PDA

View Full Version : Much Needed Multiplayer Changes

Pink_650S
12-05-2015, 20:33
Hello everyone,

first of all l'm really loving this game, SMS did an amazing job, this is the racing game l was always waiting for!

But there are some features l'm missing, especially in multiplayer, which l want to name in this thread. Feel free to add your own wishes or suggestions.

Server-Browser:
- More lobby details displayed (i.e. allowed assists, damage, laps, qualifying etc.)

In Lobby:
- The host must be able to kick unfair players, the vote system never works.
- Also, let the host start the session. I know it could lead to some problems (host being afk), but sometimes the host needs to make important changes to the settings and all of a sudden the session starts.

During Session:
- Lapped players NEED to become a ghost! Idiots keep crashing others that race fair and square. Online races are noob-heaven right now. Maybe also penalize drivers for crashing on purpose.
- The tolerance of cutting corners should be reduced. For example Eau Rouge or any chicane, people just cut too much.
- Drivers should be able to finish a flying lap after the timer has reached 0:00.
- Reduce the countdown after the 1st has finished the race, or let the host set a timer.

Other Stuff:
- Balance: How is it that the C-Class DTM is in the same Category as Group 5 Cars? Thats flat out broken and kind of Pay2Win, since the DTM is superior in all aspects. You can say that overall some balancing decisions are questionable.

As said before, l would like others to make suggestion too.
See you on track! (;

Gathered Suggestions:
- Option to set car setups to default for equal chances.

Mike Laskey
12-05-2015, 20:41
Hello everyone,

first of all l'm really loving this game, SMS did an amazing job, this is the racing game l was always waiting for!

But there are some features l'm missing, especially in multiplayer, which l want to name in this thread. Feel free to add your own wishes or suggestions.

Host needs more Power:
- The host must be able to kick unfair players, the vote system never works.
- Also, let the host start the session. I know it could lead to some problems (host being afk), but sometimes the host needs to make important changes to the settings and all of a sudden the session starts.

During Session:
- Lapped players NEED to become a ghost! Idiots keep crashing others that race fair and square. Online races are noob-heaven right now. Maybe also penalize drivers for crashing on purpose.
- The tolerance of cutting corners should be reduced. For example Eau Rouge or any chicane, people just cut too much.
- Drivers should be able to finish a flying lap after the timer has reached 0:00.
- Reduce the countdown after the 1st has finished the race, or let the host set a timer.

Other Stuff:
- Balance: How is it that the C-Class DTM is in the same Category as Group 5 Cars? Thats flat out broken and kind of Pay2Win, since the DTM is superior in all aspects. You can say that overall some balancing decisions are questionable.

As said before, l would like others to make suggestion too.
See you on track! (;

Thanks for the feedback!

Some of what you ask for in terms of host control is available in private lobbies (in public lobbies, it's a majority system, in private it's host controlled). You have some good suggestions there; we know the car class system isn't perfect; these are aspects of the game design such as that, the qualifying timer and post-race timer we hope to improve as we move forward with pcars and future titles.

thegt500
12-05-2015, 21:42
All the points Pink made are IMHO, necessary, especially the race end timer. If you get a n00b or idiot who either is very slow, or just sits at the side of the track, it gets infuriating waiting for the timer to count down.
The host having more control is also an important point. No matter whether its public or private, if there's an idiot driver on track, crashing and blocking and he/she has friends in the room, the democratic vote system has little or no effect. Giving the host control over this will make the online rooms a lot better for everyone.

