PDA

View Full Version : UK based casual racers wanted! (PS4)

Mythaga
13-05-2015, 09:13
Hi all,

I run race nights on GTAO with my crew and some of us have recently transferred over to Project Cars.

There's already 3-4 of us racing now with more to come, but we are looking for like minded people to join us:

We race between 7-12pm most evenings (but feel free to dip in and out)
We race a variety of cars/tracks, whatever takes our fancy at the time.
I don't force any views or assists on/off. I believe people should be able to chose a setup that suits them, as everyone is at different standards.
We all have mics, and like a bit of banter!
We don't takes things too seriously, we race just for fun, we race clean but accidents do happen and we don't get arsey about it!
Age wise we are between 30-40 mainly, so no kids please.

If the above sounds like your bag add me on PSN: Mythaga (send me a message first though so I know who you are)

Cheers
Paul

andyscott
13-05-2015, 10:25
I'm up for that, will send a request through PSN tonight!

Although, before I can race, I need to make/find something to fix my wheel & pedals to...

As the coffee table it's attached to was a couple of feet in the air this morning - lost control through, what I think is, Rascasse, on the Azure Circuit (Monaco).

Mythaga
13-05-2015, 10:55
Hi Andy, yeah sure send me a friend request. I use a pad, don't have a wheel, no space in my small room lol

andyscott
13-05-2015, 11:03
Sweet! TBH I didn't have the space either; I just was overcome by the urge to buy one!

Mythaga
13-05-2015, 11:06
If you fiddle with the settings the game is perfectly playable using a pad. Traction control & ABS on, plus reducing the steering & throttle sensitivity helps massively.

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 14:12
Sounds good, sent invite

Mythaga
13-05-2015, 14:24
Nice one :)

andyscott
14-05-2015, 07:48
It was quite late by the time I finished building my seat / rig (albeit a tad Heath Robinson) last night, I've only just sent a request!

Just put a couple of laps in around Azure again and wow... I'm getting a really realistic sensation when passing over curbs - Whoop!

Mythaga
14-05-2015, 08:03
Had about 5-6 of us last night, plus a couple of randoms, good craic! Probably hosting a lobby tonight, about 9ish if anyone wants in?

andyscott
15-05-2015, 09:38
Hey hey!

I managed to join briefly last night but some friends turned up and... well... I kinda lost my seat 'til they buggered off!!

Did you intend to lock to view; maybe I was just getting confused but I found it was locked to the bumper / bonnet view.

Also, not sure if it was b/c I had enabled full damage or the car (can't remember which exactly but I think it was the BMW M1) but I couldn't get it out of 3nd gear; the revs would die and I've have to changed down to 1st and build backup. In fact I don't think I hit 60 mph!

I did spank the car on the pit exit and deffo hit the rev limiter so I'm kinda thinking it was the Full Damage & I managed to damage the engine!

Anyway, I might have (un-welcome) guests again tonight but if not I'll be on!

Mythaga
15-05-2015, 15:08
Hey hey!

I managed to join briefly last night but some friends turned up and... well... I kinda lost my seat 'til they buggered off!!

Did you intend to lock to view; maybe I was just getting confused but I found it was locked to the bumper / bonnet view.

Also, not sure if it was b/c I had enabled full damage or the car (can't remember which exactly but I think it was the BMW M1) but I couldn't get it out of 3nd gear; the revs would die and I've have to changed down to 1st and build backup. In fact I don't think I hit 60 mph!

I did spank the car on the pit exit and deffo hit the rev limiter so I'm kinda thinking it was the Full Damage & I managed to damage the engine!

Anyway, I might have (un-welcome) guests again tonight but if not I'll be on!

Wondered where you went!

No, I setup the lobby with nothing locked, damage set to visual only. Or at least thought I did...

I'll double check for tonight's session.

Tallahasse2015
16-05-2015, 15:56
Hello can you add me my PSN is Redfox75uk, would love to hop in and play with you all sometime :).

Mythaga
16-05-2015, 17:05
Hello can you add me my PSN is Redfox75uk, would love to hop in and play with you all sometime :).

Yeah sure add me, might be racing this evening not sure yet though