PDA

View Full Version : Some Road cars physics not right

eric55
13-05-2015, 10:07
A45 amg is very woubly and the sls amg never breaks traction even when trying to power slide it out of n corner its not a AMG thing, the BMW 1m is very very woubly its almost as if the damper setting on the suspension is on 0 but the Audi R8 V10 road is to say perfect for example

Please share what your view is on this

Regards to all

danowat
13-05-2015, 10:11
IMO, so take it with a pinch of salt, the road cars are the worst cars in the game in terms of physics, they all feel way too floaty.

dwalldorf
13-05-2015, 10:36
Definitely some road cars feel like you're driving a family-friendly van

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 11:41
I took the 911 RUF road car along the Azure coast (free practice). Every time i even breathed on the brake the controller vibrated. It was really annoying and i ended up leaving and heading for another car/track. I have not experienced this before or since with any other car/track combo. I haven't tried going back to azure coast in the RUF to see if it happens constantly.

My controller settings are great everywhere else so i don't want to tinker and mess them up, possibly it was a car set up issue however the car was out the box, i hadn't changed anything on it.

Marrrfooo
13-05-2015, 11:46
I took the 911 RUF road car along the Azure coast (free practice). Every time i even breathed on the brake the controller vibrated. It was really annoying and i ended up leaving and heading for another car/track. I have not experienced this before or since with any other car/track combo. I haven't tried going back to azure coast in the RUF to see if it happens constantly.

My controller settings are great everywhere else so i don't want to tinker and mess them up, possibly it was a car set up issue however the car was out the box, i hadn't changed anything on it.

I understand there has been some bug reporting on feedback against one of the RUF's - but I thought that was more of a wheel-specific issue...

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 11:55
Move the brake bias forward on the RUF to abkut 55-56 and lower the brake pressure. The rear brakes lock too easily on the default setup, for me i never liked it this way.

RUF racing at Azure Coast is top of my list

http://youtu.be/43k-pLDAA6E

Thomas Sikora
13-05-2015, 11:56
A45 amg is very woubly and the sls amg never breaks traction even when trying to power slide it out of n corner its not a AMG thing, the BMW 1m is very very woubly its almost as if the damper setting on the suspension is on 0 but the Audi R8 V10 road is to say perfect for example

Regards to all

maybe, not every car's has a perfect realistic setup. If you think a car is to "wobbly" increase the spring stiffness and damper. For me the cars feels ok (fanatec SCWV2).
Remember, it depends on the steering speed! The damper is a delay element, if you turn your wheel from 0 to 90 in a few milliseconds ( what you will never did in a real car), the simulation did it also and your spring travel is a max without have a chance to damping the movement.

What input did you use?
To the SLS, are you sure that tractioncontrol and stability was off?

timaloy67
13-05-2015, 12:07
Move the brake bias forward on the RUF to abkut 55-56 and lower the brake pressure. The rear brakes lock too easily on the default setup, for me i never liked it this way.

Possibly thats what it is. Seems strange they would be locking so easily though, and at such slow speeds. That said I do have my brake pressure cranked right up along with a highly responsive brake trigger so maybe its just that this car is super sensitive that config. Its not an issue on any other car.

HeeseyChelmet
13-05-2015, 12:23

Regards to all

Drove the R8 on California and it was horrible. Why? Cold tyres and I was flooring it all the time. Played it after a few days of playing the game, adjusting my control sensitivity and some of the car settings, the R8 was a different car. Clearly it wasn't and it was me who had adapted.

I agree, they feel different but so does a Ginetta compared to a Formula Rookie. Approach each car differently and practice