Sebstinator
12-05-2015, 21:45
I'm totally on your side, but on the other hand the host could simply kick someone because he is better than him... ;)

msmith1
12-05-2015, 21:52
I'd like to be able to see fastest laps online once a race has finished, alsl instead of just seeing your csr going round the track have the results with times/lap timss show up so the racers who have finished can look over and compare times etc while they're waiting for others to finish. Possibly when it gets back to the lobby have a races/races won tally next to each person or an average finish position.

dopeyj86
13-05-2015, 02:26
Please give the host an option to kick in public lobbies. This is very important because I like to meet new clean racers in public lobbies but it's hard to do when you get taken out of the race by an idiot going the wrong direction on lap number 2. Please add this option. Sure some people may abuse the power but I'd rather get kicked from a lobby knowing I'm faster than to get taken out by a childish fool going in reverse. Thanks

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 13:11
Please give the host an option to kick in public lobbies. This is very important because I like to meet new clean racers in public lobbies but it's hard to do when you get taken out of the race by an idiot going the wrong direction on lap number 2. Please add this option. Sure some people may abuse the power but I'd rather get kicked from a lobby knowing I'm faster than to get taken out by a childish fool going in reverse. Thanks

Same here! It happens in every game that good players get kicked, but l'm with you here, l take the risk of getting kicked out of lobbies, so l have the power to kick unfair players myself.

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 13:12
I'd like to be able to see fastest laps online once a race has finished, alsl instead of just seeing your csr going round the track have the results with times/lap timss show up so the racers who have finished can look over and compare times etc while they're waiting for others to finish. Possibly when it gets back to the lobby have a races/races won tally next to each person or an average finish position.

But you can do that, just press the Options Button (;

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 13:43
Please add option for "ONLY DEFAULT CAR SET UP" - meaning that host can chose whether to allow cars to have individually altered setups or to force the rule that everyone uses IDENTICAL (default) setups.

Just as option, some don't like it, others truly crave it :) it's just a simple option

Thank you

(clearly NOT regarding force feedback setups, ONLY on the car parts)

DarC
13-05-2015, 13:51

This is a MUST!

PhaedrusSocrates
13-05-2015, 15:58
This is a MUST!

It seems a bit to tricky you know?

On one hand - there are complaints in above posts that some people just park cars at the side of the road and force others to wait entire countdown...

On other hand - if you want to finish lap after countdown, how can a game realize are you realy driving? Well, maybe if it checks two things:
1.) That "your" car isn't stationary
2.) To allow "you" to complete only one more lap (to avoid new issue from people who were parked most of the race and started driving only after they got like 10 laps behind)

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 16:31
It seems a bit to tricky you know?

On one hand - there are complaints in above posts that some people just park cars at the side of the road and force others to wait entire countdown...

On other hand - if you want to finish lap after countdown, how can a game realize are you realy driving? Well, maybe if it checks two things:
1.) That "your" car isn't stationary
2.) To allow "you" to complete only one more lap (to avoid new issue from people who were parked most of the race and started driving only after they got like 10 laps behind)

Good point.
An idea of mine would be
1. Either start a countdown that fits a lap on that particular track (i.e. on Nurburgring 2 minutes)
2. Send stationary/afk cars back to the pits after maybe 30 seconds?
3. Let people vote to proceed to the race when the majority is done with their last qualifying lap.

Koenigscat
13-05-2015, 16:47
The think I'd like the most is to be able to see the server ping in the server browser

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 19:16
1. I agree with, they show very vague info on the server browser, at least give us the option to view minimal lobby info, or expanded info.

2. I agree, the vote to kick system often doesnt work and quite often is abused, the host shouls have the ability to bypass the vote system and kick a player thats causing issues. Ive often seen people try to vote to kick a player thats causing issues but people just dont vote to kick him/her.
- at least be able to delay the start of the game to make a change in the track and settings of the game.

3. I dont really agree with this, I don't like ghosting in racing games period it breaks the immersion for me. Lapped traffic has always been a caution even in real life. I do agree that lapped traffic does sometime resort to wrecking the people on the lead lap especially the ones that intend to wreck. Same goes for a disabled car still on the track. Make it a setting but make sure its listed on the server browser so I can choose not to join.
-agreed corner cutting is rampant
-agreed
- agreed on both parts, reduce the default count down time, and give us the option to increase or decrease the countdown timer.

4. Nothing in this game is sort of pay2win, its not even close to being called pay2win. Its just a ballance issue period. There is nothing in this game that you can pay for that will make you win, everyone has access to the same cars as everyone else.

5. I dont really agree with, the huge factor in racing is having the superior car setup then the next guy, or having a setup on the car the driver is comfortable with, this is how it is in real life racing, all the cars can be the exact same car but the setup is going to make or break the race, make it a option but have it listed in the server browser.

