PDA

View Full Version : Digital Edition Modified Car Pack

Growlmon
12-05-2015, 18:12
Why am I being prompted to buy the Modified Car Pack when I bought the Digital Edition? I should not be punished for not pre-ordering since there was no capability to pre-order, plus you guys said it would come with the Digital Edition.

Is it going to show up as free once the game is fully downloaded? I mean the Limited Edition Car Pack is already installed.

http://i.gyazo.com/3f73a27c94ad90c8e2fac8b6e69f0b53.png

That's quite the false advertising if it's not included.

JessicaWalter
12-05-2015, 18:28
im curious, too.

Dreco
12-05-2015, 18:29
This won't end well.

Official site says:

"Available digitally on Steam, PlayStation Store, and Xbox Games Store, the Digital Edition comprises of:

The Standard Edition
The Limited Edition Car Pack
The Modified Car Pack"

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/buy.html

vinsanity
12-05-2015, 18:58
Yeah, this is going to be a blustercluck in the coming hours/days...

BlkBullitt
12-05-2015, 19:11
yeah I was just wondering the same thing as I have it downloading right now so it's ready when I get home and I have only two things downloading right now.

MicAntony
12-05-2015, 19:18
from last weeks SMS Reply that had been circulating:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/350d9s/to_those_looking_for_the_ps4_preorder/

someone by the name of "Pete" :cool: not exactly official though.

vinsanity
12-05-2015, 19:36
"Pete" is Pete Morrish, a Director of Production at SMS. Not just any old Pete by the way...

Spitfire77
12-05-2015, 19:39
I would like to know the answer to this as well. - Could it be the digital edition base game has the car pack in it? Has anyone finished the download and checked?

fizbarl
12-05-2015, 20:14
The website clearly states that the Modified Car Pack is included with the digital version (post release) http://www.projectcarsgame.com/buy.html. I must assume that the lack of including the modified car pack in the US PSN store digital copy must be either an issue with Sony's description or a communication problem between SMS and Sony. Either way, it would be appreciated to see something from SMS regarding this issue. SMS thus far has shown a disturbing lack of respect to its North / South American PSN customers by not formally responding to or acknowledging any of the pre-order issues, so I wont hold my breath for any clarification on this matter.

If the car pack does in fact cost an extra money as a separate DLC for customers that could not pre-order digitally, then the website needs to be changed ASAP as it is false advertisement.

Spitfire77
12-05-2015, 20:37
Some European users have stated they saw the same thing.. but after the download of the base game completed, the modified car pack cars were included in that. - I cannot personally verify this yet, but if you are in a region that just got the game today on PS4 digitally, please check your game for the modified car park cars.

MicAntony
12-05-2015, 21:05
I will check when i get home and verify if i received the modified or not in the standard base download. Will report back.

I love that i can buy the game and download to my ps4 from work and have it waiting for me when i get home. Very cool feature Sony. Sorry to get off topic there a bit :-)

MicAntony
12-05-2015, 21:05
:o oops, double posted that message. Sorry.

JessicaWalter
12-05-2015, 22:41
just checked mine and no modified car pack cars. the limited pack worked fine but the modified costs money and they weren't included in-game with the download.

MicAntony
12-05-2015, 22:50
No modified car pack was included with my psn store digital download either, so it's confirmed for now. Only the limited car pack seems to have been included in the psn store with purchase in north america.

xLeper_Messiah
13-05-2015, 01:31
Unbelievable. I just woke up and started downloading the digital version and was wondering why it wasn't downloading the modified car pack along with the game. So all the descriptions and info floating around was a lie huh?

I guess the NA fanbase for pCARS really is going to get punished by not getting the preorder bonus cars (which we couldn't do!) unless we pony up an eXtra $1.99...which I'll probably do. Still, this is a real snub from SMS, I'm disappointed.

