PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of autopilot on/off function?

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 20:09
Drivatars are useful in many ways.

Eg. Gives you time in a long race to get a cuppa; allows you to concentrate on telemetry while drivatar drives the car, to name 2. Imagine doing a long race, and you effectively change drivers every so many laps.

All it takes is a little imagination to appreciate the benefits.

"Simulating rest of session" already does it, but you can't stop it.

Arkymedes
14-05-2015, 11:34
And it should be an easy thing to implement.

X Gabe 62 X
14-05-2015, 12:18
Actually, just realised that it is already implemented albeit crudely - as many thing in this game: hidden features you find by accident !!!!

Ever wondered what the "Change Driver" means in the pitting-in menu ???????????

Try it !

Gives you an autopilot driver that generally drives at your average laptime for that session !!!!!!!!!!!!! yippeeeeee doo dah day !

You then need to hit the "Pit In" request button, and he goes back in..... when this happens you hit "Change Driver" again and you are driving again !

Of course all this is in the manual............. erm...... I mean..... what manual !! ????????

Gonna start a thread on hidden features you could never know about... right now !

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 14:40
And it should be an easy thing to implement.
How do you know that?

Arkymedes
14-05-2015, 22:14
How do you know that?

The functionality is ALREADY there when going into the pits and changing driver. How hard is to put this functionality on the fly?

Please, don't be one of those people that cannot stand their favorite game getting a flak from time to time.

In my absolutely honest opinion, I believe that Project Cars was released too early. I do understand the decisions probably taken to release at the date it was, the pression et al, but as a consumer, I'm tired of buying games that are released in a poor state just to MAYBE later have them fixed. Again, the game was not for free, I paid good money for it and have the right to criticize it as much as I want, as far as the critic is fair. And I don't believe I said anything out of the ordinary here.

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 22:22
It was a genuine question not a snipe at you.

Arkymedes
14-05-2015, 22:25
Sorry for that. It did "sound" as a snipe. You know Internet... :) again, sorry.

Really, I do believe that such a functionality would be easy to implement. I'm no programmer but I live in the "field" and I'm familiar with many aspects of programming and logic. The problem with Project Cars right now is that many aspects of it were brushed aside to what I believe pression to release the game and all that it comes with. The game feels not polished enough for the amount of hype and attention it got.

JorgeANeto
23-06-2015, 12:47
+1 for a Autopilot shortcut (as rFactor - "I" Key or Assetto Corsa - Control + C)