with Quick Comments assigned to keys

5) Multi-race tournaments to keep people in the lobby and chatting to each other - play nice !

spence52490
12-05-2015, 18:05
1) First and foremost a better way to get the ramming fools out of the races.

2) What you said about the multiple race tournament.

3) Some sort of team system so you can have team races and perhaps a clan type ladder.

Black_Gold_Saw
12-05-2015, 19:18
1) An easy in-race voting system. Press ESC; vote kick; rammer. | Other players have to press F1/F2 F1 for yes, F2 for no.
Although u lose time mid race, u still win time cause u wont get rammed anymore.

-)If the rammer gets kicked from multiple servers, they get moved to a 'bad drivers server' where all the rammers get together.
(it's a kind of GTA5 online thing, al bad sports get with bad sports.)

I like ur number 4; like let me through im faster, those kinds of things. But people with steering wheel need to lean over to there keyboards. Kinda hard. but could be done though.
Same goes for 5, nice idea and accually should already be in the game if u tell me.

macd1102
12-05-2015, 21:29
a system similar to iracing but not as strict, it would require better driving to get in to race with top cars, eliminates the trolls

Pete_Repeat
12-05-2015, 23:41
Like the voting system. With the option to review at the end of the race.

Like the splitting of clean and dirty drivers on different servers. I don't like iracing where they limit top cars to clean drivers. Also means it limits new drivers and they are stuck with the rammers for a while. Split into servers or groups is better.

Beatmebad
13-05-2015, 00:10
i would really like to see:

1. Removing rammers or race crashers such as them being placed in there own races amongst votes and gameplay reviews

2.Penalizing a driver by other drivers if they are acting out or just wrecking people.

3. Penalities build into the game you purposely crash people on the starts then you get a few min ban and continue to increase

4. Competitive ladders and such in game

5. Competitive things are implemented into the game such that all players have access to ladders and tournaments and have options of joining.

6. This has to go with 5 but making it so people can create events on a public calendar ingame so that they can pick and choose event to compete in.

Krobo
13-05-2015, 05:54
Be nice to know what "session" the servers in before you click join ....

there seems to be a bug when you are joining a session in progress with less then 5 min of Quall left .. sometimes you can't get in at all (by designee?) or sometimes you get in but DRIVE is locked and greyed out ,if fact everything's locked except EXIT and LOBBY ..

Once Q is over it puts you in the race but with limited view where you cant cycle cockpit views ..

once the race ends and server cycles and you get in from the start or early enough, all is fine again and you can cycle views and use DRIVE, Garage ectt...

Ferrari312
13-05-2015, 06:19
I would like to see essentially the same functionality as iRacing has. You can easily spec cars during online practice from multiple camera angles, you can watch a replay easily at any time (like if you wreck out of a race). Right now, as far as I can tell, you can only view a multiplayer replay by actually completing the race, then watching it later offline. Welcome to 1995. Actually Grand Prix Legends had better multiplayer functionality. I know it's still a WIP to some degree, so hopefully this stuff will come along soon.

INIKEL
13-05-2015, 06:56
Most interesting thing that ot was ok on launch and now it mostly always fails to connect..

OffT: why do people keep disabling ABS fot their lobbies? Its damn safety! So stupid to ride without ABS (its ok to ride without other helps)

Glimiril
13-05-2015, 07:19
I would like to see the option for track days, that start at the time of creation and use weather from current circuit with out a time limit and obviously no need to set a race distance as none. Also the ability to specify exactly the cars and number of them to be used would be nice too. Once in the lobby able to swap cars once available would be good rather than exit and lobby closes down.

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 07:27
2) A penalty system that people can vote for if drivers act like idiots.

This could be easily abused, I don't like it.

Outspan33
13-05-2015, 08:22
1. Multiple Race tournaments with scoring (online championships) where you can pre select X races and then complete against your mates.
2. Search for Friends sessions

thegt500
13-05-2015, 18:51
1. Multiple Race tournaments with scoring (online championships) where you can pre select X races and then complete against your mates.
2. Search for Friends sessions

I like these two suggestions.
I'd also like to see :
Lobby host being able to adjust the end of race time limit. Too many times I've been left waiting for very slow drivers or idiots sitting trackside and having to wait for the counter to reach zero.
Give the host the ability to kick aggressive or abusive players rather than the voting system. If the lobby holds several friends of a 'bad' driver, there's the possibility that driver won't get the necessary kick votes.

bent_toe
13-05-2015, 19:21
The ability to search for servers with different setups.
I.e cockpit only, full damage etc

