PDA

View Full Version : FFB settings saved in garage different when in a event

CPS-3
12-05-2015, 18:08
Today I came across the FFB settings from Jack.
I was going to race a event with the BMW M1 procar so I picked that car in garage and edit the values of the FFB and saved it to all (and later just Spa to make sure i'd had it for that track)
Well, when I finished qualifying and had to race I started in the pit box, so I went to the FFB settings and they were different from what I've edited in the garage.

Roger Prynne
12-05-2015, 20:10
If using FFBTweakers then they will override the FFB settings in the garage, so you cant save them in-game anymore, you have to edit the tweakers.

graveltrap
12-05-2015, 20:19
This is on PS4 so the figures have to be entered manually as the use of tweakers is not actually possible ;)

Roger Prynne
12-05-2015, 20:21
Ah OK sorry.

I must remember to look at what platform I am replying to.

CPS-3
12-05-2015, 23:15
Jep it's for ps4. I'll edit my signature tomorrow on pc.

Elmo
13-05-2015, 18:52
Anybody else can confirm this?

Viper610
13-05-2015, 21:09
Same problem for me. Don't use the ones you made in the garage for the cars in events and in events it don't save the changes you make while in the event.

CPS-3
13-05-2015, 23:37
Today I entered all FFB settings for all cars from Jack's list. After that I resumed my career.
I had to race with the BMW M1 on Zolder. Despite the fact that my car almost every time crashed when leaving the pit box it was frustrating that every time i checked the FFB settings some values were off. Sometimes it was just one value, another time multiple values.
So it is really frustrating checking the settings each time and if my car has major damage due to the pit box bug i can start over again.
And even more frustrating is knowing I can do the whole list all over again when this get fixed.
If you want some proof I can make a YouTube video of it. Just let me know.
sidenote: sometimes the white line from the slider in the settings doesn't show.

Also another issue (don't know if it's been posted)
While I was entering the FFB settings in the garage the following occurred with multiple cars.
I picked a car which I haven't changed the settings from. I changed the values to the settings from Jacks list and saved it for all tracks and get a message that there was already data for that car for some tracks which is not correct since the car was as default.

dwalldorf
14-05-2015, 08:55
I picked a car which I haven't changed the settings from. I changed the values to the settings from Jacks list and saved it for all tracks and get a message that there was already data for that car for some tracks which is not correct since the car was as default.

As far as I know, the game comes with default settings for cars and for some cars, there might even be different default settings for different tracks.

dal88
14-05-2015, 09:28
can some1 direct me to these settings "jack" cuz i have been playing with configs and its still feels really heavy and strong resictance got the t300 gte on ps4

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 09:51
he who searches, finds :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24055-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-Spreadsheet

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 23:08
in this topic of the known issues http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22162-Garage-bug-at-Zolder there was a comment from Andy Baker:"Another thing to go along with this report is that sometimes after the Procar crashes when coming out of the garage if you use the option to return to the garage and then try and exit again, any adjustments you made to the setup of the car are lost. For example i changed the gearing, fuel and aero and they are sometimes lost and you have to apply them again."

That is the same as what i had. So if that topic is already in the know issues, mine can be deleted i think. I'm going to check in another career event if i have the same problem. If not, my topic can be deleted from the know issues list.

Dmaul1114
15-05-2015, 13:19
I got hit with this and a host of other bugs in my career. Garage settings don't show up in events anymore. Moreover, if I change settings, run some laps and then restart or return to pit box my changes go away and are back at the defaults--both any car settings and any FFB settings. I'm on PS4 and using the T300rs wheel.

Also, the car handling seems very different after the above bugs started happening, especially the gear ratios being way shorter than before. The event where I hit these problems was an British track club invitational where you drive the BAC Mono. I'm going to just suffer through a last place finish and see if it goes back to normal after that event. If not I'll just delete the save and start over as someone on NeoGAF with the same problem in a different invitational event said that seemed to fix things. I already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the day one patch to no avail.

CPS-3
15-05-2015, 13:37
I proceeded with my career today in season 2 and also had a british track club invite round 2 with the cater ham classic on Donington. I already changed all cars to jacks values in my garage and again when i checked the settings in the pit box they were different. So I changed them again to the right ones but while racing I noticed that from 4th tot 5th gear was really short. Back to the pit box, FFB settings were different again and gear ratio which i haven't changed was not right. 4th and 5th ear were the same. So the bug is not at Zolder alone.

