PDA

View Full Version : a message to the makers of this game.

dan123
13-05-2015, 13:37
You are aware of the fact that project cars is a computer game.
It is not real life.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 13:40
thanks Dan, glad to have you on board!

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 13:42
It is not real life.

You are aware that people like to play games that are realistic, give an opportunity to try things that would not be possible in 'Real Life'.

danowat
13-05-2015, 13:43
Isn't it?, damn.

Bealdor
13-05-2015, 13:44
It is not real life.

Genuine question: What's the purpose of your statement?

Scottien
13-05-2015, 13:47
It's a simulator ie it's made to simulate real life racing.

Not everyone has a GT3 car sat in the garage and The Nurburgring round the corner. Thanks for the input though :lemo:

JB5
13-05-2015, 13:56
Don't feed him!

Pablo2008jedi
13-05-2015, 14:00
:watermelon:

dan123
13-05-2015, 14:41
ITS A COMPUTER GAME. IT IS NOT A SIMULATER.

A simulater costs millions to build. They train pilots, or captins of ships, or
Space men.

We do like to play relalistic games. But you have to remember, its a game.

Diluvian
13-05-2015, 14:55
You should take a look at what a simulaton is before you start smartassing. :-)

It doesn't matter if they use Euler Integration or Runge-Kutta Integration, it's still a simulation with a compromise between speed and precision. (I don't know what kind of Integration-method they are using in general ^^). It's still a simulator even if you simplify calculations.

Feetabix
13-05-2015, 14:56
Yes, but candy crush or pacman is a game too.......

This allows me to feed my interest in cars and their set up, and drive interesting stuff in interesting places as fast as possible without killing myself or not feeding my family due to crippling debt.....

The fact that this game is aimed at folk with specific interests, rather than those looking to spend an hour generally gaming is why the word sim is being used.......

BlkBullitt
13-05-2015, 14:59
http://diligences.com/sites/default/files/DontFeedtheTrolls.png

Scottien
13-05-2015, 15:03

Space men.

If you like arcade racing games then go play Gran Turismo, it's your own choice and the game certainly isn't for everyone.

HeeseyChelmet
13-05-2015, 15:57

Space men.

Oxford Dictionaries - Dictionary, Thesaurus, & Grammar (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oxforddictionaries.com%2F&ei=W3RTVYzBK-6y7Qa734DoAw&usg=AFQjCNGzCOWg0S4pEafK-bn2ghUUOb_FCw&bvm=bv.93112503,d.ZGU)

awaite85
13-05-2015, 16:03
This is a useless thread 'dan'.

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 21:49
It all ended so quickly.
:yes: :hopelessness:

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 22:06
Its a sim computer game.
If you dont like these realistic kind of driving games, there are other games out there that are less realistic, like DriveClub or Mario Kart 8.

WingedBeast1968
13-05-2015, 22:17
Duh! Dan, your daddy will take your computer away :)

Dreco
14-05-2015, 16:15
It is not real life.

It makes the Shift games, the Grid games and the F1 games look like child's play.

Roger Prynne
14-05-2015, 17:29
I think it's time to close this thread.

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 18:16
Same old discussion, in which the definition of 'simulation' is never the same for any two persons. pCARS is a video game that tries to simulate car racing as accurately as possible, given the limitations of hardware and software that are used.

This will be a never-ending debate topic I'm afraid, but at least people should discuss decently without resorting to name-calling and ridiculing.

the-D-
14-05-2015, 18:54
I initially thought Dan worded it as a clever way to 'big-up' the game,... Maybe not, makes no difference to me ;)

Growlmon
14-05-2015, 19:00
There is so little context to the thread I can't even tell if he's trying to applaud this game's realism or is pissed about it. I'm going to go with the latter because he somehow managed to get negative rep.

NXP3
16-05-2015, 08:09
You should take a look at what a simulaton is before you start smartassing. :-)

It doesn't matter if they use Euler Integration or Runge-Kutta Integration, it's still a simulation with a compromise between speed and precision. (I don't know what kind of Integration-method they are using in general ^^). It's still a simulator even if you simplify calculations.

Well I guess you can call DriveClub a less accurate simulation then. :)

tmitch45
16-05-2015, 08:18
I don't understand the comment by the OP. Here's me thinking we were going to get an intelligent update from the developers about progress on the much needed patches. All people (customers and supporters) need from the developers is to know that their points are being listened to and acted on and when we are likely to start to see patches coming out and what they will fix.

Unfortunately what we are experiencing on here is people ranting and then WMD members biting their heads off as they feel personally insulted by people bringing up problems and issues. Yes this game has taken years to develop and in my opinion WMD and slightly mad have done a fantastic job on a game that will be epic once a few things are sorted. But its not there and people have every right to raise issues without being called brat's and accused or ranting or being immature. On other game based forums one official rep from the developers directly addresses comments and questions on the forum not lots of people with varying levels of information and investment in the game and this works pretty well.

Diluvian
16-05-2015, 21:36
Well I guess you can call DriveClub a less accurate simulation then. :)

I would say yes, but in general you try to replicate real behaviour with a simulation and Driveclub or other "arcade" racer break that rule on purpose. The pCars devs try to "virtually replicate" real car-behaviour, it doesn't matter if they are successfull or not.