PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering/frame rate possible cause

bobblebob
12-05-2015, 21:11
Noticed last 2 nights ive played late on after the console has been on awhile i get bad stuttering and frame rate on tracks. I rebooted my console and this went away. Both times it happened i had the console on for 4-5 hours before it started to happen

I have energy saving mode on so fully power down each night, but this stuttering only occurs after a longish play session without a full reboot. Not sure if thats of any use to the devs

Watercutter07
21-06-2015, 02:45
I experienced the same thing. I reckon it might have something to do with the xbox getting hot. I put my hand on the top of the console, after I had experienced what you had and it was hot!!. I remember in years gone by that a similar thing would happen on my computer if it's was running too hot or if I had overclocked it too much. Would be interesting to see if it still has the same problem if a fan were to blow directly on it, keeping it cool.

nissan4ever
21-06-2015, 03:36
It helps to have your console in a well ventilated area. Don't have it enclosed in something that has no or limited air flow.

PzR Slim
21-06-2015, 09:50
I too have suffered this. Ian Bell posted elsewhere to say PCars is one of the first games to take advantage of a core being opened up by MS that previously was reserved for the OS. If you don't do a regular downpower of the console that core can become a bottleneck because it get taken up with all sorts of OS background tasks. Unfortunately the stuttering is a result of SMS pushing the console to new limits. A downpower of the system sorted the problem for me also.