PDA

View Full Version : Joke of a Game so Far!!!! Contemplating putting it in the bin!!!

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:06
Yes you read that right so far my experience of Project Cars is a frustrating joke! I feel like swearing its so stupid!

I've had the game for over a week and i've still not yet been able to participate in a Race using my T500RS Sterring wheel, pedals and TH8 Gear Shifter - Not a massive gamer but was expecting like Drive Club put the game in get shown round the game itself and before you know it you're racing.......oh no! i started looking online to see complaints, this forum stating all the issues and I'm thinking GREAT seems all this hype about this and that is wasted on the people who are not Formula 1 Mechanics and have to try all manor of unplugging USB's to get there devices to work!

To think this game could of been tested and all the bugs or potential issues found and corrected before launch is a complete joke and I dont care if 800,000 racing fans have been consulted and racing drivers etc the fact is the game doesnt help you at all the setup of the car is a joke and people generally dont know about dampners, mx, rx and to be perfectly honest dont really care, at least make it more user friendly to configurations can be done without having to read in depth or view reviews which agree you need to be a mechanic to work this game out!

I've never joined a forum or criticized a game but this so far takes the biscuit and the fact this game kept getting delayed to me it clearly shows, the developers have got too clever and forgot they are selling to top the mass market......were not all car geeks!! - if games are going to be this in depth and confusing why not sell it with a ruddy manual??!!??? So far ive had my steering wheel not recognized finally got that working then on setup it was going crazy juddering got past that to have a hit and miss setup each time, i then go to settings calibrate my steering and pedals then i get to a race and it just revs and sits there even though the clutch is set to clutch and all the gears are set for gear 1, 2, 3 etc then whenever i set this up it keeps telling me ive not yet setup everything and it seems i have to allocate about 40 options in the game between 12 buttons so when i configure x as say ignition and all buttons are configured i am stuck and can go no further because whenever i assign a new button it takes it away from the previous.

So at the moment I am sitting here like a right $%^& game in hand, everything ready to go just honestly been done up good and proper on this game and i feel scammed into buying it so far, if anyone asked me about this game I am clearly going to tell them not to buy, i am only going to try so much before I snap the game and bin it cos its not worth the hassle I just wanted to add this on the forum to get it off my chest I'm off again to try and work out how this very frustrating, very hard to configure game works I just hope anyone contemplating buying it reads this gives it a wide birth and maybe gives it time to sort itself out cos it clearly should of been put on the market for mugs like me to buy it!

Doubt anyone from Project Cars will respond as they are probably counting the cash but it seems they have entered a game to the market, there seems to be bugs galore meanwhile people who have paid to have it on release date are just left shafted with no support or advise whatsoever!!! NICE ONE!

Sorry but I am so P%$"%$% off with this game so far and Ive not even played it!!!

I'm off to play Drive Club!

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 15:09
So, if I'm understanding correctly, your problem is that you haven't assigned all controls and haven't calibrated your wheel?

Blackvault
13-05-2015, 15:11
Yes you read that right so far my experience of Project Cars is a frustrating joke! I feel like swearing its so stupid!

I've had the game for over a week and i've still not yet been able to participate in a Race using my T500RS Sterring wheel, pedals and TH8 Gear Shifter - Not a massive gamer but was expecting like Drive Club put the game in get shown round the game itself and before you know it you're racing.......oh no! i started looking online to see complaints, this forum stating all the issues and I'm thinking GREAT seems all this hype about this and that is wasted on the people who are not Formula 1 Mechanics and have to try all manor of unplugging USB's to get there devices to work!

To think this game could of been tested and all the bugs or potential issues found and corrected before launch is a complete joke and I dont care if 800,000 racing fans have been consulted and racing drivers etc the fact is the game doesnt help you at all the setup of the car is a joke and people generally dont know about dampners, mx, rx and to be perfectly honest dont really care, at least make it more user friendly to configurations can be done without having to read in depth or view reviews which agree you need to be a mechanic to work this game out!

I've never joined a forum or criticized a game but this so far takes the biscuit and the fact this game kept getting delayed to me it clearly shows, the developers have got too clever and forgot they are selling to top the mass market......were not all car geeks!! - if games are going to be this in depth and confusing why not sell it with a ruddy manual??!!??? So far ive had my steering wheel not recognized finally got that working then on setup it was going crazy juddering got past that to have a hit and miss setup each time, i then go to settings calibrate my steering and pedals then i get to a race and it just revs and sits there even though the clutch is set to clutch and all the gears are set for gear 1, 2, 3 etc then whenever i set this up it keeps telling me ive not yet setup everything and it seems i have to allocate about 40 options in the game between 12 buttons so when i configure x as say ignition and all buttons are configured i am stuck and can go no further because whenever i assign a new button it takes it away from the previous.

