PDA

View Full Version : First chance to make a good impression GONE!

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 18:58
What a terrible start. To install it was like eating razor blades. Long and after 25 minutes I almost gave up. Did a hard boot to get past that (Good start).

Now finally into the game. Oh yes to start use A (oh no you guys use different non-standard buttons).

Ok past that, oh still not installed and can only play one race.

What terrible joke on us. Spend money on a game that is so obviously not ready to be released.

When do you think you will have updates for the game to make it actually work. Forza is looking so good right now!!!!!

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 19:48
No on screen indication of my position, what lap it is. What a joke. I'm not a 12 year old twitch kid so I'm not just spouting off. This game is terrible. The interface is terrible. It finally installed (about an hour) so I am trying Carrer mode.

Try this , make a mistake with your name, now try and change it. Haven't "commited" the data yet but cannot go back. All I see about this game is poor design. Perhaps the racing part is ok but all other parts of this game needs so much work.

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 19:52
How bad is the interface. Since there is no "tutorial" I had to kinda look around for things. The absolute stupidest thing is that I don't change anything but a B (for just back) saves my non changes and takes about 45 seconds. HOW FUN IS THAT.

Finally found the mini map option , says its on but it does show on screen.

The poor interface design makes this a zero game, not fun, no support , no tutorial, just POOR!!!!!

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 19:59
Next, edit HUD display, nice feature, doesn't work. What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The QA team that OK'ed this should be fired or of course you may not have QA (which is pretty obvious after all the problems).

ARE YOU GOING TO FIX OR SUPPORT THIS GAME?????????????????

MisterO
12-05-2015, 20:02
There are a lot oft people here that will help you out IF you ask real questions instead of just making frustrated posts. Take a look at the known issues thread for example, it you are really looking for answers.

hewd
12-05-2015, 20:02
Really? Do you cry about everything irl too?
I had zero problems with the menus, for onscreen info maybe check options like most people will do.

Whining about the A for start, by things like that my conclusion is that you're not 12, not even a 12 year old would whine about something that silly.

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 20:05
I really don't care if you don't have problems. I do therefore I'm at this forum to get support.

Since you are not support why reply?

MisterO
12-05-2015, 20:05
Keep it peaceful in here :-)

But yes, the people you find here are your support.

hewd
12-05-2015, 20:16
If you want to change the hud there is a button that toggles hud modes, in my case it's d-pad left.

Just check the options, it's all there. I would not play a new game without setting up the options first.

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 20:33
I didn't but when I go to edit hud I can change things around but go back to the racing and all changes are not there.

I think you have to set up the hud before you race but some amount of "here's how to do this" would be great.

Racing is good once you get past all the problems though

TheCrazySwede
12-05-2015, 20:34
Perhaps it's just me, but I have no problems with the interface. I actually think it looks really nice and navigates very quickly and fluently. You want to see a messy interface? Try Gran Turismo 5 or 6....

I've played for a couple of hours and I haven't noticed any frame-rate drops, any crashes, no glitches or any issues. The only thing I have a problem with is the wheel-lock issue when using the controller.
This is what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPnqLH0egbU

If they can fix that, I think it's a good game....so far.
Man, you guys are so quick to judge, haha.

First, everyone gets butt-hurt over the release date delay and now they're complaining about how the game was released too soon. Can't please anyone, it seems...

hewd
12-05-2015, 20:36
The edit hud option works, but your problem is that your showing the wrong section of the hud, and there's a few. So the hud cycle button will get you to the right one.

Umer Ahmad
12-05-2015, 20:40
I really don't care if you don't have problems. I do therefore I'm at this forum to get support.

Since you are not support why reply?
You didn't ask a single question in your first 3 posts. If you want help, just ask a question.

Im Sorry
12-05-2015, 20:40
Perhaps it's just me, but I have no problems with the interface. I actually think it looks really nice and navigates very quickly and fluently. You want to see a messy interface? Try Gran Turismo 5 or 6....

I've played for a couple of hours and I haven't noticed any frame-rate drops, any crashes, no glitches or any issues. The only thing I have a problem with is the wheel-lock issue when using the controller.

First, everyone gets butt-hurt over the release date delay and now they're complaining about how the game was released too soon. Can't please anyone, it seems...

Then you can't be playing on Xbox one!

TheCrazySwede
12-05-2015, 21:13
Then you can't be playing on Xbox one!

Haha, I am! Maybe I've gotten lucky...

Honestly, I haven't had a single issue...yet, apart from that stupid steering. I get it; it's a sim game designed for wheels....hasn't stopped Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport from having functional controls.
No idea how the controller usage passed the game testing...

I've tried the HUD editor and it worked great. I removed what I didn't want and then re-positioned the circuit map (from top-left to bottom-left) and it all stayed there, without hickups.
I did notice, however, that the next time I played pCars, the the HUD was back to stock. Also, I think the HUD settings alter based on camera angle....I quite like that. I prefer minimum HUD for interior and the speedo/tach for the hood view.