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 20:08
1. I agree with, they show very vague info on the server browser, at least give us the option to view minimal lobby info, or expanded info.

2. I agree, the vote to kick system often doesnt work and quite often is abused, the host shouls have the ability to bypass the vote system and kick a player thats causing issues. Ive often seen people try to vote to kick a player thats causing issues but people just dont vote to kick him/her.
- at least be able to delay the start of the game to make a change in the track and settings of the game.

3. I dont really agree with this, I don't like ghosting in racing games period it breaks the immersion for me. Lapped traffic has always been a caution even in real life. I do agree that lapped traffic does sometime resort to wrecking the people on the lead lap especially the ones that intend to wreck. Same goes for a disabled car still on the track. Make it a setting but make sure its listed on the server browser so I can choose not to join.
-agreed corner cutting is rampant
-agreed
- agreed on both parts, reduce the default count down time, and give us the option to increase or decrease the countdown timer.

4. Nothing in this game is sort of pay2win, its not even close to being called pay2win. Its just a ballance issue period. There is nothing in this game that you can pay for that will make you win, everyone has access to the same cars as everyone else.

5. I dont really agree with, the huge factor in racing is having the superior car setup then the next guy, or having a setup on the car the driver is comfortable with, this is how it is in real life racing, all the cars can be the exact same car but the setup is going to make or break the race, make it a option but have it listed in the server browser.

Valid points.
Maybe you would change your mind if someone waited for you on every lap, only to wreck you on purpose. It doesnt have to be the ghost thing, but we NEED a reasonable thing to prevent wreckers.
Well, the Steelcase Edition (which includes the DTM) was 10€ more, so in a way it is Pay2Win, because the DTM drives circles around the Group 5 cars. Its not a BIG deal, but something that keeps from setting up a Group 5 lobby, although the cars are awesome.

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 21:22
Valid points.
Maybe you would change your mind if someone waited for you on every lap, only to wreck you on purpose. It doesnt have to be the ghost thing, but we NEED a reasonable thing to prevent wreckers.
Well, the Steelcase Edition (which includes the DTM) was 10€ more, so in a way it is Pay2Win, because the DTM drives circles around the Group 5 cars. Its not a BIG deal, but something that keeps from setting up a Group 5 lobby, although the cars are awesome.

Ive had it happen a lot in multiple racing games, it doesnt change my mind on ghosing a lapped car. Its a chance you take in any online enabled racing game, only hope is to get them kicked in the next race, there is literally nothing you can do to stop wreckers other then kicking them out of the race, that is where a kick option for the host during a race comes in handy. Ghosting would literally take the immersion out of the game. Wreckers happen in every multiplayer racing game (especially in public lobbies).

A premium version of a game always comes with extra content (be it DLC or other things) and costs extra, that alone doesnt make it pay2win. That in this game is a balance issue not a pay2win issue, I can see where you're coming from in calling it like pay2win, but that would be like every other premium version of a game that comes with extra content that costs more.

Markeeez
24-05-2015, 22:45
- Host can kick players, it's so frustrating when you got noobs just crashing and trying to ram you off the road, need the ability to kick players and not vote, just doesn't work.

- Lapped cars become ghosts, again some players just trying to ruin your race.

- Chat system so players can actually communicate during the lobby time without a mic.

- Lobby names - being able to name your room is important for people who want different things (Clean, Drift, Fun, Drag, etc)

Johnny-Bee69
25-05-2015, 07:33
Hi guys reading all you good points here, one thing that bugs me, is no in-game friends list.
having to come out of the game to find friend in game gets stupid quickly. also this option could make easier to share car setups too.

apart from that this game is absolultey brilliant.

stevouk
25-05-2015, 07:46
why dont we get rid of car reset to track,cars can come from far back on long straights into hairpins at high speed ,go straight in gravel then reset,then they hav gained such ground instead of then having to drive out of gravel

lordymatsuo
25-05-2015, 08:05
Thanks for the feedback!