So at the moment I am sitting here like a right $%^& game in hand, everything ready to go just honestly been done up good and proper on this game and i feel scammed into buying it so far, if anyone asked me about this game I am clearly going to tell them not to buy, i am only going to try so much before I snap the game and bin it cos its not worth the hassle I just wanted to add this on the forum to get it off my chest I'm off again to try and work out how this very frustrating, very hard to configure game works I just hope anyone contemplating buying it reads this gives it a wide birth and maybe gives it time to sort itself out cos it clearly should of been put on the market for mugs like me to buy it!

Doubt anyone from Project Cars will respond as they are probably counting the cash but it seems they have entered a game to the market, there seems to be bugs galore meanwhile people who have paid to have it on release date are just left shafted with no support or advise whatsoever!!! NICE ONE!

Sorry but I am so P%$"%$% off with this game so far and Ive not even played it!!!

I'm off to play Drive Club!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I can understand why you might feel frustrated but voicing your grievances in such a manner isn't that constructive or helpful.

SMS are aware of issues with the game and are working their hardest to get these resolved. Take a look at the XBL and PS4 Known Issues threads.

I'm going to close this thread off before it descends into a tit for tat.

Pete

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:11
I have calibrated my wheel, pedals and when I go into the options of assigning things to controls I dont see how I can assign 12 buttons to 40 or so options??

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:13
Thanks for the help pete - Brush it under the carpet many thanks........

Blackvault
13-05-2015, 15:16
Thanks for the help pete - Brush it under the carpet many thanks........

I'm not trying to brush the problems under the carpet. I'm merely pointing out that SMS know of a few issues and if you take a moment to compare your issues against the known list, you may find that they are either resolved through a workaround or a patch is needed. If however you read the list and discover that your issues aren't listed then we can start to look to see if other people have found a similar issue. However the tone you've used straight away gets people's back up and isn't very helpful to a discussion and people may be less willing to help.

I hope that helps explain my post.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 15:19
I have calibrated my wheel, pedals and when I go into the options of assigning things to controls I dont see how I can assign 12 buttons to 40 or so options??
This isn't exclusive to pCARS, any game I play has many options to assign so some of them you'll have to assign to keyboard or other devices (e.g. a button box).

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:23
I get your explanation but I feel my tone is valid - If I buy something anywhere expecting it to work when I get it home whether that be a game, a washing machine, a car etc and the creator/Manafacturer is telling me it doesn't work correctly and you're going to have to source you're own fix I get from your post I am just to accept that and bite my lip? This is an open forum and I am just speaking my mind so apologies if that upsets anyone but I dont like buying things and then to be told my tone isnt great when it doesnt work to me is crazy...........

Wootball
13-05-2015, 15:27
It sounds like you've got an individual button set up for each specific gear. As you'll find, you don't have enough buttons to do that - instead, set a button for gear up and a button for gear down (they are R1 and L1 by default, but with a wheel they'll move to your gear paddles). It might just be that you've overlooked that you don't need a button per gear.

I see that you've got a shifter too - does that actually need the gear buttons to be assigned or does it just handle it by default when you've selected manual gearing?

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:32
But I am wanting my Gears setup so they go via my Gear Shifter? Surely I dont need the paddles engaged for this to happen?

Wootball
13-05-2015, 15:33
But I am wanting my Gears setup so they go via my Gear Shifter? Surely I dont need the paddles engaged for this to happen?

Does that actually need the individual gears to be set? If it's got manual gears engaged does your shifter work without changing them?

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 15:42
Thats the thing, I dont know hence my Frustration - Ive just gone into the game, calibrated my Wheel, Pedals I have no idea what I need to do with the Shifter..............

Wootball
13-05-2015, 15:59
Try it?

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 16:02
Again its all over the place, Steering setup all wrong wont sort itself out, Wont let me race unless I set Gear Shift Up/Down even though I am wanting to use Gear Shifter itself - Still no race.....

Wootball
13-05-2015, 16:03
Right - reset everything to default then just calibrate wheel and pedals - then race. Does the shifter work then?

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 16:06
Nope just the paddles will allow gear change.........no shifter :(

Franco Ferrari
13-05-2015, 16:08
Thats the thing, I dont know hence my Frustration - Ive just gone into the game, calibrated my Wheel, Pedals I have no idea what I need to do with the Shifter..............

Do you seriously think that in 3+ years of development, absolutely nobody tried the T500Rs +TH8 shifter combo on PC?
It's probably the single most common controller among all the WMD members (me included).