JessicaWalter
13-05-2015, 02:19
yeah, i have no problem throwin the $1.99 their way, but it said on their site that it was included with the digital...not to mention i had already prepurchased it from gamestop and, after reading the car packs were included with digital, would have preordered digital as soon as it was available. Also, if I had known the limited cars would be available immediately for $2.99, I wouldn't have minded just getting the disc version. I got so confused during this game's release. I blame the industry's new tendencies to exclude certain customers from in-game content through shifty packages and deals and DLC. I miss cartridges. (:

edit: but the actual game is phenomenal!

xLeper_Messiah
13-05-2015, 02:30
...I blame the industry's new tendencies to exclude certain customers from in-game content through shifty packages and deals and DLC. I miss cartridges. (:

Definitely! Never had this problem back on my NES...actually now that I think about it, I never had this problem as recently as the Dreamcast/OGXbox/PS2 era, it seems to be phenomenon that began with the 360/Ps3.

You know what? I bet it's because of the horse armor DLC in Oblivion somehow :P That was the sucker test, and collectively the gamer community failed! Now where's my tinfoil hat...

Gandriello
13-05-2015, 12:05
Still waiting too... Worst marketing and business organization ever saw... No respect, also no answer from them

vinsanity
13-05-2015, 12:45
Bump for a new day. Where is the fix for this, SMS?

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 14:13
Bump for a new day. Where is the fix for this, SMS?

Yep. Just trying to hear anything from them.

BlkBullitt
13-05-2015, 14:32
Damn nothing yet. Guess if I don't hear nothing by the end of the week I'm ponying up 1.99 then.

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 17:48
Wondering if this DLC is worth grabbing? I was eyeing it up last night while installing and am thinking of grabbing it. Just looking for a bit of feedback first though.

Abigor
13-05-2015, 17:50
Why am I being prompted to buy the Modified Car Pack when I bought the Digital Edition? I should not be punished for not pre-ordering since there was no capability to pre-order, plus you guys said it would come with the Digital Edition.

Is it going to show up as free once the game is fully downloaded? I mean the Limited Edition Car Pack is already installed.

http://i.gyazo.com/3f73a27c94ad90c8e2fac8b6e69f0b53.png

That's quite the false advertising if it's not included.

Have you seen this?

MicAntony
13-05-2015, 17:56
LOL. I guess that's their answer. At least they fixed their advert.

vinsanity
13-05-2015, 18:14
Are they effing serious? They simply deleted it from their webpage after it went on sale???

vinsanity
13-05-2015, 18:15
Let me guess...they won't say a word about this. Just delete it as if it never existed?

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 18:18
No....way....

That is messed up.

You cant just do that.

awaite85
13-05-2015, 18:38
I preordered, got the 3 cars. But didn't get the limited edition 5 car pack. Least it was on the PSN for 2.99$

The 1 free car, is not showing up on my list however. I DLed it

Jaybird124
13-05-2015, 19:42
Pre-ordered from GameStop and got the hard case and poster as advertised on Project CARS website. Buying the Limited Edition dlc pack was a no brainer. I think it's just two different ways to offer something for each version, modified for hard copy, limited for digital. Case and poster are nice gifts, but everything available if you want it.

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 19:46
Pre-ordered from GameStop and got the hard case and poster as advertised on Project CARS website. Buying the Limited Edition dlc pack was a no brainer. I think it's just two different ways to offer something for each version, modified for hard copy, limited for digital. Case and poster are nice gifts, but everything available if you want it.

Thats not the issue tho.

We were told on many occasions with blatant proof here in the thread that they flat out lied.

vinsanity
13-05-2015, 19:52

This is incorrect, Jaybird. They flat out explicitly said that the PS4 digital purchasers would get both the Limited and Modified car packs. It stated so on their website, it was repeated by members of their production staff. It was because the PS4 version was not pre-orderable like it was on XBox (who did get both packs). So then the day came for us to buy it, and the Modified pack is nowhere to be seen...and SMS is slowly removing references to it from their website. It is straight-up lawfully illegal to do that.

HarryHoodlum
13-05-2015, 19:58
This is incorrect, Jaybird. They flat out explicitly said that the PS4 digital purchasers would get both the Limited and Modified car packs. It stated so on their website, it was repeated by members of their production staff. It was because the PS4 version was not pre-orderable like it was on XBox (who did get both packs). So then the day came for us to buy it, and the Modified pack is nowhere to be seen...and SMS is slowly removing references to it from their website. It is straight-up lawfully illegal to do that.

