PDA

View Full Version : 2 Players, LAN, Steam, DRM, DS

farthog
13-05-2015, 07:58
Just a quickie: While I (daddy) was kart racing Project CARS my two 8yo daughters came in and were quite excited. "can we race against each other like in this other game?". (GT6, PS3, splitscreen, wheel vs. controller). Me: "Nope, no splitscreen option. FPS rulez.". Daughter: "FPS is ok for me, but we have a second computer here. So why don't you start up a DS on your file server, install Project CARS and off we go?"

Well, successfully daughtered, I promised to check and ask. Is this possible without creating a second steam account and buying a second copy of Project CARS for this 'once in a while' idea of my girls ?

Money is not the problem, I love to support Project CARS. But this setup will only used for a couple of hours.

Cheers,

Peter

Elmo
13-05-2015, 08:07
You can't run two instances of the same Steam game at once. So there is no way around a second Project Cars copy.

You don't need to run a dedicated server though. The game will recognize that you are in the same network and will send the data directly to each other without going through the internet.

farthog
13-05-2015, 08:12
Thanks, so this will be the way to go. That's OK for me.

It's worth it anyways.