PDA

View Full Version : How to not spin out

jcrk2013
13-05-2015, 13:33
the one things im having the biggest trouble with is the cars always fishtailing leading to spin out what's the easiest way to recover quickly and keep your position on the track

danowat
13-05-2015, 13:36
If you are using a pad, DO NOT countersteer, if you detect a slide, return the stick to centre, lift off the throttle, let the car settle and then carry on.

Best way to counter a slide is not to start the slide in the first place ;)

jcrk2013
13-05-2015, 13:38
yeah i found the accelerator is really REALLY touchy in this game

Pink_650S
13-05-2015, 13:41
Maybe try less sensitivity on your controller (;

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 13:42
Where are you losing control? What situations? accelerating? off-throttle? braking? turning? going straight? over kerbs? When you get bumpe by an opponent? which car? which track? raining? dry? cold tyres? warm tyres? hot tyres?

There are so many ways to fix it but we need to know the specific situation. If the problem is "everywhere, ALL conditions I spin out" then we need to start with the controller setup.

danowat
13-05-2015, 13:42
yeah i found the accelerator is really REALLY touchy in this game

Try reducing deadzone and sensitivity on the throttle, also make sure your tyres are fully warm before turning the wick up.

Ecfc
13-05-2015, 14:51
Change your controller settings the ones here by PuntNL worked great for me:

Quote Originally Posted by PuntNL
Controller Input Mode - 3 (Change first)

Steering Deadzone - 10
Steering Sensitivity - 30
Throttle Deadzone - 10
Throttle Sensitivity - 40
Brake Deadzone - 10
Brake Sensitivity - 30
Clutch Deadzone - 10
Clutch Sensitivity - 45
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 35
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 3
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help - Off

BSDShoes
13-05-2015, 14:59
Been using the controller and have no problems, I did increase the steering deadzone to 25 and steering sensitivity to 90 and the rest as is (on input mode 3).

HarryHoodlum
13-05-2015, 15:09
Started a career in GT5 and literally couldn't get through half a lap without spinning out. Just kept restarting the practice session and nothing was changing. Felt like my tires were made of hard plastic. I lowered the sensitivity of the steering, throttle and brakes and noticed a little difference I guess.

I think the game is just insanely hard. I have the AI on 3/10 and I can barely keep up. But the thing is, I had so much fun last night sucking it up and I can't wait to get home and work on my skills. This is not the type of game where you can be good at every car, every track just because you've played racing games before. You need to test the car, tweak it, test it again, tweak again, rinse and repeat. You have to do that every time you try a new car, a new track, a new weather scenario...This game is unforgiving, and I think that's why I love it so much already. Gran Turismo feels like 'Cruisin' USA' compared to this!

S c r a t
13-05-2015, 15:57
the one things im having the biggest trouble with is the cars always fishtailing leading to spin out what's the easiest way to recover quickly and keep your position on the track
It does take some getting used to initially but try to persevere it's well worth it. Don't forget to warm up your tyres which is essential. I started with the AI set to 30 and used the Ginetta Junior, the Clio Cup and then went on to the Gulf 1000 cars. I am using the Ps4 controller and you should be OK to chuck those cars around a bit.

awaite85
13-05-2015, 16:00
I got up early thismorning before work to just to practice lol. It really does make GT look like Cruisin' USA haha.

I have no assists on and spin here and there. It varies car to car. The Rookie Formula's are easy to drive. Might help you get into the groove of things at first.

HarryHoodlum
13-05-2015, 16:15
I have nothing to prove, just trying to have fun, so I have all assists turned on and only cosmetic damage. Using manual transmission, which is fun but tricky because of the way the R gear works (need to downshift through N to R, then hit the gas to go in reverse...takes getting used to with all the spin outs). If I downshift at the wrong time, i.e. while turning slightly, I spin out instantly.

I need to practice a lot. Maybe should have started at a lower class than GT5?