Definitely not legal whatsoever in the US, but holding them to a $2 promise is kinda frivolous to me. Just enjoy the game for now and see what happens.

Jaybird124
13-05-2015, 20:02
Well, not sure what to say about it guys. I wonder just how things like that happen? Maybe the list was incorrect and nobody caught it until people point it out. Hope you can square it all up and get the cars one way or the other. They are quite fun to try ��

Gandriello
13-05-2015, 20:12
Posted on twitter and facebook page! Scam!!!

HarryHoodlum
13-05-2015, 20:15
Well, not sure what to say about it guys. I wonder just how things like that happen? Maybe the list was incorrect and nobody caught it until people point it out. Hope you can square it all up and get the cars one way or the other. They are quite fun to try ��

Well we can rule out a "typo" because the community managers were telling people that they'd get BOTH car packs with a digital order on PSN. It was made very clear in multiple different ways.

BlkBullitt
13-05-2015, 20:36
Wow where is the community manager at? I can't believe there aren't people working these boards to make sure questions get answered and to assist all the new players.

Jaybird124
13-05-2015, 20:40
Can't wait to see how the 'free car per month' promise pans out. I mean, if they get the digital content wrong how goes the rest of it? Was digital more than the hard copy? Not sure if there was a way to get everything from hard copy here in the US seeing as there was no 'Limited Edition' hard copy available.

sgohsixthree
13-05-2015, 21:19
Not that I want to get worked up over $2. But seriously. US PSN customers getting straight up hoodwinked! Tempted to try the spam button for some goddam attention!

BlkBullitt
13-05-2015, 21:50
Lol if we all did it someone would have to see it.

Beardybrave
13-05-2015, 23:07
Worth bearing in mind it's a uk based company. It's midnight here now (it was after ten o clock when the previous two posters posted ). While not dismissing your issue at all, I think they'll be in asleep right now. Hth. =)

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 23:57
People on other boards across the net are starting to figure out it didn't come with it. Hopefully soon we can settle this.

JessicaWalter
14-05-2015, 00:02
was disappointed the modified car pack wasn't included but i bought it regardless (the car pack). $2 isn't even worth me waiting to see if it gets sorted out. ive wasted $2.50 on a snickers ice cream bar at the philly zoo and these three cars will give me a lot more replayability than that. this game is top shelf. im finally able to drive without blowing my engine and im slowly tuning my e30 m3 and having a blast.

sgohsixthree
14-05-2015, 03:40
was disappointed the modified car pack wasn't included but i bought it regardless (the car pack). $2 isn't even worth me waiting to see if it gets sorted out. ive wasted $2.50 on a snickers ice cream bar at the philly zoo and these three cars will give me a lot more replayability than that. this game is top shelf. im finally able to drive without blowing my engine and im slowly tuning my e30 m3 and having a blast.

Totally with you on that. I bought it too. It's really about principle... They stated something as fact, no asterisk, no qualms... just fact... "You buy digital, you get this stuff." And just plain ignored (and still ignores) the user base and our confusion and frustration over what was going on still continues.

Makes me lose some faith in a developer I was hoping would be different from the "other guys." :grey:

Growlmon
14-05-2015, 05:12
Have you seen this?

That is completely and totally illegal to false advertise until people start complaining, then edit it without reimbursing those that bought it during the time it was falsely advertised. I mean, I'm not going to take them to court over $2 since this game is pretty good anyway, but it's definitely a gash in my respect for their company.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 05:39
That's the thing. I get it's a low $ amount to buy, but they lied. It hurts my feelings basically. Even on Twitter they reassured people we would get that pack.

vinsanity
14-05-2015, 10:47
New day, still no response...