Some of what you ask for in terms of host control is available in private lobbies (in public lobbies, it's a majority system, in private it's host controlled). You have some good suggestions there; we know the car class system isn't perfect; these are aspects of the game design such as that, the qualifying timer and post-race timer we hope to improve as we move forward with pcars and future titles.

I host private lobbies every day and the only thing on this list i have seen that is covered in private is ability for host to start the race.

The rest of these issues are 100% valid and need to be patched.

Also saying moved forward with project cars and "future titles" is just disheartening why are you thinking or saying in future titles when this has only just released and needs desperate online tweaks.

This is a sim racer and online open lobbies are far from sim no matter what physics you spent 4 years creating, its a crash fest thats all it is online. We now only race in private lobbies which is a chore to organise. The game needs to better support online serious racers if it wants to maintain that sim racer category.

lordymatsuo
25-05-2015, 08:12
Ive had it happen a lot in multiple racing games, it doesnt change my mind on ghosing a lapped car. Its a chance you take in any online enabled racing game, only hope is to get them kicked in the next race, there is literally nothing you can do to stop wreckers other then kicking them out of the race, that is where a kick option for the host during a race comes in handy. Ghosting would literally take the immersion out of the game. Wreckers happen in every multiplayer racing game (especially in public lobbies).

A premium version of a game always comes with extra content (be it DLC or other things) and costs extra, that alone doesnt make it pay2win. That in this game is a balance issue not a pay2win issue, I can see where you're coming from in calling it like pay2win, but that would be like every other premium version of a game that comes with extra content that costs more.

I dont understand the imersion breaking point but each to his own. Ghosting every car is imersion breaking ill give you that but what is being suggested here is to ghost lapped cars. In a real race lapped cars would move out the way or get penalty. How does ghosting lap cars break imersion? If the lap cars does as they should you will never ghost through them as they will move, if a lapped car trys blocking you or crashing into you then they are a ghost and dont ruin your game.

Really dont see your point on immersion breaking, the OP wasnt asking for ghosting all cars, only those at the back which deliberatly cause crashes and ruin races when being lapped.

McLari
25-05-2015, 17:27
Played a coupe of online games today. Wreckers are a true pain in the ass. That's why I used to play my online racing at Iracing. This game however has so much potential and such a variety on cars, tracks and setup possibilities that I gave it a go. Multiplayer in this way sucks and without playing in private hosted games there is no fun in going into a multiplayer session.

Giving the host the opportunity to kick players makes sense, but harm is already done by the time wreckers get kicked. Imo it's impossible for a host to kick unfair players during a race or he has to see it himself. I think the point system in Iracing is a good way to prevent wreckers to do their nasty job. I would even take it one step further and pay a small amount monthly to get clean races. For now, I will play only privat games with people I know or stay away from the multiplayer.

madmax2069
25-05-2015, 18:01
I dont understand the imersion breaking point but each to his own. Ghosting every car is imersion breaking ill give you that but what is being suggested here is to ghost lapped cars. In a real race lapped cars would move out the way or get penalty. How does ghosting lap cars break imersion? If the lap cars does as they should you will never ghost through them as they will move, if a lapped car trys blocking you or crashing into you then they are a ghost and dont ruin your game.

Really dont see your point on immersion breaking, the OP wasnt asking for ghosting all cars, only those at the back which deliberatly cause crashes and ruin races when being lapped.

This is a sim, theres always the chance of wrecking with lapped traffic as in real life, and it should be possible in a sim. Ghosting lapped traffic would make it feel like a arcade game, and I didn't buy a arcade game.

Yes you run the risk of that lapped player being a wrecker, but again its always a risk.

Ghosting lapped traffic would be immersion breaking for me.

Theres so many orher ways to deal with wreckers that could be implemented (like being disqualified and removed from the race, host being able to kick someone without a vote, car gets returned to pits if said car remains on track and doesn't move) ghosting isnt one of them for me.

And if you dont want to run the chance of having wreckers in a race theres always the option of making a private race with like minded people (this is about the only best option right now).

