PDA

View Full Version : My opinion of the game

accujimmy
12-05-2015, 21:54
Last night I joined these forums to get a sense of what people were saying about the game, what suggestions they had for newbs. What I saw was a A LOT of complaining about the game.

My sole reason for posting is to tell people who might have been scared off by the complainers to not worry. I can't say if the XBone version is unplayable as some claim as I don't buy inferior game systems. But the PS4 version is very, very good and I'm happy with my purchase. Don't listen to the haters, they get an unreasonable amount of the attention in places like this. PCars is a good game. It's hard, and the most SIM car game I've ever seen on a console. It makes me want to try a wheel again for the 4th time.

To those detractors; did you ever stop to consider you're just not very good at racing?

msmith1
12-05-2015, 22:03
Well said mate. I love the game, better than Driveclub (which is also very good, just not enough depth). Amd miles better than the crew (which is poor, although a totally different type of racing game).

PCars is possibly the best game that's been released in a long, long time (although it has got some bugs, which can easily be fixed).

SpaceMachine
12-05-2015, 22:16
(although it has got some bugs, which can easily be fixed)

Are you a coder?

I'm not convinced the bugs will be fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth because Project Cars has some moments of brilliance, but I can't help but feel I've paid sixty quid to be part of a beta. Considering the development cycle and overall funding for this title, bugs (and we are talking many bugs) shouldn't exist.

Francorchamps
12-05-2015, 22:20
Well said I share your opinion about the quality of this game. On PS4 it's a great game, it's even beyond my expectations. I'm not a sim racer so I can't even speak for the sim racers. I guess i'm one of those race gamers who most sim racers would call a sunday driver. I'm really not a pro but I just like to race cars and it doesn't bother me that I have to play against AI of only 60% and use racing line and assists and enjoy this game very much. Most reviews I've read said this game was not meant for me but if it's not made for me why am I enjoying it so much?

I think SMS produced the game they said they would produce: A simulator that is open to anyone, to people who like simulators and just gamers who like to race cars.

Are you a coder?

I'm not convinced the bugs will be fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth because Project Cars has some moments of brilliance, but I can't help but feel I've paid sixty quid to be part of a beta. Considering the development cycle and overall funding for this title, bugs (and we are talking many bugs) shouldn't exist.

Don't totally agree with you. I do understand your feeling that it feels like a beta. But I don't feel it like a beta. Maybe I'm dead wrong but I feel Project CARS like something that will keep evolving and that's worth my money. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs until now actually and I've been playing it since release day.

SpaceMachine
12-05-2015, 22:36
Maybe I'm dead wrong but I feel Project CARS like something that will keep evolving and that's worth my money.

I hope you're not wrong.

youngade
12-05-2015, 22:39
I hope you're not wrong.

He isn't wrong, SMS have said they are fully committed to this project going forward.

batman21685
13-05-2015, 18:11
I think the bugs will be fixed. Can tell by playing the game that a lot of love has gone into it and obviously the best way to find out about any bugs or problems is by having a high volume of people playing the game.

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 22:20
This game is phenominal. Im very surprised with it & am happy ive made the purchase. Its challenging, which only adds to the enjoyment for me. Im really looking forward to using my T100 wheel once ive built a stand for it.

Happy racing!!