Gandriello
14-05-2015, 11:46
I still cant believe it

DozUK
14-05-2015, 13:49
I'm from the UK, the modified car pack was a pre-order car pack and I think that's the confusion not helped by the incorrect web page detailing the digital version contents (Which looks like it's now been rectified). If you pre-ordered the physical disc from a store you should receive a code to download the pack. If you pre-ordered the digital version (Which is what I did) you would get the pre-order exclusive modified car pack (Which I did) and also the digital version contains an automatic upgrade to the limited edition version (giving you the limited edition car pack which I also got). It worked as it should, however the advert shown on this thread was incorrect. The digital version pre-ordered gives both packs, the digital version post release just gives the limited edition pack. As mentioned the modified car pack was always intended as a pre-order bonus, if you didn't pre-order then this shouldn't have been on offer.

As someone earlier mentioned, this isn't going to end well. The web page did not highlight that the modified pack was pre-order and certainly gave the impression that the digital version whenever it was bought contained this pack. I don't think this was the intention.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 14:15
I'm from the UK, the modified car pack was a pre-order car pack and I think that's the confusion not helped by the incorrect web page detailing the digital version contents (Which looks like it's now been rectified). If you pre-ordered the physical disc from a store you should receive a code to download the pack. If you pre-ordered the digital version (Which is what I did) you would get the pre-order exclusive modified car pack (Which I did) and also the digital version contains an automatic upgrade to the limited edition version (giving you the limited edition car pack which I also got). It worked as it should, however the advert shown on this thread was incorrect. The digital version pre-ordered gives both packs, the digital version post release just gives the limited edition pack. As mentioned the modified car pack was always intended as a pre-order bonus, if you didn't pre-order then this shouldn't have been on offer.

As someone earlier mentioned, this isn't going to end well. The web page did not highlight that the modified pack was pre-order and certainly gave the impression that the digital version whenever it was bought contained this pack. I don't think this was the intention.

There was actually no confusion.

The devs didnt submit their game to PS America in time to get in on the store for pre order. So TONS of people like me took to forums, twitter etc... and was assured that because of this they were going to give us the Modified Pre Order Pack because we couldnt digitally pre order.

Gandriello
14-05-2015, 14:18
@DozUK
As the us psn users wasn't able to pre-order it they announced that it would be able to get for free both packs for digital copy buyers..
But as we can see, they were making only false advertising, obviously this is my opinion...
People over the forum are saying this is crying for 2 bucks, but imagine how many digital copies they sold for us customers, how much money they are able to make on it... I'm just asking what I bought, the full pack, the game is working, I'm playing, this problem does not preclude me of playing it, But let's make business in the right way.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 14:23
@DozUK
But let's make business in the right way.

Thats it.....right there. I just dont want WMD turning into another T10.

HarryHoodlum
14-05-2015, 14:24
I agree it's not "just 2 bucks" because 2 x 1,000,000 or whatever is a VERY big number in the eyes of the law. You can't tell people "hey, when you buy that thing tomorrow, it comes with ____" then turn around and change your mind after the money has been taken day-of. When I clicked the link on their website to take me to PSN's website, I was seeing that BOTH car packs would be included. That's in addition to the fact that several days before release, community managers both here and on Twitter assured USA customers that both packs would be included due to the snafu in getting the game into the PS store in time to offer the preorder.

I think this type of thing is becoming too common in the modern gaming era and it's a shame.

Gandriello
14-05-2015, 16:34
Just got an update...
I paid 60usd wich in brazilian currency is more or less R$206 with taxes (when you pay something on a credit card outside brazil they charge 7%)
Told my friend the issue and I asked him if the same happened to those who bought on brazilian store, guess what? He paid R$130 tax free and got both packs...

fizbarl
14-05-2015, 16:40
I notice that there has not been a single moderator or WMD (gold titled) post on this thread to date. I assume, much like the lack of North / South American PSN store pre-download, that SMS and WMD are hoping that this topic will just die off and that they wont need to address their false advertisement. Removing the "Modified Car Pack" from the list of items included with the digital versions of the game, post-launch and with no official statement, is insulting.