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 21:17
Ok and who thought that bright pink with grey lettering was a good visual. When I have to go close to the tv just to read stuff ..... I really don't know what to say.

Racing is good. Interface is simply terrible. Looks like a PC interface badly moved to a console!!!!!!!!!!

Hugh Crummond
12-05-2015, 21:34

Srt8 300c
12-05-2015, 21:41
I didn't but when I go to edit hud I can change things around but go back to the racing and all changes are not there.

I think you have to set up the hud before you race but some amount of "here's how to do this" would be great.

I believe the hud issue is known and is hopefully released in an upcoming patch.
I have full hud with rear view mirror off but in some races i have no hud even though its turned on........
You have to go back into options and re-select it!
Fingers crossed its patched soon
:)

lsheen6212
12-05-2015, 22:06
One more, I am doing career and all races have practice, qualifying and races, UNTIL they don't. On new track no practice, no qualifying.

This interface is so poor it would be funny if I did not pay for it. The racing is good.

INTERFACE IS SO POOR!!

youngade
12-05-2015, 22:34
One more, I am doing career and all races have practice, qualifying and races, UNTIL they don't. On new track no practice, no qualifying.

This interface is so poor it would be funny if I did not pay for it. The racing is good.

INTERFACE IS SO POOR!!

If you have encountered a problem with sessions not appearing as they should can you please try and give more specifics, as in what championship and what race you were in. This will help in trying to replicate the issue you've had.

lsheen6212
13-05-2015, 00:10
The first two levels? of the career are fine and then you go to a race at Donnington. That set of races (in fog and rain) have no practice, no qualifying.

hewd
13-05-2015, 00:18
The first two levels? of the career are fine and then you go to a race at Donnington. That set of races (in fog and rain) have no practice, no qqualifying.

Those races are invitationals, does not use the same rules as regular career races. Also if you change class there will be a different set of rules. GT3 has training X2, qualifying X2 and 2 races. While Superkart has one training and one qualifying, then 2 races.

Lost Racer
13-05-2015, 02:06

Must be a Cali thing. I have the same steering issue, along with static in the audio

DMR Ghahary21
13-05-2015, 02:53
What a terrible start. To install it was like eating razor blades. Long and after 25 minutes I almost gave up.

Downloads 18+ GB in 25 minutes...

Still complains.

Randyrocky
13-05-2015, 06:18
I believe the hud issue is known and is hopefully released in an upcoming patch.
I have full hud with rear view mirror off but in some races i have no hud even though its turned on........
You have to go back into options and re-select it!
Fingers crossed its patched soon
:)

Hi,
It happened to me on few occassions. The whole display hub were gone during some races. After messing around, i found that hub display with various laps and sections scores are activated with the left and right dpad On default controller setting.

lsheen6212
13-05-2015, 16:06
Is there anywhere that all the "rules" are explained?

batman21685
13-05-2015, 17:56
some people just like to complain about everything. Give it a chance. At least its likely to have the teething problems addressed unlike the bigger companies like ea who release trash and then charge us for the privilege of an attempt at fix

lsheen6212
13-05-2015, 19:05
Lets see, why should I give it a chance? I paid for it. It said it was ready. It was not!!!

Read other reviews of the game and you will see that many people are experiencing problems with it. Pointing out other companies problems do nothing to help this problem. I don't remember being asked if I wanted to QA this game. I should have been ready to go from the moment of release. After that is tweaking and upgrading to provide new content / abilities.

Also if you read the posts I do say that once you get past the problems the racing is quite fun. As I stated it really seems that for many of the problems, the reason is taking the PC version and simply doing a translation. This does not always work as in the case of most of the text in the game. A bright pink background with grey lettering is not hard to read it is almost impossible (I have to get up, go to the screen to read it). If no one tells them of the problems (and I hope they read this forum) then they won't get fixed.

PumaSpec
14-05-2015, 01:59

Keep this feeling going :D

Use the search feature on the forum (top right) for any problems or keywords you feel you need answers for. There is plenty of support content here :)

StreetShotz
14-05-2015, 04:35
Been playing racing games on console since the PS1, and despite the wording, I have to agree with the OP.
This is, BY FAR, the worst racing sim I have ever played.
I would not be so harsh to say that if it was released when originally planned but they delayed it time and time again claiming they needed to fix things to make it 100%.......no correct me if I'm wrong but the Xbox One port is SHIT.
Clearly there was little to no testing done. Steering issues (the most basic control of the game and fundamental to even being able to use it) then you have frame rate issues that make it look like the game is having a seizure.

After waiting as long as I have, having paid up front for something that was toted at the "best sim" out there I am far beyond disappointed. I want this game to be great, but first impression speak volumes and this one is the worst I have had.

I will be going back to Forza until this is patched or fixed. If not then this one will go to the trash.