PDA

View Full Version : braking issues

Dazza
12-05-2015, 22:41
i have abs turned off, but I'm finding its impossible to lock tyres. I've put my car in external view so i could see if they locked, tested the f1 car and gt3 car got up to top speed and slammed the brakes on 100% and nothing happens just happily slows down. seems like the abs on constantly on even when it shouldn't be.

Dan Brightstone
12-05-2015, 22:58
Ive been experiencing exactly this same, ABS off and cannont seen to get any sort off lock up under braking.

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 02:53
You need to check the car setup, by default they are very forgiving.

The Formula A is not a good can to try it in because of the high downforce, if you search the forum you will find other posts about breaking and not locking up the tyres.

Dazza
13-05-2015, 07:22
You need to check the car setup, by default they are very forgiving.

The Formula A is not a good can to try it in because of the high downforce, if you search the forum you will find other posts about breaking and not locking up the tyres.

so to get my brakes to lock up like they do in any other game i need adjust the car set-up, sorry that's not right and the f1 car is a great car to try it in, ever Sunday you see drivers locking up and missing the corners in real life. I should not be able to come up to a corner at 250kph + slam on the brakes to 100% and make it around without the hint of a lockup. my brakes should lock and have no chance to make the corner.

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 07:50
so to get my brakes to lock up like they do in any other game i need adjust the car set-up, sorry that's not right and the f1 car is a great car to try it in, ever Sunday you see drivers locking up and missing the corners in real life. I should not be able to come up to a corner at 250kph + slam on the brakes to 100% and make it around without the hint of a lockup. my brakes should lock and have no chance to make the corner.

The default setups are more forgiving and not as fast, so you are rewarded by pushing the car closer to the edge of what is stable/drivable, just like professional race drivers.

Bealdor
13-05-2015, 08:05

I have no problems locking up the tires in a Formula A car. Are you sure that your brake pressure is high enough and that your brakes are warmed up?
Please also check the telemetry HUD if the full brake pedal range of your controller/wheel is used.

itakethepics
13-05-2015, 10:07
Yeah it could be due to brake temp? You should struggle locking up the brakes for the first few laps anyway as they won't feel as responsive. I can certainly lock up the brakes using TX pedals, F1 car, GT3 etc all with no ABS.