PDA

View Full Version : AI, Cold Tires, & Weather

Nightfall
13-05-2015, 03:10
It seems to me that the AI is not affected by cold tires? While I have to either take the first 2-3 laps slowly or risk spinning out they seem to be able to go around corners on full attack mode. Same goes for racing in the rain, it's almost like they're on a dry track.

In fact I don't think I've ever seen the AI spin out.

I'm getting used to playing with a controller, tuning each car for a lot of understeer helps. I am, however, going to save up and get a wheel for the first time.

Anyhow, I'm not complaining, just passing along observations. Keep up the good work to all those involved, I can see the potential here and I can't wait. No refund required. :cool:

EDIT: Another thing I just remembered: At the beginning of a race you can take off before the light turns green? Is it because I have flags turned off?

EDIT 2: I keep remembering more things. My pit stop saves seem to be bugged. I named my pit save "Clio - Dry" and now it is named "****>8.***" or something like that.

PumaSpec
13-05-2015, 08:16
I totally agree with this. The A.I seem way too good in the Wet. :( Ruins A.I Weather racing.

itakethepics
13-05-2015, 08:20
EDIT: Another thing I just remembered: At the beginning of a race you can take off before the light turns green? Is it because I have flags turned off?

Yeah you need flags on, otherwise you can just do what you like without penalty which isn't very sim minded :)

Srt8 300c
13-05-2015, 08:24
Every time i have accidently jump started i have to take a drive through penalty in pits.
So frustrating but so realistic!!!
I have noticed the ai are masters of the cold tyre :)

EMW Grogan
13-05-2015, 08:24
Same as above re rain and cold tires, but i also notice that even on a very high AI difficulty that if you drive up behind or get along side AI they seem to get out of your way and even drive off the track......far too nice

itakethepics
13-05-2015, 10:20
Every time i have accidently jump started i have to take a drive through penalty in pits.
So frustrating but so realistic!!!

Yeah same, first time i was like Noooooooooooooo! then you appreciate how realistic it is.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 10:36
These points were raised here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion)

you guys can continue the AI conversation in that thread. I'll close this one for now.