PDA

View Full Version : Car Failures

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 09:38
Has anyone experienced a random car failure in the game? Im not meaning a glitch or game issue, just running a race and the car gives up somehow.

I was racing at Hockenheim in a Touring car race (E30 BMW) when i suddenly found i had no drive...like a box full of neutrals. I coasted into the stadium section of the track, slowing to an eventual standstill for a good 20 secs trying to find drive...finally it jumped into gear and i was able to continue. Id like to think this was a genuine issue and not a fault within the game.

Id be interested to know what sort of car failures others have experienced.

HeeseyChelmet
13-05-2015, 09:42
engine blowout twice, never saw the above though.

Siberian Tiger
13-05-2015, 09:45
Gearbox Failures are implemented, so if you punish your Gearbox it can happen that you can't engage a Gear for a short Time.
Or that some of the Gears aren't even usable.

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 09:48
I think you have Mechanical Failures @ On.

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 10:08
I think you have Mechanical Failures @ On.

Yes i do, i like the game set as real as possible. No assists, full damage, manual gears etc.

Im not complaining about the failure, im just trying to be sure it wasnt a game issue. It just seemed strange that the car all of a sudden just found a gear and carried on like nothing happened.

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 10:11
Yes i do, i like the game set as real as possible. No assists, full damage, manual gears etc.

Im not complaining about the failure, im just trying to be sure it wasnt a game issue. It just seemed strange that the car all of a sudden just found a gear and carried on like nothing happened.

I had the same issues as you. My gearbox crahed three times now.

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 10:15
I had the same issues as you. My gearbox crahed three times now.

Ahh, cool, and did you get going again?

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 10:21
Ahh, cool, and did you get going again?

Yes..

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 10:27
Yes..

Ok thanks, thats good to know.

MrStef85
13-05-2015, 10:28
Ok thanks, thats good to know.

Your welcome!

Feetabix
13-05-2015, 10:54
I spent a good 40 minutes in the e30 warming it up on the Nurburgring.......I then attempted a full on hot lap. No assists, full damage, manual gears etc.......I nailed it and was on for an 8 minute time, only to come to a smoky stop on the big straight under the bridge having blown the engine spanking it so hard.......it made me laugh out loud......that realism is just why I signed up here......

Feetabix
13-05-2015, 11:01
The concept of having details like tyres warming unevenly on clockwise circuits, cooling down on big fast straights etc is great......it does perhaps stop just dipping into the sim for 5 minutes whilst waiting for my wife to choose which shoes she's wearing but it does stand it forward from previous sims/games......I love it!!....

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 11:14
it does stand it forward from previous sims/games......I love it!!....

I agree totally, the game is brilliant...even with the current issues which im sure will get sorted come time.

I spent a good 40 minutes in the e30 warming it up on the Nurburgring.......I then attempted a full on hot lap. No assists, full damage, manual gears etc.......I nailed it and was on for an 8 minute time, only to come to a smoky stop on the big straight under the bridge having blown the engine spanking it so hard.......it made me laugh out loud......that realism is just why I signed up here......

Haha, yeah. I found something strangely satisfying about the gearbox failure at the time, maybe i wont be so happy when it happens in a more critical race though. Still, a great touch to the game.

bent_toe
13-05-2015, 12:20
E30 BMW .

That explains it ;)

Kallungi
13-05-2015, 12:42
I had my share of the gearbox issue too. Was running Spa qualifying with BMW Z4 (GT3) and came a bit late breaking on turn one. Switched all the way down to 1st gear too early had some engine braking due that and when I was reving up to head down to Eau Rouge I had lost the gears. Rolled to the side of the track to switch back and forth in my disbelief. Eventually the gears came back.

I was kinda hoping I wouldve had to go to pit through menu to get new box or something. But nope :)

Feetabix
13-05-2015, 15:08
Yeah, I get the e30 thing, but as a middle aged man and 80/90's touring car fan it's still special!!.....

hkraft300
13-05-2015, 17:47
Blew the engine of the RWD LMP1 car in an online race at LaSarthe. Didn't last 3 laps.

Too much boost xD

IDinity
14-05-2015, 21:42
I've got a a question maybe it's really stupid but my engine has blown 3 times now in the pagani Huayra, on the monza cirquit.

I use paddle shifters and when i shift up i hold down my foot on the accellerater, should i not have my foot down when i shift up or down?, this is with paddle shifters, and automatic clutch from the game.

Umer Ahmad
14-05-2015, 21:53
Blew the engine of the RWD LMP1 car in an online race at LaSarthe. Didn't last 3 laps.

Too much boost xD

Did you MAX the radiator?

Casey Ringley
14-05-2015, 22:05
Full damage on and done some wall tapping maybe? The Huayra sucks down so much fuel that it can overheat pretty quickly if the radiator gets damaged*.

*Radiator damage is a bit too sensitive right now, I'll admit. We're looking at making them a bit more sturdy in a near-future update.

IDinity
15-05-2015, 01:23
Full damage on and done some wall tapping maybe? The Huayra sucks down so much fuel that it can overheat pretty quickly if the radiator gets damaged*.

*Radiator damage is a bit too sensitive right now, I'll admit. We're looking at making them a bit more sturdy in a near-future update.

Right, well i figured out my problem, apparently i was reving to much, cause in my car in the Huayra i could go into the RED without the digital counter on my right being red. But apparently just shifting just before going to red in the car fixed my problem. I just thought the digital counter on my right would be the one that i was to follow, so i kept my foot down just a little longer than i probably should have. But the digital counter never turned red, just the meter in the car. :)

Foodman111
15-05-2015, 06:07
engine blew couple times after pushing the car hard, I was like this is pretty realistic, then it blew again in the next race in the first corner, no way that wasn't realistic. turned it off. Don't want to deal with that when doing 24 hour races.

IXBEEFXI
15-05-2015, 11:44
Slightly different to on track failures but when i have pitted the engineer has come over the radio to let me know that a wheel nut is stuck and they are holding me for longer than usual while they try to release it.

Also in another pit stop the engineer told me that i have gearbox damage and they may need to retire the car :-)

Gejabo
15-05-2015, 18:43
I only had the Clio falling out of fourth gear back into third.