PDA

View Full Version : TX Wheel - Degrees of Rotation - Problem

Entropy Nebula
13-05-2015, 15:01
Hi,

Sorry...another question (steep learning curve this game :cool:)

Apparently the game automatically sets the TX Wheel's DOR depending on the car. When I fire the game up I leave the wheel set to 900 degree (as per the many user guides on here), when I jump into the LMP1 cars the steering still feels like it's at 900 degree (I have my steering ratio set quite fast...9:0:1 etc) and I'm unable to turn a corner without understeering off. To avoid this I then set my wheel directly to 270 degree (pressing 'MODE'+<D-PAD 3 times) and everything's all good, the LMP1 and F1 cars steer perfectly. When I jump into another car with a more natural higher DOR (let's say the Clio) my steering is wildly out. It doesn't matter if I directly set my wheel back to 270,360,540,900 etc...the car will not turn. I can't seem to get the game to auto set my wheel's DOR. I'm at a point where I can't drive anything unless it has F1/LMP1 style steering.

Anyone had the same problem? Any pointers to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Seps1974
13-05-2015, 15:23
First set DOR to 900 on the wheel base, then when in game go to Options & Help -> Controls -> Control Scheme -> press X to calibrate and follow the procedures.

Dynomight Motorsports
13-05-2015, 15:25
You might have to reset (power cycle) the wheel when changing cars.. :( that sucks! I haven't got the game yet but I have the Same wheel as you. I should be able to confirm in a few days.
BTW what FFB settings are you using? How does your FFB feel?

Siberian Tiger
13-05-2015, 15:25
Yepp, the Game will autmatically assign the correct Steering Lock to your wheel according to the used car.

Do never cablibrate it with anything other than the Original Max. Steering Lock of the Wheel itself ;)

Entropy Nebula
13-05-2015, 16:34
I calibrated originally with the wheel at 900, will try again.

Entropy Nebula
14-05-2015, 07:27
I did a full wheel calibration again with the base set to 900 degree.....the steering still wouldn't auto select the right DOR. It's very frustrating .

justonce68
14-05-2015, 07:42
I have the same issue, the game does not assign a degree of rotation on individual cars, I have re calibrated mine loads of times and I have to change the rotation manually on the wheel. Generrally I have to set it at around 340 Deg to get a decent feel

Siberian Tiger
14-05-2015, 07:52
Hmm, since the TX Wheel is working correctly on PC it must be something on the Console which does screw Up that :(

Will pass it to the Devs... Can anyone other TX Owners confirm this Issue?

Acksios
14-05-2015, 07:59
I am playing on x1 and my rotation changes when I drive different cars. For example with the karts I do not have the full 900 degrees. With the Caterham I have around 720. So it seems it is working fine for me... I will test it tomorrow just to be sure

Dazza
14-05-2015, 08:33
Hmm, since the TX Wheel is working correctly on PC it must be something on the Console which does screw Up that :(

Will pass it to the Devs... Can anyone other TX Owners confirm this Issue?

i don't notice the rotation changing by car. i normally have to do it by wheelbase. but could be wrong.

Durand1981
14-05-2015, 09:40
Hi,

Sorry...another question (steep learning curve this game :cool:)

Apparently the game automatically sets the TX Wheel's DOR depending on the car. When I fire the game up I leave the wheel set to 900 degree (as per the many user guides on here), when I jump into the LMP1 cars the steering still feels like it's at 900 degree (I have my steering ratio set quite fast...9:0:1 etc) and I'm unable to turn a corner without understeering off. To avoid this I then set my wheel directly to 270 degree (pressing 'MODE'+<D-PAD 3 times) and everything's all good, the LMP1 and F1 cars steer perfectly. When I jump into another car with a more natural higher DOR (let's say the Clio) my steering is wildly out. It doesn't matter if I directly set my wheel back to 270,360,540,900 etc...the car will not turn. I can't seem to get the game to auto set my wheel's DOR. I'm at a point where I can't drive anything unless it has F1/LMP1 style steering.

Anyone had the same problem? Any pointers to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I use the thrustmaster TX and kept my settings bar 2 at default, i only changed the deadzone from 1 to 0 this stopped the 90d left and right on a straight from having no effect and gave me a more responsive steering.
And then the steering sensitivity to 55
Then recalibrate your wheel and peddles full lock left or right then 90D either way, ultimately you should find that to be a pretty good starting point then i suppose its down to tuning.

KEEP IN MIND once you take out that 1% deadzone you will stop what seemed to be a perfectly straight line on the straight at speed you will notice a slight weave where the wheel is practically 100% responcive from its initial start point.

XBOX One user...

Entropy Nebula
14-05-2015, 12:07
It's defo an issue....I've calibrated my wheel several times, always making sure it's left at 900 degree before starting calibration...

The game won't auto assign DOR to the car....So I have to do it manually.