KillerFox1978
25-05-2015, 18:07
can we have some indicator next to users names to say if they are using a wheel or a pad or have an Options to have a wheel only room.
Next could we have a way of creating a championship night with multi races with point given at the end of the championship? If point system too much then we can implement our own system.
We would also like to know who got the fastest lap on a race. (so if we do own points system we can give point for the fastest lap.)
We would also like to have reverse result grid start or a weight penalty for winning last race
Better chat quality as well please

lordymatsuo
27-05-2015, 15:22
This is a sim, theres always the chance of wrecking with lapped traffic as in real life, and it should be possible in a sim. Ghosting lapped traffic would make it feel like a arcade game, and I didn't buy a arcade game.

Yes you run the risk of that lapped player being a wrecker, but again its always a risk.

Ghosting lapped traffic would be immersion breaking for me.

Theres so many orher ways to deal with wreckers that could be implemented (like being disqualified and removed from the race, host being able to kick someone without a vote, car gets returned to pits if said car remains on track and doesn't move) ghosting isnt one of them for me.

And if you dont want to run the chance of having wreckers in a race theres always the option of making a private race with like minded people (this is about the only best option right now).

I understand your points and agree with most that there is other ways of dealing with it. You said yourself this is a sim racer? A sim = simulation of something real? What races are you watching in real life that any fool at the back just crashes into the leading cars? It just doesn't happen so why should it be allowed in a simulation of that real life experience? In real that driver would just be kicked off the team with no further career options, whilst this is a game / sim we don't have such sever circumstances and you will never get rid of those people.

Sure your suggestions of being able to kick the guy who did it is all well and good at dealing with it after it happened, so you kick the guy then the next race another guy does it, why do you want a sim which is not simulating what happens in the real racing world and not allow the dev's to put something in a proactive way to stop it before it happens?

Sorry, i'm not hating or trolling, I am honestly trying to get to grips with your reasoning as I too don't like wreckers but I just see the solution differently I guess.

Umer Ahmad
27-05-2015, 15:26
How do you stop a crash before it happens?

There are penalties and Disqualifications in the game, correct? Are they too 'loosely' assigned right now?

There should be "coming soon" a Safety Rating for each driver so maybe lobbies can organized by like a minimum rating. You may find notes about it if you use the forum search.

KlubbinJay
27-05-2015, 15:28
What do you think to make the pitstops a bit faster like in the real world of racing. The menu when you're hitting the pitlane during a race is kinda hard to understand and it takes a while before you can finally made a choice what compound you want to use at what pressure and how much fuel you want or need. This need to be quicker and easier...for example like Gran Turismo....its sounds kinda bad to call up a game like GT but the menu of the pitstops are way more easy to handle and to adjust during a race. Maybe something for the devs to fix this and make it a bit more "User-friendly". ;)

JeyD02
27-05-2015, 15:31
Please add option for "ONLY DEFAULT CAR SET UP" - meaning that host can chose whether to allow cars to have individually altered setups or to force the rule that everyone uses IDENTICAL (default) setups.

Just as option, some don't like it, others truly crave it :) it's just a simple option

Thank you

(clearly NOT regarding force feedback setups, ONLY on the car parts)

But are you aware that even the default setup are customised to be balanced in a way but still not perfect. The are many default setups that are completely bad and that's is because it hasn't properly been setup yet.

KlubbinJay
27-05-2015, 15:32
And we need a option to turn on a safetycar that drives around with a huge accident or when a car are standing at the track for more then 30seconds. This would be great to add to the game for the endurance-racers and more clean and serious racers around pCars

Fong74
27-05-2015, 15:48
Additional points from a league perspective:

- In replays one should be able to cycle through all the cars so the stewards are able to handle protests/investigations after the race
- Replays or the after-race screen needs to have the results of the (last) race

- Not a feature but info request: how does the penalty system work when it comes to pitstops; ppl are getting huge deceleration penalties after going out of the box quite often; what are the causes?

- Not new but supporting that already existing point in your list: option to allow default setups only in the lobby (I think that might be not as easy to implement as one would assume because setups are saved on a car/track basis in pC atm, but maybe/hopefully Im wrong), this would really help ppl get into the online part of the game faster and with less frustration imho