False advertisement regarding what is included in the product; no communication regarding a lack of digital pre-order for some customers; and the game is almost un-playable on a PS4 using a Fanatec steering wheel (which SMS and Fanatec both used as a marketing tool for PS4 users). I have lost a huge amount of respect for SMS and it will take a lot of good-will to earn any of my future $$.

I understand, accept, and even expect early release bugs, but shady business practices and a lack of forthright communication is unacceptable.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 17:08
SMS and WMD are hoping that this topic will just die off and that they wont need to address their false advertisement.

Oh I wont let that happen.

Elmo
14-05-2015, 17:13
We are not waiting for this to die off. There will be an official statement.

Elmo
14-05-2015, 17:27
We are not waiting for this to die off. There will be an official statement.

Here it is (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25062-Pre-order-Digital-Edition-Modifed-Car-Pack-clarification)

fizbarl
14-05-2015, 17:34
Here it is (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25062-Pre-order-Digital-Edition-Modifed-Car-Pack-clarification)

Thank you for the response. I don't like the answer, but thank you for communicating it.

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 17:39

So the Twitter responses from wmd and Sony were both "typos"?

Also, the lack of preparation on your end made it impossible for digital buyers to pre order (that's why we were told it would be included in day 1 digital purchases) it seems you don't understand what the issue actually is here? We know it was pre order only...

coolkid32901
14-05-2015, 20:07

a complete crock of shit is what it is...

cant believe SMS is treating us this way, thought they were different

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 20:28
a complete crock of shit is what it is...

cant believe SMS is treating us this way, thought they were different

Treating you what way? Saying sorry for a mistake they made?

coolkid32901
14-05-2015, 20:31
Treating you what way? Saying sorry for a mistake they made?

for lying to us and then basically denying they ever lied in the first place

they told us through many avenues that the digital US PS4 edition would come with both packs... its pretty simple to understand

now they are glossing over the issue like we (the customer) didnt know what we were buying

we all know what SMS said and we want what we were promised

EDIT: but as a mod, i can understand why you are defending them, however its not hard to understand why customers are mad, but you dont seem to grasp it

BlkBullitt
14-05-2015, 21:04
Treating you what way? Saying sorry for a mistake they made?Being lied to, we were told by multiple sources on multiple platforms that since YOU couldn't meet Sony's 8 week window for Pre-Orders causing us to not be allowed to pre order the game that we would still get this pack as it was not our fault that we couldn't pre order the game on our said system. Did I purchase it already, yes I did why because it's only $2 but its the principle of the matter at hand that you are missing.

You told us one thing and completely did something different and instead of addressing the issue first you guys tried to erase it then address it. Make it right and your fan base will grow, say fuck it and let it be the way it is now and you might as well get the night light out because it's going to get dark in here quick.

coolkid32901
14-05-2015, 21:09
Being lied to, we were told by multiple sources on multiple platforms that since YOU couldn't meet Sony's 8 week window for Pre-Orders causing us to not be allowed to pre order the game that we would still get this pack as it was not our fault that we couldn't pre order the game on our said system. Did I purchase it already, yes I did why because it's only $2 but its the principle of the matter at hand that you are missing.

You told us one thing and completely did something different and instead of addressing the issue first you guys tried to erase it then address it. Make it right and your fan base will grow, say fuck it and let it be the way it is now and you might as well get the night light out because it's going to get dark in here quick.

Totally agree, and also just a coincidence, im from Lancaster County, grew up in lititz and manheim township, saw you were from harrisburg

does everyone always say this to you "oh you live where the amish are from?" Lol

BlkBullitt
14-05-2015, 23:44
Totally agree, and also just a coincidence, im from Lancaster County, grew up in lititz and manheim township, saw you were from harrisburg

does everyone always say this to you "oh you live where the amish are from?" Lol
Lol no thank God. I'm actually from Detroit but moved here after I got out of the Navy because my wife's mom and sister are in Perry County.

JessicaWalter
14-05-2015, 23:57
im from the main line in chester/delaware county. them amish ladies have better bonnets than a bimmer 8, lol

xLeper_Messiah
15-05-2015, 06:33
Wow, and I'm in York o.0

Small world, huh?

vinsanity
15-05-2015, 13:54
Bump for a new day. The "it was a typo" excuse isn't going to fly on this one...

