PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Problems using Thrustmaster T100 FFB

lordymatsuo
12-05-2015, 19:16
Hey Community,

I'll try and keep this short. I am a big fan of Forza and I know that's not a full sim but it was more sim than arcade titles such as NFS which I don't like, so that's my history I am a good racer on Forza using a gamepad.

I watched the development of Project Cars for the last year and purchased day 1 along with a Thrustmaster T100 FFB wheel to go with the truer sim setting.

Now I know learning a new game device (wheel) can take time but I have put in 10 hours so far and struggling to handle car's consistently. I have tried with assists all off, a mix of some on and some off but still can't find a good balance. The closest I have got is leaving ABS and Traction Control on but the rest off.

So my main problem I find when driving is, When on a straight even in a GT3 car at say 100MPH the car just seems out of control, I try and move the smallest amount to pull out to take a car and bam the FFB kicks in and before I know it I'm fighting the wheel and in the barrier.

I have tried reducing the FFB down, originally 100%, then 70%, then 50% I even tried with it off but something just doesn't feel right on straights I feel like I'm fighting to keep the car straight let alone try and over take anyone in a controlled manner.

I have tried many different cars and classes from karts up to F1 and get mixed results.

I just don't understand what's happening. The other thing I'm confused about, I thought FFB would give me more sensation of when I'm loosing control. For example I hit the breaks hard into a corner I expected some Force to come through the wheel, I start to slide, I expect Force through the wheel. I get ZERO force in these 2 cases but yet on straights the slightest movement on the wheel and I mean slightest just gets the car all crazy, I try and make a small adjustment and before I know it the car is out of control ON A STRAIGHT!

I guess what I'm here posting for is, I love the game but after 10 hours of battling, I'm seriously starting to question is the game control that hard, is my wheel to blame, is there some settings I need to tweak on the FFB stuff, it's all gibberish to me with little explanation in laymen terms what each FFB setting will actually do if I alter it.

Any tips, advice would be much appreciated. I really want to learn this game and I love it even though I'm struggling, but 10 hours in I shouldn't be struggling to finish a GT3 race with ABS and Traction control on, I should be able to keep it on track if I drive sensibly without pushing the corners to the limits but it just feels so out of control.

I've done a couple track days in real life in a Ferrari and a Lambo and if Pcars is supposed to be feeling real why on earth is it this hard to control. Real cars don't twitch out on straights for no reason.

Sebstinator
12-05-2015, 21:56
Hey, try this.

As it is important to plug in your wheel after starting the game, its also important to not leave the game and switch back in. Like looking for trophies or writing messages.
Most likely your FFB will get weird after you go back to pcars. At least it happened to me.

Now some words about my settings. Pictures are in german, but you should be able to figure out which is what...

Pictures are found here (https://app.box.com/files/0/f/3592635069).

DSC_0789
- Every setting belongs to your likings, our wheel can handle it, do what you want... ^^

DSC_0790
-I recommend to set "Stoßdämpfer-Setting" to "0" because otherwise it will damp your whole FFB.
- "Force Feedback" must be at "100" its important later on!
- "Gegenlenkhilfe" is just a help to catch oversteering and won't affect FFB at all. It just feels weird if your wheel reacts without you doing anything... So I disabled it.

DSC_0791
- "Reifenkraft" is the main setting to adjust the strongest of your FFB, don't set it to high here, because it affects all cars...
- "Bereich Totzonenentfernung" is the most important setting, as it defines the mechanical deadzone of the wheel... (caused by the construction with gears and rubber bands) I tested mine with the Wheel Check Tool from iracing.com, so your wheels should be mostly identical. Maybe try one step more or less.
Remember, if this setting is wrong, your wheel won't be able to use all the input from the game. This is why Force Feedback must be 100.

DSC_0792
- I just did this because i read it in forum and saw it on insidesimracing and it feels good...

Now the individual car settings:

DSC_0787
"Hauptstärke" this is the main switch where you should calibrate how strong your FFB is.
The others settings defines how strong you feel which kind of force, sideways = X, forward = Y, upwards = Z, as you know it from coordinates system in school...
These settings are just my pre config for every car to start from. It's a good average setting.

