PDA

View Full Version : 1st time wheel user...

bridga83
13-05-2015, 09:21
So I received my new wheel yesterday the thrustmaster t80, was a bit sceptical as to how I would do with it having never used one before and with it being a cheaper model as I am a casual racing game fan.
To my suprise it has actually improved my times and it feels amazing compared to the DS4. I love the paddle shifting and the pedals feel great.

My only concern now is that I wish I'd have gone for one with ffb. As great as this wheel is it just feels like it's missing that one thing that would make it perfect.

I've searched around and literally nothing is availible, the t100 which would be ideal is sold out everywhere, the t300 although more than I'd want to pay is also hard to get hold of.

can anybody offer any solutions? I don't want to spend big as like I said I'm not a hardcore racer but I do enjoy this game a lot and with the wheel makes it incredible.

Any solutions would be very helpful, ie as to where I might find a t100 etc?

OppaErich
13-05-2015, 09:34
I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT which is in the same price range as the t100. After installing a set of configuration files the experience is plain awesome. I can even tell that only half the tire hit the curb and how the tires warm up and gain grip.

Nktrnl
13-05-2015, 09:37
Keep an eye out on eBay. I picked up a thrustmaster T500rs for really cheap. It's an awesome wheel and pedal set to use. I'm just waiting for my TH8 shifter to come in from Amazon and I'll be set.

Crisis Nine
13-05-2015, 09:54
I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT which is in the same price range as the t100. After installing a set of configuration files the experience is plain awesome. I can even tell that only half the tire hit the curb and how the tires warm up and gain grip.

Nice bit of advice but bearing in mind that this is the PS4 part of the forum the Logitech wheel won't be of any use to him as it's not supported.

Mikey2
13-05-2015, 09:55
Get the t300rs and you will become a hardcore racer!! You can't help it, its that good.

bridga83
13-05-2015, 10:06
I'd love to justify spending that much on a wheel mate but I can't unless one comes up cheap on ebay lol.
it's almost the price of another ps4, my Mrs would love that, I'm already using her ironing board as a rig lol

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 10:10
I'd love to justify spending that much on a wheel mate but I can't unless one comes up cheap on ebay lol.
it's almost the price of another ps4, my Mrs would love that, I'm already using her ironing board as a rig lol

lol, yeah I'm in the same boat, need a wheel but to justify 100 for one game is a bit much, plus another 80-100 for a proper stand.

bridga83
13-05-2015, 10:40
I honestly believe the price for the t80 is justified, it's a great bit of kit for the price and it makes such a difference to the DS4.

I'll wait I think and just see if an t100 comes up in the future for a reasonable price cus as of now I'm happy to stick with the t80

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 10:47
I honestly believe the price for the t80 is justified, it's a great bit of kit for the price and it makes such a difference to the DS4.

I'll wait I think and just see if an t100 comes up in the future for a reasonable price cus as of now I'm happy to stick with the t80

If I was going for a wheel it'd need FFB

msmith1
13-05-2015, 11:58
Quick question what is forcefeed back? Also does the t80 viabrate? I'm looking for a wheel, but again 100 on a wheel for a casual racer.. Not justified.

bent_toe
13-05-2015, 12:17
Im no Hardcore racefan, i got a love/hate relation with them. Love rally games though.
I bought a T80 and knew exactly what i got...its perfectly fine and works flawless. FFB adds another dimension but its not necessary if you ask me. For the price of a T300 or T500 you get the T80 AND a playseat. Now that adds dimension to your gaming experience.

OppaErich
13-05-2015, 13:40
Nice bit of advice but bearing in mind that this is the PS4 part of the forum the Logitech wheel won't be of any use to him as it's not supported.
Ooops, I did not notice.

Not supported by the game ? DFGT is PC and PS3. It does not work with the PS4 ?

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 13:46
We NEED a picture!

Speed Fiend
13-05-2015, 16:29
I used moms old beach chair and some scrap wood to make (imo) a decent race rig. I'm low to the floor so I just prop the pedals against the dresser that the display is on. Its sooo ghetto indeed, but it works great.

As for the T80. Night and day difference compared to GT6 on PS3. It works very well (and no sore arms from FFB) On GT6 ON PS3 the T80 felt numb.

Anyone have suggestions for Configuration setup specs?

awaite85
13-05-2015, 17:25
Can Logitech wheels be found in stores??

Mikey2
13-05-2015, 18:00
Get from very and pay 30 a month she won't notice! Lmao