PDA

View Full Version : Why so much fuel?

Suburban Coot
13-05-2015, 16:17
So now that its been a day at least. Me and some friends have noticed that the fuel load is oddly high.Also that you can't change from liters to gallons? I jokingly stated yesterday that I was a Fuel Tanker and that is what brought me to this post. So was it or is it a mistake that the fuel is so high? Did I miss something?

Roger Prynne
13-05-2015, 16:34
Change your fuel load in the car setup.

hewd
13-05-2015, 16:42
Fuel load is a tuning option, i generally set it to 50-60 litres, 10-20 for qualifying, but that's just the preset for me.
I use the practice session to check up fuel consumption and tweak tuning setups. When you know aproximately how much fuel the car will use in one lap, it's simple to calculate how much you need for the whole race. Less fuel = lighter and faster car.

Sp4mD4gger
13-05-2015, 16:59
So now that its been a day at least. Me and some friends have noticed that the fuel load is oddly high.Also that you can't change from liters to gallons? I jokingly stated yesterday that I was a Fuel Tanker and that is what brought me to this post. So was it or is it a mistake that the fuel is so high? Did I miss something?
The settings for the cars are "safe" by default, so you get a full tank of fuel, just change accordingly.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 17:03
GT3 cars you can figure use about 3L/lap at most of the GP tracks. Depends on other conditions of course but for a 20 lap race at Monza just take 60L and you'll be ok. Same for most other tracks, Nords the obvious exception.

Suburban Coot
13-05-2015, 18:35
Great advice and info fellas. Thank you. :)