PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Edition in USA did not come with code for Limited Edition car pack.

johncar
12-05-2015, 19:15
Edit: the limited edition car pack is now available for download in the US playstation store for $3 :rolleyes:

if you want to read my dilemma prior to this happening its down below.

i don't mean to be a complainer but...

did i even get the "Gamestop Edition"

"the Gamestop Edition is presented IN an exclusive steel case featuring artwork created by the Project CARS community, a beautiful large-format poster, the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Modified Car Pack!"

Mine did not come IN the steel case, it was rubber banded to an empty steel case...

regardless of weather it was IN a steel case or rubber banded to one, should my receipt not have codes for both the limited edition car pack and modified car pack like the buy project cars page says.

seems like someone made a mistake somewhere?

It sort of bugs me that i have to choose between a hard copy with less content, or a digital one with all the content, especially after they posted the new info about the Gamestop Edition being here in the US.

sorry about the long boring story, its just an FYI kinda....maybe its different for others, let me know.

my receipt code might be non-limited edition crew for whatever reason.

thanks,

ApexZ06
12-05-2015, 20:03
The US gamestop version never came with the limited car pack but the modified car pack. I checked the main site page and it says that you get a poster and the limited pack but before release there was no mention of that :confused:. I preordered and got a normal PS4 case, the special steelbook case and the modified pack.

accujimmy
12-05-2015, 21:35
I got the same thing, an empty case, the game, poster, and a code for the modified pack.

Foodman111
12-05-2015, 22:40
Go to related under the XMB on project cars and look at add ons. you will see 4 add on content including the $3 limited edition cars pack. I don't mind spending the extra few dollars to support these guys for more money power for more content and more manufacturing licensing for better car list. :D

Helmethead1031
12-05-2015, 23:05
Wow. I feel cheated. I didn't get a steel case or poster! All I got was the game and a code for car pack. Oh well

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 01:04
Go to related under the XMB on project cars and look at add ons. you will see 4 add on content including the $3 limited edition cars pack. I don't mind spending the extra few dollars to support these guys for more money power for more content and more manufacturing licensing for better car list. :D

Meh, day one adopters should get something for their loyalty too. Committed to $60 on day one instead of renting or waiting for a price drop or used copy. I pre ordered from best buy a week ago, but got nothing with that either. So next time I will handle differently & make sure I'm getting something for throwing down $60 on day 1. I will say they hit a home run with the $3 price, can't complain too much & I'll be getting it anyway. If someone's gonna nickel and dime me for content, I can get down with 5 cars for three bucks this time, but I certainly don't make a habit of buying dlc.

JimmyClark
13-05-2015, 17:45
I per-ordered mine at Gamestop, the DLC code was on my receipt , I got the empty steel case also,

awaite85
13-05-2015, 21:00
I pre ordered from game stop a few months ago. I got the regular case, steel case, and modified pack on the receipt. Bought the Limited edition cars through the game for $2.99. Didn't get a poster.

Patrik Marek
13-05-2015, 23:37
so you guys are saying that the steel case came as additional thing ? and that it had to be pre-ordered?? :-/
that sucks, I really wanted that case

but when I could pre-order, it didn't show it available, so I waited
guess I will have to buy it on ebay or something

btw just read some twitter commnets that some customers ( first come first serve) got the game in shop as well, so I guess i will do a trip to a gamestop shop and see if they still have them