DSC_0786
"Lenkerwinkel" is to simulate your arms or something like that...
However, the preset is mostly ok, just some cars are screwed up, so set it as you like it.

DSC_0788
The upper values are there to simulate the G-Forces I think, but i don't like it, so I set it down and use the camera shaking instead.
If its higher, it just distract me from the more important force feedback of the wheels.
The lower settings let you feel the back of your car gets loose if you oversteer, or if you jump.
So its very important to control the car and these settings should work for most of the cars.

Thats it.

I hope this helps you out a little, and it would be nice to get some feedback if you tried it.

Flystar
12-05-2015, 23:13
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1041928&page=28

Try that :

"From what I can see but, there are global settings in the main menu, from there you can later the settings further for each car if you need.

There are FFB settings that are only available in the car setup that do not have global equivalents. Specifically the Seat Of Pants (SOP) settings. These are the ones that let you feel the grip of the tires (that many have complained do not exist). Thats because they are defaulted to ZERO on every car, and only available in each car setup, that must be adjusted for each car individually (no global option for these). And then manually save to all tracks for that specific car under separate menus."

Paxton12
15-05-2015, 20:04
I have the t80 racing wheel and I can't seem to turn around corners very well with it. On any turn no matter how far I turn the wheel I still go off the track. My speed doesn't change anything. Please help me

NXP3
16-05-2015, 04:20
Hey Community,

I'll try and keep this short. I am a big fan of Forza and I know that's not a full sim but it was more sim than arcade titles such as NFS which I don't like, so that's my history I am a good racer on Forza using a gamepad.

I watched the development of Project Cars for the last year and purchased day 1 along with a Thrustmaster T100 FFB wheel to go with the truer sim setting.

Now I know learning a new game device (wheel) can take time but I have put in 10 hours so far and struggling to handle car's consistently. I have tried with assists all off, a mix of some on and some off but still can't find a good balance. The closest I have got is leaving ABS and Traction Control on but the rest off.

So my main problem I find when driving is, When on a straight even in a GT3 car at say 100MPH the car just seems out of control, I try and move the smallest amount to pull out to take a car and bam the FFB kicks in and before I know it I'm fighting the wheel and in the barrier.

I have tried reducing the FFB down, originally 100%, then 70%, then 50% I even tried with it off but something just doesn't feel right on straights I feel like I'm fighting to keep the car straight let alone try and over take anyone in a controlled manner.

I have tried many different cars and classes from karts up to F1 and get mixed results.

I just don't understand what's happening. The other thing I'm confused about, I thought FFB would give me more sensation of when I'm loosing control. For example I hit the breaks hard into a corner I expected some Force to come through the wheel, I start to slide, I expect Force through the wheel. I get ZERO force in these 2 cases but yet on straights the slightest movement on the wheel and I mean slightest just gets the car all crazy, I try and make a small adjustment and before I know it the car is out of control ON A STRAIGHT!

I guess what I'm here posting for is, I love the game but after 10 hours of battling, I'm seriously starting to question is the game control that hard, is my wheel to blame, is there some settings I need to tweak on the FFB stuff, it's all gibberish to me with little explanation in laymen terms what each FFB setting will actually do if I alter it.

Any tips, advice would be much appreciated. I really want to learn this game and I love it even though I'm struggling, but 10 hours in I shouldn't be struggling to finish a GT3 race with ABS and Traction control on, I should be able to keep it on track if I drive sensibly without pushing the corners to the limits but it just feels so out of control.

I've done a couple track days in real life in a Ferrari and a Lambo and if Pcars is supposed to be feeling real why on earth is it this hard to control. Real cars don't twitch out on straights for no reason.

I don't know why SMS thinks we're some expert car racer and enjoy playing simulation in our spare time. But we are not. We are just ordinary people enjoying a racing game. So for each settings, there should be a description beside it telling us what that setting do. Seriously, I have to go online search all over the place to see what the setting are. It shouldn't be that hard to enjoy a game.

