PDA

View Full Version : endurance save feature

chanzief1
12-05-2015, 23:58
Is there any way of saving part way through an endurance race?

General_RIMT
13-05-2015, 00:30
That's gonna come in a future update.

Dynomight Motorsports
13-05-2015, 01:17
Would it not be an Endurance race if you saved half-way through it? The most I've ever driven in a game is 4.5 hrs (Nascar Inside Line: Coca-Cola 600)

chanzief1
13-05-2015, 08:20
It's more for the 12 hour and 24 hour races really. I've completed some 3 hour ones by allowing the Ai to take over for a bit

Rockefelluh
13-05-2015, 08:21
Would it not be an Endurance race if you saved half-way through it? The most I've ever driven in a game is 4.5 hrs (Nascar Inside Line: Coca-Cola 600)

Yeah, but the 24 hr achievement is a pain if you don't have a game save feature.

itakethepics
13-05-2015, 08:22
Yeah i've done some 3hr races which to be honest I didn't even realise what i was getting into till the race started! What a shock :) A save feature would be nice but maybe takes away some of the realism.

JessicaWalter
13-05-2015, 08:37
Yeah, but the 24 hr achievement is a pain if you don't have a game save feature.

it wouldn't be as much of an achievement if we could do it in a bunch of separate sessions

it's supposed to be a pain or everyone would do it

AcE_w1zArD
18-05-2015, 07:46
it wouldn't be as much of an achievement if we could do it in a bunch of separate sessions

it's supposed to be a pain or everyone would do it

Don't really agree with this. At least in FIA sanctioned events there are always driver changes in 12 and 24 hour events. One driver doesn't do the entire 24 hours and the game should allow you to save and continue.

Daveesaunders
18-05-2015, 07:56
I'd probably struggle to do a 3 hour race without stopping, having a 2 year old consistently running around and requiring attention means I need to be able to stop part way into a race, this is one reason why I don't yet play online. I guess what needs to be avoided is the people that continuously save and then go back to last save point if they crash. Maybe the achievement could be broken down based on the number of saves you make if you go for the full 24hrs straight with no saves then in my book you deserve the top award if you save then the award is lesser.

The achievements in a game don't interest me, i just want to be able to compete in a championship and learn how to get round the track cleanly and make my way up the championship leader board.

Mr Akina
18-05-2015, 15:25
So what about the change driver option?

gds1972
18-05-2015, 17:46
Can't you just use the instant game resume feature of the X1?

Rockefelluh
19-05-2015, 02:17
It's just a lot to ask someone to do 24 hr without save. I am sure there are a very small number of people that can even bite into a good chunk of the 24 in one stint. I have done multiple 3 hour races and boy, that is a lot of sitting and driving. Leaving the system on so I can come back is a lot to ask as well. You could have a power outage, system restart, game freezes, etc.

This is probably not the case, but I wonder. If I had a friend over to help with it could they sign in with their name and then get the achievement also? Anyone shed light on this?

habutyme
14-06-2015, 05:21
Hi new to thread. I agree you should be able to save I just finished a 25 hr endro and had to leave my PS4 on because I had to the house for a little while. I hope they put that feature in real soon.