Dmaul1114
15-05-2015, 13:42
So this bug seems limited to invitational events? Still sucks, but I can just suffer through those until a patch as long as things are fine in the actual career races.

joking_aura
15-05-2015, 14:33
You can search the forum for Jack Spade. I think I went to GT Planet and downloaded all his suggested settings on an MS Excel file. Also note that there is a serious bug with the T300 that enables the center spring of the wheel that has nothing to do with the car specific FFB settings. You can reduce it by reducing the global FFB parameters, but you lose all other feel. This center spring issue seems intermittent though. To test if you are having the same issue, come to a stop and turn your wheel 90 degrees, then start rolling slowly forward. If the wheel centers immediately you are experiencing the center spring bug. This is causing heavy feedback in slower corners that is not coming directly from the tire forces. Of all the bug fixes, this should be their #1 priority for PS4 users.

BadMuzzaFuzza
15-05-2015, 14:43
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Dmaul1114
15-05-2015, 17:30
We know of the settings and how to input and save them. The problem is in some invitational events, all the car and FFB tuning settings go back to default rather than what they're saved as to all tracks/circuits in the garage. And if we change them manually in the event tuning menu, they reset again every time we go back to the pit or restart the event. Also, some of the car tuning settings don't just go back to default, but things like the gear ratio get messed up and set so that 3rd and 4th are the same etc.

Best I can tell it doesn't do it in career events, or even every invitational. So far my 125cc kart events have been problem free, and my first invitational (forget which one, but was in a Ruf) was fine, but this British Track Club one with the BAC Mono has been messed up for both rounds.

CPS-3
15-05-2015, 17:32
I already got jack's settings, but from the sheet wootball made. I've entered all the values for all cars. Wish I hadn't done that, cause I have to change the settings daily because of this issue. The link to Jacks post is not at its place right here because it has nothing to do with other settings, but settings not being saved properly or something like that. If you read a topic before you post, you know what the problem is people talk about in that topic.
And the center spring thing is also one of the things i have.

Dmaul1114
15-05-2015, 22:17
I was still having issues with this so I just deleted that career since I was still in season one. So far so good early in new career. Though I haven't done any invitationals yet. One thing I'm going to try is not using return to pit box and just restarting practices or qualifiers if I want to adjust tuning. I have no idea if that was the cause, but I first had the problem after returning to pit box so I'll not do that this career and see if the problem emerges again.

andrewzaragoza
21-05-2015, 14:58
Same issue happening to me on invitational events. At times after restarting the session it again resets it. I always change the fuel loads. this makes it easier to see if it reset while in session.

Kain NL
21-05-2015, 21:06
Happens all over career mode...in multiplayer seems not to be the case!

Helmethead1031
24-05-2015, 13:22
Anybody else can confirm this?

Consistently happens to me as well. Tweaking in the garage doesn't always load on the track. I've also tweaked in practice. Settings hold for qualifying......leave before race1 starts. When I return, all settings are reset and have to retweak.

webuserjonny
03-06-2015, 13:20
I'm having the same issues. I'm playing in Career Mode. Make setup changes, go out for a couple of laps and come back into the garage and all my changes have reverted back to what they were to start with. The game is simply not saving any changes even though the save symbol does appear after pressing the X button.

This is ruining the game for me. In fact it isn't worth the frustration this is causing. Hopefully this will be patched pretty quickly otherwise I'm going to be wanting a refund. The game promises so much and as the days pass since it's release more and more bugs are showing themselves. Extremely disappointing.

Dmaul1114
03-06-2015, 14:30
It is listed I. The patch 1.04 notes in the news and announcements forum, so it is getting fixed. Unfortunately the patch is still a couple weeks out. I've just shelved the game, since Splatoon is eating up my gaming anyway, and will fire it up again when the patch is out.

Chonas
15-06-2015, 13:33
Does someone confirm that the problem with the saved setups is already solved with the patch?
I mean, if tweaking in the garage doesn't always load on the track, then I'm not spending my time on introducing all FFB setups for all the cars and tracks...