BlkBullitt
15-05-2015, 16:18
Wow, and I'm in York o.0

Small world, huh?
I use to live in York & New Salem

xLeper_Messiah
15-05-2015, 16:54
I grew up in some of the...rougher neighborhoods in York City, thankfully I got out of there and live in slightly less crappy part of town now. Kinda crazy there's so many people from central PA all in this thread lol!

Aaand to bring this back on-topic I picked up the Modified Car Pack today; I have no problem giving SMS an extra $2, I want this developer and franchise to do well since I'm really enjoying the game and the more financial success they have the better the chance that they'll continue to support the game and make a sequel. Hey if they make a lot of $$$ maybe they can get the Ferrari licence for DLC or PCARS 2!

That said I do find it disappointing how this whole situation played out for US PS4 players, hopefully they handle it better in the future.

Ant006
15-05-2015, 19:14
How about giving everyone the limited and modified pack for free? Then there will definitely be no lawsuit.

Then perhaps look at what xLeper_Messiah suggested, in the previous post.

I'm pretty sure with everyone's support we can find a way to reimburse the developers, with future purchases, and we can all contribute to making this the best game it possibly can be, although to be fair, it's pretty amazing already, and that's without the packs!!!!

If the game becomes really successful, then surely money can be made from big business through selling in game advertising space, which can be included as sponsors, hoarding placards, cars, clothing, in game music, the possibilities are endless, this could then be included in any future patches, and would revolutionise how advertising is agreed in future gaming.

I'm pretty sure most big companies now if approached would jump at the chance, this game is epic and could potentially be one of the greatest games of all time, we just all need to work together on this, and not fight amongst ourselves!!!!!

I would personally like to thank each and every person who has made this game possible, and look forward to where we can all go from here!!!!! Happy days, happy racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

theitch21
19-05-2015, 06:26
I think We all have had just about enough and should proceed with a class action suit. How many people are keen to go on and fight this. The time of just chatting in this forum is over, lets take the fight to them and let them know how American law works!

http://www.petitions24.com/pc-classactionsuit

This is a signup sheet to add your name to the fight.
We were promised that even though we COULD NOT pre-order that we would still get both the limited edition AND the modified car packs. This WAS not a typo, and they are trying to backpedal, buy people off and Give us "the opportunity to buy the pack before the rest of the world". That's a load of crap, not an opportunity, I don't care about the apology, it's empty because they aren't even fixing anything. Once we have more than 50 Names we will approach SMS and WMD and if they still don't change their minds then we will simply go to the nearest lawyer and start the mass class action suit.

xLeper_Messiah
19-05-2015, 08:26
Yeah, I don't think so. Frankly the idea of starting a lawsuit over this is not something I can agree with or even begin to understand.

How is it a "load of crap" that they're letting US ps4 players get the Modified Car pack as dlc? It's $2. TWO. DOLLARS. Yes in a perfect world we would've gotten it for free like everybody else did who pre-ordered. Yes SMS handled the situation badly.

But a lawsuit? You know it's because of stuff like this that there exist the stereotypes of both overly litigious Americans and entitled gamers. This is like the perfect storm of dumb.

theitch21
19-05-2015, 09:50
Yeah, I don't think so. Frankly the idea of starting a lawsuit over this is not something I can agree with or even begin to understand.

How is it a "load of crap" that they're letting US ps4 players get the Modified Car pack as dlc? It's $2. TWO. DOLLARS. Yes in a perfect world we would've gotten it for free like everybody else did who pre-ordered. Yes SMS handled the situation badly.

But a lawsuit? You know it's because of stuff like this that there exist the stereotypes of both overly litigious Americans and entitled gamers. This is like the perfect storm of dumb.

A perfect storm of dumb is when you force your ideas on others and stoop down to name calling and insults.

No one is forcing you are even asking you to join up, but thanks for the reply anyway.

