PDA

View Full Version : Real assists

Beardybrave
13-05-2015, 15:18
So, count this as the first in a list of questions so dumb, only Beardybrave could ask them. =)

First: Real assists! Yay! I've been arguing til I was blue in the face for years, that racers should only allow assists available to the real car. So chuffed to see it here.

Second: How in the blue blazes can you tell if they're on? I realise they should handle differently, I've got them assigned as buttons, but I'm never quite sure if I've switched then on or not. I'm talking only using cars that would have TC, ABS etc, obviously.

Is there anything I'm missing on the dash/hud? ABS indicator etc.?

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 15:20
yeah, bit hard to tell.

Switch Camera to bumper or some other external cam and you'll see a digital display lower right with speed/tach etc. There's also some small circles representing each of the assists and as those activate in real time so will those indicators.

WMD: Someone can post a picture? Thanks.

Beardybrave
13-05-2015, 15:25
Ahhh. Ok. Good to know. I've been in cockpit only, and I couldn't see anything there. Thanks for replying so quickly, it's been driving me nuts. =)

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 17:24
Whats the difference between Assists Off, and Assists Real?
I'm guessing 'Real' will give certain cars, certain assists, to match their real life counterparts. Is that right?

Siberian Tiger
13-05-2015, 17:28
Whats the difference between Assists Off, and Assists Real?
I'm guessing 'Real' will give certain cars, certain assists, to match their real life counterparts. Is that right?

Correct...

Roger Prynne
13-05-2015, 17:58
Here you go.... an old pic but you get the point.

If they are on you see them if off you dont.

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 19:15
Thanks guys.

Beardybrave
13-05-2015, 20:58
Yup, thanks. Screenshot helps a lot. =)

JessicaWalter
13-05-2015, 21:03
Yeah, thanks for the screenshot! This game has a lot to learn and until you see some features in action visibly it's hard to know wwhat to look for

jason
14-05-2015, 01:57
Who stole the rest of my pit crew ? :) They must have all gone to the toilet together on the ps4 after all It was a long race I was in. :)