Mitch1985
24-06-2015, 09:12
Hi guys....i found the same problem on a straight and i test every setting possible like suggest in this this thread..but i don't solve this problem! This problem will not run if i start the game from beginning....but i don't wanna start again the game..how can i solve it..? Pls help me!
Patch 1.4 running on ps4 and t100

Guido_M3
24-06-2015, 12:24
Hello,

I am racing with the T100 as well.. And I experienced the same problems. Tried lots of settings found on the internet.
Nothing really made it better.

But then I tried the settings of Sebstinator and the are way better then al those other settings. Try using them and your wheel will change a good way.
Try some tweaking to your own likings and you have a good wheel to drive.

Crisis Nine
26-06-2015, 12:27
Regardless of if you have any deadzone on the wheel, try putting deadzone removal falloff at 0.10, I did that and it stopped the straight line wobbling issue altogether.

gbm
27-06-2015, 02:23
Regardless of if you have any deadzone on the wheel, try putting deadzone removal falloff at 0.10, I did that and it stopped the straight line wobbling issue altogether.

I'm MAJORLY having this "Straight Line" issue right now, it's a deal breaker for me at the moment, I CAN'T GO FAST AND STRAIGHT AT ALL.

I tried your method, it helped sliiiiiiightly. Please someone chime in that knows how to remedy this, it's making me not want to play.

EDIT: I noticed it's worse with the Audis....perhaps it's the FFB giving feedback on all 4 tires, rather than 2?

siemens123
27-06-2015, 12:57
my settings for T100:

1. i use the red led blinking (centering on)
2. force feedback 90
3. tire force 90-95
4. relative adjust gain 1.10
5. relative adjust bleed 0.10
6. relative adjust clamp 0.95
7. body scale 0.01
8. body longitudinal scale 0.01
9. scoop knee 0.70
10. scoop reduction 0.15
11. deadzone removal falloff at 0.07 (the higher it is, the more steady is the car on straights , but also the higher it is the quicker steers left/right)
12. then i use Jack Spade's 66% setup for every car (u find it in here on forums at sticky)
Also wait for patch 2.0 cause they say it will fix some T100 problems with FFB.

gbm
27-06-2015, 13:00
my settings for T100:

2. force feedback 90
3. tire force 90-95
7. body scale 0.01
9. scoop knee 0.70
10. scoop reduction 0.15
11. deadzone removal falloff at 0.07 (the higher it is, the more steady is the car on straights , but also the higher it is the quicker steers left/right)
12. then i use Jack Spade's 66% setup for every car (u find it in here on forums at sticky)

Hmmmmm, those are some really low and weak values, no wonder you use the BLINKING light, that probably compensates.

I'll give it a try though.

gbm
27-06-2015, 13:01
my settings for T100:

2. force feedback 90
3. tire force 90-95
7. body scale 0.01
9. scoop knee 0.70
10. scoop reduction 0.15

Hmmmmm, those are some really low and weak values, no wonder you use the BLINKING light, that probably compensates.

I'll give it a try though.

EDIT: What about your other Deadzone value? There are 2.

siemens123
27-06-2015, 13:21
i'm using under 100 ffb values cause i'm afraid that the T100 will collapse after a period of time (i use it 2-2.5h/day 5-6 days/week). i'm not very confident in this wheel being build from very good materials. i hope i'm wrong cause it costs a lot of money for me.
i dont have the PS4 now open to tell u the deadzone but the 1st one i think it's on 0.

those are my settings, but there's still room for improvement.

MrBiets
30-06-2015, 11:22
Hey, try this.

As it is important to plug in your wheel after starting the game, its also important to not leave the game and switch back in. Like looking for trophies or writing messages.
Most likely your FFB will get weird after you go back to pcars. At least it happened to me.

Now some words about my settings. Pictures are in german, but you should be able to figure out which is what...

Pictures are found here (https://app.box.com/files/0/f/3592635069).