If you selected the correct wheel and shifter combo in the controller menu, the default configuration should already manage the TH8 shifter.
So, first make sure you have the T500RS + TH8 selected as the input controller (you just need to browse through the list).
But apart from that, if you override the default configuration, yes you do have to assign each gear individually... just like any other racing game on the planet, AFAIK.

IMO you don't have to be frustrated for this... because everything (this aspect at least) is way easier than you probably think.

TrickyDicky
13-05-2015, 16:15
Hi Franco, Thanks for the info......dont suppose you can advise where this list is to select the input controller please?

graveltrap
13-05-2015, 17:33
Pretty sure the setup was tried on a PC but how about a PS4 as that is the platform that is relevant here ;) It seems people are often forgetting this is a multi platform title now it has been released into the wild...

There is a thread over on GTP here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/th8a-ps4.328643/#post-10694819)
asking a similar question maybe of some help?

Auto clutch off and a button to start the engine may be the things you are missing?

Bealdor
13-05-2015, 17:50
Hi Franco, Thanks for the info......dont suppose you can advise where this list is to select the input controller please?

Options -> Controls -> On the top left is the name of the current controller written. Close to that are little black arrows to browse through the different controller presets. Choose the one that Franco mentioned.

Franco Ferrari
13-05-2015, 19:58

First, you have to forgive me, since I said there was a T500RS+TH8 combo, but there is actually only the T500RS one.

And as Beaklor said, you have to go to in the Option (the black square on the top right next to your name) > Controls.
Then you have to use the highlighted field to change the controller to T500RS (I suppose using left-right) either combined or separate (recommended) pedals.

Also, I'd suggest to be sure you have reset the button configuration, using the "Reset" option.

Then, go to the "Edit Assignments" page and make sure you have configured the 8 gearing buttons, using the TH8, which by default are not assigned (at least, on PC).

The paddle shifter, by default, is always functioning (unless the mapping is changed)... but is going to be overridden by the TH8 anyway, when this is connected.

I think this is all you need to do.

Also, remember to calibrate both the wheel and pedals.

jason
14-05-2015, 01:52
Tricky are you on ps4 Platform ? If so I will Help you figure it out .

I have ps4 t500 also

I will give you settings that will make you enjoy your experience and perhaps change your perspective on project cars. I was also a little frustrated with it , but after some ( 2 days) tinkering I am a very happy customer.

PSN SUBGTRACER

jdmnsprd
14-05-2015, 02:59
I get your explanation but I feel my tone is valid - If I buy something anywhere expecting it to work when I get it home whether that be a game, a washing machine, a car etc and the creator/Manafacturer is telling me it doesn't work correctly and you're going to have to source you're own fix I get from your post I am just to accept that and bite my lip? This is an open forum and I am just speaking my mind so apologies if that upsets anyone but I dont like buying things and then to be told my tone isnt great when it doesnt work to me is crazy...........
dont worry about it bro when Gran Turismo 7 comes out this game wont even be a memory of a memory

Blackvault
14-05-2015, 06:47
dont worry about it bro when Gran Turismo 7 comes out this game wont even be a memory of a memory

We don't need comments like that please.

Pete

Sankyo
14-05-2015, 08:52
Well also a washing machine or a car need finding out how they work. pCARS works as well, but you'll first need to familiarize yourself with how to operate the game. True, the game doesn't come with a manual AFAIK, but then again it follows the same logic as any other game requiring to set up the basic stuff first before diving into the gameplay.

Since people have lots of different preferences and there's a lot of different hardware out there to choose from, not everything will be defined by default, nor will there be presets for every possible hardware combination. That means that especially the controller set-up needs the user's attention first to set it up as preferrred.

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 08:56
It's been stated that the console version had limited testing in the community, basically the WMD guys only had access to the PC version.

It's difficult to test all scenarios I know, but console didn't receive the same focus on testing. It's clearly evident buy the problems that have arisen.

Needless to say, I know SMS will fix these issues and it seems to be a case for all games these, regardless of type, to have major issues on launch and after a few weeks.

TomekCB
14-05-2015, 13:39
Yeah the console version is far inferior to the on pc and we pay almost 30euros more in Germany. I love the physics in this SIM but there are bugs on every aspect of the console release. Yeah the game will probably get finished someday.(Like A.C. Unity? ) but you can get it for half the price when finished. Can't understand how this could get through the QA. Can't understand why the pc version get patch even it's the most finished version. And now I have to read they already talking about pcars 2. I will never buy a game day1. This industry kills itself with this.