Perfect Code
13-05-2015, 16:59
Copy pasta:

Ideally, SMS would have it so whichever slider/option is highlighted, on the very bottom of the screen, it would change the description to explain what changing it does.

Chairman7w
13-05-2015, 17:22
You just gotta baby that throttle until you shift up to 2nd, then 3rd. I don't think I mash it all the way in first anymore at all for that reason. I seem to be doing much better now.

Note also - that the car selection has a lot to do with that!

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 17:35
I have nothing to prove, just trying to have fun, so I have all assists turned on and only cosmetic damage. Using manual transmission, which is fun but tricky because of the way the R gear works (need to downshift through N to R, then hit the gas to go in reverse...takes getting used to with all the spin outs). If I downshift at the wrong time, i.e. while turning slightly, I spin out instantly.

First car i jumped in was the SMS RUF preorder car. Big mistake on my part lol. Simply couldnt keep that on the track at all. Spent the next couple hours toying with different cars, classes, tracks & weather.

Out of what ive tried so far, the GT5;4;3 are my favourite. Havent tried the indy or stock cars yet, but felt confident starting my career in GT5 and got my first sprint race completed before bed last night. Finished in the middle of the pack even with a nasty wipeout on the second last lap.

Thoroughly enjoying the experience so far. Its challenging though which only adds to the enjoyment for me!

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 17:40
lol come on guys. Don't just jump straight into the 900HP road beasts! (agree, very tempting)

Use the "trainer" cars like the Caterham SP.300 or Radicals. Lightweight, good engine/weight ratios, slick tyres, aero help. I recommend to practice with these a lot.

Mr.Smoke
13-05-2015, 21:00
It was a temptation i simply couldnt resist lol. Lesson learned.

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 21:13
Started a career in GT5 and literally couldn't get through half a lap without spinning out. Just kept restarting the practice session and nothing was changing. Felt like my tires were made of hard plastic. I lowered the sensitivity of the steering, throttle and brakes and noticed a little difference I guess.

I think the game is just insanely hard. I have the AI on 3/10 and I can barely keep up. But the thing is, I had so much fun last night sucking it up and I can't wait to get home and work on my skills. This is not the type of game where you can be good at every car, every track just because you've played racing games before. You need to test the car, tweak it, test it again, tweak again, rinse and repeat. You have to do that every time you try a new car, a new track, a new weather scenario...This game is unforgiving, and I think that's why I love it so much already. Gran Turismo feels like 'Cruisin' USA' compared to this!

Um. Yes this is the type of game a pro could pick up and drive right away. But I do agree it is challenging for sure. It's a real simulator. That's why a bunch of people can't handle it. You got it backwards. I promise you, a real pro sim or real life racer is going to be fine, as long as they have a wheel and pedals. Remember the forza challenge with Juan Montoya? He set a lap in a handful of minutes in the corvette that dedicated simmers were chasing for months. Real skills translate well in a real sim. At least if you know the track already. I'm already crushing the tracks I know. Struggling to learn the ones I don't.

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 21:53
I find that going up a gear counters slides sometimes.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 22:06
Um. Yes this is the type of game a pro could pick up and drive right away. But I do agree it is challenging for sure. It's a real simulator. That's why a bunch of people can't handle it. You got it backwards. I promise you, a real pro sim or real life racer is going to be fine, as long as they have a wheel and pedals. Remember the forza challenge with Juan Montoya? He set a lap in a handful of minutes in the corvette that dedicated simmers were chasing for months. Real skills translate well in a real sim. At least if you know the track already. I'm already crushing the tracks I know. Struggling to learn the ones I don't.

agree

http://youtu.be/B-SAbcFYBfA

BSDShoes
15-05-2015, 23:20
^ that video, i'm curious to what he was adjusting with that dial next to the right grip, brake bias?

