PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable.....read this.

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 19:23
So i booted up my console this morning and load Project Cars and its stuck on the screen where you press Start and the three lined button.
Its constantly loading, restarted 5 or six times, hard resets and power cable unplugged, the works.
Reset modem as well.

So i reinstalled, twice, no help.

So i phone up Microsoft.
Takes me through lots of procedures, nothing is working.
Now he asks me to clear my console of all saved data, so i do this.

Then restarted up the game, it then wants to download the cloud data which it does.
STILL NOT FIXED.

So i rewipe the data and turn off my modem.
Load up game, it works.
I then save the game, turn on modem to upload new data to cloud.

Now ive lost all my data to all my games and some of them wont won't use the data from the cloud.

Ive lost 17 months of progress on Forza 5, Battlefield 4 progress and many more.

Please who is going to compensate me for this?
Im on the verge of taking Project Cars back.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 19:30
That also happend to me - so much for cloud saving data...

This has nothing to do with SMS or PCARS - it's only about MS.

Elmo
12-05-2015, 19:33
I can understand that you are upset. But there is little we can do here at the moment other than to figure out what happened to you, if it was indeed linked to pCars and how it could be avoided for other players.

That also happend to me - so much for cloud saving data...

This has nothing to do with SMS or PCARS - it's only about MS.

So did this happen to you with pCars as well or a different game? Is this a known issue with XB1 in general?

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 19:34
Of course it has something to do with Project Cars, that was the game that wouldn't sync regardless where the data is saved.
If i didnt buy the game then i would still have saved data from my other games.

Fuming isnt the word.

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 19:35
I suffer with you, MS Cloud is not to be trusted, unfortunately,

WindsweptDragon
12-05-2015, 19:41
So i phone up Microsoft.
Takes me through lots of procedures, nothing is working.
Now he asks me to clear my console of all saved data, so i do this.

No idea about the Pcars problem but I would guess this is the cause of you data loss for the other games. Im really dont think the MS person should have told you to delete your other save data.

MisterO
12-05-2015, 19:45
If the cloud saving feature which I guess is part oft the MS SDK can be completely corrupted by one game then the SDK has a big problem. pCars might have one as well, though ;-)

SN1P3R SK33T
12-05-2015, 19:45
As far as I can tell, from those step's, You've only deleted your local data so all other saves will be in the cloud. The only thing that would have overwritten them would be if you booted up a game whilst not online.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 19:46
I can understand that you are upset. But there is little we can do here at the moment other than to figure out what happened to you, if it was indeed linked to pCars and how it could be avoided for other players.

So did this happen to you with pCars as well or a different game? Is this a known issue with XB1 in general?

No not with PCARS, but with Forza 5 - like I said this has NOTHING to do with PCARS - this is only about MS and their cloud system! No matter how sad ABR Getif may feel about it - this can't be blamed on SMS.

Elmo
12-05-2015, 19:47
Thanks for the feedback - we keep an eye on it anyway.

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 19:52
No idea about the Pcars problem but I would guess this is the cause of you data loss for the other games. Im really dont think the MS person should have told you to delete your other save data.

He told me to delete it all through the system settings you see. Thats why ive lost all data, it won't sync with other games and when it does all my data is gone.

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 19:54
Benja You talk nonsense.
These are PCARS forums, it was a PCARS problem, it has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PCARS.
I would never had lost the data had it not been for PCARS and its issues.

I know your from denmark mate but your not very bright.

Elmo
12-05-2015, 19:55
We don't tolerate insulting other people here. No matter how upset you are.

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 19:59
Im not actually upset, im fuming.
Some people have budgets to live on when it comes to gaming and im on one.

I have a wedding coming up and ive spent cash on a game that has ruined my whole xbox experience, upset you say?

Unbelievable.

Srt8 300c
12-05-2015, 20:01
Very sorry to hear of your dilema
i would be gutted to say the least.... I think its a Microsoft problem unfortunatley.

My brother had a forza 5 syncing problem after installing GTA5 which wouldnt load.(Digital copy)
He went through customer service and wiped his data. He brought a disk copy of GTA5 and microsoft reimbursed him for his digital purchase.

To cut a long story short it fixed his problem with GtA5 but lost all his saved data for Forza 5 and was unable to sync his game thereafter.

Martin G Webb
12-05-2015, 20:06
I/we understand your loss and empathise with you, however posting on a forum when you're clearly angry and upset isn't the best way to resolve the issue.

ABR Getif
12-05-2015, 20:10
Of course it is, people are listening now.

Anyway close the thread now mods, im done with this thread and will be phoning Microsoft first thing in the morning to seek compensation. Ive not spent many hours and alot of money to be screwed over. not on my watch.

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 20:13
Of course it is, people are listening now.

Anyway close the thread now mods, im done with this thread and will be phoning Microsoft first thing in the morning to seek compensation. Ive not spent many hours and alot of money to be screwed over. not on my watch.

No problem. Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully MS are able to resolve the issue.

Pete