Spectator would also be nice

Hill climb stages

rpastry
13-05-2015, 22:07
CO-Op season like they have in F1. I play with my brother and would like it if we were team mates VS AI grid same as 1 player.

georgex
14-05-2015, 08:11
I would like to see a system like iRacing too, whit one certain circuit each weeks, races each hour (or two hours depending the circuit length) and a racers ranking, filtering for each player preferences (i like play without any assist, manual transmission and with my logitech wheel, and it does not seem right play against another player with all the assistance and joystick ), and of course the voting system for the trolls.
P/D: Sorry for my bad english.

fitz the viking
14-05-2015, 10:16
a structured style of racing. 5 mins of qualifying, a race and then move to the next track and repeat. its very difficult to find a lobby where you dont do the same track for hours on end, if i have practices at n ring for an hour, qualified for 30 mins for a 2 lap race to then practice the n ring for an hour again. people then leave at a huge rate so the social side is lacking. maybe even a little 5 race mini league of random tracks? hope that makes sense.

fitz the viking
14-05-2015, 10:19
The ability to search for servers with different setups.
I.e cockpit only, full damage etc

Spectator would also be nice

Hill climb stages

hell yes, i didnt buy this game to stare at some fake hands and wheel, i like to see that car i am racing. too many times i go into lobbies and have to wait for the slow menu to tick over to see if its forced cockpit view. being able to view restrictions would be fantastic.

Antiversum
17-05-2015, 19:34
-cockpit camera always allowed (why should I get forced to use the view directly above the track? are the mirrors so much of an advantage?)
-disqualify players if they don't move for more than 10 or 15 seconds or at least put the car in the box
-proper filter (driving assists, cameras...)
-somehow address the rammer problem

Sinisass
17-05-2015, 20:19
No collision as option, Forza Motorsport 5 docet.

iamthenight
17-05-2015, 21:31
bugatti

321Respawn
18-05-2015, 00:35
A penalty system for people that quit races or frequently quit races .Kind of annoying to start with 16 and end with 2 .

SprinterTRD
18-05-2015, 02:37
Cross platform Racing

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 03:03
Cross platform Racing

This would be awesome, I know that PS4 and PC could do it (war thunder is a game that does PC and PS4 cross play), and maybe even WiiU, but being that Microsoft is set against crossplay you'll probably wont see a xbox one game being cross play until Microsoft chamges their stance amd allow the xbox one to cross play with PC and PS4.

The one thing I would add to the list is a spectator mode in the lobby (like how GT5 amd GT6 does with its lobby).

georgex
18-05-2015, 05:31
A question... this is a post for things we want to see in project cars (?), because the game already have a online platform and i dont know if the developers companies of this game have intention to change or add others functionalities in the already release game, looking the comments of this entry i dont see any WMD member posting something or comment if all the things we want to see in the online mode have a possibility to be in the future.
To resume: this post entry is only to know what we want seen in this game in a parallel reality or in other game?
P/D: sorry for my bad english.

Snotter
18-05-2015, 14:28
A penalty system for people that leave online races because they missed a gear/corner etc.
12 ppl start and i come last in 4th position because of people leaving.......

Its just annoying

Psebcool
18-05-2015, 15:01
- Dedicated ATH window to the best lap times of the participants including the best times on each sectors.

BEASTMODE zs
18-05-2015, 17:50
A matchmaking system that actually works on xbox1.
A matchmaking system that doesn't crash the game and force me to restart the game 9/10 times.
A matchmaking system that takes less than 1 hour to actually find a match.

CBAVD
18-05-2015, 19:32
Spectator camera !!!!!!

Wonder
18-05-2015, 19:36
I would like to be able to pick a specific numer of cars and tracks to in theory create my own 2 or 3 car championship

Scorpean
18-05-2015, 19:47
A penalty system for people that quit races or frequently quit races .Kind of annoying to start with 16 and end with 2 .

I agree, you spend a lot of time practicing and then qualifying only to be on track alone when the race starts.

JeyD02
18-05-2015, 19:48
Huge penalty for corner cutters, and a ramming rating. Ghosting for those stuck at the start of the race. Like mentioned
A pop up like cm f1 series announcing fastest lap, voice chat. And more. Change setups on the fly.(only in practice)

Psebcool
19-05-2015, 00:45
ONLINE:

- Add an option to disable the collisions (and play with cars ghosts).
- Add an option to disable the racing line for all players in the lobby.
- Add an exclusive leaderboard to compare our times with those of friends only.
- Add a new mode to create a "race against time" challenge to our friends only.