Anyways I'm getting better with some of the cars, some cars love to spin out if you blip the throttle and the BAC Mono is one of those but I was able to rapidly touch the throttle to keep it steady in corners at high speed still using the PS4 controller. I'm growing to really enjoy this game the more I play it and I'm very eager to see what cars comes each month, hopefully some Ferraris or JDM's.

IrideGravity
16-05-2015, 00:55
^ that video, i'm curious to what he was adjusting with that dial next to the right grip, brake bias?

Anyways I'm getting better with some of the cars, some cars love to spin out if you blip the throttle and the BAC Mono is one of those but I was able to rapidly touch the throttle to keep it steady in corners at high speed still using the PS4 controller. I'm growing to really enjoy this game the more I play it and I'm very eager to see what cars comes each month, hopefully some Ferraris or JDM's.

If the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche were going to be in game. They likely would have worked out licensing deals prior to launch. Not impossible, but not likely. Those are the most expensive licenses out there. I think there going to save their money for development, and it would be a wise choice.
You should see some JDM though. :cool:
Nissan should want their gtr in this game

Notice I said should. Never know if the euros will exclude Japan kinda like japan did to them with granTurismo.
A lot of people have seen so much JDM in GT that these euro cars are a breath of fresh air.
PCars seems to be euro-centric though. Not many American cars either.

Skeme_DBT
16-05-2015, 01:00

Fun with assists ON?

CrypticSpartan
16-05-2015, 01:18

Just hit the BAC Mono on an invitational at Oulton Park and it's giving me fits in dry weather. Will have to try this. On the upside I had my first rolled car after getting whacked by the AI. Temporary upside that is, should have saved the replay

theZOGster
16-05-2015, 01:54
I think the game has more real world physics than we're used (comparing it to Forza or GT). In Forza I can lift off mid-corner with controllable oversteer but in this game lifting off is going to cause all sorts of issues.

In front-wheel drive cars it's even worse, with most of their weight being up front anyway. You have to condition yourself to accelerate out of over-steer. Counter-steering is tough with a controller, at least until they release the next patch. Avoiding situations where you can spin is the best advice you can get right now.

There's a corner on Snetterton 200 or 300, I think it's turn 4 - a decreasing radius left turn that you can't take full out, so you're braking before the corner, easing in on nuetral throttle and trying to decelerate for the next bus-stop turn to the right. I'm spinning there almost every other lap. All the weight is on the front wheels as you turn in there and the next corner requires a decent amount of deceleration - it's killing me.

BSDShoes
16-05-2015, 02:01
Just hit the BAC Mono on an invitational at Oulton Park and it's giving me fits in dry weather. Will have to try this. On the upside I had my first rolled car after getting whacked by the AI. Temporary upside that is, should have saved the replay

Here's my first time on the track, and using the BAC Mono.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43mp-dUM9gc

CrypticSpartan
16-05-2015, 03:19
Here's my first time on the track, and using the BAC Mono.

I need to hit the practice track. My performance was more akin to a bull in a China shop. Great run however for a first

Hatch3t
16-05-2015, 13:57
If the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche were going to be in game. They likely would have worked out licensing deals prior to launch. Not impossible, but not likely. Those are the most expensive licenses out there. I think there going to save their money for development, and it would be a wise choice.
You should see some JDM though. :cool:
Nissan should want their gtr in this game

Notice I said should. Never know if the euros will exclude Japan kinda like japan did to them with granTurismo.
A lot of people have seen so much JDM in GT that these euro cars are a breath of fresh air.
PCars seems to be euro-centric though. Not many American cars either.

I'd find it funny if they didn't include some JDM into the mix. There are plenty of those over in the EU, only they are rebadged versions. Take the Mazdaspeed3/Axela for instance: it's rebadged as the MPS in the EU (not biased at all )

BSDShoes
16-05-2015, 14:38
I need to hit the practice track. My performance was more akin to a bull in a China shop. Great run however for a first

I just noticed in my video that I had cold tires, lol wonder if I had the wrong sets of tires on.