To give you an idea how bad it is.....I put a Prototype #3 overall worldwide last night in time trial around Monza (after manually setting the wheel to 270).....and then take up the invite to the caterham style track day in my career, and I could not get the Caterham around the circuit at all. I had to drop the AI down to 10% just to give me a chance in the points!!!!! Every lap around Cadwell Park I was unable to turn into the corners, I'd slide off and then spin on the grass trying to crawl back. I turned the game off and reset, did another wheel calibration (leaving the base at 900)....Nope, complete waste of time. I couldn't drive the Caterham at all. It doesn't matter if I leave the game to set the DOR or I do it myself....the cars are undriveable unless they have 270 DOR steering as standard (and even then I have to manually set my wheel to 270).

If I was the devs I'd Forget about the game auto setting the DOR for wheel users. Just let the user decide themselves and make the game follow that!! If my wheel says I've set it to 270 DOR, it shouldn't matter whether I'm sitting in an LMP1 car or a Clio the steering should remain set at 270!!

I'm quite happy to film everything for the devs so you can see I'm not the one causing this!! I've never had this problem on racing games before.

Manic DBB
14-05-2015, 14:22
It is working correctly for me on Xbox One, although I did have one instance where it didn't, and going to Xbox One dash and back to the game fixed it.

QuBix
14-05-2015, 14:35
The TX wheel on Xbox One is also having Force Feedback problems. It works fine on PC but a thread going 15 pages deep on here explains it all. Basically the FFB is not set right on the TX Wheel and no matter if you go to in-game settings etc. and try to adjust it per car and per track. This all works perfectly fine on PC but on the Xbox One it looks like the wheel is not programmed right. This along with the known controller issue. Not to sound negative but was the game even tested on the Xbox One... PS4 and PC users are not seeing these controller and wheel issues.

nissan4ever
14-05-2015, 15:11
I'm not experiencing any issues with my DOR on my TX. It's doing what it's supposed to do based on car & tune.

HEF51
14-05-2015, 15:30
In the Calibration, Step one, go to 100. And then in step two, go to where is say 900 degrees.

justonce68
14-05-2015, 15:41
This is a deffo issue, my wheel refuses to auto calibrate the rotation in game, it set it on the fly to what feels right manually. The FFB seems ok albeit not as strong as it was on Forza. Its not a game breaker and I am happy with how the game feels and drives. I have searched the Thrust master data base but unable to find a solution.
This is not an issue whereby we don't know how to follow 2 simple steps to calibrate rotation and FFB

Entropy Nebula
14-05-2015, 16:01
In the Calibration, Step one, go to 100. And then in step two, go to where is say 900 degrees.

I think we're well past the point of those simple instructions... Read the thread

HEF51
14-05-2015, 16:15
I think we're well past the point of those simple instructions... Read the thread

I did, no one suggested this. It worked for me as following the on screen calibration to do Step 1 at 100 and then Step 2 turn the wheel 90 degrees did not work for me.

scgor
14-05-2015, 16:15
I have the same issue, I am manually setting the wheel in the calibration to show 330 deg as if calibarate as normal I have turn the wheel all the way round to get round a sharp bend on any car. For example F1 cars I need to spin the wheel at to get round the turn 3 at silverstone GP circuit. Please advise...Love the game though best ever driving game...

bazh2002
14-05-2015, 16:26
I did a full wheel calibration again with the base set to 900 degree.....the steering still wouldn't auto select the right DOR. It's very frustrating .

Same here.

Miker
14-05-2015, 20:39
Recalibrated my wheel again tonight, with full rotation, had previously been doing with the DOR on already 330. Found it is automatically adjusting to the cars and the big bonus is it has hugely improved my FFB experience, its much smoother FFB now and gives me a better feeling for what is going on with the car, not perfect but lots better...result

Jezza819
14-05-2015, 22:45
Now when I calibrated my wheel I was told by someone else to forcefully hold the wheel at 90 degrees and not let it spin around. Is that true? Because I've only had the game for two days and I'm only using one car until I get a better feel of how everything works and I've had FFB go from a wrist breaking 270 all the way to a soft as butter 900 WITHOUT changing any setting on the wheel base. It changed somehow according to all of the settings I was playing with. I just don't know what changed what yet.

Dynomight Motorsports
14-05-2015, 23:19
@Jezza819, I think you're supposed to hold it 900' and press A while holding tight. Seems that fixes a lot of things, not all though. You can adjust your steering ratio for the car in the setup.

turbohondaej1
14-05-2015, 23:34
There is a setting some place that gives you the option for soft lock. It's under an advanced option you have to enable first. look it the control menu it is at the very bottom of the settings tab it's in.

BENVCR
14-05-2015, 23:42
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25184-Possible-TX-calibration-fix-but-I-have-new-unrelated-bugs!&p=912036#post912036

This may help!