DSC_0789
- Every setting belongs to your likings, our wheel can handle it, do what you want... ^^

DSC_0790
-I recommend to set "Stoßdämpfer-Setting" to "0" because otherwise it will damp your whole FFB.
- "Force Feedback" must be at "100" its important later on!
- "Gegenlenkhilfe" is just a help to catch oversteering and won't affect FFB at all. It just feels weird if your wheel reacts without you doing anything... So I disabled it.

DSC_0791
- "Reifenkraft" is the main setting to adjust the strongest of your FFB, don't set it to high here, because it affects all cars...
- "Bereich Totzonenentfernung" is the most important setting, as it defines the mechanical deadzone of the wheel... (caused by the construction with gears and rubber bands) I tested mine with the Wheel Check Tool from iracing.com, so your wheels should be mostly identical. Maybe try one step more or less.
Remember, if this setting is wrong, your wheel won't be able to use all the input from the game. This is why Force Feedback must be 100.

DSC_0792
- I just did this because i read it in forum and saw it on insidesimracing and it feels good...

Now the individual car settings:

DSC_0787
"Hauptstärke" this is the main switch where you should calibrate how strong your FFB is.
The others settings defines how strong you feel which kind of force, sideways = X, forward = Y, upwards = Z, as you know it from coordinates system in school...
These settings are just my pre config for every car to start from. It's a good average setting.

DSC_0786
"Lenkerwinkel" is to simulate your arms or something like that...
However, the preset is mostly ok, just some cars are screwed up, so set it as you like it.

DSC_0788
The upper values are there to simulate the G-Forces I think, but i don't like it, so I set it down and use the camera shaking instead.
If its higher, it just distract me from the more important force feedback of the wheels.
The lower settings let you feel the back of your car gets loose if you oversteer, or if you jump.
So its very important to control the car and these settings should work for most of the cars.

Thats it.

I hope this helps you out a little, and it would be nice to get some feedback if you tried it.

Hi Sebastinator, hi everyone,

as I am new to the Game, using a Thrustmaster T100 as well I am happy to see people using the same hardware and already worked on the settings.

To get a good start and great feeling during the races, I was looking for a great universal starter settings-setup. Unfortunately the link for the images you provided Sebastinator is not working for me (as I have to log in), can you please re-upload the screenshots with your settings or send them to me on another way (I am german as well).

Thanks
Cheers
Biets

PS: You say to connect the wheel during the game, right here (http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00160.pdf) it says to connect the wheel BEFORE starting the wheel. What information is correct?

siemens123
30-06-2015, 17:16
Connect it when u start PS4.
U can try my settings above too.

HecticZA
01-07-2015, 08:44
I'm MAJORLY having this "Straight Line" issue right now, it's a deal breaker for me at the moment, I CAN'T GO FAST AND STRAIGHT AT ALL.

I tried your method, it helped sliiiiiiightly. Please someone chime in that knows how to remedy this, it's making me not want to play.

EDIT: I noticed it's worse with the Audis....perhaps it's the FFB giving feedback on all 4 tires, rather than 2?
Maybe it is not your wheel, but rather your car setup?
Try increasing your castor?

gbm
01-07-2015, 19:19
Maybe it is not your wheel, but rather your car setup?
Try increasing your castor?

Just to update:

I changed the deadzone removal and falloff settings, it's been perfect ever since.

Sebstinator
01-07-2015, 20:31
You can find the pictures here :

https://app.box.com/s/ha28xa1radotd6n68mfohkf2otyrqnt3

Personel im using jack spades settings right now. I only adjust them a little for me.

If I plug my wheel in before starting the game, it's going crazy. So I first start PCars and plug it in afterwards. Works perfectly.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
01-07-2015, 21:08
I have a t100 and I always have it set up before I turn my PlayStation on via ps button on ds4, whilst my PlayStation loads up the t100 spins lock to lock configuring itself to the ps4 I load Pcars up using the ds4 and then I use the t100 to press x to load into main game menu, I've never had any issues with my ffb loading like this, I'm using jack spades main global settings and I use my own ffb settings for each car