PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 really bad frame rate or ghosting ?

Bowlz
13-05-2015, 01:55
Hey guys was really pumped about this game, but I am having some issues with pitchure quality as there is a double image and nothing is really clear even durning replay it just looks brutal. Is there a way to fix this in settings I have searched but have not been able to fix it.

TenthDan
13-05-2015, 02:03
Might need to play with your TV settings. I'm not sure myself what the best advice is, but try the different picture modes and disable any smoothness compensation programs etc the TV provides.

Bowlz
13-05-2015, 02:25
Thanks Dan but I have 2 sweet tvs and a really good monitor. I've tried it on all 3 and the issue is still there it's not the HDMI nor is it the power source. every other game I own looks good. it must be a launch issue

TomekCB
13-05-2015, 04:23
It's how they do AA on PS4. We only can hope they give us an option to disable it or using another technic. Why 60fps if you destroy it through such a stupid AA. Has nothing to do with TV. Just make a screenshot while
driving and you see always 2 separate frames on relative moving objects.

Sporran
13-05-2015, 05:12
I told shop i got it from unless we hear anything on this in the next week im going for a refund as its not playable.

It makes me feel sick looking at the screen and i have tried 2 also Sony w905 and Sony Z4500, its a health and safety issue. No other game does this.

Siberian Tiger
13-05-2015, 05:20
Guys the Devs are allready Aware of this Issue.

And they will probably integrate a Slider in the Options Menu to Tune the TXAA which is causing this "Double" Image.

But like TenthDan said please be sure your TV is set in Game Mode without ANY Post Process Filters...

Sporran
13-05-2015, 06:41
Do you have a realistic idea on timeline for patch, next week, a month?

kekke2000
13-05-2015, 09:57
Do you have a realistic idea on timeline for patch, next week, a month?

An AA slider would be possible in a day or two.

Sporran
13-05-2015, 10:51
An AA slider would be possible in a day or two.

Dont they still have to get cerification from sony for the patch?

MysterG
13-05-2015, 10:54
Indeed, it's not just a question of slapping a slider in and sending out a patch.
It still has to go through all the stages of QA both internal and external.

novcze
13-05-2015, 15:45
Dont they still have to get cerification from sony for the patch?

One have to wonder, why Sony certificated this game at all, when Share function is basically useless, because when you take screenshot there is always crazy ghosting everywhere.
Not to mention health issues, I was dizzy after playing for first two hours and no other game ever did that to me and I'm certainly not alone with this.

And really it shouldn't matter what picture mode or what features gamers use on their TV's, sure game/PC mode is the best, but when output from PS4 looks like this:

... no wonder you get sick after playing it.

And we really need some timeframe on this, if it takes month to fix this, I will confront Sony and demand refund as game released on their system is unplayable and causing health issues.

madmax2069
13-05-2015, 18:43
One have to wonder, why Sony certificated this game at all, when Share function is basically useless, because when you take screenshot there is always crazy ghosting everywhere.
Not to mention health issues, I was dizzy after playing for first two hours and no other game ever did that to me and I'm certainly not alone with this.

And really it shouldn't matter what picture mode or what features gamers use on their TV's, sure game/PC mode is the best, but when output from PS4 looks like this:

... no wonder you get sick after playing it.

And we really need some timeframe on this, if it takes month to fix this, I will confront Sony and demand refund as game released on their system is unplayable and causing health issues.

It takes SONY at least two weeks to a month to approve a patch once it has been submitted by the developers, they can make a patch that fixes this today, but it all falls on SONY with their patch approval process ( they are extremely slow at it).

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 18:51
Whoa....those pics.

Now I see what people are talking about.

So far it hasnt effected me yet, but yes...thats a problem.

wyldanimal
13-05-2015, 19:16
Picked up my copy yesterday.
Having the same ghosting / Double / Blurry images.
after messing with it for several hours I had to STOP, as it made me very Ill.
Bad Headache, Nauseous, almost to the point of Vomiting, and very dizzy.
I've been driving racing / Sim games for years. Have a triple screen GT5 / GT6 setup and not once did I ever feel Ill from them.

This is a horrible 1st experience.

edit: I'd also add, that I have a 3D tv and watch 3D movies for hours with no ill effects.
I also had a 3D TV setup and drove GT in 3D for a long time..
it's not like I'm susceptible to motion sickness from games or 3D.

This is the first Gaming experience that ever made me Physically Sick.
it took me a good 15 mins to a half hour till I wasn't dizzy and felt well enough to drive myself home.

andeywei
14-05-2015, 21:40
I've tried every single "mode" on my LG TV.

The game is simply not playable.
I cannot play it for more than 15 minutes, without getting a serious headache.

The pictures that @madmax2069 has posted accurately depicts the type of playback I'm getting.

bandidoFPS
14-05-2015, 23:45
I feel the same ! We just need some answer from SmS, if they are already working on this and Estimated Time to fix this .

JonnyRingo619
15-05-2015, 15:36
Picked up my copy yesterday.
Having the same ghosting / Double / Blurry images.
after messing with it for several hours I had to STOP, as it made me very Ill.
Bad Headache, Nauseous, almost to the point of Vomiting, and very dizzy.
I've been driving racing / Sim games for years. Have a triple screen GT5 / GT6 setup and not once did I ever feel Ill from them.

This is a horrible 1st experience.

edit: I'd also add, that I have a 3D tv and watch 3D movies for hours with no ill effects.
I also had a 3D TV setup and drove GT in 3D for a long time..
it's not like I'm susceptible to motion sickness from games or 3D.

This is the first Gaming experience that ever made me Physically Sick.
it took me a good 15 mins to a half hour till I wasn't dizzy and felt well enough to drive myself home.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've been playing racing games for over 20 years and have never gotten sick from playing a racing game...until last night. Very disappointing. This ghosting is awful! I really hope there's a patch coming or else I'll have to sell my PS4 copy of the game and buy it for X1 (lower resolution but no ghosting). So far the game seems great except for this awful ghosting. The pics above is exactly what I see. To make matters worse, I play on 106" screen, so it's very noticeable and distracting.

trancend
15-05-2015, 23:59
Might need to play with your TV settings. I'm not sure myself what the best advice is, but try the different picture modes and disable any smoothness compensation programs etc the TV provides.

Its not the TV, it's a standard ghosting effect used on games that run at 30fps. Even if this game is running at 60, it doesnt look it when turning.

GTP_Strop
16-05-2015, 02:58
It was the first thing I noticed watching the replays. It looks awful, I really don't know what they were thinking releasing it like this. Is it only the PS4 that has this issue?

NXP3
16-05-2015, 04:11
It's how they do AA on PS4. We only can hope they give us an option to disable it or using another technic. Why 60fps if you destroy it through such a stupid AA. Has nothing to do with TV. Just make a screenshot while
driving and you see always 2 separate frames on relative moving objects.

Totally agree. This was a crappy move by SMS, they better give us options to disable it. The xbone don't have this problem because it's not using it. When you pause or if you try to take a picture or something you can see the ghosting. That is unacceptable.