REPLAY:

- Add an option to activate the pseudos/names of participants over the top of the cars into the replay (like when we are in a game). To remember who is who.
- Add an option to activate the ATH display.

Rasputin420
19-05-2015, 04:55
An option to share setups is missing. The ability to send a setup to another player during any session would be really nice and I am sure everybody can appreciate this. Also maybe a chat window for global pCars chat?

Shogun613
19-05-2015, 05:44
I would love to see a rating system where you would have to earn a specific rating to enter certain rooms. The amount of quits and DQ's, along with warnings for corner cutting would affect this. Also, the rating should be dynamic, for example, you can earn your way back to a higher rating (if for any reason your rating dropped) after accumulating ratings points for complete, clean races with no excessive corner cutting.

Also, as previously mentioned before, the ability to set up lobbies for the purpose of testing and tuning, and being able to label them as such so it is seen in the browser as a testing and tuning session.

VR-42
19-05-2015, 06:20
I would like there to be more definition in the direction the sound from the other cars comes from. then you would be able to know where the other cars are if you cant see them

madmaz116
19-05-2015, 09:42
CO-Op season like they have in F1. I play with my brother and would like it if we were team mates VS AI grid same as 1 player.

Id love to see this, also Id like to see you being able to select a few tracks for a "mini championship" in multiplayer like in the old Toca games, plus for gods sake put in mandatory pitstops or at least give us the option to, and include the Ai in all this.

tmitch45
19-05-2015, 12:35
Text chat is a must for PS4 and Xbone especially as voice chat is often bad.

GOUNZY
19-05-2015, 13:21
PLEASE Multi-race tournaments for online lobbies !!!

GOUNZY
19-05-2015, 13:23
Multi-race tournaments !!!

GOUNZY
19-05-2015, 13:58
AND PLEASE more settings to find a lobby ! Settings with assistance choices !!!

Psebcool
19-05-2015, 14:27
And also, Add an option to disable racing line for all players in the lobby !

d4ninho
19-05-2015, 15:43
give us better class options, if i just want GT3 cars i shouldn't have to make it identical cars only, having it as just GT means ppl pick the fastest GT class they can.

break the classes down more, having open wheel as an option is silly, it needs to be broken down into specific classes.

the option to reverse the grid of the previous race would be fantastic, this would help online series makers and i find it strange its not in as most racing series in real life have some kind of grid reversal.

Robert Gerke
19-05-2015, 15:53
Almost all things my previous speakers can I fully support!.....

and here my very missed Features.....which was already 2 years ago demanded by many.

1. Spectator mode to watch every race in different TV Cams (live Stream & race stewards after a Race) is extremely important
2. The Replay alowing to jump in every car with different cams (at this time, i see only my car allone, what a big issue :( )
3. A detailed analysis of race and data, after a MP Race (sectors, incedents, crashes..and so on...) and a quick share Button in to the web!
4. Hardcore realistic Mode for pro Ganmer (faster impact when crashes, like a slider 0 -100%)
5. Better scripted Weather features, adjust the probability of Rain (slider 0 -100%)

Our suggestions go very far, since years. Unfortunately, others do not have such large claims,
and the SMS has heard seemingly more! :(

Update:

6. Different Setups for Differente Cars and Tracks are a must have for a serious Simracer
7. Setup sharing in the Lobby or Garage "Realtime"
8. automatic exchange Custom Skins at the fly!

Dringeruk
19-05-2015, 20:36
Would be good to have a password for Private races rather than having to invite people individually.

flyoffacliff
19-05-2015, 20:59
No region locks for Steam download location.

JeyD02
19-05-2015, 21:48
Would be good to have a password for Private races rather than having to invite people individually.

That feature already exists.

Herege
19-05-2015, 22:48
It's all pretty much want to penalize rammers, but this requires each to distinguish what was and was not purposeful. This leads often to penalize those who simply took a touch and caused an accident unintentionally. What takes the injured to lift a massive vote for a possible asphalt Holigan. And when we talk about games, we are also talking about kids who find it very funny to have tools to punish others, is for them to increase the ego.
Some forget is that the tools being it can turn against themselves.
When we use tools to punish, always work better for judgment players than for most users. And each has its point of view to accuse or excuse anyone. Instead of having many buddy's to vote a person who has no guilt or unintentionally caused an accident, we can also have false accusations and vote for someone who is too good to lead to the detriment of some frustrated. Common sense is needed.

I think there must be something that can punish those who deliberately push others, ie the action of time, provided the force, or if the cause of the push caused someone off the road or hit in several players, but I think it has to be done through the game's own sensors to spoil such a decision to the pleasure of some players.