As far as the ONLY $2 goes, yes its only $2, but when it happens again and again lawsuits along with the people who stand up create benchmarks and legal precedents that force the huge corporations to change their way of thinking and start asking questions like,"how would this effect our clients?" and ,"how would that have made me feel as a person in the clients seat?".
Corporates thrive on people not willing to fight back.

Lastly if you actually read my post correctly you would have noticed that the intention was to first approach both SMS and WMD direct and as a last resort push forward with legal action.

Hopefully I came across dumb enough for you?

xLeper_Messiah
19-05-2015, 10:17
Alright so the dumb comment was a bit harsh, I apologize. That said I wasn't forcing my opinion on anyone, just offering it. I stand by the rest of what I said, the idea of a lawsuit over three cars (which you can now buy for the low, low price of 66 cents per car) is still absurd to me.

Yes I totally understand the fact that class action lawsuits are important to hold huge corporations accountable. I don't think SMS qualifies as that though, as far as I know they're a pretty small dev studio. You are not Erin Brockovich, and SMS is not Monsanto (or insert huge evil corporation you dislike here). Hell they're not even in the same league as something like Comcast imo.

I don't think they need threats of legal action for them to realize they screwed up, pretty sure they know that already. What would be your goal here anyway? For them to give the car pack out for free? Well then what about people who already paid for it, do they get a refund? Would that even be possible given how Sony handles online transactions? If not, well now SMS would have a whole new group of people pissed off at them.

Basically the way I see it what's done is done, lawyers ain't gonna fix anything. Be thankful the DLC is available for purchase at least, some pre-order bonuses never get released after the fact so it could have been worse; we might have been denied any chance to drive the Zonda Roadster and that would've been tragic!

danowat
19-05-2015, 10:31
Lawsuit?, really?

LMAO :D

theitch21
19-05-2015, 10:35
Alright so the dumb comment was a bit harsh, I apologize. That said I wasn't forcing my opinion on anyone, just offering it. I stand by the rest of what I said, the idea of a lawsuit over three cars (which you can now buy for the low, low price of 66 cents per car) is still absurd to me.

Yes I totally understand the fact that class action lawsuits are important to hold huge corporations accountable. I don't think SMS qualifies as that though, as far as I know they're a pretty small dev studio. You are not Erin Brockovich, and SMS is not Monsanto (or insert huge evil corporation you dislike here). Hell they're not even in the same league as something like Comcast imo.

I don't think they need threats of legal action for them to realize they screwed up, pretty sure they know that already. What would be your goal here anyway? For them to give the car pack out for free? Well then what about people who already paid for it, do they get a refund? Would that even be possible given how Sony handles online transactions? If not, well now SMS would have a whole new group of people pissed off at them.

Basically the way I see it what's done is done, lawyers ain't gonna fix anything. Be thankful the DLC is available for purchase at least, some pre-order bonuses never get released after the fact so it could have been worse; we might have been denied any chance to drive the Zonda Roadster and that would've been tragic!

This certainly can go backwards and forwards.
In order to allow everyone to understand me:
1. I love the game
2. I have no problem with either WMD or SMS directly apart from the current problem and their lack of comments or a genuine solution/explanation
3. If they had sorted this out and given the pack away as they should have, they wouldn't have the second group (if they do anything about the pack, its all talk right now)
4. I do think that the lawyers will fix things, it will certainly at the very least give us a final outcome. On this note I DO NOT want to go that far, I am just willing to should they not get back to us with someone other than wishes and dreams.
5. lol, I am not an Erin Brockovich wannabe or even a massive gamer, I am simply a consumer who is frustrated after promises were not kept and there were lame attempts at appeasing us.

My final thoughts are that WMD and SMS are more than likely two very hard working companies who screwed up and still haven't quite answered all the questions and henceforth screwed up even further. I think its very sad in fact, the hype was there, the game is there, the PR is not. That is not how business is done. Remember without clients/users they are nothing, your purchases and mine is what ultimately pay the bills for them.

Wootball
19-05-2015, 12:01
Can you even bring a class action against a UK company?

Maybe you're thinking of small claims court, which will cost you more than the price of the game and (if you win) will result in you getting the cost of the claim plus your $2 back.